Wednesday 30 March 2016

Balenciaga Tempete Day Bag, Jeanswest Maternity Denim Shorts and Singlets

While baby has arrived, I've got a few more pregnancy outfits scheduled to share on the blog, as I enjoy the newborn cuddles and try to avoid going out too often as we adjust to life with two under 2!


Two casual denim shorts outfits with my Balenciaga tempete day bag. Hard to believe it's almost 7 years old! This is why I like to splurge on accessories. They last a long time and unlike clothes, always fit - even during pregnancy.

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Summer Shorts Third Trimester Maternity Tank outfit printed kimono Bal day bag

AwayFromTheBlue | Balenciaga pearly grey wrap bracelet Balenciaga tempete day bag
JacketSomedays Lovin' Yakuza print kimono (on sale!)
Necklace: Lovisa silver love knitted heart pendant necklace
SingletJeanswest maternity tank in sea glass
ShortsJeanswest Georgie maternity boyfriend shorts (available in non-maternity also)
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus turquoise and silver beaded bracelet set, Balenciaga classic double tour bracelet in pearly grey
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

When I was trying to think of different outfit combinations with my limited third trimester capsule wardrobe, I was having a look back through past blog photos and was surprised I hadn't worn this tank and kimono together before! I really like the pairing, glad I gave it a go.

Wore this for a day out in Brisbane with my mum and toddler T, we went to the baby and toddler expo and got a lot of great things. In the evening, we had dinner at the in-laws. I'd usually change and try get a little dressed up for dinner, but felt happy and comfortable in this so just wore the same thing in the evening.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, Somedays Lovin' kimono, green maternity tank, boyfriend denim shorts, HavaianasBalenciaga tempte day bag.

Other ways to wear: printed kimono and a maxi skirt, green maternity tank with gold accessories, boyfriend denim shorts and a novelty pregnancy teeBalenciaga tempte day bag and a blue dress.



Where to buy Balenciaga Day bags:








What I wore:

Away From Blue | monochrome blue outfit summer denim shorts maternity tank jeanswest

Away From The Blue | Silver turquoise bracelet stack Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete
TankJeanswest Sol Maternity jacquard tank (non-maternity version)
ShortsJeanswest maternity rolled up shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus silver and turquoise bangle set
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

This is an outfit combination I've worn before, the singlet and shorts together. Different accessories this time though, to try change it up just a little. It was another hot and humid day - despite it being autumn Brisbane hasn't turned down the summer temperatures yet! Just wanted something simple and easy for taking toddler T to playgroup.

Really liked the monochrome look of this outfit with the blue Balenciaga bag and the blue singlet and shorts.


Last worn: printed maternity singlet, maternity bermuda denim shorts, Havaianas (above), Balenciaga temptete day bag (above).

Other ways to wear: blue printed singlet and a red bag, bermuda denim shorts and a striped tank, blue Balenciaga day bag with pink and purple.






Linking up with What I Wore, Fresh Fashion, Oh Hey Girl, Style Perspectives, Fashion Files, A Labour of Life, Fun Fashion, Weekend Wear.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

48 comments:

  1. I love your kimono! So pretty!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, congrats on the arrival of your newest family member. Two under two is intense but they will grow to be super friends. Secondly, WOW! I did not look like this in my third trimester. I remember feeling exhausted with my wardrobe and wearing a lot of oversized t-shirts from my husbands closet. You look adorable and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think having a capsule wardrobe helped with getting dressed everyday! :) Sadly none of hubby's shirts would fit me anyway, ha!
      They will definitely be the best of friends I'm sure :)

      Delete
  3. I just love the color of that bag! And it's so true, bags (and sometimes shoes) are always a great investment because of their longevity!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Although I'm bag mad so of course I'd say that ;)

      Delete
  4. Love the blue Balenciaga, it goes wonderful with the shorts and kimono. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the babe! I love the blues in these outfits, I need to wear more blues

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are rocking some amazing arm candy in these outfits! Wow! Also, I say wear to dinner whatever you're comfortable in. Especially if it's this cute!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Comfort is the most important thing!

