Monday 4 September 2023

Black Tanks, Printed Skirts and Blazers | Weekday Wear Link Up

For today's Weekday Wear Link up, sharing two times I wore a midi skirt and black tank outfit formula with blazers over the top for the office.


What I wore:


Chloe small Ethel bag in light khaki


JacketJeanswest grey jersey blazer
Necklace: thrifted chartreuse necklace (new purchase)
Tank: Kmart linen blend textured black tank
Skirt: thrifted Ghanda midi slink skirt in green mini blossom
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
Bracelets: the usual
BagChloe small Ethel bag in light khaki


Why I wore it:

Last time I wore this green daisy print midi skirt to the office I worried the side slit was a bit too high. I saw the skirt hanging in my wardrobe and felt it was due another wear, and when I tried it on I wondered why I felt it was too high for the office, the length seems to cancel out the slightly higher slit. I quickly realised when I got to the office though, that the slit does expose quite a bit of leg when you sit down, and that was my main issue with it last time I wore it. Ended up tugging at the skirt all day, not the best choice of outfit. I did really like how this looked, just made me a bit self conscious in the office when anyone stopped by my desk.

With the neutral black tank and the grey blazer, the neon chartreuse necklace added needed pop of colour, and the light khaki small Chloe Ethel bag added some more lightness to the outfit too.


Last worn: grey jersey blazer, black linen blend tank, green print midi skirt, black ballet flats, Chloe small Ethel bag. First time I've worn the chartreuse necklace as it's a recent opshop buy.

Other ways to weargrey jersey blazer and dress, black linen blend tank and leopard print, green print midi skirt and band tee, black ballet flats and jeans, Chloe small Ethel bag and maxi skirt.






What I wore:


Chloe small Ethel bag in light khaki



Jacketthrifted Zara black blazer
Necklace: thrifted pastel pink and wooden hexagon bead necklace
Top: lace bib black swing tank from mum's wardrobe
SkirtCotton On 'Mica' mesh spot skirt in dusty pink
Shoes:  Converse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagChloe small Ethel bag in light khaki


Why I wore it:

Since I liked the outfit formula above (in theory, although not so much in practice!) I copied it again for another office day. I wore my comfortable Converse sneakers this time instead of the ballet flats, and again it was another midi skirt and a black tank outfit. I liked the lace detail of this tank with the mesh polka dot layer of the midi skirt, it was a nice texture combination, and it lifted the outfit a little with all the black of the black blazer and tank together. 

This skirt is an old favourite that I saw in a magazine back in the days I used to read magazines and had to buy it - it is the Mica skirt after all! Surprisingly I haven't hit 30 wears on it yet, I'll need to wear it more often! I liked the blush necklace with it, although the skirt is more of a peachy pink I thought the shades worked nicely together with the black tank in between.


Last worn: black jersey blazer, black lace tank, statement necklace, polka dot pencil skirt, Converse, Chloe small Ethel bag (above).

Other ways to wearblack jersey blazer and floral dress, black lace tank with red, polka dot pencil skirt and berry top, Converse and shorts, Chloe small Ethel bag and striped dress.

Perfect for pregnancyblack jersey blazer in third trimesterConverse in second trimester.




Weekday Wear Linkup #236


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

14 comments:

  1. Love both of these blazer looks! The color of that tan bag is so chic and looks great with these looks. Thanks for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that second skirt! And I love wearing tanks with my skirts. Easy comfy styling!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great tried and true formula for two sharp office looks, Mica! I love your fun polka dot midi skirt and the the bold gold hardware on your Chloe bag is a standout. Hope you enjoy your week, and thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps you could wear leggings underneath the skirt with the slit. It might make it a more cold weather skirt, but you might not feel so self-conscious in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first skirt looks incredible, but it would definitely be frustrating to have to pull at it throughout the day. But it's a piece you can wear outside of the office as well! And I just love that polka dot skirt also. So so gorgeous!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny how the sitting can be so different than the standing with slits. I've been known to safety pin or magnet it shut in those instances.
    So pretty Mica,
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the last outfit. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blazers and skirts for the office, but I hear you on the uncomfortable tugging of a skirt with a thigh slit. Definitely something you don't want to have to worry about with everything else going on at work! These are both really pretty looks!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look lovely in both of these looks, Mica! I remember feeling self-conscious about something and then found out no one but me had noticed! We are our own worst critics, right? Have a wonderful week!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Los dos outfits son muy bonitos, me encanto la falda de puntos, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mica! I really like both outfits but your green skirt is really speaking to me. I love the color and the cute print! I can see how the high slit would make it uncomfortable for work though. Could you partially sew the slit closed to make it more wearable for you?

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your bag with both of these outfits! It's such a versatile purse. Both of these looks are work ready! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both great outfits, Mica! The second one is my favourite, as any skirt that exposes too much leg when sitting doesn't last long in my closet. I love the blazer looks here - perfect for the office. Thank you so much for the link-party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Same about the green skirt - it really is beautiful! But I liked seeing the same formula done a different way.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...