Thursday 15 April 2021

Olive and Black Outfits With White Jackets and Blue Mini MAC Bag

I feel I've been wearing a lot of black and olive recently! (Like here). It's a nice easy colour combination and it works well for autumn, even if I did try to lighten it up a little in these outfits with the white jacket and the blue mini MAC bag.


What I wore:

Nobody denim black siren skinny jeans outfit with olive embroidered tank, rebecca minkoff mini mac bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag with black skinny jeans | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | Nobody Denim siern skinny jeans white waterfall jacket olive tank

Earrings: Colette Joanne teal and gold multi drop disk earrings
Jacket: no label white drape jacket
Tank: Target embroidered khaki tank
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (c/o)
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag


Why I wore it:

First wearing of jeans for the season felt like a big milestone! it was a bit of a wet day and not too humid so I thought the jeans were a good choice. These Nobody Denim siren skinny jeans are so comfortable and of course go with everything in a classic black. I was a little worried about the sleeveless tank in case it got colder so I added this white light jacket on top - it was the perfect layer and lightened this outfit up a bit too. With the pretty embroidery at the neckline, I didn't think it needed a necklace but I did add some cute statement earrings. While turquoise and gold I thought they went well with the sky blue mini MAC bag.

Easy outfit for a busy day, helping in my son's classroom in the morning, running some errands and a trip to the library with the little one before sports in the evening.


Last worn: white waterfall jacket, gold disc earrings, olive embroidered tank, Nobody Denim skinny jeans, New Balance sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff sky blue mini MAC bag.

Other ways to wearwhite waterfall jacket and little black dress, olive embroidered tank and maxi skirt, Nobody Denim skinny jeans and floral kimono, New Balance sneakers and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff sky blue mini MAC bag and orange.

Perfect for pregnancywhite waterfall jacket in third trimester.


My Favourite Rebecca Minkoff Bag:






What I wore:

black striped tank and olive shorts outfit with white kimono blue and gold accessories earrings mini mac converse | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag with white crochet trim kimono | awayfromtheblue


Earrings: Piper gold and turquoise disc dangle earring
JacketShein lace trimmed crochet inset white kimono c/o
Necklace: Happiness Boutique turquoise and coral pendant necklace (C/O)
TankAtmos & Here Oregon stripe tank
Shorts: Jeanswest Tessa olive embroidered shorts
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag


Why I wore it:

Another olive and black outfit, again with a white topper, and another pair of gold and turquoise earrings! I followed Sheila's example and wore this to dress up for a zoom meeting at work. While I do wear actual clothes and not just loungewear on the days I work from home and do the school run, as you'd know from the simple outfits I share on those days I don't usually accessorise so much, that was just for the meeting. Made me feel nice and pulled together when I spent time with my mum in the afternoon too though.

I liked the gold and turquoise earrings and necklace to dress up this black striped tank and olive shorts outfit a little. I thought that the kimono was a nice way to dress it up a little more too, although with it being a quite humid day I took it off most of the time I was sitting at my desk. 

I also got caught up with a high priority issue and missed most of the meeting so I was feeling a bit silly for actually bothering to try dress up at first - but it was nice to put some effort in even if few people saw it! I've been trying to wear my pretty earrings more to add a little extra touch to my outfits as I enjoyed this accessorising.


How You Can Wear It:

Olive and black is a classic combo of two neutrals together and it works well even if you have a little extra detail on one of your pieces, like the olive embroidery I've worn here. A white coverup like a kimono or jacket is a good way to lighten up the combo too.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

57 comments:

  1. I can tell that you're truly Rebecca Minkoff's bag fan, aren't you? This shoulder bag suits any kind of style though, looks so chic!

    xoxo,
    |CHELSHEAFLO|

    www.chelsheaflo.com

    Instagram : @chelsheaflo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I love my Rebecca Minkoff bag!

      Delete
  2. What a cute white jacket! :)

    have a great day,
    Tiziana
    www.tizianaolbrich.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black jeans - great outfit. I get excited when the season starts changing and I get to actually start wearing jeans - I love it when the weather starts cooling!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not often you see you in jeans! They look really good on you. I have some black maternity jeans that I currently live!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely only for the colder months here! Too hot most of the time to wear them! I do miss my maternity jeans sometimes, they were so comfy!

