Monday 4 November 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup! Blue Printed Dresses and Balenciaga Bags In The Office

For today's Weekday Wear Linkup, I'm sharing two blue printed dresses I wore to the office recently with some silver giant hardware Balenciaga bags.


What I wore:

grey jersey blazer with Shein navy flower print flowy swing dress  for spring office outfit Balenciaga part time | awayfromblue

Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH with navy floral dress | awayfromblue


awayfromblue Instagram | Shein navy flower print flowy dress with jersey blazer black accessories balenciaga part time bag
JacketJeanswest grey jersey blazer
Necklace: thrifted black and grey floral crystal statement necklace (new purchase)
DressShein navy flower print flowy dress (c/o)
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

This floral swing dress is such a great piece to wear on a hot day, but this is the first time I've worn it to the office. With the longer 3/4 lengths sleeves and the long knee length hem, I think it's a good option for a business casual office like mine. The swing style makes it a little more casual so I added a blazer on top to make it a bit more professional. Kept the accessories simple too with the black ballet flats and the black Balenciaga part time bag.

The floral crystal necklace is one I picked up in my opshop haul as a possible accessory to wear to a glitter themed fashion show. I ended up wearing a thrifted glitter tank instead and so have just being waiting for an opportunity to wear this necklace. Delicate crystals seem a bit over the top for the playground and pointy edges aren't the best around the boys. The office was the perfect place to wear it and it goes with the floral print on the dress nicely I thought.


Last worn: grey jersey blazer, floral swing dress, black ballet flats, Balenciaga part time bag. First time I've worn the necklace as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to weargrey jersey blazer and pencil skirtfloral swing dress and denim jacket, black ballet flats and maxi skirt, Balenciaga part time bag worn 30 ways

Perfect for pregnancyblack ballet flats in third trimester, Balenciaga part time bag in second trimester


My Balenciaga Handbag Collection:







What I wore:

french connection blue Paisley print sheath dress with purple balenciaga work bag | away from blue

Balenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag with paisley print dress | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | spring office outfit paisley print sheath dress purple bag balenciaga work
Necklace: thrifted statement gunmetal hardware necklace
DressFrench Connection blue Paisley print dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

Unlike the swing dress above, this paisley print sheath dress is a frequently seen piece in the office. It's a go-to for me and a wardrobe oldie.See the first time I shared it on the blog back in 2012!

I'd actually planned another outfit to wear on this day, but the heatwave temperatures made me change my mind and so I wore this simple sheath dress instead.  It was a foggy start to the morning as you can see behind me, but warmed up to a super hot spring day. Accessorised with another thrifted necklace, this big gunmetal one was another option I bought at the opshop for the event I didn't end up using, but it also looks great worn to the office.

The purple Balenciaga work bag is often worn with this dress, I like blue and purple together!


Last worn: paisley print sheath dress, statement silver necklace, silver ballet flats, Balenciaga purple work bag.

Other ways to wearpaisley print sheath dress with pink, silver ballet flats and jeans, Balenciaga purple work bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancypaisley print sheath dress in second trimester, silver ballet flats in third trimester.


Blue Printed Dresses Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A printed dress is a great option when you're feeling uninspired and you can wear one in your favourite colour for a bit of a boost. Blue is my favourite colour! If you're worried your dress is a little too casual for the office, just add a blazer.




Weekday Wear Linkup #43


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!




Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Linking up with Trend Spin, Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Style Six, Fashion Frenzy, Style On the Daily.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

86 comments:

  1. I really like the print and style of both dresses, Mica! They are both so pretty and look great accessorised with those two fabulous necklaces! What great finds they were! Hope you had a great weekend and have a wonderful week ahead, Mica! :) XXX p.s. Thanks for the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute dresses! I would like to wear them as well. You look lovely!

    Have a great week!
    xxxxx Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both outfits look beautiful. Those Balenciaga bags look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jealouse of your heatwave temoeratures! Send some over! Lovely dresses Mica! Have a great start of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been such a warm spring here, I'm a little nervous about summer!

      Delete
  5. Good choice, love a bag to get everything in! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such awesome style & taste you've got!


