Monday 19 April 2021

Weekday Wear Link Up: Blue Kimonos, Tanks, Denim Shorts, Sneakers and Rebecca Minkoff Bags

For today's Weekday Wear Link Up, keeping things simple with kimonos and denim shorts again. Trying to break up the monochromatic look of blue denim shorts and navy printed kimonos with interesting tanks too.


What I wore:

navy tie dye kimono, complimenting accessories, shorts and mustard tank | away from blue

tie dye kimono with Rebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | navy tie dye kimono mustard yellow tank bermuda denim shorts


Jacket: Jeanswest Kensley summer tie-dye kimono
Necklace: thrifted blue statement beaded necklace
Tank: Jeanswest Maya gather back tank in chartreuse
Shorts: Jeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts
Shoes: Kmart white chunky platform sneakers
BagRebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag


Why I wore it:

I loved this outfit! So much so that I repeated the Bermuda denim shorts, yellow tank and navy printed kimono outfit again, just with a different kimono a couple weeks later! I just loved the way the mustard tank went with the navy tie dye kimono. Colourful but also easy to pull together for a busy day. After the school run we hit up some local opshops, and then ran around a couple different supermarkets looking for last minute party things and cake ingredients for my son's party that weekend. Woolies really let me down there but by the second store that had no stock despite saying they had it online, I'd come up with another plan for my son's cake that thankfully worked well!

As my focus was on everything we needed to buy and do for the party, I kept accessories as easy as possible - blue necklace and blue bag to compliment all the different shades of blue in the navy tie dye kimono. And of course sneakers for a lot of running around! 





What I wore:

navy border print kimono with metallic silver tank, distressed denim shorts and Rebecca MInkoff julian backpack | awayfromblue

navy printed kimono, denim shorts with Rebecca Minkoff Julian nylon backpack in bright blue | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | navy printed kimono metallic silver tank denim shorts sneakers rebecca minkoff julian backpack


JacketCotton On Alana Wanderlust kimono in floral mood indigo
Necklace: navy and silver circle pendant tassel necklace
Tank: Jeanswest Maji metallic tank in soft green and silver
Shorts: thrifted Jeanswest distressed denim shorts
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
Bag:  Rebecca Minkoff Julian nylon backpack in bright blue


Why I wore it:

This was such a humid day and since we were spending it outside I tried to pick a nice light outfit. This metallic tank was overdue a wear and such an easy combo with the distressed denim shorts. Wanted a cover up for my arms though despite the heat so went for this viscose kimono - it's lightweight and perfect on a humid day. Such a pretty navy print too!

Again I matched the accessories to the kimono with the navy tassel necklace and the blue Rebecca Minkoff Julian backpack. The only issue with this outfit was that at one point while playing in the playground with the kids I'd had my phone out for taking a pic. Instead of putting it back in the backpack I put it into the pocket of my shorts. Mild panic sometime later when another parent picked up a phone on the other side of the playground and waved it around and I realised my phone wasn't in my bag or pockets. Thankfully the lock screen is a family pic of us so it was easy to prove it was my phone 😅 And thankfully it was an honest person who found it!



How You Can Wear It:

Blue being my favourite colour, I have a lot of blue kimonos, but this 'tank, denim shorts and accessories matching the colour of the kimono' outfit formula will work for any colourful kimono you have! Matching accessories to the colours in your kimono is an easy way to make a bright statement topper work in your outfit.



Weekday Wear Linkup #117


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails






Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

78 comments:

  1. This would be a perfect beach outfit for the UK I love the Kimono xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute kimonos, Mica! I really like the first tie dye one a lot. So fun! And the colors are gorgeous. I am so ready to start wearing my kimonos, but we are not quite there yet weather wise. Soon though!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That longer kimono is the prettiest print and looks great with the shorts! Thanks for the link up and I hope your week is off to a great start!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your kimonos are so pretty! Love the first outfit with the mustard top! So glad everything turned out with your phone!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh you were so lucky that someone found your phone! Still shorts weather, that is nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, extremely lucky! I have no idea how long it was missing for!

      Delete
  6. Love both of these kimonos! I adore the contrast on yellow and blue in the first look. Thanks for the link up Mica1

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Bermuda shorts. I didn't get any last year when they were all the rage but I am thinking I need this length in my life, it's perfect. Also, kimonos are the perfect throw over as weather changes from mid-day to early evening. Hope the party was a hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. They are such a good length for days with the kids, and yes the party was so much fun :)

      Delete
  8. I'm loving the summery look with the tie dye! Have a great week Mica!

    Eileen | yesmissy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving how the blue looks with yellow! Thanks for hosting this link up!

    Life is a Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bright blues and mix with a classic denim style is absolutely gorgeous. Hope your having a great start to your week :)
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2021/04/effortless-workout-looks-im-obsessed.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the contrast the blue makes with the yellow kimono! Have a wonderful week!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the yellow and blue color combo! But both outfits are so perfect and loving the kimonos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kimonos and statement necklaces are the perfect way to add polish to your busy day outfits. Hope everyone had a great time at your son's birthday party! Thanks for the link up, and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen so many tie dye tops and dresses - it's so nice to see it in another form!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a nice collection of kimonos and you look so nice in both outfits. Enjoy the week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect outfits, love your style!

    Kisses,

    https://www.theartofpaloma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. the yellow and blue looks so good together :)
    have an awesome day,
    Tiziana
    www.tizianaolbrich.de

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that first outfit, kimonos always look lovely on you! Hope you manage to get the cake sorted. I loved Woolies when I was in Oz!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are usually pretty good - just frustrated me when I couldn't get what I wanted on this day, haha! Thankfully I got the cake done in the end!

