Wednesday 2 August 2023

What I Bought In July & How I've Worn It

I feel I have been doing a lot of shopping this year! While I didn't buy anything in June, I added to my wardrobe in July, just like I did in March, April and May. And I added quite a lot this past months! With the preloved markets stalls I've had I've also cleared out a lot from my wardrobe, and I feel I've made some really wise buys to replace some of the things I've let go.



What I Bought in July:

  • thrifted Atmos&Here white straight leg jeans
  • thrifted no label floral print babydoll dress
  • thrifted colourful geometric print maxi dress
  • thrifted Kmart turquoise linen shorts (no wears yet, until it warms up!)
  • thrifted pastel Paisley print cape (no wears yet, until it warms up!)





Why I Bought It:

Actually bought a couple pieces new this month! The majority of my purchases have been preloved through the year, but I couldn't resist picking up a tour tee from my favourite band. The Cle the Label items were on super sale so I thought I'd give the brand a try, however I don't think I'll be buying more from them in future. As good as the organic cotton is as a material, I haven't found anything about the people in their supply chain and if they have fair wages, so they were a bit of an impulse buy I was maybe too hasty on. The two pieces I got are good basics, but I really need to be more thoughtful about where my money goes when I buy retail. Kmart is good for a bargain, but despite improvement isn't yet paying a living wage either.

With the decluttering at home, of everything from books to pieces from mine and the kids wardrobes, I've been visiting the opshop more frequently, so of course I couldn't resist a couple of browses through the clothes and picked out a few things for myself. While they are impulse buys, I'll never turn down a Rebecca Minkoff opshop find, and I did try to stick to thrifting pieces I knew would work with the goals I have for my wardrobe this year. I've been focusing more on shopping preloved as I know it's more environmentally friendly. More budget friendly too!



How I've Worn It:




As you can see, I've been buying a lot of basics! And that Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag has been a firm go-to since I practically danced out of the opshop with it. Such an amazing find. To prevent this post just being a huge wall of photos, i tried to only share times I'd worn the bag with other new pieces I bought this month.

I haven't worn some of the summer pieces I bought. While I could make the dresses work with a few layers, the cover up and shorts are going to have to wait until winter weather leaves us in Brisbane. Not too long until spring arrives though!




This is the biggest shopping month I've had this year, with 14 items purchased, which is a lot to purchase all at once. Not everything has met my goal of being worn twice in the month I bought it, as I did buy some summer pieces, and July only had so many days to wear so many new buys. I'm confident everything I bought will be a wardrobe staple though. Even with the opshop finds I was trying to be really discerning with what I added to my basket. At only $1 per item of clothing at my local opshop it can be hard to not buy everything I like!

My wardrobe has changed a lot this year, but I'm putting thought into it. With going back to work full time, and having regular days in the office each week so I'm working from home less, it's been a good year to have re-evaluated my wardrobe and to have made a few changes. Even if I have donated or sold on pieces I didn't hit 30 wears with, I'm trying to make sure everything I buy is something I'll want to wear 30 times or more.

Excited to come up with more outfits from these new additions to my wardrobe!



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

10 comments:

  1. You look great , thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colorful Dress and the Skirt

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post - I love seeing your new Minkoff bag mixed with some of your new-to-you pieces. It is hard not to buy everything even semi-appealing when prices are that cheap (and wow, that's cheap), but I remind myself that it's going to a local business. I'd always rather give them my money than give it to a big conglomerate that doesn't source sustainably or pay its workers a living wage.

    Good for you for doing a re-evaluation of your wardrobe and doing an overall upgrade to some of your basics. Our style changes as we get older, as our lives change or our circumstances with work fluctuate, so we need to keep going through things and let go of pieces that no longer work for us. I personally find it hard to let go of old favourites, but it has to happen.

    Happy week to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're getting rid of stuff, of course you have to replace it. I bet things will average out nicely once you get to the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing haul! You've inspired me to do some thrifting soon.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find the most beautiful pieces while thrifting! I love how you've worn things. Also, I think it's really cool that you are calling out Kmart for not paying a living wage. That is a real issue where I live as well. Most places don't pay a living wage, I'm afraid, especially in fast food and retail. I appreciate you mentioning this. Speaking out matters <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done really well buying basics and thrifted items Mica! And it's only natural that one's wardrobe is constantly evolving. Well done on decluttering too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a lot of great items this month.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  9. You added so many pretty pieces into your wardrobe, Mica! I love all of these beautiful looks and that Cupid bag is stunning!

    Wishing you a wonderful week ahead, friend!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great inspiration! I'm trying to change my wardrobe up a bit too. Last month, I did the trick where you turn around the hangers in your closet, and in January, I'm going to see what's left unturned.

    Alexandra
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...