Friday 7 February 2020

Colourful Outfits To Match Printed Kimonos

Even a glance at my blog or Instagram will tell you I love kimonos! With warm temperatures most of the year here in Brisbane they have become a wardrobe staple for me and are a great way to add a little more colour and interest to an outfit.

This time around I picked the kimonos I wanted to wear and created outfits based on the colours from the kimonos. It was a fun way to wear some of my recently purchased pieces!

What I wore:

Jeanswest Melanie floral kimono with Vickie turquoise tank and russet skinny jeans regan cross body bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody bag in burgundy | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue | Jeanswest mum style outfit melanie floral kimono vickie button tank harper russet skinny pant burgundy turquoise
JacketJeanswest Melanie floral kimono
Necklace: Lovisa blue leaf long necklace
TankJeanswest Vickie button back tank in enamel blue (new purchase)
JeansJeanswest Harper skinny pant in Russet (new purchase)
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody bag in burgundy

Why I wore it:

This is a very Jeanswest heavy outfit! The kimono, tank and jeans are all Jeanswest. As I explained with my post Christmas sale haul, my go-to store Jeanswest has gone into administration. Rather than spending all my Christmas gift cards through the year as usual, I spent all of them in one month in January, in case things change with the store possible closing, and they wouldn't be honoured later.

When I looked at what I'd bought I realised how well it all worked together, so I took the chance on that one day when we had slightly cooler temps with all the rain and it was under 30 degrees Celsius to wear my new jeans. Bit of a big day, with swimming lessons, almost being trapped in floodwaters, and a joint birthday party to attend. The humidity increased through the day too so I wasn't entirely happy with my choice to wear jeans instead of shorts, but I did love the outfit in the cooler morning! Even if the turquoise tank quickly creased like crazy!

My new jeans go so well with this burgundy Rebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody bag that my sister got me for Christmas, I just had to wear them together to continue the matchy-matchy with them both and the tank matching the tropical print on the kimono.


Last worn: tropical floral kimono, leaf necklace, Havaianas. First time I've worn the rust jeans and turquoise tank as they are recent purchases, and first time I've worn the Regan crossbody bag as it was a Christmas gift.

Other ways to weartropical floral kimono and olive shorts.


Rebecca Minkoff Reveal - Regan Cross Body










What I wore:

thrifted Supre black sheer floral kimono with matching purple and pink outfit rebecca minkoff mab mini bag | away from the blue

bracelet stack with Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | mum style purple tee and pastel pink shorts matching outfit to print in floral kimono
Jacketthrifted Supre black sheer floral kimono (new purchase)
NecklaceRoie Designs long freshwater pearl necklace with tassel
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in washed lilac
Shorts: thrifted pastel pink cotton shorts
ShoesNew Balance white and blue sneakers
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs black leather Swarovski beaded wrap bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

While this outfit copies the same formula as the outfit above, picking clothes and a bag to wear that match the floral print of the kimono, the outfit looks very different as this kimono has a different set of colours. Still just as easy to pull together as the first outfit though. I liked the pastel combination of the lilac tank with the blush shorts and this $1 sheer floral kimono from the opshop was a great buy!

I added the New Balance sneakers as we had a big day out planned and I knew my knee would need some extra support. (I injured it after Christmas and it's going to take months to heal). Took the kids into the city to visit the Water exhibition at GOMA. It was really interactive and they enjoyed it. The Riverbed installation was an actual river flowing through the gallery and a lot of rocks and gravel which was very difficult to walk on for me, definitely overdid it a bit!

It was a fun day out though, knee pain aside. After we'd been to the gallery we met hubby for lunch as he was working in the city.


Last worn: lilac tee, pearl tassel necklace, pink shorts, New Balance sneakers, purple Rebecca Minkoff MAB bag. First time I've worn the sheer floral kimono as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearlilac tee and maxi skirt, pink shorts and printed tank, purple Rebecca Minkoff MAB bag worn 30 ways

Perfect for pregnancylilac tee in second trimester, purple Rebecca Minkoff MAB bag in third trimester



Floral Kimonos Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

A fun floral kimono has so many possible outfits you can wear with it - shorts and a tee is a summer staple of course, but you can mix it up each time you wear it by picking clothes to wear that match the colours in the print. It creates a completely different outfit each time, even though you are following the same outfit formula and is so quick to pull together, very mum friendly!


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

57 comments:

  1. I absolutely love printed kimonos. Or plain kimonos. I just love kimonos. They're perfect for Summer! Love these outfits :) x

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in your first outfit are so pretty and vibrant, love it! That water exhibition looks very interesting and so well done. I bet your boys loved it. You wore the perfect stylish mom on the go outfit!
    Have a great weekend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellyann! It was a great exhibition!

      Delete
  3. I too love kimonos though sometimes it can be tricky to style them. I like how you styled yours, very nice color coordinated looks and those floral prints definitely add more interest to the both outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find picking colours out of the kimono, like these outfits is a great way to wear them :)

      Delete
  4. Those are cute outfits, I like that they have a lot of color to them. Take care of your knee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving both the color combos in these looks! That's why it's always such a good idea to stick to a closet of a few color palettes! So easy to just throw things on.
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! i need to be considerate of this when buying things!