    Cheers,
    Diana
    <a href="http://www.ferbena.com/2019-spring-trend-purple-outfits-fashion-girl-approved.html>2019 Spring Trend: Purple Outfits That Fashion Girl–Approved</a>

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like both your dresses Mica. The sleeveless paisley print would be so good to wear on a hot day. As usual you have the best bags. Many thanks for hosting Mica, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That purple bag is gorgeous, love the design of it, you look super. Have a great week ahead x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The both dresses are fabulous!
    Happy Monday.

    www.infinitelyposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of these dresses! That statement necklace with the second one is so chic and cool. Thanks for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mica, I love both dresses! What fun prints. I am a huge fan of paisleys so that second dress really caught my attention! Have a great week!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That blazer looks great on you! Really accents the outfit nicely.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2012? That dress really held up well. Do you have a piece on how to care for your clothing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find French Connection stuff to be really good quality! :) Not that I've bought there in a few years though! I line dry and try to avoid ironing, I don't know if that makes a difference?

      Delete
  14. Your shein dress looks gorgeous, and I love it dressed up with the blazer and statement necklace.
    https://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mica
    thanks for the invitation to your wear link up I love to participate!!
    About your outfits, I love the second look more, I guess the dress is more beautiful. And your necklaces are great!!
    xoox

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving both of these dresses! I always enjoy seeing you wearing pieces you've had in your closet for years. Makes me feel like I'm not alone when so many other bloggers just post "new new new!" and I'm over here with my 6 or 10 year old shirt, ha ha. (with some new stuff too, of course)
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, nothing wrong with an old favourite! :)

      Delete
  17. Thanks for your sharing 😊 Lovely blazer!!


    ❤ Mary María Style ❤

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute looks dear. The first outfit is definitely my fave. Love the details of your dress.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both are such cute dresses! Especially love the first one paired with the blazer. Thank you so much for hosting the linkup! Hope you have a good week! Luckily our snow has melted again and I am hoping for a sunny November, even if it's cold!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both dresses, Mica:) Blue is such a great colour on you! And please send us some of that heat wave:D
    Hope you're having a lovely Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both dresses are beautiful but the cut on the second one is especially flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like both of these dresses especially the second one. The color and design of this dress is amazing. You look so pretty even in both looks.
    Have a happy Monday <3
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the Balenciaga in the raisin purple, such a deep and pretty colour!

    Anika | chaptersofmay.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice dress!!
    Greetings.


    NUEVO POST!!! NEW POST IN MY FASHION BLOG!! 💃🎶🎵: http://www.adrianosle.com/2019/11/mtv-ema-2019-sevilla.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both of these printed dresses are so pretty on you! I love the first outfit with the blazer layered over it!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both looks are great for the office, I like casual and floral touches and the second dress fits you like a glove. I have a very similar bag to this but in nylon and it is quilted. Fun bag and I am about to break it out for as it is November!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect weather for Nylon as you get a lot of snow! :)

      Delete
  27. The dark color of the first dress helps give it a little office seriousness, too. Good for you if a dress still even fits well after that long with potential body changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very accommodating for a sheath dress! :)

      Delete
  28. Both outfits are totally gorgeous! And I cannot get over the lovely details on the purse. It really adds that extra special feeling!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the floral print on that navy dress!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Everything looks great, nice clothes and accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So classy, I love both your dresses!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such lovely dresses, Mica!
    Both look so good on you, and very chic!
    Seems impossible it is from 2012!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. As you know, I love a printed dress, and this time it's impossible for me to choose a favourite. I'm loving the first, border print one, but I'm a sucker for Paisley and I think that second dress looks very cute on you! Wishing you a great week, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. The both dresses are beautiful.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. That first dress is really pretty: I love how you added that statement necklace.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both great look.. especially love that first dress.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very cute dresses.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really like how you style bag with dress. They perfectly match. Also colour of second bag is so beautiful.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/11/by-terry-gloss-terrybly-shine-cupcake_4.html

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is such great office style! I particularly like the silver-tone statement necklace with the blazer - such a stylish combination :) I love embellishments like this added to otherwise 'serious' outfits! Have a lovely week babe!!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  40. This washed out blue suits you perfectly.
    I love the 2nd look so much.
    The dress is so amazing.

    take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  41. The print in the first look is amazing, although I like both outfits and seems like nice version of office style. Have a lovely week Mica!
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the dresses Mica, especially with the statement necklaces!!
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  43. You look amazing in both of these dresses, Mica! Hooray for jammy dresses! Have an awesome week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi sweet one! Great looks you are sharing here. Both dresses are lovely but my fave is the second one. The squared neckline is different, and it shows off your darling figure so well. Love that thrifted necklace, too. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  45. You're particularly lovely in the paisley sheath dress! I also like blue and purple together.

