Monday 3 February 2020

Peplum Tanks and Textured Pencil Skirts With Rebecca Minkoff Regan Bag | Weekday Wear Link Up!

Keeping it simple on super humid summer days at work with peplum tanks and textured pencil skirts. It's not the first time I've worn my peplum tanks with pencil skirts, I like the fun silhouette it creates while still being formal for work (especially if you throw a blazer over the top). No blazer on these days though, the summer heat and humidity were too much! I did cover up my shoulders with a cardigan in the cold office aricon.

What I wore:

black peplum tank with blush pink polka dot pencil skirt and Rebecca Minkoff Regan satchel | away from blue

black and pink outfit with navy bag Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram| black zalora peplum tank with blush pink polka dot pencil skirt rebecca minkoff regan bag
Necklace: Colette crescent purple and gold necklace
Tank: Zalora basics ruffle hem tank in black
SkirtCotton On 'Mica' mesh spot skirt in dusty pink
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

While it’s the first time I’ve worn this peplum tank and pencil skirt together, I have worn other peplum tank with this pencil skirt. I really like the combination with the longer skirt and the peplum tank, especially as the black of the tank matches the textured dots on the skirt for a nice bit of matchy-matchy.

The crescent necklace added a little extra colour to my outfit, as did the navy Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag. I like black and navy together and this is a great bag for work. I picked the gold mouse flats to be a little matchy-matchy again with the necklace, and because they are so cute!


Last worn: black peplum tank, polka dot pencil skirt, gold mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag. First time I've shared the necklace on the blog as it was a Christmas present.

Other ways to wearblack peplum tank and shorts, polka dot pencil skirt and pearls, gold mouse flats worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag and belted dress.

Perfect for pregnancyblack peplum tank in second trimester, polka dot pencil skirt in first trimester, gold mouse flats in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Regan










What I wore:

navy and black summer office outfit peplum tank and jacquard pencil skirt, Regan bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon with llama bag charm | away from the blue

black and navy peplum tank and pencil skirt outfit with Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag | awayfromblue Instagram
Earrings: Colette shadow dancer geo circle tassel drop earrings
Necklace: Colette tortoise shell acrylic disc tassel necklace
Tank: Kmart black sleeveless frill hem peplum tank
SkirtWarehouse navy jacquard pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

This was a great outfit but a bit of an accessory fail! I'd picked out this tank to wear as it was longer to cover up a bit when I swapped the jacquard pencil skirt for leggings to go to my lunch time physio session. (After I injured my knee at the end of the year, I'm looking at frequent physio appointments). It was a little too short so I ended up wearing my office cardigan over the tank and leggings when I went out at lunch time.

I really liked the earrings with this, it's the first time I've worn these gold bar earrings and I thought they went nicely with the black peplum tank. I wasn't sure on what necklace to wear when I was planning this outfit the night before so decided to pick in the morning. This tortoiseshell circle pendant with the black tassel was a nice mix of print to have with the jacquard skirt and the gold chain matched the gold earrings nicely too. I didn't realise until after I looked at the photos that the black tassel on the necklace doesn't really show up very well against the black tank though! It was a bit more noticeable in person.

As much as I liked this outfit, I could have made it look better in pictures if I'd picked a different necklace! You can see all the prettiness of the necklace better last time I wore it.


Last wornblack peplum tank, tortoiseshell necklacejacquard pencil skirt, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag (above). First time I've worn the gold bar earrings as they were a Christmas gift.

Other ways to wearblack peplum tank and shorts, jacquard pencil skirt and warp top, black ballet flats and midi dress, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag.

Perfect for pregnancyblack ballet flats in third trimester.



Black Peplum Tanks Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A peplum hem on a tank is a fun twist on a wardrobe basic. With an extra layer on top to cover your shoulders if you work in a more formal environment, it's a great choice for the office when worn with a pencil skirt I like I've shown here. You can even match the colour of the tank to one of the colours in your pencil skirt too.




