Monday 16 March 2020

3 Blue Dress and Pink Bag Outfits: Weekday Wear Linkup

Bit of a long post for today's Weekday Wear Linkup, sharing 3 outfits I wore recently with blue dresses and pink bags. Both things I have a lot of in my wardrobe, they pair so perfectly together!

A dress is an easy not too formal but not too casual outfit for a training day too, and that's why I wore these outfits to a training course for work.


What I wore:

 Jeanswest 'Chelsea' boho peasant navy printed dress with tassel earrings pink Balenciaga city bag | awayfromblue

Balenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | blue boho peasant dress with pink Balenciaga sorbet city bag
Earrings: Kmart navy tassel earrings
Dress: Jeanswest 'Chelsea' printed dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
Bracelets: the usual plus Edenborough Evans 'Ivy' silver cuff
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet (more affordable preloved)

Why I wore it:

I was surprised to see that I hadn't worn this dress and bag together before when I hunted through my blog archive. Both much loved pieces, I was sure I'd worn them together before!

I think the casual boho peasant style of the printed dress works really nicely with the slouchy pink Balenciaga city bag. The colour combo is great too!

Unfortunately these are not the shoes I wore. I've been taking pics in the morning with the shoes I've been wearing in the office and commuting in my daggy old sneakers to try reduce the pain on my knee. A frantic realisation we were out of bread for the kids breakfasts and a dash to the shops before breakfast and then trying to make it into the city on time, I'd forgotten to pick up the bag with these shoes to change into. Thankfully I made it to the course on time but I felt a bit out of place with the sneakers!


Last worn: boho printed dress, navy tassel earrings, tan ballet flats, Balenciaga sorbet pink city bag.

Other ways to wearboho printed dress and sneakers, tan ballet flats and jeans, Balenciaga sorbet pink city bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyboho printed dress in second trimester, tan ballet flats in second trimester, Balenciaga sorbet pink city bag at 37 weeks.





What I wore:

french connection paisley print sheath dress with silver accessories Rebecca Minkoff small Darren bag | away from blue

silver accessories and Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | french connection blue paisley print sheath dress with pastel pink peony rebecca minkoff small Darren bag
Necklace: silver ball multi chain long necklace
DressFrench Connection blue Paisley print dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony (more affordable preowned!)

Why I wore it:

Thankfully I remembered the bag with my shoes in it this time so I was able to wear these lovely ballet flats during the day! I really like the way all the accessories matched with the silver multi strand necklace, metallic ballet flats, and silver hardware on the Rebecca Minkoff Darren messenger bag.

This blue Paisley print sheath dress is a firm favourite too and was what I wore to the first day of training, as I wasn't sure about the dress code. Something I've worn for important meetings and to be dressed down for casual Friday, this dress is so versatile! I like the way the pastel pink Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag went with the Paisley print too.


Last worn: silver multi strand necklace, French Connection Paisley print sheath dress, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag.
  Other ways to wearPaisley print sheath dress in winter, silver ballet flats and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag with jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyPaisley print sheath dress in second trimester, silver ballet flats in third trimester.







What I wore:

navy belted ikat print dress with statemetn silver leaf earrings and magenta rebecca minkoff edie crossbody bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta | away from the blue blue

awayfromblue Instagram | Jeanswest ikat print navy dress with rebecca minkoff magenta edie crossbody bag
Earrings: Colette silver filigree leaf diamante statement earrings
NecklaceTiffany diamonds by the yard necklace
Dress: Jeanswest Aztec print dress
Belt: Forever New 'orchid petal' skinny belt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta (get it preowned!, and use code REAL for an extra 20% off!)

Why I wore it:

Another blue dress and another pink bag! This isn't even all my blue dresses or pink bags, I really do have a few! I liked the way this magenta Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag popped with the navy Ikat print dress.

Like the other blue dresses above, this is a favourite and I even took it to Europe with me last year.

Rather than wear a statement necklace I went with my Tiffany diamond necklace and the silver leaf earrings which are a perfect statement on their own, and added a little extra colour with the skinny lilac belt. This belt is an old one I rediscovered after finally finding the box of belts I'd hidden away in pregnancy a while back. Unfortunately being pleather, being stored in a box for years in the Queensland heat and humidity has not been kind to it and it actually disintegrated and snapped when I unbuckled it at the end of the day. Such a shame!


