Monday 28 October 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup! Long Sleeve Blouses and Pencil Skirts For Spring

Trying a new colour scheme and an old favourite for today's Weekday Wear Linkup, with some pretty blouses and textured pencil skirts.

What I wore:

berry jeanswest frankie blouson sleeve blouse with blush pastel pink polka dot pencil skirt | awayfromblue

Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH on arm | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | blue and berry blouson sleeve blouse and pencil skirt office spring outfit
BlouseJeanswest Frankie soft blouse in berry
SkirtCotton On 'Mica' mesh spot skirt in dusty pink
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

I'd planned to wear this outfit the previous day I was in the office, but the crazy heatwave meant I changed up what I'd planned to wear then, and wore this on my other office day instead. I was glad to be able to wear this outfit at last!

Thought I'd try something a little different with the blush skirt and the berry blouse together. I really liked the colour combo, and decided to keep it simple with everything else, going without a necklace or statement earrings and just wearing black accessories. I thought the black ballet flats and Balenciaga part time bag matched the fuzzy polka dots on the skirt nicely.


Last worn: berry blouse, polka dot pencil skirt, black ballet flats, Balenciaga part time bag.

Other ways to wearberry blouse and maxi skirt, polka dot pencil skirt with purple, black ballet flats and jeans, Balenciaga part time bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancypolka dot pencil skirt in first trimester, black ballet flats in second trimester, Balenciaga part time bag in second trimester.


Balenciaga vs Rebecca Minkoff Bags







What I wore:

monochrome lace pencil skirt navy target blouse business casual office outfit gold accessories | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon with lace skirt Llama bag charm | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instgagram blouse and pencil skirt monochrome lace business casual spring outfit
Earrings: Kmart mustard gold tassel earrings
Top: Target Preview navy long sleeve collared shirt
SkirtAsos blue textured lace pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

Unlike the first outfit, this is a colour combo I often wear. This blue lace skirt looks great paired with other blue pieces and when I saw this blouse in the Target clearance sale I thought of wearing it with this skirt right away. Instead of a necklace I wore my Kmart gold and mustard tassel earrings, to match the gold mouse flats. The Rebecca Minkoff navy Regan bag matched the navy top and lace skirt well too.

The only downside with this outfit is that the blouse looked a bit too voluminous with the half tuck. Think I need to try tuck it all in next time. It's an awesome relaxed trapeze cut but it made tucking into this high waisted skirt a little tricky!


Last worn: navy collared blouse, mustard earrings, lace pencil skirt, gold mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag.

Other ways to wearnavy collared blouse with burgundyblue lace pencil skirt worn 30 ways, gold mouse flats and wrap dress, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyblue lace pencil skirt in second trimester, gold mouse flats in third trimester.


Long Sleeve Blouses Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A pencil skirt is an office staple and wearing a blouse with it creates a lovely feminine outfit. You can go monochrome and match the blouse and skirt together like I have in the second outfit, or be a little brighter and pair a colourful skirt with a jewel toned blouse like in the first outfit.



Weekday Wear Linkup #42


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!




Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails



Linking up with Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Trend Spin, Style On The DailyFashion Frenzy, Style Six, Thursday Moda, Fashion Frenzy, Red Carpet Style.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

91 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the second outfit, Mica! I love each individual piece and how well they complement each other in this outfit. I love how your earrings match your shoes, too! You know how much I love matchy-matchy! Haha ;) I hope you had a great weekend and have a wonderful week ahead, Mica! I'm so sorry I've been so behind with comments :( Thanks for the linkup! :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! You know I love matchy-matchy too haha! No worries, I know life has been crazy! thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  2. The red and blue tops look so comfortable and cute x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The polka dot skirt is so cute!!! I have been obsessing over polka dot print clothes lately!!! happy Monday Mica!! x

    Yiota
    https://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always tuck my blouse or top in a pencil skirt. I like it better that way! Both skirts are very Nice! Love those kind of skirts. Have a great start of the week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to tuck it in all the way around next time!