      Delete
  5. I love the association of the olive with your grey blue purse.
    Theses 2 looks are really nice.
    xx
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a great color combo. I will definitely be sporting it in Summer since I have a lot of black tanks and some lightweight olive pants and shorts, haha! Oddly enough I don't have much cold-weather olive...
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous outfits! Really loving the tank with the great tassel details on the first look! The The jackets finish off both outfits so perfectly!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both outfits on you and such a cute handbag Mica. Thanks for the blog visit. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfits, Mica! I love the black jeans with the simple top - good call on the blue earrings to go with the bag (love that gold hardware!). Aw, you are so sweet! Thank you for the link! I'm so happy to have inspired you to dress up for your virtual meeting! You look awesome, and you really are Queen of the Kimonos! Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You inspire me in so many ways! I'm glad I found your blog :)

      Delete
  10. This a easy and very chic color combo, Mica, love it!
    I especially like the first outfit,you look very good!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like first outfit so much because these days I'm in similar combination all of time. Enjoy in weekend and I hope so that you have beautiful sunny weather.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/04/vichy-aqualia-thermal-rehydrating-rich.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color olive. Great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both great. You suit olive -D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Img!
    I love olive, and i love your jacket
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Black and olive is rather smart looking color combination, suitable for a range of styles and occasions as you've shown with your outfits. Well done!

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That gray blue purse is so pretty with both of these outfits. I really like the cut of the jacket in the first outfit!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That white kimono is so pretty and goes with so much! Love your first outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your rocking those jeans.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  19. Black and olive definitely look super chic paired together! I love the way you added in white to mix it up as well. So so stunning! That purse is beautiful as well. The size is just right!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never think to put olive green with black because I'm always searching for color. But I really love it with the striped top!! I'll have to try that.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great styling! I'm already waiting for the hottest days that short underpants and skirts could be made. the weather in us is fatal ...

    ReplyDelete
  22. These colours work so well together! x

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Getting dressed up is never a bad idea, even if only a few people see it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved these black pants and I loved the second look with All Star!
    Their two outfits are beautiful :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that tank top with its embroidered neckline worn with the black jeans in your first outfit, and both the white drape jacket and the lace trimmed kimono. The earrings are a wonderful finishing touch in your second outfit. Accessories can make all the difference, can't they? Wishing you a lovely weekend, Mica xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really can make a difference! I need to wear all my pretty earrings more often!

      Delete
  26. Hi
    I never thought of making this combination of olive with black! I think that's why I like the second look the most. These bags of yours are your brand image!
    Have a nice weekend!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The second outift is my favorite <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the outfits! The first outfit is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Olive green and black is a great combo. I love olive green. Well, I love all shades of green but still....
    The outfit with the black jeans and olive top is so fabulous. I also like your outfit with the shorts and the fancy earrings. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like these color combinations. Can't believe you're getting ready to welcome in fall.
    Have a great weekend!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. That first outfit has a nice casual chic vibe, Mica. I like olive and black. And I love your statement earrings in the second look. Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a great look!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love both looks! Olive is becoming one of my favorite neutrals. Enjoy your weekend!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I don't think I have an olive colored top nor bottoms and I guess I'm missing out! I love the color on you with the contrast of white.

    Have a great day and keep safe!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only added these to my wardrobe the past few years - I used to have no green in my wardrobe at all, olive is a good shade to start with! :)

      Delete
  35. Such cute looks, I especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Olive, black and white is such a pretty combination! I'm going to have to try it out for myself now that I've seen it. Thank for sharing these looks.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  37. Black and olive is a great combination and that bag is such a classic. I love your pearl bracelets too. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your black skinny jeans--they look great on you and with that top! And good for you dressing up to work from home. It's been leggings and tees every day here since last year, haha. (I also never have on-camera meetings.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We so rarely have them I figured I may as well try dress up for one, haha!

      Delete
  39. Loving your black jeans and the stripy top soon! Lovely outfits for spring time x

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love that shade of blue, and it goes great with your skin tone!
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  41. Looking lovely as always:) I love olive and it looks fab on you. Such a great neutral colour. And honestly, dressing up even if only a few people sees it, is always a win especially nowadays:)

    ReplyDelete
  42. These white jackets are wonderful layering pieces. Fabulous looks!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very casual but looking good. I like the combination as it is pleasing and not too bright. I am more of a pastel person. I love skinny jeans and embroidered shorts. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your outfit is really great. I love your chucks. Have a nice day. Best regards Jana

    ReplyDelete
  45. I like the blouse and white jacket in the 1st picture.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the colour olive green, and it goes perfectly with the colour of your bag!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...