Wednesday 18 March 2020

Striped Tanks and Colourful Skinny Jeans With Rebecca Minkoff small Chevron Quilted Love Crossbody Bag

This is basically the autumn version of these outfits! I'm wearing these two striped tanks again, instead of maxi skirts this time I'm pairing them with colourful skinny jeans and a little bright Rebecca Minkoff small chevron quilted Love crossbody bag for a pop of colour.

You'll notice the shoes and bag are the same in both outfits - I wore these a couple days apart when I needed something simple and easy to wear without too much thinking, turns out when you are distracted by other things you end up repeating the basics multiple times!

What I wore:

burgundy skinny jeans with black and white striped tank and rebecca minkoff orange love crossbody bag | awayfromblue

burgundy jeans with orange bag Rebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | black striped tank burgundy skinny jeans rebecca minkoff peach love crossbody bag
Necklace:  thrifted pearl and heart charm long necklace
TankAtmos & Here Oregon stripe tank
Pants: Jeanswest Harper skinny pant in Russet
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
BagRebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral

Why I wore it:

I had a rare luxury of a kid-free day off last week! I'd been in a training course most of the week for work which meant changing my work days around to suit the course, leaving me with my normal work day free and child care arrangements already in place. I was in a bit of pain with my knee so decided to change my plans a little and instead of a day at home I headed out for a luxurious relaxation massage. I wasn't sure about being out but figured it might be my last indulgence for a while so I took the opportunity.

I've been going to the physio regularly for my knee since I injured it late last year, but a relaxation massage is a lot gentler than the effective but not always pleasant techniques at the physio! Had a productive afternoon filming some more videos for my YouTube channel afterwards too.

With these burgundy jeans I thought the little peach Rebecca Minkoff chevron quilted love bag would be a great choice, and I just needed my wallet, phone and keys as I headed out. I really liked the orange and red together!


Last worn: black striped tank, heart charm necklace, burgundy skinny jeans, camel ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff chevron small love bag.

Other ways to wearblack striped tank and maxi skirt, burgundy skinny jeans with turquoise tank, camel ballet flats and a-line skirt, Rebecca Minkoff chevron small love bag and kimono.

Perfect for pregnancycamel ballet flats in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Small Chevron Quilted Love Bag










What I wore:

navy white striped tank with olive skinny jeans autumn mum style | away from blue

olive jeans and orange bag Rebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral | away from the blue


Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
TankJeanswest 'Josie' striped back strap tank
Jeans: Jeanswest Vicki skinny pant in moss green
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
BagRebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral

Why I wore it:

Again, sticking with simple things! Another striped tank and pair of colourful jeans! I even wore the same shoes, although I did change the necklace this time. Wanted to be comfortable for the school run and it was a slightly cooler morning so I thought jeans would be a good choice again. The little peach Rebecca Minkoff love bag is something I've worn with these olive jeans before, I really like the green and orange combination! I carried the baby bag too for our water bottles.

Was a bit of a strange day when I wore this - after dropping my eldest off at school the youngest and I went out to the grocery store, we needed some more fruit and bread, nothing big. It was strange seeing some of the empty shelves and then while walking around my phone started blowing up with calls and texts with the news of the first of the office closures as a result of the COVID-19 virus. Which I'd been thinking would have been happening soon.

For the immediate time being, we are going to be putting social distancing in place - so we sat out on all our usual activities over the weekend, I think like many people across Australia. What that means for us this weekend and in the weeks to come I don't know. I also don't know how much I'll be in the office and how much I'll be working from home as it seems to change day to day!


If I'm not going out I'm not getting dressed into something other than lounge wear so I don't know what will happen blog-wise (at the moment I'll still have to do the school run at least) but there are bigger things in the world to focus on. I do have a couple more posts scheduled before I run out of outfit pics. The difficulty of sharing pics of what I actually wear I guess! I'll try keep this blog as light and fashion focused as I can - we all need a break and a bit of frivolity now and then.


Last worn: white and navy striped tank, beaded necklaceolive skinny jeans, camel ballet flats (above), Rebecca Minkoff chevron quilted love bag (above).

Other ways to wearstriped tank and pencil skirt, olive skinny jeans and leather jacket, camel ballet flats and black tights, Rebecca Minkoff chevron quilted love bag with leopard tee.

Perfect for pregnancystriped tank at 37 weeks, camel ballet flats in second trimester.



Striped Tanks Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A striped tank is a great basic - especially when worn with another wardrobe staple, skinny jeans! For something a little different you can break away from the blue jeans rut with a colourful pair of denim instead.



Linking up with Red Carpet Style, Chic and Stylish, Feel Good Friday, Fancy Friday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

54 comments:

  1. Nice bag! I really like it:)
    HAPPY WEDNESDAY
    xoxo
    https://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute tank top Mica, loving your bag too!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so eerie out there right now, isn't it? I shut my office down yesterday so am officially working from home now and trying to leave the house as infrequently as I can. But, setting that aside and focusing on the lighter things, I really love your red pants in the first images - such a great, bold colour!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are adjusting well to working from home! It is strange not going into the office each week!

      Delete
  4. Colored jeans are fun to wear in the spring!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such days are really precious, I know what you mean! And your simple but cool looks are perfect for such days! Hopefully you are all well!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm glad I got the opportunity, now everything non essential has closed down in Australia!

      Delete
  6. Loving both colors of those jeans! The deep burgundy is so lovely!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a great bag and I can totally understand why you would reach for it a lot! The colour is fabulous and the size is perfection. You look stylish, as always!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. It would be so cute in red! Such a nice bag :)

      Delete
  9. I adore those pants, Mica! These outfits are so pretty on you.

    I hope your week is off to a great start! I live in Ohio and I can't believe the empty shelves either. It is still hard to find toilet paper and paper towels here.

