Monday 10 February 2020

Weekday Wear Link Up: Turquoise Tanks With Purple Balenciaga Work Bag and Grey Pencil Skirts

Two incredibly similar outfits to share for today's Weekday Wear Link up! I love a good outfit formula and it's nice to follow the same basic structure for an outfit but change a few details. This time around I stuck with exactly the same formula instead of changing things up - turquoise tanks, grey skirts and my purple Balenciaga work bag. While I did pick different shoes and necklaces, the resulting outfits this time around are very similar, and I loved them both.

What I wore:

Jeanswest Vickie button back tank in enamel blue with Atmos&Here jersey pencil skirt purple Balenciaga work bag | awayfromblue 

Balenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | jeanswest vickie turquoise tank with grey jersey pencil skirt summer office outfit purple balenciaga work bag
Necklace: silver ball multi chain long necklace
TankJeanswest Vickie button back tank in enamel blue
SkirtAtmos&Here grey marle jersey pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
Bracelets: the usual plus purple Salvatore Ferragamo 'Vara' leather bow bracelet
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

Another wearing of this new Jeanswest turquoise tank. I've worn it with jeans before for a kid's party but it works so well dressed up for the office with a pencil skirt. I picked this tank to wear as it's a longer tunic length, and I needed the extra length (and butt coverage!) for when I swapped my pencil skirt for leggings for my physio session. (After injuring my knee after Christmas I'm looking at regular physio sessions for a long time).

The viscose fabric of this tank creases like crazy, and it didn't look so good after a day of sitting at my desk, but I did like how it dressed up the jersey pencil skirt a little, especially as it was too hot to wear a blazer with this so I just wore a cardigan on top around the office.

I went matchy-matchy again with the accessories, silver shoes and silver necklace which matched the grey pencil skirt nicely, as well as the silver hardware on the purple Balenciaga work bag.


Last worn: turquoise tank, silver multi strand necklace, grey jersey pencil skirt, silver ballet flats, Balenciaga purple work bag

Other ways to wearturquoise tank with jeansgrey jersey pencil skirt worn two ways, silver ballet flats and jeans, Balenciaga purple work bag and tee dress

Perfect for pregnancy: grey jersey pencil skirt in third trimester, silver ballet flats in second trimester.


30 Ways To Wear: Balenciaga Purple Work











What I wore:

turquoise tank and pencil skirt outfit accessorised with big purple bag | away from the blue

Balenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag worn on arm | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | purple Balenciaga work bag turquoise tank grey pencil skirt
Necklace: old black multi strand ball necklace
TankJeanswest Maya gather back tank in mid turquoise
SkirtAsos tailored tab front pencil skirt in grey
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

Since I liked the outfit above so much, I repeated it again with a different turquoise tank. This time around the grey pencil skirt was a more formal material and the tank was more casual. I did consider a blazer for this but it wasn't a meeting heavy day so knew the cardigan at my desk would be fine.

Matchy-matchy with the accessories again, with the black Walnut Melbourne ballet flats and another multi chain necklace, a black one this time. This is an oldie I found when setting up my new wardrobe, but it really annoyed me when I wore it this time so it's been donated. Kept wearing the purple Balenciaga work bag as it looks so good with turquoise.


Last worn: turquoise tank, grey pencil skirt, black ballet flats, Balenciaga purple work bag (above)

Other ways to wearturquoise tank and shorts, grey pencil skirt and cardigan, black ballet flats and midi dress, Balenciaga purple work bag and wrap dress.

Perfect for pregnancygrey pencil skirt in second trimester, black ballet flats in third trimester.



Turquoise Tanks Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

Turquoise and purple is a fun and colourful combo. You can balance out the bright pairing with neutral pieces like these grey pencil skirts, and you can tone it down more by adding a neutral cardigan or blazer on top.






Weekday Wear Linkup #57


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!




Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Linking up with Monday Runway, Turning Heads, Glam Adventure, Confident Twosday, Style Six.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

66 comments:

  1. I love turquoise as a color, but it just doesn´t suit me. I look washed out when I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame - lucky there are so many other shades of blue! :)

      Delete
  2. You look very good. I like colour of your top :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pretty colors of these tanks! Perfect summer uniform for the summer you are in Mica. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The turquoise color is so pretty on you! I love both of these combos!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bag is so cool, I always love the bags you have, ha. I hope you have a brilliant new week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mica, I adore your purple bag! And it looks really great against the turquoise top. What a great color on you, too...this turquoise! And you are rocking the pencil skirt perfectly!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely colour top Mica - looks cool on you. Thanks for hosting. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the contrast in color between the purse and the tank. The turquoise color is sorely missing in my closet and I miss it! I will be adding some near summer. Great color on you!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised I don't have more of it in my wardrobe! It's a fun colour :)

      Delete
  9. Turquoise is so pretty on you and I love the purple bag with it! YOu wear these pencil skirts so well! Thanks for the link up Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the turquoise on you and it's just perfect with the gray skirt! And I'm really surprised at how good the purple bag works with the turquoise top. And such a little change as the jewelry and shoes gives enough of a different look that you can get away with wearing it the next week without feeling like you're rotating the same outfit through all the time. Thank you so much for hosting the linkup!

