Thursday 14 July 2022

Winter Stripes, Jeans, Tee and Scarves Outfits

Some uncharacteristically muted outfits, after the past few posts of bold and colourful winter layers! Muted tones and neutrals all just layer so well for winter though. And it was a very cold couple of days in Brisbane! Both of these outfits feature jeans and a tee, with a cosy scarf and some stripes.


What I wore:



navy waterfall cardigan striped scarf pink tee black skinny jeans sneakers chloe paraty | awayfromtheblue

Chloe periwinkle small Paraty in crook of arm | awayfromtheblue


JacketJeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle
Scarf: Fashion Scarf Girl black and white thick and thin mix print scarf
TeeCotton On deep v tee in washed desert rose
Jeans: thrifted Jeanswest faded black cropped butt lifter jeans
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
BagChloe periwinkle small Paraty


Why I wore it:

This was a fun day! My eldest son had a playdate at his friends house with his best mates while my youngest son and I spent time with my mum and sister. We didn't have a lot planned for the day, just went out to a few of the school holiday activities that the local shopping centres had organised, while ticking off a few errands. It was more the company that made it fun! My family stayed over for dinner too which was really nice, so my eldest could have some time with them after my friend dropped him back from his playdate.

It was a very uncharacteristically cold day so I wanted all the layers - this navy waterfall cardigan looks good with the pink tee, and the black and white printed scarf adds a bit of extra interest and print to the outfit too while keeping me warm. The faded black jeans and black New Balance sneakers were a nice bit of matchy-matchy with the black stripes on the scarf too. The Chloe Periwinkle small Paraty bag doesn't really match any of my outfit, but I thought it went nicely with the muted colours and I can easily fit a snack and water bottle in this as well as my essentials for the day.


Last worn: navy waterfall cardigan, striped scarf, pink tee, faded black jeans, New Balance sneakers, Chloe Paraty bag.

Other ways to wearnavy waterfall cardigan and shorts, striped scarf and yellow, pink tee and shorts, faded black jeans and blazer, Chloe Paraty bag and sundress.



Chloe Small Paraty Review:






What I wore:

striped duster with burgundy tee and grey skinny jeans cloe paraty bag leopard print scarf | awayfromblue

striped duster, jeans Chloe periwinkle small Paraty | awayfromtheblue


JacketKmart striped maxi cardigan
Scarf: Fashion Scarf Girl navy and pink cheetah print scarf
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversized tee in wine
Jeans: Jeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagChloe periwinkle small Paraty


Why I wore it:

Another outfit with all the layers - although this thin striped duster wasn't as warm as the thick waterfall cardigan I wore above, it was a day where I wasn't outside as much. We had another school holiday playdate at home in the morning, and then a trip to the library in the afternoon. It was quite nice sitting in the sun in the backyard in the morning, especially after the frantic tidying up the house we did before our friends came over had me feeling warm! Although in the afternoon at the library I wished I'd maybe worn a cardigan instead of this duster, or a long sleeved tee underneath as it was a bit windy.

I wasn't sure what scarf to wear with this - with the deep purple tee and black and white stripes and grey skinny jeans I thought about a brighter colour, but in the end I went with this leopard print one that is quickly becoming my go-to scarf for winter! I really like stripes and leopard print together.


Last worn: striped maxi cardigan, leopard print scarf, deep purple tee, grey skinny jeans, Converse, Chloe Paraty bag (above).

Other ways to wearstriped maxi cardigan over a dress, leopard print scarf and purple cardigan, deep purple tee over a maxi dress, grey skinny jeans worn 30 ways, Converse and denim skirt, Chloe Paraty bag and shorts

Perfect for pregnancydeep purple tee in second trimesterConverse in second trimester.



