Monday 6 May 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup! Sleeveless Tanks And Colourful Pants: Business Casual Autumn Style

The best thing about autumn weather finally arriving in Brisbane is the ability to unpack some things from their storage boxes in the wardrobe! Jeans! Scarves! It's nice to have them out again after them being hidden away during the heatwaves.

Colourful pants add a bit of fun to a business casual outfit for the office. And even though one of these pairs is jeans rather than pants, they easily pass as pants in the office (and if they didn't would fit right in to everyone else in my office wearing blue jeans)!

What I wore:

olive pants in office printed tank black blazer part time bag | awayfromblue

printed tank, Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue black blazer olive skinny jeans balenciaga part time bag autumn business casual
Jacketthrifted Zara black blazer
NecklaceStarfish Project Hannah turquoise bead necklace
TopJeanswest Florence print long line tank
JeansJeanswest Vicki skinny pant in moss green
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

Totally stealing my boss's style here! This kind of outfit; skinny jeans, a nice top and a blazer, is one she wears frequently in the office in cooler weather. I love pairing neutral pieces with these olive pants so black was an easy choice, and this brown printed tank is an easy neutral to wear. I did feel the outfit was a little flat though so I wanted to add a necklace - decided to step out of my comfort zone a little more and try green with green again. I thought the darker green in this necklace worked well with the olive jeans.

Yes, these are the same jeans I wore last week! I've been thrilled to get them out again with the cooler weather.


Last worn: black jersey blazer, green statement necklace, printed button detail tank, olive jeans, black ballet flats, Balenciaga Part Time bag.

Other ways to wearblack jersey blazer and jeans, printed button detail tank and purple jeans, olive jeans and printed scarf, black ballet flats and a-line skirts, Balenciaga Part Time bag and denim shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyblack jersey blazer in third trimester, printed button detail tank in third trimester, black ballet flats in second trimester, Balenciaga Part Time bag.


30 Ways to Wear: Balenciaga Part Time Bag








What I wore:

burgundy skinny pants pastel printed tank and shimmer scarf black bag | away from blue

colourful business casual office outfit autumn with black Balenciaga part time bag | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram | printed tank colourful pants business casual outfit burgundy and pastels
Scarf: blush metallic rose gold shimmer scarf
TopJeanswest Elissa leaf print tank
JeansJeanswest 'Fiona' skinny leg pant in shiraz
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

It's not the first time I've worn this tank with burgundy, I layered it up with a burgundy scarf for winter before. I really like the way to pastels in the print work with the burgundy pants. I decided to try something a little different and add this pretty pastel shimmer scarf on top too. it matches the pretty but impossible to see on photos peach pastel leaf print in the tank. I really liked the scarf and tank together. I don't usually wear so many pastels but I thought it really worked here.

I just picked a grey blazer to throw on and cover my shoulders in the office.

Got quite a few compliments on this outfit too. Mainly on the scarf, a pretty gift from my mum.


Last worn: shimmer scarf, leaf print tank, burgundy pants, camel flats, Balenciaga part time bag (above).

Other ways to wearshimmer scarf and orange dress, leaf print tank layered up for winter, burgundy pants and blush shirt, camel flats, Balenciaga part time bag and stripes.

Perfect for pregnancyburgundy pants in second trimester, camel flats in third trimester, Balenciaga part time bag in second trimester.


Colourful Pants Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

Colourful pants are a nice alternative to classic black for the office, particularly if your office is business casual where you have more options with what you wear. If your office is really casual, you could even pass off colourful jeans as pants by dressing them up with a blazer.




Weekday Wear Linkup #17


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!





Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails







Linking up with On Mondays We Link Up, Modest Monday, Mutton Style, Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Style On The Daily, Fashion Frenzy, Glitz n Glamour.





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

52 comments:

  1. I do agree, coloured pants are a fun twist on the classical look. I really like your office looks. Skinny jeans and a sleeveless tank is a great combo. I like both outfits. The necklace in the first one really caught my eye. It matches the green jeans nicely. When it comes to the second outfit, I love how the colours are soft and romantic. Great outfits, both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it's so nice to be able to wear pants and jeans again, Mica!;) I love both of your outfits! Both pairs of pants are lovely colours and look great how you've styled them. That bag is such a classic too and looks great with everything! Hope you've had a lovely long weekend, Mica! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's always so good when autumn weather finally rolls around!

