Monday 7 August 2023

Adding Colour To Black and White Jeans Outfits In Winter | Weekday Wear Link Up

Sharing two black and white outfits I wore recently for today's Weekday Wear Link up. I like adding a pop of colour to an otherwise neutral outfit, and with it being winter in Brisbane I added some cosy but colourful layers to both of these outfits to brighten them up.


What I wore:


thrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Jacket: Jeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in scarlett marle
Necklace: thrifted metallic clay bead necklace
Top: Kmart linen blend textured black tank
Jeans: thrifted Atmos&Here white straight leg jeans (new purchase)
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

Couldn't pass up these pristine white straight legged jeans at the opshop for just $1! I prefer skinny jeans over straight leg jeans, and I already have a pair of white skinny jeans, but for $1 I was eager to try these. They are such a comfortable fit too.

For their first wear I went with the classic black tank and as I had a little bit of driving to do with errands, the school run, and more errands after picking the kids up from school, my comfortable New Balance sneakers. With the dark navy Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag too this definitely needed a little extra colour! The red waterfall cardigan was super cosy for a cold winter day and I love how much it brightened up the black and white outfit. It was just the right layer to make this linen blend tank warm enough for the cold morning too.


Last worn: red waterfall cardigan, blue beaded necklace, black linen tank, New Balance sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag. First time I've worn the white jeans as they were a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearred waterfall cardigan and pencil skirt, black linen tank and leopard print, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag and floral dress.





What I wore:


thrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Jacket: thrifted Dotti black cocoon cape cardigan
Scarf: thrifted pink ombre tassel scarf (new purchase)
NecklaceTiffany & Co pink double heart tag pendant necklace
TeeAtmos & Here white essential v-neck tee
Jeans: thrifted Jeanswest faded black cropped butt lifter jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

Another first wearing of a newly thrifted piece. I bought a few things in July! Since I liked the outfit combination above so much I wore something similar again the next week, this time with the black jeans and a white tee, and a black cardigan. The colour came from this awesome pink ombre tassel scarf. I have quite a lot of scarves, but couldn't walk past this one in the opshop for just $2! I really like the different shades of pink and how well they work with the black and white outfit.

Like above, it was another day of working from home and doing the school run, so comfortable Converse sneakers were perfect for that. I really liked this outfit. Except for the Converse and the white v-neck tee, everything was an opshop find! I've really been focusing on shopping preloved more often and adding a lot of thrift finds to my wardrobe over the past few years.


Last worn: black cocoon cardigan, Tiffany necklace, white v-neck tee, faded black skinny jeans, black Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid satchel (above). First time I've worn the scarf as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearblack cocoon cardigan and leopard printwhite tee and midi skirt, faded black skinny jeans and blazer, black Converse and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid satchel and printed dress.

Perfect for pregnancyblack Converse in third trimester.


Weekday Wear Linkup #232


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

20 comments:

  1. Love these black and white looks with these pops of color! What a deal to get white jeans for $1. Thanks so much for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never go wrong with a black and white outfit! Those white jeans are so cute on you and such a great find!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the addition of the pops of red! That first outfit is one I will need to remember.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pop of colours in both outfit! And that's really so awesome that you've been buying more opshop! If only ours is as awesome as what you guys have there...sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the red cardigan with the black and white...but I think I love the pink ombre scarf even more! It's motivating to see your second-hand finds and be reminded how much good stuff is out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are two great cool weather outfits with a colorful layer added for warmth, Mica! Brisbane must be a thrifting bonanza to find pants for one dollar. I have only one thrift shop reasonably close, and it is a very sad one. I wish some good resale shops would move in close to me. Thanks for the link up and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these looks are so pretty, and what a gorgeous pink scarf!! I'm right there with you, I have so many scarves in my closet but can never resist adding another, haha! :)

    Hope you're having a great day!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, i love the red Cardigan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love how you can add any color to black and white, and it will look great.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pink was just the pop of color that outfit needed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the first outfit. So going to have to recreate it during the fall month.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a pop of color on a black and white outfit. My favorite is the ombre pink scarf. Have a great week!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Only $1 for those jeans! That's amazing. I love black and white because it's so easy to add different colors and change up the look! Really cool, Mica! I hope you have a fabulous week!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are always so great at adding color and prints to your looks, Mica!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pop of colour especially the red cardigan.
    Have a lovely week.
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. A little extra colour on a busy day is a perfect plan! I just love that red cardigan. It is so gorgeous! That pink scarf is amazing as well. You layer things so perfectly!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I particularly love the first outfit, with the pop of red provided by that waterfall cardigan! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Me gusto mucho el segundo outfit, saludo:D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that crisp black/white/red outfit, Mica! That's one of my favourites now! I have been in love with white jeans for ages - I think they make any outfit look more fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That long scarlet red cardigan is gorgeous!
    I love both of these outfits.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...