Wednesday 7 February 2024

Office Outfits: Textured Pencil Skirts And Black Tops

With the summer holidays ending, it's back to the office for me. Still sticking with my mix of working from home some days and working in the office on others. Kept things easy for the return to work life with black tops and textured pencil skirts. And added a little colour with my Polene numero neuf mini bag.


What I wore:



Necklace: silver twisted chain necklace
Tank: Kmart linen blend textured black tank
SkirtCotton On 'Mica' mesh spot skirt in dusty pink
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagPolene numero neuf mini in textured mauve 


Why I wore it:

I love this twisted metal necklace against the v-neckline of this linen blend tank. I wasn't sure it would look so good when I added the bag, which has gold hardware, with the silver necklace making such a statement. But I think they were enough of a distance away in my outfit that they worked.

And the lilac bag works well with the pastel pink of this textured polka dot pencil skirt. I've had it for years and I'm always surprised I haven't yet hit 30 wears with it!

Added comfortable Converse for the commute and I did consider a blazer with this, but it was much too hot to want to add the additional layer.


Last worn: linen blend tank, pink polka dot pencil skirt, Converse, Polene numero neuf mini bag. First time I've worn the necklace as it was a Christmas present.

Other ways to wearlinen blend tank and jeans, pink polka dot pencil skirt and peplum top, Converse and dress, Polene numero neuf mini bag and linen dress.

Perfect for pregnancypink polka dot pencil skirt in first trimesterConverse in second trimester.





What I wore:




Necklace: Tiffany & Co silver 5th Avenue notes heart pendant necklace layered with Tiffany & Co pink double heart tag pendant necklace
Top: Kmart black batwing button up blouse (Christmas present)
Skirt: Target textured silver pencil skirt (Christmas present)
ShoesAdidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagPolene numero neuf mini in textured mauve 


Why I wore it:

I really liked this outfit! Both the top and the skirt are pieces mum picked up for me on our opshopping day before Christmas. The texture on the skirt is such a nice detail to differentiate it from my other grey pencil skirts, and it's very cosy in the cool aircon at work. I wasn't sure the shape of the outfit would work with the batwing blouse over the pencil skirt but I'm pleased I gave it a go. It was so comfortable and it got a few compliments in the office!

Added some layered Tiffany necklaces for a little detail near the neckline and again my little lilac Polene bag. With the black and grey outfit, some colour was definitely needed, and as I was working near the colleague who had let me try on her numero neuf mini before making the decision to get it, I was excited to show her what one I'd picked for Christmas!

Again went with practical sneakers - the Adidas Superstar sneakers are good for a rainy commute.


Last worn: Tiffany heart necklace, Tiffany notes necklace, Adidas Superstar sneakers, Polene numero neuf mini bag (above). First time I've worn the top and the pencil skirt as they are Christmas gifts.

Other ways to wearAdidas Superstar sneakers and dress, Polene numero neuf mini bag with pink.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

7 comments:

  1. Hello!
    You don't change Mica, the years don't pass you by, you're still young and beautiful and with beautiful outfits, my favourite is the first one! I hope everything is well with you! Take care!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both outfits are perfect for a day at the office, striking the right balance between casual and dressed! My favourite is the first one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Los dos looks son muy bonitos, me gusto la falda de puntos, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt in dusty pink looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really gorgeous work outfits! You look so chic and stylish. I'm glad you still get to work from home some days, though. That black Kmart shirt is stunning! It looks wonderful on you.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rocking these outfit. I can see why people compliments.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look nice and put together for office days.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...