Wednesday 6 February 2019

Frill Sleeve Tees, Printed Shorts and Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag

Wearing some of the wonderful pieces I got for Christmas, but as always sticking with the simple outfit formulas I love. Some frill sleeve statement tees, printed shorts and my new Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag that I got for Christmas.

What I wore:

navy printed culottes, pink frill sleeve tee mab camera bag hair scarf in bow | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond with navy printed culottes | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | pink frill sleeve tee navy printed culottes and hair scarf with mab camera bag gold sandals
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl Navy and Gold hair scarf (c/o)
Necklace: gifted Kmart blue multi-colour beaded necklace
Tee: gifted Jeanswest Ruby frill sleeve tee in fuchsia
Shorts: Kmart culotte short in navy lemon print
ShoesNovo Tawny rose gold sandals
Bag: gifted Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond

Why I wore it:

As well as the new tee and bag, these shorts were a new purchase. I tried to resist the January sales, but the Kmart clearance was too tempting and I scored these $15 shorts for $5. Since my other pair of blue printed shorts reached 30 wears, I knew these would become a firm favourite in my wardrobe. The print I thought was wattle but the tag says lemon. I decided to pair this bright pink tee with them due to the pastel pink in the print. With all of the colour and the printed colourful headband as well I added the neutral gold sandals and almond Rebecca Minkoff camera bag to balance it all out.

I wasn't too sure if the headband was too much with this outfit, given the bright colours, statement sleeves and tie on the shorts, but I think it worked nicely together in the end, and helped disguise a bad hair day a little bit!

The shorts were perfect for a first wear, and a practical choice for running around with the boys at a playground in the morning.


Last wornnavy headscarf, rose gold sandals. First time I've worn the pink tee, blue necklace and camera bag as they are Christmas gifts, and first time I've worn the shorts as they are a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearnavy headscarf on a bag, rose gold sandals and maxi dress.




Christmas Present Reveal: Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag









What I wore:

navy tee and black printed shorts summer style Jeanswest with tan camera bag | away from blue

black printed shorts, Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram | sahm playground outfit summer style  Jeanswest Ruby frill sleeve Ric Rac detailed tee in deep iris and parker printed shorts
Necklace: blush pink and gold beaded tassel necklace
TeeJeanswest Ruby frill sleeve Ric Rac detailed tee in deep iris
ShortsJeanswest Parker printed shirred short
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond

Why I wore it:

Since I liked the first outfit so much, I repeated the same outfit formula again later for a busy day. Park with the boys in the morning, seeing hubby off to the airport on a work trip, then dinner and watching Church Online at my friend's house in the evening. It was a hot and humid day, so shorts and a tee seemed like a good option. We didn't stay at the park for too long before heading back to the aircon!

First time I wore this navy statement sleeve tee I paired it with the pastel pink tassel necklace. I really liked the combination, so wanted to try it again. The tassel also worked nicely with the tassel tie on the printed shorts.

Navy and black is a combination I've worn together a few times before - I used to be unsure of it until I bought a dress years ago (before the blog) that featured both colours, and figured if it was good enough for the dress is was good enough for me to try with separates! The neutrals work nicely together. Added in another neutral accessory to the combination with the almond Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag.


Last worn: navy frill sleeve tee, pink tassel necklace, black printed shorts, Havaianas, MAB camera bag (above).

Other ways to wearnavy frill sleeve tee and pink shorts, pink tassel necklace and matching shorts, black printed shorts with stripes.


Frill Sleeve Tees Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

Shorts and tee is a summer staple! It's easy to add a little more interest to your outfit with a fun pair of printed shorts, but why not go for an extra detail on your tee too? These frill sleeve tees let you take part in the statement sleeve trend without getting in the way and getting caught in doors or dirty as you make food and snacks for the kids! Really mum friendly.


Linking up with Thursday Moda, Fancy Friday, Fabulous Friday, Weekend Wear, Trendy Thursday, Weekend Linkup.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

61 comments:

  1. Blue and pink are so great together, I love the bright pink tee and Mica - what a deal on your shorts! You seriously have the best collection of bags!
    xo,
    Kellyann
    www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellyann! I do love my bags, and I really like blue and pink together! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous, you have such a great bag collection!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute, summery outfits! I love both pairs of your comfy printed shorts!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this kind of pink, so pretty and sweet. This bag looks like Chloe very classic. I'm still waiting for the rain to come for my plants. Happy almost weekend!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a camera bag will always be a classic! Hope you got some rain :)

      Delete
  5. Loving the print of your new shorts, so cute!! It's always so fun wearing new pieces, you get to feel all fresh and exciting, haha!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are the kinds of shorts that I love...they almost look like a skirt and are easy to move in.
    The fringe necklace is so pretty Mica!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another well-working outfit formula I see! The printed shorts with the sleeve tees work really well together and I definitely love both of your looks. How good you bought the shorts of your first look, they are really beautiful.
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are super cute, Mica:) Man....your Kmart stuff is definitely not the same as what's in the US! I think you mentioned before it's more like Target, right? And the headband definitely worked:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our Target is completely different from yours too!