Weekday Wear Linkup #56


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails



Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Style On The Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Style Six.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

74 comments:

  1. You look great in shorter skirts - so professional! Hope you have a great week Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving both the peplum tanks, Mica:) I've seen some sewing patterns that have a similar look and I'm kinda dying to make them. And as always, your accessories are great. Even if the tassel didn't show up too much on the pics, I bet they really looked cute in person:)
    Have an awesome week ahead:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make them! I love these peplum tanks! :) I wish I had your talent :)

      Delete
  3. I love the peplum tops styled with pencil skirts! Both of these outfits are so cute for work!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I are twinning with the peplum today. Love these peplum tank with the slim pencil skirts. So perfect for a summer work look Mica. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the peplum tanks, those are so cute!! I hope you have a beautiful week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both necklaces as they are styled perfectly with that gorgeous peplum top! Great skirts too, I love to wear skirts like that! Have a great start of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the contrast between the tank and the skirt in the first outfit. Can you believe I have never tried a peplum top? I really like this one and I should see if I like the style on me: just elevate a basic top into something really cute!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun thing to try, a little different from a standard tank! :)

      Delete
  8. Hello Mica! This look is great on you, and as you said, perfect for work on a warm day. I wish it was warm here. I woke up to several inches of snow and it's still coming down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the top in the first picture. Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like how preplum tops look, especially with a pencil skirt or jeans. I haven't had many in my closet, two to be exact, but every time I see them styled, I like them. I am especially loving it styled with the polka dot skirt, I think it's the color contrast. Have a wonderful work week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute outfits! Love the bag!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely office wear, I love the polka dot skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always admire your cute polka dot skirt when you wear it. :) It looks so good with the peplum top! Your other skirt is really pretty, too. When it warms up I am going to try to this idea with my own skirts. Happy Monday, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you an idea to try! :) I'm so surprised I haven't hit 30 wears with this skirt yet! It's a staple for the office! :)

      Delete
  14. Such a great combo! I am especially loving that skirt.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  15. The first outfit is so cute. I love that skirt! I really like how peplum tops look on other people, but not on me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving these skirts, Mica. And the peplum tops looks fantastic with both of them! The necklaces finish off both looks so beautifully!
    Hope you're having a good week!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't get enough peplum tops! Cheers to a fabulous week <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving the subtle peplum on those tanks!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved both looks, the first necklace looks perfect with this top. Happy Monday Mica.

    http://www.ninakobi.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so chic in both looks!
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2020/02/teddy-coat-season-january-recap.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mica, your polka dot skirt is darling! I love the cute peplum paired it with, too. Both are such wonderful classically style looks. Well done!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love peplum tops - give me all the coverage I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like peplum sleeveless tops. You get comfort plus a little dressiness. The necklace on the first outfit does give it a nice pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Peplum top and pencil skirt is always a smart pair!
    Love both your look, dear, you look very modern and sophisticated!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Mica
    I really like peplum tank tops !! I liked the first look more, although you prefer the second, I don't think it was a fail accessory, I just think it's very dark in terms of the color palette !!
    xoxo
    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a brighter one would have stood out better!

      Delete
  26. Love these skirts and bag! You look so gorgeous!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ah yes peplum tops are having a moment again. Both looks are totally office appropriate but also chic and cool enough for the super hot weather. Going to a show this FW in the same venue as RM right before her show would love to go to hers. I did once.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really left them behind, haha! The top one is 5 or so years old I think! I'd love to see an RM show one day!

      Delete
  28. Peplum tops are perfect for creating a nice silhouette for our outfits. A combination of a peplum top and a pencil skirt is very elegant. This kind of outfits are perfect for work. Very feminine but also elegant and chic. I like both variations of this peplum top plus pencil skirt formula. Perhaps I slightly prefer the first one, because I like the contrast between the dark of the top and the beige dotted skirt, but the second outfit is wonderful too. You look fantastic in both of these outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Everything looks great, super :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I wore my Regan satchel to death and love it so much! It's one of the best bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying mine! It's great for work! :)

      Delete
  31. Amei o look,a bolsa é linda❤️
    Following 😉

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cheers to your new classy and chic kombo. You rock it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love that first polka dot skirt you wore! I am such a fan of the print, it's so cute!