      Delete
  5. mi piace tanto il primo look *_* adoro il colore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the looks. The polka dot skirt is so pretty.
    http://sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stripe detail on the blouse! I am so bad at tucking in things, I feel it always looks weird on my body shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely not something I always get right!

      Delete
  8. The colours of your long sleeved shirts are both so good on you . They are both quite generous so tucking could be a bit more tricky with your pencil skirts , perhaps they would be best kept looser over pants. Many thanks for hosting, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice looks!
    HAPPY WEEK
    xoxo
    https://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of these billowy blouses paired with the pencil skirts. It's such a nice shape! Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pencil skirts - they are my staple for the office in the summer months but mine have to be dark grey/black for the firm's dress code

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky I have a lot of creativity in what I wear to work :)

      Delete
  12. I struggle with the half tuck but you did a great job! I think the blue blouse is voluminous but the slim skirt pairs so well with it! Thanks for the link up Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  13. That blue gold skirt though 😍😍😍
    https://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG @gracenjio

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both of these looks (and you'd never guess that executing a good tuck with the second blouse was an issue)!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both the outfits this week are stunning but I love the pink one. It has brightened your whole look. And polka dots anything is always pretty. :-) Have a nice week my dear. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need new pencil skirts because mine are all too big on me now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute is that polka dot skirt. And I like the creative way you styled the color top with the print skirt in the second look. styling outfits just make going places more fun i think?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mica, I am loving both of these rich, deep shades on you. And both skirts are so adorable. I never thought to try the front tuck with a pencil skirt, but I love it. Will give it a go the next time I style a pencil skirt! Thanks for the inspiration and the link up.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration Shelbee!

      Delete
  19. You sure can rock a pencil skirt! I actually like the half-tuck in the second outfit--that blouse drapes beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! It does have a great drape!

      Delete
  20. Two great skirt outfits. Love the polka dotted skirt the most, but both look fantastic and so perfect for springtime weather!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love the berry top with the blush skirt! I think that turned out really well. I'm also just loving that berry color in general this year. It's so flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everytime I see you wear that blue lace skirt, I feel like I must score one too! :D Love both outfits, even with the half tuck, Mica:) You really wear pencil skirts so well! I am totally digging the blush-with-berry colour combo.
    Hope you're having a lovely Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That lace skirt is such a staple in my wardrobe! :)

      Delete
  23. Such a pretty shade of pink in that first look! I love it with the polka dots too!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. The blush skirt and berry blouse is a lovely combination! It's great when trying something new works out.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both of these outfits are so cute! I love the fun polka dots with the bright top!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your tops are really cute and nice.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those gold/mustard tassel earrings are simply divine! They look so fab with your lace skirt and I really like the color mix.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such classy outfits, I love pencil skirt. You have paired your skirt in a creative way.You are looking stunning.<3
    Kisses
    Have a happy Monday <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. That polka dot skirt is super cute. Hope you are having a great week.

    www.amysfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like both outfits a lot. The fine stripe on the navy Target top gives it a fun athleisure look. Too bad it's so full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the swing style means I might have to fully tuck it in next time! :)

      Delete
  31. I love trying new color combinations since it stretches my closet!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Mica
    I'm impressed you have so many pencil skirts, loved the last one!!
    About your bags I like more the Balenciaga bags, but they are much expensive oh!
    You find so much outfit formulas wow!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. That polka dot skirt looks amazing with that first blouse. Such a lady like look! I also really like the combo of a printed skirt and the blue top in the second combo. You always look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my goodness! Both outfits are fabulous but I have to say, the second look is my absolute favourite that you have ever posted on here! It is perfection!! Love love love your style.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am a big fan of polka dots. Such a versatile skirt for all seasons. I struggle with the tucking with trapeze cut tops too. Have an awesome week Mica.

    Xx
    Nikki
    www.nikkilivinglife.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  36. I liked the colors of your blouses :)
    You look very elegant and beautiful!