      Delete
  9. I love the pop of pink in the first look! Have a lovely week x

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fab is that camera bag! I really must do something about my boring black Gore-Tex one. You wear shorts so well, Mica! My favourite is your first outfit, with the pink tee and beaded necklace. I love how you've done up your hair with the scarf tied in. That's really cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That camera bag is so cool! I really like shape and color!

    Blog - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/search/label/en
    YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkXsgpj6yYs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both outfits look so cute! Love the handbag x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love that blouse on you in the first look! The color is gorgeous.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I completely adore your hot pink and blue outfit, Mica! You are like a tropical flower! Your hair looks lovely in the scarf/headband.

    Happy week to you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! It was so fun for such a hot day!

      Delete
  15. Printed shorts are such good options for warmer weather, especially in this style of loose-fitting material! You're looking lovely and summery, Mica :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love your first outfit, Mica! That top is so pretty and such a gorgeous colour! The print on your shorts really does look like wattle! ;) Your headscarf looks so pretty! Hope you're having a great week, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a cute scarf, I should wear it like this more often :)

      Delete
  17. A shorts and tee combination really is a classic. I love the fun extra detail the frills on the sleeves provide. It's such a nice touch.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a classic summer outfit combo :)

      Delete
  18. I adore your picks as always! The pink top is super cute and it really looks good on you - a burst of colour is all we all need in our lives.

    Have a great rest-of-week :)
    Amy x Wandering Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bag, looks very cute. :)♡

    xx
    Lisa | Lisa Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Firstly, I am so jealous you have tee shirt weather :) Blue and pink is such a beautiful color combo and I am glad you went with the head band. Your accessories are on point. Enjoy the rest of your week beautiful lady.

    Xx
    Nikki
    www.nikkilivinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an awesome find on the printed short. Love how you paired them with the fun bright top.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love both of these looks. Its great that those shorts give you so much wear Mica. They look super comfy. As always love the bag!

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your style! Your looks are so versatile and all amazing

    ReplyDelete
  24. How fun is that little camera bag?? I love both of these looks too. The color of that tee in your first look is gorgeous and I love the scarf in your hair. I love that tassel necklace in your second look too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So much cuteness:) I especially love those cute shorts from K-mart...I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting summer here!

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  26. That skirt is gorgeous! I love the print and the frills, so pretty, Mica!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  27. how cute is that mini almond bag! I really like its design, so chic and unique. Both outfits you paired with this bag are very pretty. Printed shorts are always a good pairing with cute tops, and those frilled sleeves are lovely. A detail like that is always nice. You look lovely dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cute bag, and goes with so much! :)

      Delete
  28. Cute outfits Mica, nice! :)
    Have a great week!
    New post - www.minniearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those shorts in the first outfit were a great purchase and such a deal! I absolutely love them with the bright pink top! It's such a beautiful outfit for a warm day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such gorgeous colors, and of course loving that bag <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your shorts! They're great to wear during the heat and big plus that it's a bit loose. I am kind of over tight shorts. I love your second outfit. The colors go well together. Navy clothes are easy to pair. Thanks for sharing!!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes loose and floaty is great in the heat! :)

      Delete
  32. Love the beaded necklace! Have a lovely Day.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your shorts are so cute and yes, very practical for a mom with young kids. Your accessories work well with this look too. Love me a great neutral bag.

    Xo,
    www.stylemefancy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, shorts are such practical mum style :)

      Delete
  34. I love both your swingy pairs of shorts, those are always a favorite to wear, comfort of shorts but the look of a skirt!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  35. That little bag is great! I hadn't seen one in that style yet and I love it! And your shorts are both wonderful finds - they look great on you and I love the T-shirts you chose to pair them with!

    Ruth
    www.voguefauxreal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great go with anything style!

      Delete
  36. I love all the fun colors in the first outfit! The headband is a really cute accessory and goes great with the look. And both pairs of shorts look perfect for the warm summer weather!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  37. I was going to say, I didn't remember seeing that MAB camera bag before! It's GORGEOUS! And a great color too!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great looks. Love the pop of pink in your first outfit. I can not wait until it is warm enough for shorts again :)

    Thanks for sharing last week with us at The Weekend Blog Hop #Weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ugh, I'm so jealous to see you in shorts. It's so cold here! I woke up to -18 degree Fahrenheit temperatures this morning. You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks all for your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love your style very pretty, simple and elegant. Pink is so pretty on you my dear. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. That skirt! Oh, I just realized they are shorts. Hehe. Such a pretty floral pattern.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...