Wednesday 24 October 2018

Two Ways To Wear Navy: With Green Or Purple Skinny Jeans

Again, taking advantage of some cooler spring days with a bit of rain to layer up a little. It meant I could try layering my navy cardigan with my colourful jeans. While blue and green is a colour combination I've only recently started wearing, blue and purple is an old favourite. The navy waterfall cardigan was the perfect topper with both of these outfits, especially when paired with the navy Regan bag.

What I wore:

navy waterfall cardigan, green skinny jeans, printed tank and regan satchel | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon with green jeans | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram | green asos petite skinny jeans with navy waterfall cardigan, regan bag and printed tank
JacketJeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle
Necklace: Kmart gold and navy beaded necklace
TankJeanswest Florence print long line tank
Jeans: thrifted ASOS petite green skinny jeans
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

Bit of a busy day when I wore this! I had a few errands to run with the boys in the morning, after having a mobile tailor come over and hem a few pieces for me. I wore this out to watch Church Online at my friends place in the evening too.

You might remember me mentioning before that my normal tailor retired, so I was on the lookout for someone similar. I've tried the 'chain' stores in the shopping centres and been unhappy with the results and the price. MAMAS Mobile Alterations Mending and Sewing was recommended to me and I'm so glad. She came over, set up her machines and got to work on the little pile of alterations I had. In an hour she had fixed or altered 4 pieces for me, it worked out really cheaply as you pay for an hour instead of per item. Not sponsored, I just think it's an awesome service, especially as she didn't mind that I had the boys running around at home too!

Back to the outfit! I knew I wanted an extra layer in the morning and evening so picked this navy cardigan to wear with the green jeans - and I'm glad I did as I really loved this combination. It definitely wasn't needed during the day, but came in helpful running around the shopping centre aircon in the morning and it was nice to have in the evening too.


Last worn: navy waterfall cardigan, button up printed tank, green skinny jeans, gold Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff regan tote.

Other ways to wearnavy waterfall cardigan and little black dress, button up printed tank and flares, green skinny jeans and mustard cardigan, Rebecca Minkoff regan tote and wrap dress.

Perfect for pregnancybutton up printed tank in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Regan Edition!







What I wore:

purple skinny jeans, gold and navy printed tank, waterfall cardigan wet spring day outfit | away from blue

purple skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon | away from the blue

Awayfromtheblue instagram | Wearing a navy cardigan with purple skinny jeans and aztec print gold tank
JacketJeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle
Necklace: Lovisa gold filigree heart pendant
TankAtmos&Here 'Florida' tank in Aztec print
JeansJeanswest blackberry super skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

Since I loved the outfit combination above so much, it made sense to wear something similar again. You might remember I've worn these purple jeans and navy cardigan together before, I really like the combination of colours. I was looking up how many times I'd worn these jeans to see if I could get a 30 wears post together and I was surprised I hadn't worn this tank with the jeans before, I was sure I had. Gave me the idea to actually wear the combination together. I like the navy and gold with the purple jeans, and the navy in the printed tank tied in so nicely with the cardigan and the Rebecca Minkoff regan bag.

I wore this to take the boys to BrisBricks - a big lego exhibition in Brisbane. While I knew we'd be indoors and away from the rain, I thought the cardigan would be good in the aircon at the event. I was glad I'd worn this, after we got soaked walking from the carpark inside. 2 adults and 2 kids don't fit under one tiny umbrella! It was nice having it to keep me warm as I shivered in the hall - although how much of that was the air conditioning and how much of that was because we got wet outside I don't really know!


Last worn: navy waterfall cardigan (above), printed tank, purple skinny jeans, mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag (above).

Other ways to wearnavy waterfall cardigan worn two ways, printed tank and shorts, purple skinny jeans and kimono, gold mouse flats and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancyprinted tank in second trimester, purple skinny jeans in first trimester, metallic mouse flats in third trimester.


Navy Cardigans Under $50:



How You Can Wear It:

It's so easy to introduce another colour to your outfit by throwing a cardigan on top. Paired with bright jeans, or any other colourful item of clothing, it's a fun way to try some different colour combinations with your outfit. I've worn navy with purple and green here, but you could also try navy with pink or other neutrals like black, white or grey.


Linking up with Thursday Fashion Files, Fancy Friday, Weekend Wear, Flashback Fashion, Friday Faves.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

64 comments:

  1. Perfect - beautiful looks and love the way it's been styled! Hope you're having a lovely week and thank you for sharing! Always looking forward to seeing more!

    Layla x

    https://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green and blue combo would probably too much for e to feel comfortable in, but I like the blue and purple mix up.
    So sorry to hear you got soaked, I hope you won't get ill.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I was okay when I got home and dried off! :)

      Delete
  3. Navy has always been one of my go-to colours all year round. I don't feel too comfortable wearing too many bright colours, but navy is so perfect and easy to style. I really love that cardigan, and it's something that I'd love to wear myself, to be honest! Adore the way you styled it, as always, hun. Especially the second outfit - the shirt has such an interesting print, and I love the necklace! <3 xoxo

    Kay
    https://www.shoesandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! I love navy as it goes with so much :)

      Delete
  4. Love the combination of navy and green, also the second outfit is really cool!
    Have a wonderful day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE that navy bag! I've had my eye on a similar one but haven't purchased because I don't know if I have enough things to pair with it. Thanks for the color pairing suggestions here!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it will go with so much! I'm so glad I got mine! :)

      Delete
  6. I so want this Jeanswest cardi, Mica! It goes so well with anything:) I love both the color combos that you did.
    And I didn't even know there's such a thing as mobile sewing! How brilliant! I should look into doing something like this:)
    Have a lovely evening:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mobile sewing would be awesome for you! Definitely look into it, it's such a valuable service and I'm sure to use it again!

