Wednesday 7 April 2021

White Tees, Shorts, Sneakers and Marc By Marc Jacobs Bags

Easy outfits for the hot days of autumn that are really just an extension of the summer heat and humidity! Pairing some white tees with shorts and my Marc by Marc Jacobs bags. Because even though fashion has moved on and the brand doesn't exist any more, I still love a classic bag!


What I wore:

white space dye tee, olive embroidered shorts, chunky platforms sneakers summer mum style | awayfromblue

Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | white space dye tee with olive embroidered shorts chunky sneakers MbMj fran bag

Necklace
Roie Designs feather, quartz and love charm long necklace
Tee: thrifted Kmart space dye cream and black longline top
Shorts: Jeanswest Tessa olive embroidered shorts
Shoes: Kmart white chunky platform sneakers
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown


Why I wore it:

This was the lightest outfit I could think of for such a hot and humid day - a soft slouchy printed white tee with loose pull on olive shorts. The chunky sneakers were nice and comfortable for a planned morning at the park after school drop off for my eldest.

I'd picked a new park to go to near a new tailor I wanted to try to get some maxi skirts fixed up. Unfortunately the park, while lovely, didn't have a shade cover. Not the best idea for such a hot day! Luckily the little one was happy to go for a walk round the park instead seeking as much shade as possible while he tried to "find a better park". Eventually the heat and lack of shade made us retreat back home to the aircon before school pickup in the afternoon.

I didn't need to carry much, a little snack and our water bottles along with the usual essentials, but I wore this big Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag anyway as I liked the way the carob brown looked with the olive embroidered shorts.


Last worn: space dye tee, feather necklace, olive embroidered shorts, chunky platform sneakers, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag.

Other ways to wearspace dye tee and kimono, olive embroidered shorts and cardigan, chunky platform sneakers and midi dressMarc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag in the office.

Perfect for pregnancyMarc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag in second trimester.





What I wore:

colourful printed kimono and crossbody marc by marc jacobs bag with black denim shorts and white tee outfit

Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr Q Convertible clutch in electric violet with Rebecca Minkoff Crystal Star Shoulder Guitar strap | away from blue

awayfromtheblue instagram | purple printed kimono white print tee denim shorts magenta bag


JacketThe Kindness Collective 'Kaleidoscope Dreams' printed kimono
Necklace: Kmart silver long circle pendant necklace
TeeCotton On The One Deep V tee in marle nep white body black 
Shorts: Jeanswest Heather Bermuda short in black
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bag: thrifted Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr Q Convertible clutch in electric violet with Rebecca Minkoff Crystal Star Shoulder Guitar strap


Why I wore it:

This was a much more colourful outfit than the first one, and thankfully a much cooler day! I also had the benefit of working from home between the school run and not having to be out in the heat!

I've worn this pretty magenta Marc By Marc Jacobs convertible clutch with pink a few times since I first thrifted it, but I really wanted to try it with purple too. It was a great combination! This purple printed kimono has a few colours in the print which made it a nice topper with the otherwise monochromatic black denim shorts and white tee outfit. The white tee has a bit of texture to it that looks almost like a print, but it is so subtle it still worked as a good base with the colourful printed kimono. Decided not too fuss over my hair too much but it certainly looks like it could have done with a little straightening that morning 😂


Last worn: purple printed kimono, white v-neck tee, circle necklace, black denim shorts, New Balance sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff bag strap, Marc by Marc Jacobs convertible clutch.

Other ways to wearpurple printed kimono and matching jeans, white v-neck tee and culottes, black denim shorts with a dress, New Balance sneakers and midi, Rebecca Minkoff bag strap on love bag, Marc by Marc Jacobs convertible clutch with pink tee.



How You Can Wear It:

Shorts and a tee is a summer staple, perfect for mum life or working from home. For a little extra interest in your outfit you can pick a white tee that has a bit of print or texture, or add a bright kimono on top.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

51 comments:

  1. Both outfits look perfect for a hot summer day :)
    and the bags are really cute!
    hope you have a nice day, kisses!