Last worn: silver leaf earrings, diamond necklacenavy Ikat dress, lilac skinny belt, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Edie cross body bag.

Other ways to wearnavy Ikat dress and scarf, lilac skinny belt and pleated skirt, black ballet flats and midi dress, Rebecca Minkoff Edie cross body bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancynavy Ikat dress in second trimester, lilac skinny belt in second trimester, black ballet flats in third trimester.



Blue Printed Dresses Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

Blue and pink look so good together and as you can see in each of these outfits, you can pair any shade of blue with any shade of pink! Using bright accessories like these pink bags is a fun way to try out the colour combo and shows you how versatile a pink bag can be, it's easy to wear with colourful printed pieces and not just neutrals!


Weekday Wear Linkup #62


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails



Linking up with Confident Twosday, Trend Spin, Turning Heads, Style On The Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Style Six, What I Wore Wednesday, Fashion Files.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

77 comments:

  1. Lovely looks dear!
    HAPPY WEEK
    xoxo
    https://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely outfits 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love blue and pink together, shame about your belt, but I understand the heat and humidity. Hope you have a great week Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a shame but can't be helped :(

      Delete
  4. I love your dresses - you look great in all three.

    Hopefully the weather will soon improve here to allow me to wear dresses again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue is one of my fave colors so I adore all these dresses! The prints are beautiful! Thanks so much for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue and pink is such a pretty color combo! Such a bummer about your belt! Love all of these outfits for work!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love blue and pink together, Mica! It is such a beautiful combination. Your second dress with the paisley print is my favorite of these because I can’t resist a paisley print! But you look so lovely in all three looks.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty dresses, and love the fun pops of color with your bags <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. These dresses are so beautiful. I like shape and pattern at every of them. I hope so that is everything ok in your city. We are currently lock down.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/03/dior-hydra-life-fresh-hydration-sorbet_15.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are safe! We weren't on lockdown when I wore these back in February :)

      Delete
  10. Love all of these. I think my favorite is the third just because I'm into darker shades for myself! Blue and pink are always a good combo
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three great looks, I love pink and blue together! So sorry my entries are showing the bottom half of the image-feet first! I have not quite figured out how to use your Linky-Links!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All 3 of the dressed look amazing on you. My favorite is the second one x

    Laura
    https://www.beautywithlala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That first dress is my favorite and the 2nd litle purse is a winner too! I do love how all 3 dresses looks so comfy while put together.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors go so well together. Love the ensembles :)

    https://www.mariannyc.com/the-perfect-4-day-barcelona-itineary/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those in the middle dress options that you can dress up or down, uh great pieces to own. You look great in all three but I love the print on the third one. The bag from look 2 is beautiful too! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tnìhe blue-pink combo is one of my fav ever, especially if in pastel shades!
    Your outfits look all very cute and fresh, my fav is the 1st, that dress looks really super cute on you!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isnt it funny to discover you never combined an outfit together before... its like a whole new thing that you're excited about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to come up with a different way to accessorise this dress! :)

      Delete
  18. I must say you have the greatest collection of bags. The third look is my favorite. I wish I could do ballet flats but I can not wear them as my second toe is longer then my first so if I get them bigger for this reason they flop off and if I get them smaller they stay on better but are then too tight. I can wear ballet flats with straps though. You look great in all of these looks.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some cute ballet flats with straps out there! :)

      Delete
  19. Such pretty dresses and loving all the handbags! Especiallyl loving the last outfit with the pretty print!
    Thanks for sharing and for hosting the linkup! Hope you're having a good week!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl I love your bags <3

    Serene xoxo

    http://www.surrealserene.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun to pair blue dresses with pink bags. I'm partial to the Boho look. Wow, on having so many pink bags! I really like the magenta one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a colour I love to accessorise with! :)

      Delete
  22. Love the dresses for sure, and that bag...I didn't think this shade of pink would with the blue but you carry it off so effortlessly:)
    Hope you're having a good start to the week:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful blue dress and pink bags pairings. I love how you explored the different tonalities with your pink bags from pale pink to bright one. Your blue dresses are lovely as well. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Could you be any more beautiful? Such a great look, cutie!!
    Be well & healthy!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. That Balenciaga bag is the cutest color! I can see it being a staple for springtime!

    https://sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It gets a lot of wear year-round!