    Ruth
    https://voguefauxreal.com/2020/02/06

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to wear purple and turquoise more often! :)

      Delete
  11. The colours look great together hun.


    xoxo
    Lovely Amusan
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This look so cool bag and fits so much. Lovely outfit as always x

    Laura
    https://www.beautywithlala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love turquoise and therefore your outfits are so my taste! It is incredible who wonderful you look in this colour and both looks are again a proof that your outfit formulas work absolutely well.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look soooo great in turquoise:) And I love the pairing with the purple Balenciaga.
    Wishing you a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice color! I always love it in jewelry! Have a good week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such lovely pencil skirt outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your purple bag and how stunning it looks with the bright teal of your tops! Even though your outfits are very similar, they're still different enough to be uniquely interesting and I love that. Have a great Monday!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both outfits are so pretty! This turquoise looks great on you! Especially loving it with the darker gray skirt!
    Hope you're having a good week, Mica. And thank you for hosting the linkup!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. That turquoise shade is so pretty on you! I don't think I have anything similar in my closet but that needs to change! I love the purple paired with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This Turquoise top looks fantastic on you, Mica, and the necklace you chose goes well with it. Happy Monday gorgeous.

    https://www.ninakobi.com/2020/02/white-puffer-jacket-and-black-combat.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do love that shade of purple! And gray, turquoise and purple is such a great color combo!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. That shade of blue is such a pretty colour, perfect match for your beautiful bag <3

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  23. love that balenciaga bag! and wow you did a good job styling it in 30 ways!

    www.stylefrontier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really so versatile and easy to wear! :)

      Delete
  24. Love the pretty blue on you and the mix with your b bag!
    Have a great day!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. These two outfits might be somewhat similar, but the first one is definitely my favourite. I love how the soft grey jersey skirt interacts with that flash of turquoise provided by your tank! Turquoise is a lovely colour on you! Hope your week is off to a good start, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your turquoise blouse, You are looking so cute in this beautiful blouse and skirt. I admire your bag as well.
    Happy Monday beautiful.
    Love <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree--a perfect tank top is a great uniform start. The turquoise and purple are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love how you added the pop of purple to these outfit. I hope you have a great week. I'm still in the middle of doing my closet clean out. Which I'm hoping I can finish up tonight with it.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've always thought that bright colors suited you so well! That first tank really brightens up the entire outfit!

    https://sundydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Turquoise looks so pretty
    Vaishali
    http://www.vivaciouswish.com/2020/02/06/valentine-day-lookbook/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Funny, I don't wear tank tops, I don't even think I have one!! But I admit it is a great item for hot days !! You look beautiful in both looks !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've heard that turquoise goes with everything, and you are really showcasing that Mica.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  33. The turquoise top and pencil skirt formula sure works fine. I really like both of these outfits. The turquoise tank looks great with both of these skirts. You look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a gorgeous colour, suits you really nicely Mica. The grey and turquoise combo is a match made in heaven. Have a great week, we were absolutely swamped by the rain and wind over the weekend and still don't have hot water nor Foxtel in our building

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope you got everything fixed, the wild weather was so bad!

      Delete
  35. This turquoise colour suits you so much! also love your balenciaga bag in purple!! So different and lush!

    Georgia Rose
    xx

    http://www.justgeorgiarose.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. You look amazing in turquoise, Mica! Such a great colour on you. I like the first one more (you know I like my dressier clothes!), but all that creasing would have driven me crazy. Lovely looks, and doesn't that purple bag look fetching with them!

    Have a wonderful week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I can see why you did the repeat turquoise + purple color combo--those are so pretty together! Both of these looks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Turquoise is one of my favorite colors! Love the top. It pairs especially well with the gray too. Wish pencil skirts looked as good on me as they do on you!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Both looks are so pretty on you. Turquoise is always my got-to for summer!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love that light grey pencil skirt!! These looks are getting me really excited for Spring :')

    brineandbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Turquoise really is your colour and lovely with the grey and purple. Many thanks for hosting, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love how you paired the dark purple bag with that bright pop of turquoise!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are both ideal outfits for wearing to work; you've nailed that type of styling, Mica! The pencil skirts in particular look super flattering. I hope you're having a lovely week so far :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  44. this turquoise colour fits you :) have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I never would have paired purple and turquoise together but they look so good- such a pretty outfit.
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
  46. It must be fun being able to wear such comfy, colorful clothes to work. I've only ever had to wear uniforms haha. I much prefer you outfits! xo

    Makeup Muddle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work in a business causal office so we have a lot of outfit options which is nice!

      Delete
  47. I love the turquoise top, Mica! I didn't know turquoise looked so well with purple

    ReplyDelete
  48. Ugh, I hate when shirts get all creased up! The pop of color is really beautiful with the grey, though! How are you doing with the physio? I had to do it a few years ago, and I actually miss it! (I am probably the only one ever, haha!) I guess because it forced me to go to the gym (hello, endorphins!), and I had exercises geared around my physical weaknesses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found a good physio, which makes a difference, but I'm still a bit annoyed I'll have to be doing this for a long time....i really hurt myself!

      Delete
  49. That turquoise shade is so beautiful on you! It really brings out your eyes and I love it paired with the grey and purple bag. Great styling!

    XO,
    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hiiiii! Sorry I've been MIA. This new schedule of mine is kicking my bootie. That being said, I hope you're doing well. As for the outfits...I love the turquoise color and the pencil skirt looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Turquoise really suits you. I love how to styled these outfits. So cute :)
    Madeline at CappuccinoandFashion

    ReplyDelete
  52. That's such a sweet look on you dear. Turquoise looks really cute on you!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thanks all for your kind comments, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  54. The turquoise color is just beautiful. It looks really great with your bag. Thank you for sharing your look with My Red Carpet.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...