Monday 31 May 2021

Weekday Wear Linkup: Office Outfits - Printed Tanks, Pencil Skirts and Blazer With Rebecca Minkoff Love Too Bag

For today's Weekday Wear Linkup I'm sharing a couple more outfits I wore to the office recently. My office in Brisbane has been open for a long time (it reopened late 2020) on a completely optional basis. With no cases in Queensland I've felt safe enough to go in now and then, when the workload allows for it. I'm not going back regularly yet, just a day or two here and there, but it's been fun when I have gone in!


What I wore:

orange blazer with teal accessories neutral printed tank black pencil skirt autumn office business casual outfit | awayfromblue

orange blazer with Rebecca Minkoff Love Too in deep teal croc embossed leather | awayfromtheblue


Earrings: Kmart teal tassel earrings
JacketGlassons orange jersey blazer 
Necklace: Tiffany & Co silver 5th Avenue notes heart pendant necklace
Tank: Jeanswest Florence print long line tank
Skirt: Jeanswest black ponte pencil skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff Love Too in deep teal croc embossed leather


Why I wore it:

Again wearing this orange blazer that I bid on pre-lockdown in 2020 and that sat unworn in my wardrobe for over a year. It was good to get it out for a second wearing! I felt it added the perfect amount of colour to the neutral outfit of the brown printed tank and the black jersey pencil skirt. 

The teal Rebecca Minkoff Love Too bag looked great last time I wore it with the orange blazer, so I repeated that combination again. Added the teal tassel earrings on too, for a bit of matchy-matchy with the bag and some more colour in my outfit when the bag was sitting on my desk.

I wouldn't usually wear Converse to the office but I'd aggravated my knee injury on a recent hike and wanted something a little more supportive than ballet flats - and as so few people are in the office on any given day it's an even more casual vibe than it usually is.


Last worn: orange blazer, teal tassel earrings, Tiffany heart necklace, brown printed tank, elastic pencil skirt, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff teal croc Love Too bag.

Other ways to wearorange blazer and blue dress, brown printed tank and green jeans, elastic pencil skirt over a dress, Converse and tee dress, Rebecca Minkoff teal croc Love Too bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancybrown printed tank in third trimester, elastic pencil skirt in second trimester, Converse in second trimester.


Unboxing My Rebecca Minkoff Love Too Bag:






What I wore:

monochromatic black striped tank grey jersey blazer pencil skirt autumn office outfit yellow statement necklace teal bag | awayfromtheblue

Rebecca Minkoff Love Too in deep teal croc embossed leather with grey pencil skirt | away from the blue



JacketJeanswest grey jersey blazer
NecklaceStarfish Project Veronica short yellow multi strand necklace
TankAtmos & Here Oregon stripe tank
SkirtAsos tailored tab front pencil skirt in grey
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff Love Too in deep teal croc embossed leather


Why I wore it:

This is such a simple outfit - again it's like the one above with a pencil skirt, blazer and printed tank. But it's the kind of outfits I really missed putting together with not being in the office! With the black and white stripes on the tank, grey blazer and pencil skirt it was a bit too monochrome - the fun yellow statement necklace added just the right amount of cheer and stopped this looking too plain. 

Again I wore my teal Rebecca Minkoff Love too bag, it's such a nice size for the essentials I need for work and it's nice to wear a bag that doesn't have to fit all the kids things in it too!


Last worn: grey jersey blazer, yellow statement necklace, black and white tank, grey pencil skirt, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff croc Love Too bag (above).

Other ways to weargrey jersey blazer and swing dress, black and white tank worn 30 ways, grey pencil skirt and peplum, silver ballet flats and a-line skirt, Rebecca Minkoff croc Love Too bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancygrey pencil skirt in second trimester, silver ballet flats in third trimester.


How You Can Wear It:

A printed tank and pencil skirt is an office staple for a business casual environment. You can dress it up a little with a blazer which can also cover up bare shoulders if you're in a more conservative workplace. You can use a bright blazer or a statement necklace or earrings to add a little extra colour and personality to your outfit too.



