Wednesday 12 April 2023

Pink, Prints and Tank Outfits

Sharing two skirt outfits I wore recently with a few of my new purchases in March. Both have a pop of pink and some prints, but very different formulas and colours.


What I wore:

turquoise tropical print cover up with hot pink singlet and white denim skirt outfit | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather


Jacket: thrifted no label tropical print tassel cover up (new purchase)
Necklace: thrifted multi strand multi colour disc bead necklace with tassels
 (new purchase)
TankAsos satin singlet in pink
Skirt: Target classic denim skirt in white
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather (get it in pink)


Why I wore it:

I found this cover up on the scarf rack at the opshop! I loved the colours and tassels. It was as I pulled it off the scarf hook I realised it was actually a cover up - and so was definitely coming home with me! Such a fun and colourful piece, and just $1! I was thinking about a nice neutral top to pair with it when I saw this hot pink satin tank in my wardrobe and realised it would look great with the turquoise. There is a bit of purple and red in the print, but no pink. I still think the hot pink and turquoise really popped together!

The neutral white denim skirt, another of my March buys, was a perfect pairing with all of that colour. And I couldn't resist going a little matchy-matchy with my accessories - the aqua mini MAC bag matching the turquoise in the print, and the tassel necklace matching the tassels on the hem.

Nice and colourful for a regular day with the school run, working from home, and a couple of errands.


Last worn: pink satin tank, white denim skirt, Havaianas, aquamarine mini MAC bag. First time I've worn the cover up and the tassel necklace as they are recent opshop finds.

Other ways to wearpink satin tank and jeans, white denim skirt and green duster, aquamarine mini MAC bag with orange skirt.

Perfect for pregnancyaquamarine mini MAC bag in third trimester.


My Rebecca Minkoff Collection:







What I wore:

metallic tank with target ruffle hem leopard print skirt and prune mac bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff prune MAC with pom pom and tassel keychain and leopard print skirt | awayfromtheblue


Necklace: thrifted Eb&Ive black wooden bead multi strand statement necklace
Tank: Jeanswest Maji metallic tank in soft green and silver
Skirt: Target animal print ruffle hem mini skirt
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff prune MAC with pom pom and tassel keychain


Why I wore it:

This was another very rare kid-free day off! I have had a few more lately as I worked a few weekends and earned that time off during the week. After taking the kids to school I had time for a little opshop browse (where I got the pieces in the outfit above) and I spent some time with my mum before we picked up the kids from school in the afternoon.

I wanted to wear this cute leopard print skirt I got from Target again. I really like pink and leopard together, I wore this skirt with pink last time I wore it too. The magenta Rebecca Minkoff MAC bag was a deeper pink with it, and I really liked it. The silver tank felt a little plain though, so I added this black statement necklace which matched the black in the leopard print and I think it really completed the outfit.


Last worn: silver tank, statement wooden necklace, leopard print ruffle hem skirt, studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff MAC.

Other ways to wearsilver tank and printed jeans, leopard print ruffle hem skirt and pastel pink, studded sandals and floral dress, Rebecca Minkoff MAC and double denim.

Perfect for pregnancystudded sandals in second trimester.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

12 comments:

  1. That first look is my fave! I adore the contrast of the bold pink with the pretty printed kimono.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome find on the cover up.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite, without a doubt, is your first outfit. What a gorgeous mix of colours. That kimono/cover up was such a great find! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink with the leopard print is a good combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a color that doesn't go with leopard? I love the pink with it! And, I think the pink cami works beautifully with your $1 coverup even if there isn't any pink in it. It really is lovely!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that coverup was only $1! I love how colorful and tropical it is. I also love the layered necklaces with the leopard skirt and pink bag. So fun! πŸŒΊπŸ†

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover up is so gorgeous! I love the colour and the tassels. It's amazing that you were able to take it home for such a low price! Also, I LOVE the second outfit. That skirt is just the cutest! Such a beautiful piece.

    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfits. Love that mini aquamarine bag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the first look, Mica, what a great mix of colours - you were right to go with the pink top, as it just harmonizes so well! I'm not as sold on the second outfit - the top is just a bland colour (it looks slightly green on my monitor), and I feel like you need a topper/kimono with this look to really complete it. Stellar accessorizing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe that cover-up was only $1! You find the best bargains at the opshop! Also love the fun skirt + magenta bag in the second set of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seeing that first outfit has me dreaming of the beach!

    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...