    ReplyDelete
  46. You always look so cute and put together! Love both dresses!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the both dresses and outfits but second is my favorite! You look so lovely in that paisley dress!
    Have a wonderful day!:)

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  48. That floral dress looks so pretty on you. I like how you paired it with a blazer and a black bag. The parsley print dress looks amazing on you as well. Both of these outfits are simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Dear Mica, both of your dresses are wonderful and the first one is really a gem! I think a grey blazer is very versatile - I own also two blazer in this colour and wear them often with dresses :)
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes grey is a great neutral, especially with blue!

      Delete
  50. I love how you dressed up that swing dress for the office--it looks so great with that blazer. And I love the colors in the second look--the purple and blue look so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A blazer is the best for making things work for the office! :)

      Delete
  51. Great post, Thanks for sharing,
    I'm following you! X.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I m so insprired by your bag and scarf collection
    https://www.stylebasket.in/.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love both of your outfits. The navy flowery dress is so pretty, a lovely dress to wear to the office! Hope you're having a lovely week!

    Chloe xx
    www.chloechats.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I have that same navy swing dress and enjoyed seeing it styled for the office. You are giving me great ideas! I positively love the paisley sheath dress and wish I had it, too. :) Have a wonderful week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration! You look so good in the dress too! :)

      Delete
  55. Both of these dress are beautiful. Got to love a good closet staple. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love the statement necklaces you wore with both outfits! Both of these are really cute work outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love both of these printed dresses! They look beautiful and perfect to wear for work. My favorite is the paisley print one. I hope you have a great week Mica!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  58. You look so pretty in both of your outfits and I love the bag. Hope you are enjoying the week. Thanks for the lovely visit to my blog. We have fall weather here. Lucky you that you have warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Your first outfit, I super loved it! If I'm an office girl I'd probably wear the same outfit as you do! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    Blog: www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Those dresses are soo cute! I need me some cute ones like that haha. I haven't seen much of Balenciaga bags, but now I see they are super cute!! Thanks for sharing Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Both dresses are so great! Love that you added that pretty blazer too. It changes the look completely!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  62. That swing dress is adorable. I love a good swing dress as it goes well from season to season, and throwing a blazer or cardigan over it is super easy. What pretty floral detail. Blue is your color.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love the patterns on both of your dresses—glad the weather is warming up for you!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  64. The two of your printed dresses are so beautiful, Mica, and look good with those bags.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Both variants are great- both are so elegant but in the lovely, warm style.
    I like so much your dress dear xx

    best regards
    Karo

    ReplyDelete
  66. I love both of those dresses and I can see why you wear the second one so much - it looks beautiful on you! And that purple bag is just the perfect accessory. What a great OP shop find with both of those necklaces - I love them but especially the second one! Thanks so much for hosting the weekly links!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I've been getting really lucky in opshops recently! :)

      Delete
  67. Dresses are so girly and comfortable. Both your dresses are so pretty. I love the colors and pattern on both the dresses. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love both of these outfits! The printed dresses work so well with the statement necklaces and bags.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  69. I admire your love for wearing statement necklaces. These are so elaborate and could they be heavy? I can't even commit to a delicate piece of necklace, hahah! I've not worn neck adornments since forever and all the necklaces I have are gathering dusts. I always like seeing people accessorizing with their necklaces but can never wear even one! I'll give it a try for a few hours, maybe. LOL. You look gorgeous in both outfits :D I am a fan of the paisley one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not heavy at all! the second one looks like it would be so heavy but it's super light, I think it's plastic rather than metal!

      Delete
  70. Most people in the office wear jeans through the week here too, I just like to dress up a little and make the most of my office wear that wouldn't get worn otherwise, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Thanks all for the kind comments, and those of you who linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  72. I love the paisley print French Connection dress ! It fits so very well.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...