Weekday Wear Linkup #122


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

67 comments:

  1. I love everything about the first look! I really like the contrast of the blazer with the rest of the outfit.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how you styled the pencil skirt, both of the outfit are perfect for work. I love the pop of orange in the first outfit. Hope you have a great week.Stay safe!!
    Dheera Joshi
    http://www.thestylepanorama.com/2021/05/how-to-style-tweed-blazer-for-work.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting back to the office! Love both of these work looks. Thanks for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's nice to be able to go in now and then!

      Delete
  4. Very nice outfit. This bag is very nice and elegance

    RESPECT COCO CHANEL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how a pencil skirt is professional but still be comfortable depending on the length, material and waist. Enjoy your week!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to get back into the office - and I love your work looks (that orange jacket is fabulous!).

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's nice to be able to go back in now and then!

      Delete
  7. That orange blazer is so fun.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked the first look, it was elegant but at the same time modern for wearing Converse. I loved it!

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both styles are fabulous 💕

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks great. It suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must be lovely to return to the office once in a while, as I guess it can get a bit lonely working from home all the time. And it must have been especially nice to be able to dress up a bit more. Your first outfit is my favourite. The top is gorgeous, and I'm loving the pop of burnt orange provided by your jacket which, in its turn, looks amazing with the teal bag! Wishing you a great week ahead Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes have really enjoyed being able to go in and see colleagues in person!

      Delete
  12. Both outfits are so beautiful! Professional, stylish, and so chic. I absolutely adore that orange blazer. What a fabulous piece. It is perfectly paired with that tank top!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great. Love how you styled both outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the orange jacket but you look really sharp in the second outfit. Have a great week.
    Grace & Peace, Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The blazers always make an outfit seem so professional and I'm in love with the orange one especially. Even the converse sneakers are fun.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your converse look really cute with your skirt and blazer. It’s great that you can choose to work from home or the office.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I like the flexibility, although with my current project working from home is the better choice, I look forward to things changing and being able to go back in more frequently soon!

      Delete
  17. I like the orange blazer. You can never go wrong with a pop of orange.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The orange blazer looks really cute on you. I read one time that orange is the happiest color.....and I believe that is true. You have a nice and warm smile. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  19. I completely agree with you that I've missed styling outfits like this for the office! Loving both combos here, your bright orange blazer is fabulous and adds such a nice pop of color.

    I hope you are having a great week so far!


    Amber


    Visit AvecAmber.com
    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice you're able to get back to the office safely! My husband is hoping they can stay home a while longer because he hates the commute and feels like he's more productive at home anyway
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes as there are no cases here outside of hotel quarantine it's really safe - although still strange being round so many people, haha!

      Delete
  21. Mica,

    Great use of color to add pop to each of your fabulous looks. Dressing to go to the office on a daily basis was always a love/hate thing for me; I loved the notice and feedback I got on my outfits but I hated the struggle of making the daily decisions.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for the link-party, Mica!

    I LOVE your orange blazer - this is the one you mentioned in a comment, isn't it? I also love your second outfit - the yellow necklace makes the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This is the one that arrived when we were in lockdown, haha! It's good I've been able to wear it over a year later!

      Delete
  23. I agree with what the others have said....such great work outfits, Mica:) That orange blazer is amazaballz, and that ASOS pencil skirt is such a great staple. I'm so sorry to hear that the knee is still giving you trouble, but it's good you can wear your Converse to work. And really so amazed how Queensland have handled this whole pandemic. We've been reading about Victoria recently, but it looks like that is being handled ok as well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope things improve for Victoria! It's so hard for them, they take on a lot of the returning people and hotel quarantine isn't foolproof as it wasn't designed for that, but the Victorians do a great job trying to keep themselves and us safe!

      Delete
  24. Lindas chaquetas, los looks son muy elegantes y te quedan bien

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's been so long since I've dressed up for work since I've been working at home. But I loved seeing these looks! Excited to wear blazers again!

