Monday 18 December 2023

Black Tees, Jeans and Colourful cover Ups | Weekday Wear Link Up

We had some very stormy, wet weather at the end of spring in Brisbane, so it gave me an opportunity to wear my jeans again. I don't get to wear them much over summer as it's too hot for jeans, so it was nice to give them another wear while it was cooler. Keeping it simple, I wore both of these colourful sets of denim with black tees, my Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag, and some bright cover ups.


What I wore:




Jacket: thrifted no label tropical print tassel cover up
Necklace: thrifted wooden geometric bead necklace
Tee: thrifted Kmart short sleeve cotton modal tee in black
Jeans: thrifted ASOS petite green skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
Bracelets: the usual plus black and gold bracelet stack
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

The fun colours in this tropical palm print cover up go with so much. On this day I decided to wear it with some green to play up the green in the print. I liked the forest green jeans with this, even if it's a deeper green than the print. The geometric necklace went well with it too.

With all that green, a simple black tee, my Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag and white Converse were good neutrals.

This was a colourful and comfortable jeans and tee outfit for the school run, working from home, and then a quick errand in the afternoon after picking the kids up from school.


Last worn: palm print cover up, geometric necklace, black tee, green jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag.

Other ways to wearpalm print cover up and band tee, black tee and shortsgreen jeans worn 30 ways, Converse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag and blazer.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Cupid Reveal






What I wore:




Jacket: thrifted Cotton On maroon wanderlust floral border cover up
Necklace: thrifted gold and cream multi strand pearl necklace
TeeAtmos & Here black essential v-neck tee
Jeans: Jeanswest Harper skinny pant in Russet
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

Just like the outfit above, again I went with a plain black tee and then added a printed topper in a similar shade to my jeans. I think this floral print cover up pairs perfectly with the burgundy jeans! While it had been raining overnight it brightened up during the day, so I just wore my Havaianas, not needing to worry about it raining. I had the school run, working from home, and then the dentist in the evening.

I picked this big statement necklace as it's a fun mix of metallic neutrals and it brightened up the darker outfit a little. 


Last worn: floral cover up, metallic necklace, black v-neck tee, burgundy jeans, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag (above).

Other ways to wearfloral cover up and skirt, black v-neck tee over a dress, burgundy jeans and stripes, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag and shorts.



Weekday Wear Linkup #251


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails






Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

13 comments:

  1. Love this pretty cover up with the green jeans! It makes me want to be in warmer temps. I adore the reds in the second look as well. Thanks for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both outfits are gorgeous, but my favourite is the first one, with its shades of green and aqua! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a terrific outfit formula with the colorful jeans and kimonos + simple black T. I love the combination of green and aqua.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your colorful jeans: happy outfits!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these fun and colourful outfits! Those green pants are absolutely stunning. What a beautiful colour!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindos atuendos. Me gusta la camiseta negra.. Te mando un beso y te deseo una feliz navidad para ti y tu familia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These prints are both so cheerful and fun! Perfect to brighten up gloomy WFH days. =)

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wearing a coverup as a third piece is such a good idea! Love the green one especially—so dreamy!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colorful jeans and both of these outfits are fabulous. Beautiful jacket from the first outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!
    I heard on the news about the bad weather in Australia, very bad!!! I loved your colourful outfits, but my favourite is the first one!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love the bright colors! Definitely perfect for spring! I adore the kimono of the first outfit. So cute! The bag looks very practical as well

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color combination in the first outfit especially. The green and turquoise are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...