      Delete
  7. you have the cutest kimono tops! love the balenciaga!

    cute & little
    kileen

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bag was definitely a good splurge! It's going strong for 9 years! Also, congrats on the baby! You two look beautiful in your insta pic :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so lovely! Loving your outfits
    xoxo

    Lots of love from: http://www.myinfinitystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your bag so much, it's gorgeous and I love the colour xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for you hun, and I hope you're doing well and staying strong. <3 <3 Both outfits are fab as always, and can I just say I absolutely love those gorgeous little bracelets! :) x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great in denim and I am loving your blue bag.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear I'm so glad to know that your baby has arrived and that everything is okay, I'm truly happy for you and your lovely family.
    Your pegnancy style has been impeccable, especially taking into account that your third trimester was in the middle of summertime. Quite a challenge! But you always nailed it to perfection.
    My best wishes to you and your family in this new chapter of your lives.

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, congratulations!!!! Such wonderful news! What an adorable little baby, Mica! Glad to see you both are doing well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute outfit - love your kimono! Thanks for linking up with Style Perspectives today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your second baby! And as for the outfits, I am so surprised that the Balenciaga bag still looks so nice at 9 years old. Like, wow. And also, as always, loooove that kimono and the floral print! :)

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you've made all your outfits look fresh even though you're using a lot of the same pieces--pregnancy sure forces you to be a good remixer. I think you've totally nailed it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely made me think harder about how few clothes I really need....

      Delete
  18. OMG a massive congratulations! Enjoy those newborn cuddles!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your outfit!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those shades of blue in your second look! Great summer outfits...make me long for warmer temps over here.
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. great post

    new post
    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mica I applaud you for being so creative during your pregnancy. You looked radiantly amazing the whole time and I'm sure your outfits inspired many other women who needed ideas on how to stay cool and look great during pregnancy. Congratulations on your new arrival.

    Hugs
    KaSonndra
    http://livewellbefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that bag! Have a beautiful day!

    xx Leah / www.eatpraywearlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on baby! And congrats on another amazing pregnancy wardrobe and style. I love that aqua tank on you.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really loving that kimono in your first look... I can't believe your pregnancy style over the last several months... you rocked it girl!!

    Congrats on your new baby!! Enjoy those newborn cuddles with your sweet bundle!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Latest Post: Patchwork Print Romper

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two under 2! Ah! I can't imagine! Unfortunately Penelope figured out how to climb out of her crib this week.... soooo the weekend will be training her to toddler bed sleep. I love the light blue bag. It screams spring! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good luck with that! We are wondering when to transition toddler T as a few times he's attempted to climb out. But dealing with a newborn is not the best time, ha!

      Delete
  27. Phew, 2 under 2, I take my hat off to you! I particularly love your first outfit, that kimono is so pretty and really sets off the colour of your tank. You're so right about investing in accessories, except I don't trust my taste just yet so I'm waiting until I find a sense of style somewhere (still looking...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have great taste! Always worth waiting and saving up for that one piece you're really sure of though :)

      Delete
  28. You are so cute in aqua, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  29. First, congratulations on welcoming the newest addition to your family! It's been such a pleasure seeing your fashion journey while pregnant and I look forward to your posts in the futures. That said, I love the way you've styled your Balanciaga bag with these two lovely outfits, Mica! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you're having a wonderful week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations! I hope you and the newborn are doing good :)
    I love your casual yet chic outfits, you look gorgeous in both of these outfits.

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we are doing really well! :)

      Delete
  31. Congratulations! It’s good you have a few more outfits scheduled so you can have some time off with your new one. Love the Yakuza kimono. Perfect for the weather we’re having now - though I think it’s probably a bit hotter where you are haha.

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still so hot here in Brisbane! Aircon is still needed! So much for autumn, haha!

      Delete
  32. Congratulations on the new addition to your family! I love the color of that bag! Both of these looks are so cute!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats Mica! I hope you are doing well.. I love this bright top & cardi in the first outfit..Looking good..

    www.luv4beautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats dear!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  35. Looks like you and toddler T have done lots of fun things together before his baby brother arrived. I saw photos on Instagram. Your baby is beautiful and precious, Mica. I love the first outfit. Yes, the turquoise tank pairs so well with that floral kimono. =)

    I would love for you to enter this outfit and any latest looks on my new linkup, currently live. Thank you and Happy April!

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2016/03/thursday-moda-5-and-colorful-striped.html



    Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you all for your kind comments and congratulations on our baby boy's arrival :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...