Wednesday 11 October 2023

Colourful Jeans, Peplum Tops and Floral Painted Bag

With a surprisingly warm few days back in September for the start of spring in Brisbane, I was able to skip the blazer for my office outfits. It does make these feel a little dressed down without that formal layer on top, but both these days were quiet days without too many people from my team in the office.

A peplum top and colourful jeans was an easy outfit choice for these days.


What I wore:




Necklace: adjustable coral flat bead necklace
Tee: thrifted black and white space dye peplum tee
Jeans: Jeanswest Harper skinny pant in Russet
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
Bracelets: the usual
Bag: Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila


Why I wore it:

I love this peplum tee, it's super comfortable to wear! It's not the first time I've worn it with these burgundy jeans either, such an obvious choice with the neutral black and the burgundy working well together. The black ballet flats were a nice bit of matchy-matchy with the black top too.

Even with the cute floral bag to add a little more colour and interest to this outfit, I felt it was still lacking something so went with a bright statement necklace. The coral beads of this necklace are very different from the burgundy red shade of the jeans, but I liked the extra pop it gave the outfit. Even if looking at the photos now it doesn't all go together as nicely as I'd felt it did when rushing to work that morning!


Last worn: peplum tee, coral necklaceburgundy jeans, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff personalised mini MAB tote bag.

Other ways to wearpeplum tee and yellowburgundy jeans and stripes, black ballet flats and skirt, Rebecca Minkoff personalised mini MAB tote bag and printed dress.

Perfect for pregnancy black ballet flats in third trimester.





What I wore:




Necklace: thrifted multi strand multi colour disc bead necklace with tassels
Top: Kmart black sleeveless frill hem peplum tank
Jeans: thrifted ASOS petite green skinny jeans
ShoesWalnut Melbourne Ava white leopard ballet flats
Bracelets: the usual
Bag: Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila


Why I wore it:

This is the exact same outfit formula as the outfit above, but I think it is a lot more colourful and fun - maybe it was the multi coloured tassel necklace, or the leopard print ballet flats, but I liked this outfit a bit more than the one above. The black peplum tank is one I've worn to the office a few times, but this is the first time I've worn it with the green jeans which is a surprise - over the 30+ times I've worn these jeans I've worn them with a lot of black!

With the simple black and green, I felt that these leopard print ballet flats were a good shoe choice, and they were definitely overdue a wear! A warm dry spring like we are having in Brisbane right now is a good time to wear them as I don't worry about them getting dirty from mud or wet from rain.


Last worn: black peplum tank, tassel necklace, green jeans, leopard print ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff personalised mini MAB (above).

Other ways to wearblack peplum tank and shorts, green jeans worn 30 ways, leopard print ballet flats and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff personalised mini MAB and dress.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

8 comments:

  1. Mica, you look so nice in both of those colorful skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these peplum shirts! I wish I had some in my own wardrobe, because they are so fabulous. That purse is fantastic as well and I really love that tassel necklace.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I always smile to see that bag! Love the outfits - the 2nd one is my fave, all because of those great green jeans. Hope you are doing well, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving both of your outfits here, Mica. Perhaps the second one a bit more because of the green jeans! And it's always lovely to see Sheila's bag! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your custom bag is such a fun compliment to these looks. Always enjoy seeing you wear it!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The peplum tops are super fun and look great with the skinny jeans. I love the print/illustration on this RM bag. Just darling. You look great in both looks : )

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those green pants are amazing.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...