Monday 4 June 2018

Printed Shirts, Pencil Skirts and Colourful Cardigans With Mulberry Bayswater

With the winter weather arriving in Brisbane and it feeling a lot colder in the mornings, it gave me the wonderful opportunity to wear two of my newly purchased cardigans right away! I picked up these cardigans in the Jeanswest knitwear sale last month. I couldn't resist getting two of them!

What I wore:

Jeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in scarlett marle with star print shirt pencil skirt Mulberry bayswater | awayfromblue

Mulberry Bayswater oak NVT satchel | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram red drape cardigan with monochrome black office outfit mulberry bayswater
JacketJeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in scarlett marle
Shirt: Zara star print shirt
SkirtJeanswest black ponte pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
BagMulberry Bayswater in Oak NVT leather (get it second-hand and cheaper here)

Why I wore it:

You might remember that I already have a little red cardigan. I decided to donate that one and replace it with this. It's thicker, warmer and with longer sleeves. I also I love the button feature! It's got a button on either side of the cardigan you can use to button up the hems. You can use it for breastfeeding, or to change the knit into a cowl neck top. Just wearing it simply here, letting the waterfall drape shine and the red pop against the black outfit.

Cooler weather means long sleeves more regularly too! I'm so pleased to be able to get this star print shirt out again. It's one of those pieces that is formal enough for work with the buttons but casual enough for stay at home mum style with denim. I love how it looked with the pencil skirt.

With the red cardigan being a big bright pop of colour with my outfit I went with a classic neutral tan for my accessories, with my Marc Jacobs ballet flats and Mulberry Bayswater bag.

Sadly, this may be last time I wear this shirt. I stupidly didn't check the setting on the iron and burned literally right through it when I tried to go over it quickly. So annoyed with myself! I'm going to take it to my tailor and see if it can be turned into a tank after I burned right through one of the sleeves.


Last worn: star print shirt, ponte pencil skirt, camel flats, Mulberry Bayswater. First time I've worn the cardigan as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearstar print shirt and burgundy pants, ponte pencil skirt, camel flats and sheath dress, Mulberry Bayswater and chambray dress.

Perfect for pregnancystar print shirt in first trimester, ponte pencil skirt in second trimester, camel ballet flats in second trimester, Mulberry Bayswater in third trimester.


Review and Contents of the Mulberry Bayswater:








What I wore:

navy cardigan and mixed print shirt with pencil skirt and mulberry bayswater autumn office outfit | away from blue

Mulberry Bayswater in Oak NVT leather | Away From The Blue

awayfromblue instagram mixed print shirt navy cardigan pencil skirt office outfit autumn
JacketJeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
DressJeanswest 'Ruby' mixed print shirt
SkirtJeanswest zip detail ponte pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagMulberry Bayswater in Oak NVT leather (get it second-hand and cheaper here)

Why I wore it:

It was this navy cardigan I'd seen on the website that prompted my trip into Jeanswest. When I saw the red one above hanging next to it, I decided to take them both in to try on, to pick my favourite. I decided I liked them both enough to buy them! I think this navy will be the perfect neutral to add to my winter wardrobe. I like how it worked with the blacks in this outfit, and just as the red cardigan did above, it kept me cosy on my autumn morning commute to work.


Last worn: navy cardigan, mixed print shirt, zip detail pencil skirt, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats, Mulberry Bayswater (above).

Other ways to wearnavy cardigan and printed shorts, mixed print shirt and shorts, pencil skirt for Youtube creator day, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats and a-line skirt, Mulberry Bayswater and polka dots.

Perfect for pregnancyzip detail pencil skirt in first trimester, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats in third trimester, Mulberry Bayswater in second trimester.



Printed Shirts For The Office Under $50:







How You Can Wear It:

With a neutral printed skirt and a black pencil skirt, you have an easy and professional outfit for work, especially when you add a classic bag like the Mulberry Bayswater. For a little fun and colour with your outfit, you can add a cardigan just as I have in these outfits here. If your workplace is more formal, just leave the cardigan in your bag when you get to your desk.


Linking up with Confident Twosday, Trend Spin, Turning Heads, Style On The Daily, Fashion Frenzy, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Files.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

65 comments:

  1. Your Mulberry bag is so lovely! You can tell it's one of those pieces that keep looking good (or even better!) with time.
    http://www.lambassadrice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pencil skirts! They just make me feel so classy! They look so sophisticated too. I love the pop of red in the first outfit, creates a statement.

    KHVDIJA | http://www.khvdija.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think they are perfect work options! :)

      Delete
  3. How smart to pick up both the cardigans since they will get so much wear. Especially that they have so much versatility with that button and making them look so different!!
    Hopefully you had a wonderful weekend, Mica!!
    We were able to go to the sidewalk chalk art festival and see so many great artists' work!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The festival sounds lovely! :) I'm hopefully I'll get lots of use from these cardigans this winter :)

      Delete
  4. You are always looking polished and professional. That black and red combo is so striking and very flattering on you!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think they look great together!

      Delete
  5. Looks so beautiful, great choices :D
    With love,
    xx

    Patricia & Miguel
    www.freeoversea.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love how the red stands out against the black, and the gorgeous brown leather bag. That is such a bummer about that top--I'm crossing my fingers your tailor can make it into a tank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping she could, but she's retiring so I'm tailor-less again!

      Delete
  7. Loving the whole ensemble!

    Sheena | www.sheenalovessunsets.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute outfits, I especially love the first one. Red looks so good on you, you should wear it more often! Happy Monday!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a cheerful colour to wear! I always end up wearing it more in winter!

