Monday 27 January 2020

Weekday Wear Link Up - Printed Tanks and Black Pencil Skirts With Balenciaga First Bag

For this week's Weekday Wear Linkup (and what was my first week back at work after the Christmas break) I needed something simple so I stuck with my trusty black pencil skirts and some printed tanks. The tanks were long overdue a wear! When I setup my new wardrobe I got rid of a few blouses I hadn't worn in a long time but these two made the cut to stay in my wardrobe!

What I wore:

navy ruffle printed tank with red ballet flats pencil skirt Balenciaga first bag  | awayfromblue

silver bracelet stack with Balenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | summer office outfit navy ruffle printed tank with red ballet flats black pencil skirt
Necklace: engraved interlinked silver circle family name necklace
TankJeanswest 'Ricky' ruffle front top in midnight
SkirtJeanswest black ponte pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs suede flats in red
BagBalenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India


Why I wore it:

I was so sure this was a complete outfit repeat but I wore it anyway! I love the red ballet flats as a bit of matchy-matchy with the red print on the navy tank so I wanted to wear them together again. With the hearts and the ruffles on the tank, it's a very cute piece, but manages to look perfectly professional for the office with a pencil skirt. I did have a cardigan at my desk to cover up my shoulders with at meetings and also for when the office aircon got too cold!

The turquoise Balenciaga first bag was a fun addition and another shade of blue for the outfit and I was happy to continue wearing it - it has been on heavy repeat after I unwrapped it on Christmas day!


Last worn: navy ruffle tank, circle necklace, black pencil skirt, red suede flats, Balenciaga first bag.

Other ways to wearnavy ruffle tank and blazer, black pencil skirt in winter, red suede flats and jeans, Balenciaga first bag with shorts.

Perfect for pregnancynavy ruffle tank in second trimester black ponte pencil skirt in second trimester, red suede flats in second trimester.


My Balenciaga Handbag Collection:







What I wore:

ruffle dog print blouse for office with black pencil skirt leopard ballet flats turquoise Balenciaga first | away from blue

dog print tank with Balenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | summer office outfit dog print tank with black pencil skirt Balenciaga first bag
Necklace: Swarovski heart pendant
Tank: Target ruffle sleeve dog print blouse
SkirtJeanswest zip detail ponte pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne Ava white leopard ballet flats
BagBalenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India


Why I wore it:

A little bit of print mixing and a little bit of matchy matchy - this simple outfit has a bit of everything! I like wearing this dachshund print tank with purple as the little dogs have a faint purple outline, but I thought blue would be nice to try with it for a change and I thought this blue Swarovski heart necklace matched the turquoise Balenciaga blue India first bag nicely.

The shoes were another attempt to try something different with this tank - I picked my leopard print ballet flats for a print mix. Being black and white they seemed like a good touch with the black and white outfit and it let the blue accessories shine. I actually really liked this combination!


Last worndachshund print tank, Swarovski heart necklace, black pencil skirt, leopard print ballet flats, Balenciaga blue India first bag (above).

Other ways to weardachshund print tank and grey skirt, black pencil skirt over a dress, leopard print ballet flats and sundress, Balenciaga blue India first bag with yellow tee.

Perfect for pregnancydachshund print tank hiding second trimester bump, black pencil skirt in first trimester.



Printed Tanks Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A fun printed tank is an easy outfit choice for the office with a classic black pencil skirt. You can match the colour in the print to something else in your outfit, or pick a different colour for your accessories like I have in the second outfit for a bit of a pop.



Weekday Wear Linkup #55


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Linking up with Mutton Style, Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Style On The Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Style SixFashion Frenzy, Fashion Files, Thursday Moda, Chic and Stylish.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

76 comments:

  1. Both outfits are so pretty for the office, Mica! Both tops are such pretty prints: I especially like the one with the dogs on it! ;) I like how you've accessorised both outfits too. Your new bag is fabulous! Hope you've had a great long weekend and have a wonderful week ahead, Mica! Best of luck for tomorrow ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! the first day went better than expected! :)

      Delete
  2. You look nice and comfortable Mica, hope you're okay and have had a super weekend. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those printed tops are so cute. I like how you paired them with skirts. The ballerina flats are also a nice choice, I like both pairs. The Balenciaga bag is very chic as well. You look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that printed tank top! It's so perfect for summer! Thanks for sharing! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that fist tank so much - the ruffles really add some flair and it looks great on you! Thanks for the link up Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute tank top, love the print!! Hope you have a great week ahead x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outfits remind me the lovely summer days. Your top is so beautiful and you have paired it perfectly with this black skirt. You look so pretty Mica.
    Have a great day.
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The printed tops are so good with your pencil skirts. I hope your return to work went well and you and your family had a good Australia Day Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill - we enjoyed our long weekend and my return to work went well :)

      Delete
  9. Your tops are so cute, Mica! I love that doggy print! And the teal and red combination in your accessories on the first outfit is brilliant! Great outfits!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are two really cute tanks. I like the little ruffle details and how they look perfectly professional on a warm day. And they could be worn with shorts and jeans too. Great pieces to keep in your closet.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have worn them with jeans in the past, great for casual Friday! :)

      Delete
  11. Your outfits are so well put together. I hope your week is starting great.

    amakamedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always look so relaxed chic! Very nice style! Have a great start of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these outfits are so pretty! I love the dachshund print top!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look very stylish, Mica!
    Love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These two really look fun yet professional, a great pick to wear for the office.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really do love a little bit of matchy-matchy! And I especially love the color of that bag - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a vibrant shade - I love it! :)