      Delete
  6. Such really beautiful outfits, perfect for spring. You are looking gorgeous girl <3 Your makeup is also outstanding <3
    Have a great day.
    Kisses<3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good kimono! They're so easy to layer, and veratile too xo

    Makeup Muddle

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kimono looks so good on you.
    I really find a kimono so chic
    whether you wear it with shorts
    or jeans.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked your kimonos, so pretty! :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You wear color so well! Love the kimonos

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a great selection of kimonos. I feel I wear mine so much more in the Spring and some in the Summer. They just really add a lot to a tee and shorts. I love the brights you styled under them!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they are perfect that way in warmer weather! :)

      Delete
  12. Those colors match perfectly with that first kimono.
    I'm excited that Spring wear is out - they usually put them all out for bathing suit cover ups & I'll be snagging them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've certainly bought a lot of them this summer!

      Delete
  13. Hello Mica
    I am also a big fan of kimonos, I liked your idea of creating your outfit based on the colors of the kimonos, very original and fun!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh what a bargain for that gorgeous kimono! Happy weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love kimono jackets. A classic staple :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally loving the two printed kimonos:) I want your collection!:D And that Riverbed installation looks pretty awesome. That's a great photo:)
    Have an awesome weekend:) More snow and cold for us here....sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see why you love kimonos so much and you have such a marvelous collection. They're really such a fantastic way to cover up and add a touch of visual interest to any look! Happy weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! That kimono is absolutely dreamy! I have been wishing for warmer weather here in America and this floral print has me wishing even harder. That's always a bummer when a favorite store closes... Hopefully they stay open!

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you got inspiration from the kimonos. What a great way to put together these outfits Mica.
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am always so in love with the kimonos you feature! These are both absolutely stunning. That is such a bummer about your knee - I hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking at a lot of physio to heal it up unfortuantely!

      Delete
  21. I love how you elevated your outfits with the colorful kimono! I'm waiting for the weather to warm up again so I can rock them, hehe. I LOVE your RM plum bag!! it matches your second outfit so well!! Enjoy your weekend!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your first outfit is absolutely delightful, the russet jeans and blue tank are just perfect together, and then the longer length kimono on top makes it even better. I'm loving the purple vibes of your second outfit too, but the first one is my favourite! Hope you're having a lovely weekend, Mica. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving these floral kimonos. The spring vibes are getting me excited and looking forward to warmer weather. Adore your styling with the shorts and sneakers.

    Xx
    Nikki
    www.nikkilivinglife.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the way you put together such pretty outfits and you always look great. Love the kimonos. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Melanie floral kimono is cute! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are the queen of kimonos ;)
    I totally love your looks my dear.
    Great combination.

    take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  27. That first kimono goes perfectly with your pants! Sorry I have been a little missing from commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the idea of colourful outfits with kimonos. The first outfit with jeans and a kimono is so cool. The second outfit with shorts is wonderful too. That water interactive exhibition you took your boys too sounds great and looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful photos! I really like your stylish outfits!
    http://www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a brilliant idea to start with your kimono and then deciding on the rest of your outfit! And the finished looks are gorgeous! Also I love the sound of the Water exhibition, how fun!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  31. Kimonos are so convenient, I love them in Spring/Summer! x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your making me want to get some of the kimonos, only thing is I would have to buy them online and I would have to hope they aren't too long since I am short. :P I really love how you put all these colors together and how it matches so well. :)

    Love is Zero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm petite too! Luckily I haven't yet found a kimono that's too long for my short self!

      Delete
  33. Honestly, I couldn't even tell you which outfit I like best. Both are SO BEAUTIFUL. Your use of colour is perfection. Each item really compliments the kimono and makes those colours appear even more vibrant and exciting. You have knocked it out of the park. I LOVE your sense of style so much!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  34. your kimono collection is beyond beautiful!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a beautiful kimonos. I like pattern on both and how you style them. You look gorgeous.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/02/kiehls-calendula-herbal-extract-toner_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. Of course I love your second outfit with all of the purple! :) And I live in sneakers because of paranoia over a past foot injury, so I feel your pain! Yay for athleisure being a thing, haha! Even though I prefer your second look because, purple, I really love the rust/burgundy colors in the first outfit! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's good it's trending right now so I don't get so many strange looks, but over here I can't help realising how many dads and granddads are wearing similar shoes to me, haha!

      Delete
  37. The pastel combo of the last outfit is so pretty. I hope your knee heals quickly! xo Sarah | Oomph London

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh I love that purple bag and nice style :-D

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm not happy either with what happened to Jeanswest as it's one of my favourite clothing retailer. Surely, you nailed it on how to style kimonos. I also tend to colour-coordinate it with the rest of my outfit. Been pouring here in Sydney, how is it over there in your area?

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has been very wet here too in Brisbane, but the rain is so welcome! I'm hoping Jeanswest doesn't close, I do shop there often!

      Delete
  40. Those kimono's are really gorgeous.. you have styled them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  41. You have the best Kimono's Mica!!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!


    xoxo
    Lovely Amusan
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. That stink your favorite clothing store might be closing down.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hey cutie pie!! You have inspired me to order a new kimono. Love the color combination in your first look. Unexpected - that burgundy or maroon with that bright blue but I love it so much!!

    And my PC would me all in favor of the second outfit. That darling purple bag? So cute. Perfect with the shorts.

    You are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you, hope you love your new kimono!

      Delete
  44. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. How generous of your sister Mica ! What a lovely bag, i adore the color.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...