      Delete
  3. I have a pair of trousers nearly identical that I've linked here.The blouse you have paired with yours is so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like pretty tanks and they are both beautiful but I am drawn to the colors on the second outfit! That's awesome that's it's Autumn there in Brisbane. It's feeling like Summer in my neck of the woods and I just want to hibernate! Yeah, no super thrilled it's been mid-80s around here already. I hope you had a good weekend and happy Monday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mica, I love both outfits, but the first is absolutely something I would wear! I may have to see what I have in my closet to style something similar! You look fabulous, my friend. Have a great week!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great combo, probably why my boss wears it so much! :)

      Delete
  6. You are dressed perfectly for autumn! Love the way a colorful tank adds a little spice to a simple and comfortable work look - I think that is key - looking good while being comfortable! Have a great week Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you can get away with colored jeans for a more casual work environment! Both of these outfits are so cute for the office! The second outfit is my favorite with your beautiful scarf!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. You almost make me wish for fall again and it is almost summer here! I do enjoy summer but it does get really hot and humid here in the South of the US... But I do try to enjoy each season while it is here!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your looks - the blazers with the colored pants are super cute.Now. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around you getting into autumn out there! I hope you have a great week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, our seasons are complete opposites of yours! :)

      Delete
  10. Love the blazer of the first and I adore the color combination of the second! Both wonderful transitional looks! Thanks for the link up.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great start of the week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these outfits....it's amazing how you can make jeans look so professional!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both of these! Colored pants (or jeans) area really a great way to avoid wearing regular jeans. I need to do that more often, haha. But I'm just so obsessed with regular jeans it's a hard habit to break.
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been gone from the blogosphere for a few weeks, so I'm seeing your cut for the first time and I absolutely love it on you! You look so sophisticated and polished in both these outfits. The skinny jeans are a great option for the office with either a nice top or blazer. Very chic. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a big change, I was able to donate so much!

      Delete
  15. Such nice looks, Mica. I'm appreciating seeing your green pants, as most of us have put ours away in the States. The chiffon scarf is so pretty and feminine <3!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving the navy blazer and olive pants! I would totally wear a similar outfit to work. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel the same way about colored pants. I even have my husband wear colored jeans to work now. I feel so much more dresser when I wear colored pants to work. I so need to wear my blazers more.

    I hope you had a great weekend. It rained all weeked here. So we worked on the house and ran a few errands.

    Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of these outfits are beautiful Mica! I love the green pants with the blazer and adding the necklace was a great choice. And that scarf is really pretty too. I hope you have a great week!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that first outfit—you look so polished and pulled together, and that Balenciaga bag is so fab!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so cute and I really like your hair short!! Have a great week hun!
    xx- Nina

    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/05/tiered-floral-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sheer peach-coloured scarf is such a lovely accessory to have in your wardrobe! It looks super feminine and ideal for transitional seasons :) I hope you have a fabulous week ahead!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love both outfits but I actually have a pair of moss green pants that look like the ones in the first picture. I'm getting used to the idea that olive is a great neutral and trying to be more bold about the combinations I wear. I added my latest post to the weekly linkup but screwed it up somehow so the picture area is totally blank :/

    I hope you have an awesome week!

    Ruth
    www.VogueFauxReal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking though! :) I am trying to be more bold with my olive pants too, wearing a lot of neutrals with them!

      Delete
  23. Love how you styled these sleeveless tanks! They are so perfect for under blazers, cardigans, and coats!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love these outfits. I work in a University bookstore, so I can dress up or down, but I always try to look polished and professional even if I am wearing jeans. Wearing a blazer over a nice top or a tee with a scarf and jacket is a great way to take a jeans outfit up a notch. Love your style! - Amy
    https://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the leaf print tank!! Great colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. My first thought when I saw that top picture was, "Mica looks like a boss!" Ha! It's a really good business casual outfit, and I think the necklace makes it.

    I struggle with some pastels like this scarf, as they disappear in photos, even though they look great in person. You are not alone!

    Have a great week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! Probably why my boss wears this outfit formula so often!

      Delete
  27. Love the blazer! And that Balenciaga bag is so iconic!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love you hair! You're making me want to chop mine too :) Have a great week!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do it! It's so nice to be able to donate it! :)

      Delete
  29. Your boss has some great style! I love a good blazer!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. The work outfit is so classy
    new post
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/05/summer-clothes-vacation-outfits-dresses.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are so cute! I love that you can wear sleeveless tanks all year!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great color combo in both outfits, Mica:) Totally stealing that khaki jeans-with-navy-blazer look:D And of course, love the accessories as always.
    Hope you're having a lovely Tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Unlike me, you do suit a pair of skinny trousers. Both tops are cute, but I especially love the first one, which has a bit of a retro vibe going on. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Mica
    Love your boss style. You are very elegant. Its nice to unpack things and start to wear them after a new season.
    You look lovely in both looks.
    Xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. So chic here lady- and I'm seriously loving your hair!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loving the colorful pants, I can't get enough of olive pieces <3

    ReplyDelete
  37. You look so beautiful in your casual style and Mica you certainly make a casual look work so effortlessly. You are so gorgeous and your new hair do and I know I've said it before, suits you so wonderfully.

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely look as always, and I like your new hair cut too!

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  39. These outfits work really well, and I love the second look. The sheer scarf adds a light and airy aesthetic to it. I am always carrying a blazer for work, when it gets cold.

    ReplyDelete
  40. i like both looks Mica, you look very stylish
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the blazer on you, that's so pretty! Such a pretty scarf too!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your blazer and that soft pink scarf is so feminine and pretty on you. Colored jeans are a fun way to wear denim in the fall too. You know I love that bag!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks all for your lovely comments, and for joining the link up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...