      Delete
  26. I'm in love with all of these dresses, Mica! They are so beautiful on you! :) I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great choice, Mica! I love all three dresses, and I also love how you styled them!

    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  28. The pink and blue is so pretty together! I especially love that pale pink bag, it is gorgeous, and so pretty with that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm loving this color combo no matter the shades! You have a wonderful variety of dresses and fabulous bags!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love all of these dresses! They are lovely on you, Mica! I think you need to invest in some pink shoes to go with all these gorgeous pink bags! Glad to hear you finally found your belt bag, but what a bummer about the belt snapping. And that's why I always buy leather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leather is much better in the heat and humidity! I do need pink shoes! I wore my other ones to death!

      Delete
  31. It goes to show that you love blue print dresses. I have quite a few too...haha!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your pairing of blue and pink together here!

    I hope you have a fabulous week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  33. Blue is my favorite color forever. If you could open my wardrobe, the primary color you could see there is blue. All of your dresses are so pretty. I could wear any of them. You styled them so nicely. Good job, Mica.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful outfit! I like your dresses and bags
    http://www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really love the last dress. All of your bags are fabulous and I adore the pale pink bag. <3
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love dark blue with pops of pink—it's such a happy combination!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely blue dresses. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I hope youre knee is doing better! The dresses are very lovely, blue is such a good color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It will take a while to heal unfortunately!

      Delete
  39. The dress will look beautiful in spring 😉
    do you want us to follow each other?
    Kisses 😘

    ReplyDelete
  40. I think blue and pink go well together! You paired each outfit and bag beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I've always liked the contrast between blue and pink - it reminds me of Spring! You look lovely in all three of these outfits. I hope you're having a happy and healthy week so far :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  42. All three dresses are super pretty! I hope you had fun learning new things during the training. It sucks that pleather deteriorates and I can so relate with the belt situation and bags that are made of PU. They just decay with the equatorial humidity here. Sigh. I hope you are well there, Mica! Have a lovely week ahead and stay safe <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  43. You looks beautiful and I loved the three dresses! ♥

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hello
    The three dresses are beautiful as well as the bags, I hope you get well on your knee quickly !!
    xoox

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Just beautiful, everything is great.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Three gorgeous dresses: what a treat! Although there isn't one that I don't love, my favourite is the first one. I'm loving its boho vibe, and it's looking particularly lovely paired with the pink bag. Hope your knee will get better soon, Mica. I have an on and off bad knee too, but it's age related in my case ;-) Enjoy the rest of your week and do stay safe! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mine is due to an old knee injury I aggravated just after Christmas.

      Delete
  47. All of these dresses are really beautiful but the second one is especially lovely! Those bags add just the right pop of colour to each look. Your style is always so inspiring!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I like the different shade of blue. I hope you are doing well.
    https://www.comfycozyup.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love how all of the pink bags pair so nicely with the blue dresses! All the outfits look so lovely!

    Mai
    ✰ maidoesthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Sorry to hear you knee has been hurting you.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  51. Such pretty dresses Mica, you look wonderful darling.


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. The blue and pink pair perfectly together. I can see why you like having them both in your closet. Have a great week. XO

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oooh all of these dresses are GORGEOUS! I'm especially loving your French Connection one! Sorry to hear about your belt too... I recently had that happen to one of my older belts, and it' so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so annoying, but my own fault for having misplaced them for so long I guess!

      Delete
  54. Lovely dress and bags :) Thanks for linking up to What I Wore Wednesday Link Up. Hope you can stop by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I have been looking for a dress like your first one in this post! It is so cute!
    Have a great weekend Mica!

    lots of love,
    Susie
    findyourownhope.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love these cute dresses on you dear, especially the first one. Such a charming look!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love the vibrant colors in that second dress!

    ReplyDelete
  58. All 3 dresses look wonderful on you. Love a fluter sleve. I could use a bit more blue in my closet and now you can find it due to it being the color of the year. You know I love your bag collecition and I especially love the magenta bag with the blue dress. HOpe you and your family are doing well.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. All three of those dresses are beautiful! I really love the paisley print of the second dress. And the pops of color your purses give to each outfit is perfect!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thanks all for your sweet comments, and for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...