      Delete
  9. I love the red cardigan! It looks beautiful on you x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Mulberry bag is gorgeous!!
    Hopefully you can get that shirt fixed! I hate when I make mistakes like that! But it happens to everyone
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so frustrating as I loved that shirt!

      Delete
  11. Both looks are so chic, but I have always had a special place in my heart for the power trio of red, white, and black. So your first look really caught my eye.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look chic
    and I love your Cardigan.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the scarlet red cardigan you got. Paired with a pencil skirt, it looks fantastic. I also really like the second cardigan, the second outfit is really nice as well. The bag is stunning. It matches both outfit perfectly. Great styling. Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana :) I'm glad you liked both outfits!

      Delete
  14. Love the pencil skirt! Such a chic look!
    Happy Monday, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore waterfall cardigan, it just really dresses up a simple outfit and it's so versatile too.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to be obsessed with Mulberry bags when I first started the blog. I think seeing your bag retriggered my obsession! Such a gorgeous bag!

    xo, Deborah
    < Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bag is so pretty, and you look gorgeous I love the outfit you look!! <3

    Serene Xo

    http://www.surrealserene.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute sweater! I can see why you picked up two of them. Both of these outfits are so polished and perfect for work. Love your accessories too. Great post! Sorry about your shirt...we all have our ironing mishaps! - Amy
    http://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, happens to all of us at some point!

      Delete
  19. Happy new week! I adore both looks and you layered beautifully with the cardi. That's a bummer about your shirt. I hope you can re purpose it. ..and the bag as always is fabulous.

    It's getting super hot here. I spent the day taking a class at the gym then relaxing at the pool. I pray you have a wonderful week

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping I could change it and keep it - I'll need to find a new tailor though!

      Delete
  20. I love both outfits.
    Great styling with the color tone

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such fabulous work looks! Love that bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally loving the pop of color and they're great for the office, when you need to ward off the AC.

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cardigans are perfect for cold aircon! :)

      Delete
  23. I really like the length of your new cardigans on you! I've done that before with an iron only it was on the front of the shirt. No fixing it for me! Hopefully your tailor can take the sleeves off like you said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! So sad to hear about your shirt!

      Delete
  24. Hello Mica
    First thank you for your comment on my blog it was my best medicine its wonderful to have friends all around the world.
    Second you look like a succeful business lady with or without a cardigan but i love the red one. You bag is your statement accessory. You are lovely in both looks.
    Xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa. I hope you are feeling better soon!

      Delete
  25. Nosotros estamos entrando en verano aquí pero aun no se nota mucho por que sigue lloviendo. Me encanta el estilo del cardigan asimétrico y te sientan genial los dos colores. Un besito guapa.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are great cardigans Mica! And as you know I do love that drape/button detail. Is this the first time I've seen the Bayswater have an outing... or maybe I just haven't noticed it. It's a great bag! As for the Zara shirt with the sleeve snafu, hopefully the tailor can make it into a tank, I've done the same before with the iron!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used it in a while - it's an office only bag for me at the moment and it goes a while between wears sometimes!

      Delete
  27. I love the red cardigan! They're both great colors and shapes - the button on each side is such a great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That stinks you might have to get rid of the star shirt. Hopefully the tailor can fix the burn mark. A red cardigan is a must have in my color. It such a fun and classic pop of color. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  29. The red one! That is the perfect color for me! And so sorry to hear about your shirt, these things tend to happen when we are in a hirry.
    Which I suppose we always are with little kids and a job. I hope you'll be aböe to get it transformed into a tank.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, constantly busy and not always thinking things through! I'm hopeful I can get it transformed, we will see.

      Delete
  30. I love the way a cardigan can add a bright pop of color!

    Hope you're having a great week so far, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Renovating can be so hard when you're living in the house you're renovating. Any kind of work around the house can be very time demanding, but when you're happy with the home you live in, it makes it all worth while. Have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mica, I love your waterfall cardis! And you look so fab in both these colours. Such great fall pieces for sure. Also digging your Mulberry. I've been wanting one since the days Alexa Chung started using their bags:D
    PS I hope you were able to save the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't found a tailor yet as my go-to has retired! I recommend the bayswater, they are a nice bag!

      Delete
  33. Nice post dear reallu inspiring :D loved the bag
    bisous

    http://www.gallech.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely adore the burst of colour with the fist cardigan, it really makes the whole look pop! Adore the bag also, I used to have one quite similar and loved it until it broke - maybe I should give this brand a go?

    Have a great week!
    Amy; Wandering Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mulberry are highly regarded as a high quality brand, so worth giving them a go I think!

      Delete
  35. Oh yes to picking them in two colours. I do the same when I find something that I love. -But the red is my favourite because it my fav colour. Ha!! You look office ready in these outfits and so beautiful.
    Have a blessed week. :-)

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a versatile bag, I love the styling of the first look! The red cardigan is so vibrant~

    Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ah loving the looks and the bag is beautiful! Loving the vibe and style of the outfit, effortless!

    Layla x

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your cognac bag Mica, its such a classic shape and goes with everything !Pretty star top, on you and i love the color red on you! Great look! Hope you are enjoying the week.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I think you know which cardi is my favourite! The red, of course! I can't believe you burned through a blouse from ironing it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, such a silly mistake to make!

      Delete
  40. loving the red, so striking. Don't forget to come link up over at A Labour of Fashion my Thursday Link up.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Really pretty outfits! The bag is a great classic, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful bag and outfit! We have no Mulberry near us by I've stopped in the NYC store before. Such lovely things!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...