Monday 23 September 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup: Textured Jackets, Grey Tees, Pencil Skirts and Rebecca Minkoff Edie Crossbody Bag

Taking advantage of the warmer spring weather in Brisbane and just wearing some light layers to the office. I wore two of my textured jackets with basic grey tees and black pencil skirts and added some colourful scarves for a brighter Weekday Wear Linkup! Even the backdrops are colourful, I stopped by the Brisbane Arcade Spring flower show to get some pretty Instagram pics!

What I wore:

business causal grey tee pencil skirt outfit boucle blazer striped scarf magenta bag | awayfromblue

boucle blazer with Rebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta and striped scarf | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | boucle blazer grey tee pencil skirt striped scarf and magenta edie bag spring business casual brisbane arcade flower show
Earrings: Ana Luisa 'Olivia' tassel earrings in pink
JacketJeanswest Dixie collarless jacket
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl zesty stripe tassel scarf in pink (recent purchase)
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in grey marl
SkirtJeanswest black ponte pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta

Why I wore it:

I couldn't resist wearing all the pink accessories! This magenta Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag really pops against a plain grey tee and black pencil skirt outfit, and I continued the pink theme on with the tassel earrings and the striped scarf. I like how the earrings matched the tassels on the scarf, and the magenta stripes compliment the magenta Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag nicely.

With all the colour and the classic tweed textured jacket, I felt this outfit was dressed up enough for a quiet day at work with few face-to-face meetings. Sometimes I have more virtual meetings than face-to-face ones, especially with the new project I'm on.


Last worn: tweed blazer, blush tassel earrings, grey v-neck tee, black pencil skirt, Walnut Melbourne Ava ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag. First time I've shared the scarf on the blog as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to weartweed blazer and jeans, grey v-neck tee and shorts, black pencil skirt and blue blouse, Walnut Melbourne Ava ballet flats and wrap dress, Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancytweed blazer in third trimester, grey v-neck tee in second trimester, black pencil skirt in second trimester, Walnut Melbourne Ava ballet flats in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Edie Crossbody







What I wore:

striped scarf and jacquard jacket with grey tee and black pencil skirt print mix business casual | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta with black and grey work outfit | away from the blue

Brisbane Arcade spring flower show awayfromblue instagram jacquard jacket grey tee striped scarf business casual outfit
JacketJeanswest Cassandra jacquard jacket
Scarf: Target Selena lightweight woven scarf in summer stripe
Tee: thrifted Cotton on grey tunic tee
SkirtJeanswest zip detail ponte pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta

Why I wore it:

Another textured jacket - this jacquard one has a metallic thread running though it so it feels a little more 'dressy' option and worked perfectly to make the slouchy and comfy grey tunic and pencil skirt outfit more suitable for a day in the office.

The threading on the jacket looks like stripes, and since I'd had fun lately wearing striped scarves with striped maxi skirts, I thought I'd give the striped scarf and striped jacket combination a try. I really liked this outfit, even if the jacket was a little bit too warm to wear during the day when my friend and I went out for a walk at lunchtime to admire the spring blooms at the Brisbane Arcade. Just like the first outfit, I liked all the pink in this outfit too, even if the scarf and bag are different shades of pink.


Last worn: jacquard jacket, striped scarf, black pencil skirt, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff small Edie bag (above). First time I've shared the tunic on the blog as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearjacquard jacket and dress, striped scarf and jeans, black pencil skirt worn over a dress, silver ballet flats and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff small Edie bag and sundress.

Perfect for pregnancyjacquard jacket in third trimester, black pencil skirt in first trimester, silver ballet flats in third trimester.



Textured Jackets Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A classic grey tee is a wardrobe staple for stay at home mum life, but can be dressed up for the office if you have a casual environment. A fun striped scarf can hide the casual nature of the tee, especially when paired with a formal textured jacket.



Weekday Wear Linkup #37


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails



Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Oh Hey Girl, Style On The Daily, Fashion Frenzy, Style Six, Fashion Files, Thursday Moda, Chic and Stylish.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

58 comments:

  1. I like the pink details in these two outfits! Great ways to accessorize to warmer weather :)

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your bag!
    HAPPY WEEK
    xoxo
    https://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top jacket and skirt is gorgeous, I like that a lot. I hope you have a fantastic new week lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely bag Mica, this is my sort of colour too. Jacqui MUmmabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both tweed jackets are lovely and I adore the pops of colors in each look! Thanks for the link up.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your textured jackets! The pops of pink are perfect for both of these outfits!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfits for Spring Mica. The colour of your bag is perfect. The Spring floral displays look wonderful. Many thanks for hosting, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were beautiful and smelt so good too! it's a shame flowers don't last long, I liked admiring it! :)

      Delete
  8. I love a textured jacket and have a few I hope to be able to wear soon. Love the colorful backdrops - looks like spring is on its way to you!!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great weekday looks! The bag is gorgeous and love that color!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the pink accessories look so great on you! And you sure know how to rock a pencil skirt! Great outfits!

