Monday 14 August 2023

Pink and Blazers For The Office | Weekday Wear Link Up

My office wear posts will start to become a regular fixture now I'm increasing the number of days I'm in the office! Still trying a few different outfit formulas for work, it's a strange mix at the moment in terms of what people are wearing. I feel I have even more flexibility than I did with the already very casual business casual dress code before 2020! Adding a blazer to these outfits made them feel perfect for a day at my desk.


What I wore:




JacketJeanswest grey jersey blazer
NecklaceTiffany diamonds by the yard necklace
Dress: thrifted no label pastel floral print babydoll dress
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in tan
Bracelets: the usual
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

I could not resist this $1 dress on the rack at the opshop - such a cute pastel pink and peach floral print! It doesn't have a brand label so not sure where it was made, but it is a beautiful light viscose and I know it will get a lot of wear, especially in the warmer months. I made it more suitable for a winter office commute with a slip underneath, fleece-lined tights, tall boots and as it was a warmer morning, just a blazer over the top. I felt it helped make this casual baby doll floral dress more office ready.

Buttoning it all the way up and tying the neck tie helped make the dress look a little less casual too.


Last worn: grey blazer, Tiffany necklace, tan leather boots, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag. First time I've worn the dress as it was a recent purchase.

Other ways to weargrey blazer and jeanstan leather boots worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag and leopard print.





What I wore:




Jacket: thrifted Valleygirl navy jersey blazer
Necklace: thrifted flat navy statement bead necklace
TeeCle The Label Charlotte tee in ombre rose (new purchase)
SkirtWarehouse navy jacquard pencil skirt
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
Bracelets: the usual
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

Another newly purchased pink piece worn to the office! It was a good first wearing of this tee, it's very comfortable. I thought that with the navy background on this jacquard pencil skirt that the navy blazer was the perfect match, although with the black fleece lined tights and black ankle boots, with the dark navy Cupid bag as well it made for a really dull outfit. The pink ombre tee brightened it up nicely, especially after I added to the matchy-matchy neutrals of this outfit with the navy beaded necklace too.

Pencil skirts used to be such a staple of my office style, but I haven't really been wearing them too much lately. I think they might get more wear when spring weather arrives, but I've already been looking at the pencil skirts in my wardrobe and considering downsizing.


Last worn: navy blazer, navy flat beaded necklace, jacquard pencil skirt, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag (above). First time I've worn the ombre tee as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearnavy blazer and dress, jacquard pencil skirt with greenankle boots worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyankle boots in second trimester.



Weekday Wear Linkup #233


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

19 comments:

  1. I don't blame you picking up this pretty dress for $1! The print and colors are lovely. Love the navy and pink look as well. Thanks for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't beat $1! It is so cute! Love adding blazers to dress up looks.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this dress and, especially, its price. What a great find! The both outfits look professional and not boring, which I really like. And pink is one of those colors that looks good with any other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Workwear has changed so much! In my last job it was very casual. A few years ago it was all about suits and padded shoulders. Adding a jacket, a lovely bag and a necklace gives you such a polished look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your new pink/peach items look great with the neutral outfits you put together! Even better, they seem like they will work for you year-round depending on styling, which is terrific for getting value for your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That thrifted babydoll dress is absolutely fabulous, and the grey jersey blazer is just perfect with it. Without contest, this is my favourite outfit of the two! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is really pretty and I love the layered look. Have a super week, bet you’re looking forward to Spring arriving now xx Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is why I love blazers so much, even though I'm retired. That dress was such a steal.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you like being back in the office more? I find it interesting how people who could easily work at home are made to come back. Although, I know some people are glad to be out again. Cute outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you excited about the increase? I am looking forward to more office style from you. I love a good blazer and am loving what's coming in for fall 2023, with the cinched waist blazers making somewhat of a comeback and also the gold button details. One can never have too many blazers, especially in the chillier seasons. Love the dress and how it add some color and cheer!

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome find. That dress is beautiful.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that floral dress! It's so beautiful and cheerful, and the neutrals are a great pair so it can be the star of the show.

    Wishing the best in this transition. Looking forward to more office wear ideas.

    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both outfits are perfect for work and can easily worn in different seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your two new pink thrifted pieces are great finds! Love the dress under the gray blazer for the office, gray is such a perfect year round neutral. And the pink ombre top really lightens up a winter look. Hope you enjoy your week, and thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Dress, the Colors are pretty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely dress. Pretty blazer :)

    https://www.chicnpink.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. If pencil skirts don't work for you anymore, then it's time to find an alternative - and it looks like you've found it, in Jammy Dresses, like that lovely one in the first outfit, Mica. Blazers are totally magical - they make any outfit instantly look cooler and more profesh.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The floral dress is beautiful, and I love how you've styled it with tights and boots. It's funny how much life has changed in the last few years, right?

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...