Friday 1 March 2024

What I Bought In February And How I've Worn It: Thrifted Finds

After getting so many awesome clothes and accessories for Christmas, I wasn't expecting to be adding to my wardrobe so early into the year! However I came across some a few pieces I couldn't resist at the opshop. I mostly focus on books when I'm there, but also have a little browse through the clothes racks and accessories stands and often unearth some gems like I did on my last visit.



What I Bought:

  • thrifted cream resin bangle duo set
  • thrifted burgundy and cream beaded statement necklace
  • thrifted &Me blue linen button up midi skirt with pockets
  • thrifted Cotton On The one crew tee in green




How I've Worn It:


It's taken me a while to add midi skirts to my wardrobe - but after thrifting an awesome leopard print midi skirt last year, and getting a pretty green one from my mum for Christmas, I couldn't pass up this lovely linen button down one. It has pockets! And was just $1.

I wear a lot of tees so I always have my eye out for them at the opshop - this green one was in perfect condition, and I have a bunch of Cotton On tees in my wardrobe already, just no green ones. I'm finding it really easy to wear so far. I used to avoid anything green, but have been embracing the colour more these past few years. I think realising "blue and green should never be seen" is a silly rule has really attracted me to the colour, I love wearing green and blue together.


The accessories are fun statement pieces I instantly noticed on the accessories stands at the opshop. The resin bangles work well with the trio of colourful resin bangles I already own, I have been enjoying wearing them.

The necklace has been trickier to wear than I thought, but even it met the "wear twice in the month I buy it" goal I set for all new things I buy. With the burgundy beads I think I'll be pulling it out more often when I start to wear a lot of darker layers for the cooler months.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

6 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at the prices you get! Our pricing is much higher around here and it's frustrating! But so excited about your pretty skirt and love the bangles too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find some great items this month.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. That button up midi skirt is so gorgeous! I love how thoughtful you are about making sure you wear everything!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some gems this past month, Mica! I just love that blue midi skirt and how cool that it has pockets. That's always a plus!

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, my friend! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been very restrained and have worn your finds well! The chambray skirt and green tee are just perfect, both together and apart! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty nice outfits Mica! What happened with your other maxis though? I haven't seen your striped maxis a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...