    Shelbee www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute bag! That looks perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pops of pink are so fun, and I really love the jaquard jacket!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these textured jackets are great! Perfect for the office. And I LOVE the color of your Edie bag. It reminds me of one of my favorite nail polish colors! Hope your week is off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of your scarves!! I know I say the same thing every time you wear one, lol!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I do have a big collection of scarves!

      Delete
  15. I really enjoy a plain shirt with a chic jacket layered on top, and grey is such a great alternative to white and black.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty, I liked your outfit :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how that bright bag really pops against the darker outfits Mica!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both of those textured jackets, and that's a great shape on you as well. I'm always tempted to try jackets like that, but sadly they don't suit me. My favourite outfit of the two is the first one, with all the pink accessories. The perfect colour to celebrate Spring! Have a lovely week, Mica. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woww Mica you look so fancy in both looks and the bag is so cute!!
    You look like a real lady!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look great.. especially love the pop of pink in the first outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love all the shades of pink you're using to accessorize - they don't need to match to make a really stunning combination!

    Happy week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! It's a fun colour to accessorise with!

      Delete
  22. (thanks for the comment!)
    The bag is beautiful! And the color is perfect!
    Kiss!
    In Beautyland

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both are such great jackets:) And love the pairing of the pink bag with the grey jacket for sure.
    Hope you're having a lovely start to the week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like both of your outfits, Mica. Although you are dressed for the office, they have softness around them and you look very pretty in both of them. Adding pink colour was a great choice, it really suits you
    Have a great week
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. That first outfit is definitely one I would wear to work and I adore that purse of yours - such a pretty color! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love both of those striped scarves, especially the one with the stripes and tassels! I really need to get my scarves out, it's been a while since I've worn one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just love the pop of color you've incorporated with these looks! Thanks again for the linkup too!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oohh that black outfit with the pink scarf! What a fun pop of color there, especially with the ombre colors, and striping. Pinned that for inspiration.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are lovely in pink! I can't resist a good pink accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That scarf is just gorgeous! I love the pink going on especially since you're just getting into spring!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love that you still have your foster pup around—he's very photogenic! Love your bright pops of pink as well!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep they will be with us for a while longer!

      Delete
  32. What a beautiful flowers behind you! And such a gorgeous bag! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. what an amazing post dear,
    xoxo, Buba

    https://bubasworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that you've been adding pink to your outfits! Definitely gives it a Spring vibe!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Now that's a cute scarf! Can't go wrong with the pink and black combo!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both of these outfits are so cute! I am always amazed by your scarves and handbags - they're all so beautiful. I really love the jackets featured in here too. Love that your foster pup likes to be in the photos too! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is such a cutie :) And thanks, I really love my accessories!

      Delete
  37. Very elegant and pretty work outfits. I really like the pink accents in the first one. It is lovely how your earrings match the tassels on your pink scarf. The jacket and skirt combo is very chic and your bag is wonderful....The second outfit is also lovely. I like the pink and the purple shades in that scarf. Another pretty styling...you always have such pretty scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love how you spice up your looks with the scarves and accessories!

    District of Chic

    ReplyDelete
  39. Two super cute work looks! That pink scarf is so pretty and is perfection with your bag! I hope you are having a good week! There is starting to be a slight chill in the mornings which is a nice relief after so many hot days!

    ReplyDelete
  40. You sure know how to rock a pencil skirt. I hope you are having a great week so far.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the way you styled these outfits! I love the pops of pink! Thanks for sharing! I hope you're having a great week! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great styling, I could not join the link up.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/09/how-many-wristwatches-should-you-own.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love that berry colored purse Mica.I rarely get to wear more jackets. I have a few in my collection and those are mostly I wear when out on vacation to some cooler destination. Your textured jacket looks fab.:-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the second outfit. This jacket looks so cute and goes so well with everything x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a cute little bag and beautiful scarf and jacket. Thanks for joining our linkup.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love these workwear outfits! The textured jackets look great with the scarves. And I love the flowers too!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  47. Cute looks dear. Loving the pop of color from the pink scarf.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I really like pink and grey together! :) How exciting for your daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thanks all for your kind comments, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...