Monday 7 October 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup! Printed Tanks, Waterfall Cardigans & Grey Pencil Skirts

Wearing some bright tanks into the office for today's Weekday Wear Linkup. The bright colours seemed so perfect for spring, and the cosy cardigans on top were needed in the cooler morning and evening commute.

What I wore:

red waterfall cardigan with leaf print tank grey jersey pencil skirt spring business casual office outfit | awyafromblue

red cardigan and pencil skirt with Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue | leaf print tank jersey pencil skirt rebecca minkoff mab tote spring office outfit
Earrings: Kmart teal tassel earrings
JacketJeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in scarlett marle
Necklace: thrifted blue multi stand long beaded necklace
TopJeanswest Elissa leaf print tank
SkirtAtmos&Here grey marle jersey pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy

Why I wore it:

I really liked all the colours in this outfit! This grey jersey pencil skirt might be a little too casual for some offices, but in my business casual office it works fine, especially with a cute printed top. This leaf print tank is a firm favourite and one of those pieces that looks just as good with shorts as it does with a skirt for the office! The red cardigan matched the red leaves in the print nicely, and added even more colour to the outfit.

With the navy Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote bag and the navy necklace matching, I decided to throw in just a little extra colour and wear my newly purchased teal earrings with this outfit. I really liked the extra touch of colour and the statement earrings worked well even with the statement necklace.


Last worn: red cardigan, navy beaded necklace, leaf print tank, grey jersey pencil skirt, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff MAB tote bag. First time I've worn the earrings on the blog as they are  a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearred cardigan with monochrome black outfit, leaf print tank worn two ways, grey jersey pencil skirt and kimono, silver ballet flats and skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff MAB tote bag and sheath dress.

Perfect for pregnancygrey jersey pencil skirt in third trimester, silver ballet flats in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff MAB tote bag in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Medium MAB Tote










What I wore:

coral striped tank with navy waterfall cardigan grey pencil skirt and turquoise necklace | away from blue

heart and tassel bag charm on Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy | away from the blue
JacketJeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle
Necklace: thrifted Equip turquoise cream multi strand bead necklace
TankJeanswest 'Hannah' print tank in paradise pink multi
SkirtAsos tailored tab front pencil skirt in grey
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
BagRebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy

Why I wore it:

Same outfit formula as the one above, just changing up the colours slightly! Again I went for a grey pencil skirt with a cosy cardigan, a navy one this time that matched the Rebecca Minkoff MAB tote nicely. I added some colour to these neutrals with the coral brushstroke striped tank and a turquoise and white beaded necklace. This necklace is another new purchase, an awesome thrift find and a nice way to introduce another colour to my outfit.

Couldn't decide what flats to wear with this so went with this camel pair that go with everything. A simple outfit for a busy day at work.


Last worn: navy cardigan, brushstroke stripe tank, grey pencil skirt, camel ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote bag (above). First time I've worn the necklace on the blog as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearnavy cardigan belted, brushstroke stripe tank and skinny jeans, grey pencil skirt and jumper, camel ballet flats and wrap dress, Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote bag and winter layers.

Perfect for pregnancybrushstroke stripe tank in second trimester, grey pencil skirt in second trimester, camel ballet flats in third trimester, Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote bag in third trimester.



Waterfall Cardigans Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A cosy waterfall cardigan in a plain block colour is a nice way to add comfort, warmth and extra colour to your outfit. You can keep it simple and match it to the print in your top, or add a contrasting colour to a bright top like I have in the second outfit.






Weekday Wear Linkup #39


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Don't forget to leave a comment on this post to enter the giveaway and win a scarf!



Linking up with Confident Twosday, Trend Spin, Turning Heads, Style On the Daily, Fashion Frenzy, Oh Hey Girl, Style Six, Fashion Files, Chic And Stylish.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

73 comments:

  1. You look super bright in this Mica, bet you're getting ready for summer now, how lovely. Thanks for hosting and have a great week. x Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the red cardigan paired with they grey pencil skirt, this colour combo adds sophistication. The brush stroked t-shirt is very cute and I like the injection of the turquoise colour to it. Hope you have a good week and the weather stays nice and warm
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your red cardigan Mica! It's bright, bold and beautiful. Where did you get your key ring from? I am smitten with it! I hope you had a great weekend and happy Monday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the cutest?! I couldn't resist, it was an impulse buy at Kmart.

      Delete
  4. These are such beautiful outfits for the office! I especially love the first; the orange cardigan looks so stunning on you and great paired with the grey. Great styling, as always, babe! Thanks for sharing and I hope you're off to a great start to your week so far!

    XO,
    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarlet cardigan is so great! I love the color on you. You create some of the best color combinations in your outfits. So pretty!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to be more adventurous with colour!

      Delete
  6. Love the first outfit! The red and grey is such a pretty combo!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfits and love that bag! Have a great week.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous tote this is! I adore the color. Both office looks are so chic. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pop of colours in both outfits and you look fab as always:) Perfect for spring for sure, but even for fall/winter, these outfits would look great.
    happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am wearing my rust waterfall cardigan as I type this, I love it on top of everything in fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping to add a rust cardi to my wardrobe this winter but didn't find the perfect one - maybe next year!