      Delete
  17. That ruffle tank from that first look is so beautiful! I love that print and of course, your purse! Such a lovely colour.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh i love the first blouse, it looks so so pretty!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The tanks are both so pretty and look fabulous paired with the pencil skirt! Hope you're having a good week! I'm so ready to see the snow gone!! But it'll be a while...
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both blouses are so cute - I love the patterns! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do love simple looks you can just throw on! Black skirts are such a great workwear staple!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such cute looks for the office! I just love a good pencil skirt look and these are perfect for warm weather. Makes me realize I need to try these with my tanks when summer comes back around. The dog print top and spotted shoes are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration! :)

      Delete
  23. I'm enjoying seeing your warm-weather outfits. I miss the sunshine! I like the gathers on the first top, they are very flattering. Of course, the teal pop handbag is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the unique color of your bag :)
    -Vaishali
    http://www.vivaciouswish.com/2020/01/23/animal-print-effect/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have a great start of the week! I love the color of that bag, its such a pretty teal shade that I usually don't see!

    https://sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have so many lovely bags! Have you ever done a post on your whole collection before? I'd love to see it if you have xx

    Gemma • GemmaEtc.com ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes share videos of my collection - have a few on Youtube! :) I'll be sharing more of of it once I get my wardrobe room video up - had to film it over a few days so lots of editing, haha!

      Delete
  27. Loving your bag collection, these designs are so cool and colours just so beautiful! <3

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love those printed blouses, they are the best of both worlds, both chic and casual. My favourite look is the first outfit, as I love the pretty, frilly blouse. But then, what's not to love about a dachshund print top? Oh, OK, they are both equally lovely then ;-) Hope your week went off to a good start, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. So nice tops, Mica!
    Both look very stylish and pretty, perfect for a lot of combos!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm really loving both outfits. I love dong a bit of a match-matchy look sometimes. It's simple and creates a nice cohesive, polished look. The second look is very creative and fun with the pattern mixing. Thanks for sharing such pretty inspo!


    XO,
    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have always loved that particular Balenciaga bag...it’s such a cool classic!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled to get this one too, such good shape for a 2006 bag! :)

      Delete
  32. I so have to do this, I need to do a closet purge really soon. Both looks are great, perfect for hot weather and appropriate for the office.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really like both of these blouses, I'm glad they made the cut! They're both such lovely work-wear outfits too x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. That little dog print top is so cute, I love it! And the colors in that first outfit are so pretty all together. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The turquoise bag is such a cute addition to both of these outfits! I really like how it looks with the red flats, too! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your first outfit!! The blouse is so cute, and the color combo of your purse and shoes is super fun. I hope you had a great Monday!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have the same bag but in black. It's such a classic!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister has it in black too! It really is a classic! :)

      Delete
  38. This is a great skirt. You will have a lot of use from it. A few cute tops and you will have a lot of great looks. I love the bag.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's actually two different skirts but being black the differences don't show up so well! :(

      Delete
  39. Looking chic darling, here's to a wonderful week a head.


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your red flats, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love that the red pumps match the red polka dots on your blouse, such a cute look :)

    Sarah xo Oomph London

    ReplyDelete
  42. The dog print ruffle top is so cute! I'm glad you kept it. And you're right about the trusty pencil skirt in black, it makes everything look so put together and great for business meetings. Would love to see more of how you'd wear the bag as it's got such a pretty teal (?) color! Hope you are having a fab week there, Mica! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a turquoisey-teal - it's beautiful whatever shade it is! I've been wearing it a lot so you will see it a lot more often, haha!

      Delete
  43. Hello
    Both looks are perfect for the office !!
    I don't wear a lot of tank tops, but you look great !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love printed tanks like this because they easily dress up or go to the office, but you can also wear 'em with jeans or cutoffs!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've worn them both with jeans before too! :)

      Delete
  45. Both lovely outfits as always:) I love the tanks for sure, but man, everytime I see you and your Balenciagas, I'm like...."I WANT!!!" You're such a bad influence, Mica:D
    Anyhoo, hope you're having a lovely day/night:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such great bags though! I'll always have them in my collection I think! :)

      Delete
  46. Yay for the new closet. I'm hoping to do some build in to my closet soon.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see it when you're done! I need to put together a video to share mine! :)

      Delete
  47. Nice looks, loving the bag :-D

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love the print of your second top so much! It's super cute! Have a great week!

    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is a great combination Mica!! I love the red shoes with the first outfit...they are such a great statement.
    XXOO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  50. Such beautiful photos, love your outfit, you look gorgeous as always!
    http://www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  51. Such a classy outfit and pairing! Loving the red shoes with the first outfit too!

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love both of these looks but I think the second is my favorite because I like the way the bag stands out against all of the black and white. Those shoes are just the perfect ones to wear with that, too! And, again, I love how you color-coordinated one of the boys' balls to highlight the color of your bag :P Thank you so much for hosting these link-ups!

    Ruth
    https://voguefauxreal.com/2020/01/26

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love that first blouse - so pretty! Great work outfits, both of them. That bag is a lovely shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love the prints on both your blouses and the red flats are a perfect compliment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Both printed tanks look great with the black skirt! I really love the print and colors in the first blouse. Both are great outfits for work!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love the kimono, the print is really pretty and you can dress it up or down. It reminds me of one of those items that you end up over-wearing because it's convenient for most occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  57. What fun, whimsical print tops! Yet they are perfectly professional for the office, like you said. The Balenciaga bag adds a nice pop of color too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. thanks all for linking up, and your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...