Wednesday 22 November 2023

Black Tees, Denim Shorts, and Printed Dusters

Two denim shorts outfits for spring with printed cover ups. Both have black tees, and a little pop of yellow.


What I wore:




Jacket: Jeanswest Delilah long line kimono in green floral
Necklace: thrifted wood and marble bead thrifted necklace with white string
TeeAtmos & Here black essential v-neck tee
Shorts: thrifted Jeanswest distressed denim shorts
ShoesSketchers Bountiful navy fabric sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5 zip 


Why I wore it:

Simple black tee and shorts outfit for the school run, working from home, and a physio appointment over lunchtime. I wanted to feel a little more pulled together so I added the green floral duster on top, it always adds more to a plain outfit. And the little yellow mini 5 zip bag was a great pop of colour. As I was just going to the physio and doing the school run when I wasn't working from home, a little bag was all I needed for the essentials.


Last worn: green floral duster, wooden necklace, black tee, distressed denim shorts, Sketchers, Rebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5-zip.

Other ways to weargreen floral duster and jeans, black tee over a dress, distressed denim shorts and stripes, Sketchers and dress, Rebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5-zip and jeans.






What I wore:




JacketJeanswest Kensley summer tie-dye kimono
Necklace: thrifted multi strand multi colour disc bead necklace with tassels
Tee: thrifted Kmart short sleeve cotton modal tee in black
ShortsNobody Denim mustard short shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual
Bagthrifted Stella McCartney Falabella fold-over tote in midnight black


Why I wore it:

A very similar outfit formula to the one above, with some very different pieces. Most of these are new purchases. The black tee and the black Stella McCartney Falabella bag are opshop finds! The mustard Nobody Denim shorts are ones I bought on ebay and I'm still a little unsure on - they are cute and so comfortable but they are also a bit shorter than I would usually go for (I didn't check length measurements before bidding!). Much like the yellow bag in the first outfit though, I liked the pop of colour these mustard shorts added to the neutrals in my outfit.

The tassel necklace added more colour too, as well as my old favourite tie dye cape.
It was a busy day as I spent some time with my family in the morning, my sister stayed for breakfast and we worked from home together for a few hours as well which was nice. After the school pick up I had to run a couple of errands in the afternoon too.


Last worn: tie dye cape, tassel necklace, Havaianas. First time I've shared the black tee, mustard shorts and Stella McCartney Falabella bag as they are recent opshop finds.

Other ways to wear: tie dye cape and pink jeans.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

3 comments:

  1. I love the pops of yellow in these outfits, Mica! You have made shorts and a t-shirt into stylish 'fits by adding these flowy dusters - just marvelous! Love that Stella bag - I am on the lookout for one like that now! Hope you have a good week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That green floral duster is so cute! It's always nice to have pieces like that to pull everything together! The second look is gorgeous as well. The shorts look fantastic on you, even if they are a little shorter than you prefer. <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute outfits.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...