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really like the blouse with the dusty polka dot pencil skirt. What a lovely outfit. I hope you are having a great week so far.
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm loving both outfits here Mica, although I am hearing you on the styling problems with the blouse in your second outfit. In all honesty, I have never done a half tuck with a blouse. You're going to laugh, but I didn't even know it was a thing ;-) I'd try tucking it in completely next time you wear it with a pencil skirt. That particular one is lovely, though! Have a great week Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to try a full tuck next time!

      Delete
  39. that polka dot skirt is supercute!!!
    And I really like even the blouse on the top, it's a very original and stylish combo!
    Even the second outfit is very nice, of course!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I loved the first outfit.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Such lovely classic looks! I love the bag & am a huge fan of the "half tuck" :) x Shannon • www.essellesse.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the second outfit, the individual pieces are so pretty and they work so well together too x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love both outfits Mica. I do like your idea of tucking in the blue blouse unless you tried a belt?? I haven't been wearing belts lately, but have been trying to think about them more...so that's why it was on my mind.
    OXOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if a belt would make a peplum with the trapeze style? I should give it a go! :)

      Delete
  44. Both the looks are amazing dear but I loved the second one! Pencil skirts are definitely my thing!!
    Adi xx | www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love these outfits, this blouse in Berry looks so pretty on you .

    https://www.ninakobi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  46. That polka dot skirt and pink shirt is such a beautiful color combo!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. You look so cute! Love the skirt.
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/10/satin-midi-skirt-chunky-knit-sweater.html

    ReplyDelete
  48. Blush and berry do make a pretty color combo! I'm still partial to the second outfit though. I just love navy! It's so classic and sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the first outfit - you look great in that shade of red, Mica. I do agree with you that the second blouse is too oversized styled like this, and overwhelms the skirt (which as you know, is one of my favourites).

    Happy week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! Need to try it fully tucked in next time I think!

      Delete
  50. You look so elegant! :)

    https://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  51. I carried my Balenciaga bag over the weekend too—it's such a classic!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  52. These looks are so pretty!

    x Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Your hair is looking FAB in these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the length it is now but I'm willing it to grow longer so I can donate it again, haha!

      Delete
  54. LOVE that deep red colour on you!
    xo,
    Tea

    ReplyDelete
  55. These outfits are gorgeous and you're rocking them oh so stylishly and dreamily :) The blush and berry tones work so wondrously together, so summery and uplifting. The lace pencil skirt is so cute in your second look! Both outfits are show-stopping on you! ♥︎

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  56. You look great in both outfits and I like how you change around all of your handbags too. Hope you have a great week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, i like to change my bag frequently to make the most of my collection! :)

      Delete
  57. Gorgeous pencil skirts! Looking good with the loose tops and the bags.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Loving the polka dot skirt. It will be so good for all seasons! You styled it perfectly!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  59. It's always fun to play around with different color schemes, and I'm jealous of your heatwave!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  60. The berry is a lovely color on you! I am all or none and the half tuck can look odd with some of my tops!

    ReplyDelete
  61. The red and blue top look great hun and very comfortable. You styled them great!
    Have a wonderful week darling.


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Those skirts are gorgeous!! Very chic too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  63. I’m also confused with the weather, it seems to change its mind everyday. I like this kind of tops for work as it’s decent and warm in case it’s cold when I go home in the afternoon. Those 2 bags are quite similar though they come from different brands.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the super hot days aren't a sign of the summer to come, so many bushfires already! Stay safe!

      Delete
  64. The first look is definitely my fave. Such an elegant color on you dear.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. Both of these looks are so pretty, but I am especially partial to the navy look. Gorgeous!!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Both books are great, but my favorite is the first one! I really like how the bright blouse looks with the neutral skirt and accessories. I'm glad you finally got to wear that outfit.

    Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  67. Beutiful color on you in the first look and I love the lace pencil skirt on you, I have a thing for lace!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. This pink blouse is so nice. Love this shade of pink Thank you for linking up with My Red Carpet.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. Thanks all for your kind comments, and for linking up! Interesting to see opinion divided on the second outfit - I think I'll try wear it differently next time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...