    My blog - Lalabetterdayz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these looks, especially that colorful kimono! You have such an amazing kimono collection Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Mica,
    Well, if it is rainy now than you don't need to dress like that...
    But you look good in shorts!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems like the perfect summer casual look formula! I love the slouchiness of these bags.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such perfect looks for hot and humid days! Love the Kimono as a finishing piece and the long necklaces are gorgeous!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing my dear!  

    ReplyDelete
  7. love both outfits! can't wait to wear shorts here in Canada where i live!

    https://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, you look so cute in both outfits. Such a great outfits for hot summer days. I love the kimono♥

    xx Alexandra z 𝕄𝕊 𝔸𝕃𝕎𝔸𝕐𝕊 𝕃𝔸𝕋𝔼

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fab! I'm so looking forward to wearing summer clothes again! x

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marc Jacobs is no longer in business? How did I miss this?

    I love your summer clothes, Mica - these are both lovely outfits! I giggled at your son looking for a "better park" around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marc by Marc Jacobs was closed down a couple years ago. Marc Jacobs is still designing and the Marc Jacobs brand continues on :)

      His optimism is adorable!

      Delete
  11. Both outfits are so gorgeous! I'm glad you chose a nice light outfit for that super hot day! It's always hard to stay stylish and weather appropriate but you make it look so easy.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to hot summer days...just not yet! You make them cool and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prefect mom life outfits. I don't know how you change you hand bags out daily. I change mine out every 6 months or so.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like rotating through all my bags :)

      Delete
  14. That magenta clutch is so pretty! My daughter has told me her favorite color right now is magenta! Lol! I am looking forward to some of that heat here!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You totally rock these casual looks! Love the kimono!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your hair always looks nice Mica.
    And just because a brand isn't around doesn't mean we can't enjoy the pieces we have. I have a ton of brands that aren't in business now.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your outfits are very suitable for our weather.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so envious of you being able to wear shorts and lightweight comfy clothes. It's absolutely FREEZING over here right now, I have two jumpers on!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look great in both outfits you know? so now it's fall over there?
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's autumn, but our weather will stay pretty summery for a while I think, ha!

      Delete
  20. Cute shorts! The weather is finally warming up by me :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh i wish i could wear shorts. In Poland we still have cold weather:(

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had no idea Marc Jacobs was no longer in business!
    Two easy outfits to combat the Summer - or rather Autumn - heat!
    It probably won't surprise you that I love the second outfit the most. The kimono and thrifted (!) Marc Jacobs bag add a delightful pop of colour to our otherwise simple black and white outfit!
    I do hope some slightly cooler weather is coming your way, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marc by Marc Jacobs was closed down a couple years ago. Marc Jacobs is still designing and the Marc Jacobs brand continues on :)

      Delete
  23. That bag is beautiful! I am really digging those green shorts in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look so nice and put together in both of these outfits! I love the color of both handbags!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi
    When I like a brand I am always sad when it disappears from the market !! You and your bags are your brand image !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your bags, they do look good with anything really! xx
    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the olive shorts. The little flowers just make that outfit - it's my favorite.

    Hope all is going well in your corner of the world.
    Grace & Peace, Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fun looks Mica, thanks for sharing them. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look lovely in these dresses Mica. I did not know Marc Jacobs brand has closed down. Thanks for sharing :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Marc by Marc Jacobs was closed down a couple years ago. Marc Jacobs is still designing and the Marc Jacobs brand continues on :)

      Delete
  30. I’m having problems posting my comments here, so this is one is just a test!
    Mary x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments got through :) I just have all comments to moderation to avoid spam! :)

      Delete
  31. I’m having problems posting my comments here, so this is one is just a test!
    Mary x.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I’m having problems posting my comments here, so this is one is just a test!
    Mary x.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I’m having problems posting my comments here, so this is one is just a test!
    Mary x.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Purchased my first Cotton On tees after seeing them on your blog. In love!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...