      Delete
  11. I have on a long cardigan today at work myself.. its not a bright one but I wish it were - I love a pop of color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like those cardigans. The bright color is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Rebecca Minkoff bag is one of the most versatile bag! They're work appropriate but I think they're so stylish to wear outside of work! Both work outfits look cute!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that top outfit! The tank is so pretty and the cardigan pulls the color perfectly.
      www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

      Delete
  14. Great workwear outfits! Your navy tote is such a classic bag. Great way to complete the look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The red cardigan is such a great statement piece and I love your bag! Thanks for hosting the link up! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look terrific. You've style both outfits perfectly and really love your bag as well.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like so much both of this outfits- so chic and elegant version of you. I hope you had wonderful weekend :-)

    All the best in upcoming week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bag looks so profession! I like to add some extra/unexpected color with my earrings sometimes, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only started expanding my earring collection recently but I'm enjoying doing that :)

      Delete
  19. The first red cardigan is beautiful on you! I love this kind of layered look in spring weather and basically any time at the office!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the long cardigans, what perfect cover ups! Hope you had a great weekend :)
    Amy x
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a nice way to bring a pop of colour into an outfit! I think about my outfits and realise how boring they are haha!

    Hayley || hayleyxmartin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gimme all the brights! Especially for office style <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG. That scarlet cardigan is amazing! I absolutely LOVE that entire outfit. All the colors are fantastic! I hope you're having a wonderful week so far, Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I particularly love your first outfit: the print of your top is gorgeous, and I'm loving the colour of your waterfall cardigan! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved both looks, it was very elegant and beautiful and as the bags are very beautiful too :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cardigans are perfect for the season! They're the best for layering

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ah we too are having cool mornings and warm afternoons but for the opposite reason--moving in to fall. That long cardigan is a great way to do a pop of color. And the RM tote is so streamlined and chic and the heart is too cute. And yes you can not really go wrong with a gray pencil skirt for work.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE the bright red in the first outfit - that little pop of turquoise/teal is perfect for visual interest. While I like the second outfit, it feels like a bit to much navy for me - it overwhelms you a bit. I would swap out the navy bag for a red or turquoise one. You need red shoes, Mica! Get that "shoe game" going! ;-P

    Wishing you a wonderful week ahead, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I do have red shoes too! I need to wear them more often! :)

      Delete
  29. Great work outfits. I especially love the first one. The color is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The first outfit is definitely my favourite, I love the skirt and the pop of colour is lovely. Although the skirt might be too casual for some places it looks like a nice item that you could dress up or down x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it dresses up nicely for my office but my boss wears jeans through the week so it's not the most formal environment, ha!

      Delete
  31. Those colors are so pretty on you! I love the bright red and how much of a statement it makes!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's funny how the outfit formulas are the same, yet they really look so different.
    That bright cardigan looks so great on you Mica,
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty of just changing the colours! :)

      Delete
  33. The bag is absolutely gorgeous, i love it :)

    xoxo | Mona from http://lipstickverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that bright red cardigan! I like that you paired it with a gray skirt so the attention remains on the cardigan.

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your waterfall cardigans are really cute with pencil skirts! Your leaf print top has been very versatile for you! I love tops that can go from casual to the work place. Hope you are having a great start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the perfect tank for that, I love it so much!

      Delete
  36. The red cardigan looks amazing on you. I had a nice relaxing weekend at home. So far October has been a great month.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love that fabulously bright cardigan—red is a great color on you!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the red and grey! Such a pretty combo for any season!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  39. Unas fotos preciosas! Se te ve estupenda! Espero tu opinión en mi último post! Espero que tengas un buen día! ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  40. The colors are giving off uber autumnal vibes :)
    You look gorgeous :)

    - Marina W
    http://www.waitmarinawho.com/2019/10/those-chaotic-days-in-paris-france.html

    ReplyDelete
  41. love the look with the red cardigan and floral!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love it all.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. You look stunning in that first look. I really like the combo of skirt and top with that red cardigan! The pairing of pink and red tones looks so feminine and chic. I also really like the second combo. The grey skirt paired with a blue cardigan looks very elegant and the printed top is fun. Lovely outfits, both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Mica
    You look so chic with those pencil skirts, you look like a lady!!
    I like that outfit formula.
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love both outfits as they look super cozy with the waterfall cardis. The red one is so popping, you look so good in it! It's nice to wear bright colors sometimes and I love how you go adventurous with your accessories. Feels kind of bohemian and fun! Hope you are having a great week there. Sending you lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do like having fun with my accessories!

      Delete
  46. Love your tanks. Both prints & colors are so pretty

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love waterfall cardigans - they're so easy to wear. Your tote bag is stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  48. As usual you look so nice in your work attire. I love cardigans and the colors you chose go with everything. Your bag is so nice and I like the color as it will go well with your outfits! Hope you are having a nice week. Thanks so much for all of your lovely visits to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  49. wow love your style *_*
    https://chiaradipalma92.blogspot.com/2019/10/il-gioco-delle-100-domande.html

    ReplyDelete
  50. Looks beautiful, the bright Red top makes it more colorful.

    You got amazing blog here, following your blog now. Invite you to my blog, appreciate your follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love your cardigan! So practical and will never go out of style! xx

    https://www.crystalchiffon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  52. I adore that grey pencil skirt and red cardi pairing!! I think that's such a good colour duo, so pretty x

    brineandbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love how you wear a pencil skirt!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: HOW TO DRESS CHIC NOW

    ReplyDelete
  54. You look great, Mica.

    Love your tote, it looks good with pencil skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love both of these colorful looks! Those waterfall cardigans are so fabulous!!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. I totally see why you love the colors in the outfit!!! I do too and that RM bag will never go out of style. Thanks for linking up with us!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  57. such a fab outfit. Not something i could ever et away with wearing (such a tomboy), but you look fab hun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  58. I do love a waterfall cardigan, but I've never done a longer one before! Your pics are giving me serious inspo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the longer length - seems so cosy! :)

      Delete
  59. Thanks all for your sweet comments and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...