      Delete
  7. I love the navy and green together! I would never think to do that but it works beautifully. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me a while to work up to navy and green together but I really love it now!

      Delete
  8. I feel as though I've abandoned all my colored denim... but it really is a fun way to mix things up! I love the purple pair!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely don't see it around as much as you used to!

      Delete
  9. That's great that you were able to find a new tailor. That sounds like a really awesome service and so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a good service! I'm really happy! :)

      Delete
  10. Mobile alterations? Now that's a brilliant idea!! Gosh, we need that around here.
    And the green and blue is so fabulous together. I think about it but don't wear it often! Yet it's so eye catching!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie! It's a great colour combo,a dna wonderful service to have available!

      Delete
  11. I love your beg! Im about to go check your video! ♥

    PS. Im starting youtube chanel as well I woul love if we support each other :)

    http://nikolaknazikova.blogspot.com/
    New post/ http://nikolaknazikova.blogspot.com/2018/09/natural-cleaning-products.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. That awesome you find a tailor that would come to your house. Never thought to wear purple and navy together. Those are two colors I don't wear a lot.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could introduce you to the idea! I love blue and purple - all shades!

      Delete
  13. Love this navy cardi!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That navy cardigan really is the perfect topper, Mica! It looks great with both outfits and would go well with anything. The bag matches so well and the cardigan and bag together really add polish to both looks. Hope you're having a great week, Mica! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fab navy combo! Love how you paired it - looks simply divine on you :)

    Aicha | thefashionheist.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The navy and green are awesome together - good on you, Mica, for getting outside your comfort zone! I love the purple/navy/gold mix as well - it's very luxe looking.

    Wow, I would LOVE a mobile tailor! I would happily pay for someone to come to my house for a couple of hours and hem/fix/sew things for me. What a great idea.

    Oh, getting caught in the rain is the worst! I feel for you, hon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I am trying to be more adventurous with colour :) And I hope you find a similar service - I love it!

      Delete
  17. wow they are such great looks! never thought of matching navy with green though! but it looks so chic! thanks for the tips, Mica! x
    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. NOT A BAD IDEA TO COMBINE AT ALL, THE 1st outfit is nice
    .
    .

    share your thoughts
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/10/what-my-pastor-said-in-church-on-sunday.html

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The green and the purple! SO pretty! Love your outfits Mica! Oh I thought about you earlier when I posted my new scarf on Instagram stories!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute dear!! Nice post!
    Have a great day! xx

    La ilusión de Nina - http://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always seem to want to pair navy with green, but I've never tried purple! I need to try this soon! I would love to find a tailor to actually come to my house! That sounds so convenient, especially if you have a lot of pieces!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had a big bundle so it was super convenient for me!

      Delete
  22. Oh wow I wish we had a tailoring service like that... I am back to hunting for a new one.
    I am all for those fabulous green jeans ! I own yellow and burgundy pair but this is such a fab color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you use the tailor a lot so hope you can find one! Fingers crossed there is a mobile one near you!

      Delete
  23. That cardigan is so dreamy... I really love the top that you paired with the purple jeans! Have a lovely week!

    -PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

    Say hello and let’s follow each other <3 | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh that Lego exhibition sounds right up my son's alley. So fun. I love the color combos you have here Mica--the navy with the green and also the purple looks so pretty! The mobile tailor idea is so smart too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think this post just goes to show that navy can be worn with a lot. The other day I wore my navy Maje coat I got in Paris with black boots and a dark brown suede bag and some how it worked. You look great in navy and love the color jeans. And a mobile tailor? OMG that is amazing!!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That outfit sounds lovely Allie! I agree, navy goes with so much! :)

      Delete
  26. You sure know how to rock a colourful jean! I love the idea of a mobile tailor - not just cost effective but convenient too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You made such a simple combination stand out, that is so awesome :D
    Looking beautiful as usual!
    With love and light,

    Patricia & Miguel
    www.freeoversea.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both color combinations and looks are lovely! Green and blue is such a fresh combination and I love the deeper colors of the gold, blue and purple look.

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ohh your bag is so pretty! I hope you are going okay lovely! <3 Have a wonderful weekend xx

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great bag that goes with so much! :)

      Delete
  30. Cute outfits! Love the bold colour jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm a big fan of blue and green colour combos...and you wear them so well.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Navy and green is such a pretty combo! I'm loving your navy bag! Thank you for the inspiration!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  33. A mobile tailoring service! How awesome is that?! I've never heard of such a thing! You guys have all the cool stuff in Australia! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! It's awesome, so glad I found it!

      Delete
  34. That's so cool that you get a tailor to come to your home! I really love the loose printed tops you wore with your colored pants. Adds a nice contrast to the fitted bottom. Getting soaked and sitting in the aircon while soaked are both recipes for the shivers! I hope you will be getting the boys their umbrellas so that the momma can keep warm too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, we only had one umbrella in the car so I used that to keep the boys dry - they are more important! :)

      Delete
  35. I love navy colors! and you do rock them! I like the second outfit a little bit more but it's more of a feeling, I guess it goes for the lovely top

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love both outfits, but I really love the way it looks with the green. I feel we don't see this color combination as often, it really is so pretty!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely an under used colour combo!

      Delete
  37. This is such an adorable look dear! Love how the green pants pop up. So pretty for the season.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love a great pair of colored skinnies! Navy and green are a fave combo for me.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love blue with its nearest friends on the color wheel! And I love how you paired the navy and green without getting the "prepped out" look that is so common with that color combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! It's a fairly new colour combo for me but I'm enjoying wearing it!

      Delete
  40. Thanks all for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...