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really hard here for a while but the shelves are getting a bit less bare now which is good!

      Delete
  10. Love the both outfits! Cool, comfy and stylish at the same time!
    Stay safe and healthy!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute outfits as usual for you Mica. We are practicing the social distance here too. Be well and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful bag!! :)

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are super cute outfits! I hope you and your family are staying healthy and well right now. It's crazy by us at the moment in the sense that everything is shutdown - schools, restaurants, bars, etc. It's all for the best though, and hopefully it clears soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our schools are closed now too (except for children of essential workers) and thankfully we can still get takeaway food. it's a strange world to be living in, it all changed so quickly!

      Delete
  14. These are great outfits Mica. Even though we've been hanging out at home, we've been getting dressed. Just in case we go out for a walk or need to help out the neighbors!! Besides it makes me feel better.
    Stay healthy!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    Www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My knee injury means I need to be very careful not to go out on too many walks, haha! So it's been a lot of pyjamas and loungewear here!

      Delete
  15. I LOVE the orange bag with both of these outfits, Mica, especially against that dark red. Yes, yes, yes!

    In these times, people really need and want distraction. Please keep blogging, even if you don't think you have anything worth sharing or exciting. It's a bit of normality in an insane world.

    Please stay safe and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I'm going to try keep up with blogging as much as I can :)

      Delete
  16. The color of the bag is fantastic! Love it, very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it amazing how fast things changed!? I agree about needing fun, distraction, and normalcy--I don't know either exactly what I'll be sharing in the coming weeks/months but I'm going to try to keep blogging too. I love both of these looks--I can never have enough stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it all seemed to change so quickly here!

      Delete
  18. I really like this tank top-with-skinny jeans, Mica:) Hey! If it works, right?:) And I do hope your knee feels a lot better soon. XOXO
    PS This covid19 thing has really gotten soooooo insane! That is great you are working from home. I don't prepare outfit posts and usually take them the day before posting, so I'm at a loss right now....but so true what you said. We have bigger things to think about. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are staying safe too Emmy! Now we are isolating at home I'm trying to get dressed some times - for my weekly grocery shop, and sometimes walking the dogs, but most of the time I'm at home and in pyjamas so I'm not sure how long I'll keep blogging for. Should be able to maintain this a while though, longer if I can get dressed properly more, haha!

      Delete
  19. That pumpkiny color is so pretty. I always think of it for fall but I like seeing it in other seasons. It is one of my favorite colors!! Wish I could employ you to shop for the perfect inexpensive all-purpose bag for spring/summer. I can't afford a lot of different choices. What color would you recommend and what shape and material...leather, fabric, straw? Thank you for any help.
    I have been away from home caring for my mom and unable to blog write or read. Hoping to get back to it this weekend. Would love to have you join me for a spring bucket list post!! We all need creative entertainment ideas right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Entertainment ideas are good, with the kids home full time and no school I'm trying to think of creative things for them to do independently while I try to work from home!

      I think you can never go wrong with a good leather bag! worth the investement!

      Delete
  20. Both are fabulous outfits! I hope you stay safe.

    www.infinitelyposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I particularly love the first outfit with the burgundy jeans, and the peach bag is a lovely pop of colour indeed. I'm not going to give up on blogging, that's for sure. It's currently the one thing which offers the best distraction. I'm currently still going out to work - in as safe a way as possible - but even if I'm reduced to working from home, I'll still be dressing up. You can be comfortable and stylish at the same time, surely! Do stay safe, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping as things settle into a routine I'll have more time and energy to expend on getting dressed, but at the moment comfort and ease win so it's loungewear and pyjamas most of the time, haha!

      Delete
  22. Love the colorful pants! We have been doing digital learning since Tuesday and it has gone pretty well. We go outside a lot. I have been grocery shopping but that is it. still getting dressed because it puts me in a better mood but I sometimes do get in pjs pretty early.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only leave for grocery shopping now too, or to walk the dogs. We start online learning with the school next week, the past 3 weeks I've been trying to teach the kids myself while working too. it has not gone well, haha!

      Delete
  23. I always love your bags. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  24. We are about a week in to 'social distancing' and it's ok so far. We are still fine tuning the routine and trying to be flexible! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it will take time to settle into a routine, especially with little ones! :)

      Delete
  25. I love this look! Stripes are always so easy to wear - I love them <3 Also love that orange purse :)

    I hope you are keeping well!
    lots of love,
    Susie
    findyourownhope.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this outfit combination. A tank and skinny jeans are what I usually live in hehehe. I'm also loving the pairing with your RM bag. That forever is one of my favorite bags, still so sad I originally sold mine. Hope you and the family are staying safe. I do grocery merchandising for work and seeing so many bare shelves never ceases to amaze me. No matter how many different stores I have to visit in a day, it's so apocalyptic.

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good you are able to get out to work, hope you can stay safe! :)

      Delete
  27. I am loving that orange bag, lady! SUCH a cute piece and the perfect size!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your bag Mica such vibrant colour that looks fab with your outfit.


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. A relaxation massage sounds perfect in these trying times! I think we all need the "break" from coronavirus mania that our favorite blogs provide. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will try keep this blog going just for that!

      Delete
  30. Oh love that bag - colour and style are both perfect. Jacqui Thank you for joining the #chicandstylish #LINKUP

    ReplyDelete
  31. The striped tank and colorful jeans are a great outfit formula! I love how the coral purse looks with both pairs of jeans.

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the coral bag, such a great summery piece and it's transitioning into fall with the burgundy.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wham! That orange bag makes me want to go out and buy an identical one. I LOVE IT.
    Specially with the red, such amazing contrast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun bag! I love it too :)

      Delete
  34. Thanks all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...