How You Can Wear It:

Printed scarves are a great addition to jeans and tee outfits in winter! You can print mix with them like I have in the second outfit, or let them be the only printed statement in your outfit like I have in the first photos.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

37 comments:

  1. Bet the boys had fun at their playdates. Also you can never go wrong with a jeans and t-shirt combo.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice bag *-*
    I love this color
    Thanks for sharing
    I hope you have an amazing weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stripes and any outfit which incorporates them gets my full approval. I particularly love the chevron stripes of your scarf and the pop of dusky pink in your first outfit.
    We are heading for a heatwave with temperatures into mid-thirties, which I somehow expect are just normal temperatures for you :-) And your uncharacteristically cold day might very well be even warmer than the average Spring day here! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I'm missing normal temperatures like that! easier for us to deal with though as our homes are built for the heat! Hope it's not too long lasting for you!

      Delete
  4. Layers are always a good idea when the weather is cold. I absolutely love that striped scarf! What a stunning piece and a great way to add interest to an outfit.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's such a fun scarf, I really need to wear it more often!

      Delete
  5. Nothing beats spending time and having dinner with family. I love both looks. Layers are always good for cold days. Something we'll be thinking about here in 3 short months. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is something about winter that makes us less likely to want bright colors. I wonder what that is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because it's easier to coordinate neutral layers, haha!

      Delete
  7. In the first outfit, the bag looks more gray, but in the second it looks periwinkle. I wonder if the colors of the outfit are influencing it. It looks really good with both outfits though. I love the periwinkle color. You don't normally find bags in that gorgeous shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More likely my photography skills not being up to scratch than the outfits I think, haha! It is a beautiful bag :)

      Delete
  8. Ame el primer outfit, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brrr, those are cold temps for you folks! That's what our spring was like the past few months! Glad you kept snuggly warm, Mica! I love the striped scarf in the first outfit, and I think your bag goes really well with it - it pops against the soft orangey shade of your top.

    The second outfit is also lovely - that leopard scarf goes with everything!

    Wishing you a good weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why I'm glad it doesn't get cold enough here to snow - I know I could not deal with it, haha! Spring in Europe when we went in 2019 was colder than our normal winter, so that sounds about right!

      Delete
  10. The right company can definitely make any day better!

    I love both of your outfits! the layering looks great :)

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely look!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both outfits but the first is my favorite. Looks a bit warmer and while it's hot here, I'm ready for cold weather and warm clothes.
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  13. I honestly cannot wait to start wearing more layers. I'm kind of over the heat lol. I really love both outfits and I'm glad you were able to have great company. Have a lovely weekend!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both super cute outfits. Something I would wear. It’s too hot where I am to think about layers but I do love it come cold weather. I adore your leopard print scarf and the Chloe bag is too cute! I just love the size and the color. Btw, I don’t know if my comments are going through. When I change my comment as to my name it takes my comment but doesn’t confirm that it was sent. Just FYI! I hope you are having a great start to your weekend and happy Saturday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen! I am getting your comments for sure!

      Delete
  15. Beautiful in stripes and I do love your first scarf, very pretty xx
    Maria xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had me at "frantic tidying up," haha! That is definitely me before anyone comes over! I really like the mixed stripes of your first scarf, and I love me a waterfall cardigan. A sweater that basically doubles as a blanket is definitely something I can get behind, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I always have to run around making things tidier at the last minute!

      Delete
  17. I really like both of these outfits! The perfect mix of dressy and casual.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love both outfits!! You look amazing thanks for sharing.

    Ben | Infinitely Posh.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the black and white striped scarf. What a fun print!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both outfits! By the way, I never thought of pairing stripes and leopard print together. You wore yours so stylishly! And now you've successfully inspired me to try this combo out. Thank you :)

    Wishing you a splendid week ahead <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you! It's a print mix combo I love to wear!

      Delete
  21. Love both of these! The scarves are so cute! I really wish I wore them more often, I have one but I NEVER wear it, I can just never seem to coordinate it with things nicely.
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love scarves for adding colour and print to outfits - like I do with kimonos in summer! Although I think I have a few too many maybe, haha!

      Delete
  22. Layering is fun and these both are beautiful outfits.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think the first outfit is one of my all time favorites of yours! I have a similar scarf, but it is an infinity scarf, so it doesn't hang down on the sides. Both of these look so pretty and comfy.

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun scarf, I really need to wear it more!

      Delete
  24. Thanks all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...