      Delete
  19. Kimonos are really a staple for summer outfits, and you've got many so cute, Mica!
    Love both your outfits, especially the 2nd, you look very very nice!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like all things that you choose. Great post! 

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are lovely printed kimonos, also great bag collection. That red one is my favourite. <3
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love both these looks Mica. The blue kimonos are so pretty!
    So glad that you got your phone back too!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wish I can pull off wearing kimonos like you do! It looks great on you!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your first outfit is my favourite, Mica! I love the pop of mustard yellow with the blue, and that tie-dye kimono is absolutely gorgeous. Phew, weren't you lucky your phone was found by an honest person. I once left my handbag behind in the Ladies at a charity shop. Obviously I panicked, but luckily an honest person had handed it in at the till! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness I can't imagine leaving my bag behind! how nice it was returned to you!

      Delete
  25. You look great as usual.
    Thank god you found your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A lovely choice Mica, thanks for showing us. Thanks too for the #linkup Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This just goes to show how a kimono can be such an essential. It adds so much to the shorts and tee looks!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    Ps...that's not just phone drama...I call that a nightmare. At least it had a good ending
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm very lucky I got my phone back!

      Delete
  28. I bought some new blue basketball shorts this week, I'm just hoping that things warm up enough in the UK to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hope you get some warm weather soon! :)

      Delete
  29. This cocktail was really delicious =) Oh yes the cocktail course was so much fun.

    Great post. I like your style a lot =) Blue is always a nice colour to wear in every season =)
    Yes I had a nice weekend, hope you too =)
    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  30. Uh-oh, Minkoff makes knapsacks too?? Danger, danger! ;-P

    I LOVE the yellow top with the blue tie-dye kimono, Mica! That is an awesome combination! I'm so glad you found your phone!

    Thanks very much for the link-party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. haha yes as if I didn't have enough Rebecca Minkoff pieces.... thanks for linking!

      Delete
  31. That had to be scary about your phone. Happy you find it quick.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a relief that a nice person found your phone and returned it! I love both of these looks, especially the first. The yellow is so pretty, and I love that kimono too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. These outfits are so cute Mica! I really love that first one, the yellow and blue look so good together and the kimono is effortless. Hope you're having a great start to your week - it is snowing again and so dreary here!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank goodness you got your phone back! I would have been in a panic! Love your outfits here! That yellow tank is super cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just had a long comment disappear....sigh...anyhoo, I don't know if it'll post, but just wanna say again yay on finding your phone:D And love the RM backpack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. How frustrating it vanished! Thanks for commenting again!

      Delete
  36. Totally loving these kimono - shorts outfits! Especially the yellow and blue. What a great combination!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the summer look and the bags are so amazing Have a wonderful week Cris

    http://www.photosbycris.com.au/?p=14593

    ReplyDelete
  38. Those kimonos are both cute and I like how you styled them in a more casual way. The tie-dyed one is my favorite!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love these looks. Your kimonos are so fabulous.

    xoxo
    Liza
    www.lizacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi
    I also love your first look, when I like a look I also repeat it ahahah !! It is a trend the tie dye of your kimono is beautiful !! And, how lucky you were, you managed to recover your phone!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great post! Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  42. I like how this week you combine blue shades in your look and how every outfits look amazing. I hope so that you week start nice.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/04/tom-ford-lip-color-flamingo-chanel.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. You have very fine outfits;)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wau, blue really suits you. I love how you pair it with yellow. Looks soo goood

    xx Alexandra z 𝕄𝕊 𝔸𝕃𝕎𝔸𝕐𝕊 𝕃𝔸𝕋𝔼 / INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the way a kimono can add so much breezy interest to a look!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  46. Both outfits are super cute. I love pairing a kimono with shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love your look. The kimono is beautiful.

    https://www.biigthais.com/

    Kisses ;*

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love both these kimonos. The yellow and blue combo in the first outfit is pretty!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Blue and yellow is such a great colour combo. I love this tie-dye kimono! It looks amazing paired with bermuda shorts and a yellow top. Such a great look and as you said, not too hard to put together. The outfit with the blue kimono is fabulous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Looking very cute in your shorts and kimonos. Hope the birthday party went well. Many thanks for hosting Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love kimono looks, they look so cool.
    xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  52. It is always so frustrating when you need to run from one place to the next trying to find something. I'm glad you were able to make something work! Both outfits are incredible, but I especially love that first look. The combination of the colours is just...perfection! And that kimono is absolutely stunning.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Such pretty outfits.
    I love your kimono.
    And I love the yellow and blue combo.
    xx
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love kimonos, I have 2
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  55. I really liked this kimono, it was beautiful on you! :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  56. These kimonos are so gorgeous and you look wonderful in both outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I am a huge fan of blue also, and I can see why you love your kimonos! They are so versatile!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hello Mica !.

    The combination of yellow and blue looks eyecatching and energetic. Perfect mix of clothes for a vacation to the beach.

    Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the yellow top. Ohh and I feel like I haven't worn bermuda shorts in forever. Wonderful looks Mica!
    Have an amazing day!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a staple for me with mum life! :)

      Delete
  60. Hi again Mica,

    Nice to see your kimonos back on the blog! These are perfect for those transitioning days right? Like that humid day when maybe a jacket could feel like too much but you needed something to cover up, so this light kimono is the perfect option to replace a heavy jacket.

    I like both combinations, but the first one with the yellow is fantastic and really happy, actually I am obsessed with yellow lately, specially mustard yellow.

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love how bold you are with your colour combos! As someone who lives in denim and black, it's so inspiring!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love all the blue, and it looks so nice against that pop of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I'm glad you got your phone back.

    Both outfits were lovely! I really like the combination of denim shorts and kimonos.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete

  64. Thanks all for your sweet comments - and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...