    https://sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm not familiar with the Regan satchel, but it has such familiar vibes with a Balenciaga bag! Peplum tops really are great with pencil skirts - lovely pairings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did do a video comparing this and the Balenciaga city - they are both such similar bags, it's easy to see what the Regan was inspired by! :)

      Delete
  35. This is what I'd consider a perfect pairing. The skirt is straight and slim and the peplum tops gives some fun volume. Love them both Mica,
    OXOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both of these outfit are stunning. I hope you have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  37. Peplum tops never look right on me, but super cute on you! Love it paired with the skirt too. Great look!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  38. These top work so perfectly with a pencil skirt! It's a nice idea for pencil skirts when you don't to tuck a top in! Both of these outfits are so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  39. It's so funny to me that you can wear sleeveless tops right now because it's so cold here! You look so cute though—I'm jealous!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your first outfit and the prints of that skirt is really cute too.

    https://sarahrizaga.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love that peplum top, how versatile is it! Also those MJ mouse flats! Ahhhh I used to be so obsessed with these. I ended up selling a black pair a few years ago and regretted it the moment I put it into a satchel to send!

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sad they are discontinued! I plan to wear these to death, like I did with my other pairs! :)

      Delete
  42. I like this skirt in spots. You look great

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the size of the bag.
    https://www.comfycozyup.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'd wear this in a heartbeat Mia. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm a huge fan of peplum tops. I just think that they are so flattering on just about everyone. The peplum tank is perfect with the pencil skirt! Have a fabulous week Mica!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. How great you finally decided to wear the peplum tank together with the dotted skirt! It is a fanastic combination, like the second look, too. Fortunately you had the cardigan that you could cover the missing length when you wore this top to your physio appointment!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi dear :-)

    I like so much the first of the outfits - so elegant. I like the peplum tops :-)
    I am so jealous about the weather is so cloudy and rainy here since last few days

    Best regards
    Karo

    ReplyDelete
  48. You are so right - it definitely creates a lovely silhouette. Those tops are absolutely beautiful and so versatile! You look stunning.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Perfect work looks for a hot summer day! I love the tortoise necklace, and even though I didn't realize there was a tassel, I still thought it was very pretty!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I need to not wear it with a black top next time, haha!

      Delete
  50. That polka dot skirt is calling my name! So feminine and chic!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wonderful dressy work outfits, Mica! I love both of them, although I'd give the first one a slight edge. I didn't realize that your necklace has a tassel - it totally disappears into the black, doesn't it?

    I hope you are having a good week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does - really need to not wear it with a black top next time, haha!

      Delete
  52. I love both outfits, but I especially love that first one with the polka dotted skirt, so chic!

    XO,
    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  53. The peplum tank is super cute, looks fantastic with the skirt. Have a wonderful day hun.


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hey Mica,
    I love how your items are completly interchangeable with one another. I love your bag. Navy is such a great color, and it adds a little bit of something to the black! I noticed you turned your llama around for each outfit. I like how it pulls the pink out of your necklace in the first outfit, but pulls the black out for the 2nd outfit. Very cute little detail.

    thank you for the great detail, thexglitterbox
    @thexglitterbox
    http://thexglitterbox.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that was completely by accident, it does flip around a lot! :)

      Delete
  55. How cute are those peplum tanks, Mica! I'm especially loving your first outfit, with the polka dot peplum skirt! I hope your week is going well. I've just returned from a short break, and I'm catching up on my blog reading now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  56. Both looks cute on you dear. The 2nd outfit is definitely my fave.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. That is the cutest outfit. I am so happy that polka dots are back in trend. That skirt is so lovely. Have a great week! :)
    Madeline | CappuccinoandFashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thanks all for your comments, and for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. These are both such cute looks! I love your polka dot skirt... and the little llama is so cute!

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hi Mica!
    I love your peplum top, it looks great with the pencil skirt. The color of your skirt is pretty and love the polka dots. Of course I love your bag!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. Just last week I wore my peplum top and was ready to let it go... and then during the day I read they were back on trend :) So I am keeping it.
    Your peplums are right on!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...