    Eileen | yesmissy.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are certainly ready for Autumn Mica, lovely looks and of course stylish handbags. Thanks for hosting Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both outfits look lovely, but I just love the pop of orange. I have a bright red blazer that I absolutely adore

    Toni | This Mama Style

    ReplyDelete
  28. *Ooopps, not sure if my last comment posted, sorry if this is a duplicate*

    I love both outfits, super cute but still perfect for the office. The orange blazer is gorgeous. I have a bright red one that I love

    Toni | This Mama Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting again :) The first one did go through, all my comments are moderated due to spam so don't post instantly.

      Delete
  29. Such lovely, staple office outfits. It's amazing that they're open but it's optional whether or not you go. It would be wonderful if more businesses followed that method going forward to allow workers to reintegrate at their own pace x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be the approach of most businesses here - so everyone can take advantage of office days when it makes sense but if they feel safer at home they can stay there too.

      Delete
  30. That orange blazer is gorgeous, not a colour you often see, I think. Such a nice change from red. I'll have to see if I can find something similar over here, thank you for the inspo :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look amazing my dear! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love both of these workwear looks! Your orange blazer is fabulous!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey Mica, I hope you're having a nice week :)

    I'd say these are some of my favorite looks over your blog, maybe because I can really get inspiration for my outfits and this is very similar to my style, pop of color combined with neutral garments that can be used with other pieces in an easy way :) Both are gorgeous and ideal for the real working life!

    It is nice to go back to office and wear those nice blazers or something a little bit formal, anyway I adored the casual touch you added with the Converse! Thanks for proposing these combinations, they are useful but funny at the same time ;)

    PS: Good to know that you don't have cases in Brisbane!

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do love my pops of colour! :) And it's great being able to wear my blazers again :)

      Delete
  35. I really love the laid-back-but-polished vibe a pencil skirt and sneakers makes!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  36. The blazers are excellent!

    Alexandra
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Both outfits look great on you and amazing for work. I need to break out my pencil skirts again. LOVE the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  38. hI
    You are in both outfits the perfect working girl from the movie!
    I love your orange blazer love that color a lot!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful outfits.
    The strip tee and blazer is awesome!
    Love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love those office outfits, you look great with all!

    Kisses,

    https://www.theartofpaloma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. That orange blazer is such a vibrant color and looks so nice with the neutrals and sneaks! I bet it is fun to get dressed up a couple of days a week for the office.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I just love that fun orange blazer! It's so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love these office wear looks! I really like that orange blazer. The pop of color is so fun. I hope you are having a great week!

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. You look very smart and polished in your office outfits. The orange blazer is fabulous. Your second styling of it is fantastic. Your neutral blazer combo works well too. Blazers and skirts are a great combo. It is great you can choose between working in your office or from home.

    ReplyDelete
  45. OMG!!
    I love these jackets!!! Very amazing looks
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love your blazers, you styled them perfectly as usual especially the orange one is so vibrant and is looking gorgeous with black. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Both of these outfits are perfect for the office, Mica! Loving both of your blazers here. It's a piece that I really need to incorporate into my closet.

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love these looks on you, Mica! I just styled a new orange blazer that will be on the blog in about a week. It is such a fun color and it looks fabulous on you.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the pop of orange in the first pic! That's great that going into the office is optional. I'm really glad that our office closed just before covid so I don't have to give up working from home, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the ease of working from home! It's definitely safer too :)

      Delete
  50. Beautiful, Mica! I love pencil skirts and haven't worn one in a long time. I'm still 100% remote at least until September and then, it will be voluntary. I love the yellow statement necklace in the second look. It is really strking!

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow until September is such a long time! I guess it's hard for them to reopen in the US when there are so many cases. We have no cases here in Brisbane at the moment, we are really lucky hotel quarantine and our first lockdown have worked :)

      Delete
  51. Thanks all for your comments, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...