Friday 18 December 2015

Handbag Gift Guide! Jeanswest Maternity Shorts, Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere

Two simple summer outfits with my Jeanswest maternity shorts. I'm glad I picked up a second pair last month, they are being worn often.
Also thought I'd put together a handbag gift guide (for any budget!) after a few of you suggested it when I asked for your opinions on gift guides. Time to snap up last minute gifts now, with a week until Christmas!

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Summer Second trimester pregnancy outfit jeanswest maternity tank shorts

AwayFromTheBlue | Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere JORD black fieldcrest wood watch
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers (on sale!)
Scarf:  Jeanswest Lux paisley print scarf (C/O)
SingletJeanswest maternity tank in black (new purchase)
ShortsJeanswest maternity rolled up shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus JORD black Fieldcrest wood watch (C/O)
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

An easy, simple outfit for a hot day. I wanted to add a little bit of interest to the outfit with the printed scarf, I think it worked pretty well as it's a lightweight scarf so didn't keep me too warm. I've recently gone through my scarf collection and pulled out a few of the light ones to try and wear them a little more over spring/summer.

Wore this to take toddler T to his gymboree class, it was a perfect outfit for running around with a toddler.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, mixed print scarf, Jeanswest maternity shorts, Havaianas, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere. First time I've worn the tank as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearmixed print scarf and a chambray dress, Jeanswest maternity shorts in the third trimester, LV speedy bandouliere and a dress in winter.



If you are a handbag lover, or you have a handbag fan on your Christmas list to buy for, you definitely can't go wrong with a designer bag! All of the options below are under $500.





Of course, the budget can't stretch to a new bag every Christmas, so here are some more great gift ideas from Shopbop that are a little friendlier to the wallet - bag accessories!

Away From The Blue | Shopbop Handbag Lover Accessory Gift Guide

1: a handbag raincoat for the lady who has everything!
2: a cute bag charm to adorn one of the many bags someone already owns.
3: a coin purse a mini, budget-friendly version of that bag they've always wanted.

Shop more bag accessories at Shopbop
(With free express shipping worldwide, it's a great place to pick up that last minute gift!)



What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | Second Trimester maternity clothes pregnancy outfit for theme park visit

AwayFromTheBlue | Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere
NecklaceTai gold alphabet necklace
TeeJeanswest Sonny maternity tee in lagoon marle (C/O)
ShortsJeanswest Georgie maternity boyfriend shorts (available in non-maternity also)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

Extremely similar to the last time I wore this tee, only with different shoes and without the scarves. I like wearing the tee with denim though I think it's a lovely combination and it's an easy go-to!

Wore this for a very hot day out at Seaworld on the gold coast. My sister was lucky enough to score free tickets, and they had just opened up the recently re-done kid's area so we thought it would be fun for toddler T to go have a play. Even though I could only go on one ride, being pregnant. As we had been to Seaworld earlier in the year, we'd seen a lot of the shows so the day was all about toddler T having fun.


As it's the second time I've worn these shorts since I bought them, and I try to review everything I buy after wearing it twice to learn more about my shopping habits, my purchase review:

I love these shorts. I confess they were a total impulse buy, I hadn't even thought about getting another pair of shorts when I wandered into Jeanswest and spotted these. I'm so glad I bought them though. They are perfect for being pregnant over summer, when it's just too warm for my maternity jeans.


Last worn: Ray-ban Wayfarers (above), green maternity tee, Jeanswest maternity shorts, Converse Chucks, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere (above).

Other ways to wear:  green maternity tee with a scarf, denim shorts and studded mouse flats, Converse with a dressLouis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and skinny jeans.



The Net-A-Porter sale is on now, up to 50% off pretty things I can't afford until sale time rolls around. Perfect time to score that handbag you've been lusting after!




Linking up with Flashback Friday, Fab Favourites, Passion For Fashion, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Let It Shine, Shoe and Tell.

This post was created in partnership with Shopbop. Occasionally, Away From The Blue blog may receive vendor or brand sponsorships for mentioning their products or services. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

61 comments:

  1. Love your handbag!! It's beautiful - I mean, Louis Vuitton bags are just perfect (:
    Have an amazing day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that you kept the suggested bags affordable!
    I really love the keychains as well.

    x Krizia

    Shark Attack - Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be even cheaper come sale time, haha! There's a bag for every budget I think. As much as I'd love expensive bags all the time, it's not always practical :)

      Delete
  3. Jeans and a tee are a great combo, especially for more casual days. You are a really well dresses pregnant lady!

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a great fail-safe combo I think pregnant or not!

      Delete
  4. Classic bag! Love your picks - especially the bag raincoat!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an unexpected thing isn't it? Very fun! :)

      Delete
  5. Mica, I simply ADORE the purses you've suggested here, especially that grey Rebecca Minkoff purse with the zippers; the perfect weekend or casual day bag! I also love the bag charms here as well; I need to snag some, by bags are just begging to be accessorized! You look lovely in both your outfits, as well; you're such a beauty :)

    I hope you have a wonderful day and weekend ahead, girlie!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had my eye on that Rebecca Minkoff bag for a while, haha! I can't decide if I should buy it or not. I'm tempted every time it goes on sale! :)

      Delete
  6. You look so cute! Love your shorts in the first outfit, and awesome Converse! Thanks for sharing these affordable finds... I have yet to drop hundreds (let alone thousands) on a bag... maybe one day! MAYBE.


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Recent Post: Beautiful Holiday
    Today’s Post: Inner Battle…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has their things they like to splurge on, hehe! Mine just happen to be bags :)

      Delete
  7. both outfits are gorgeous...I especially like the first one because of that mix print scarf...I think this scarf would go well with the second combo as well.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly would! I'll need to give that a go :)

      Delete
  8. There are so many cute and stylish bags here! Love the selection!

    http://www.theaisleofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing better than a great pair of denim shorts, and yours are fabulous! I have to admit I'm jealous of your summer weather, I miss the warmth!
    Your baby bump is adorable, you are such a stylish and cute mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha on hot days I miss the cold weather! It's going to cool off a little for Christmas which will be nice, it's been hot and sticky lately!

      Delete
  10. very pretty looks! I love the color of second top - it looks great with your skin tone!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. I’m hosting great glasses giveaway here check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving these purses!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those bag charms are just adorable! And that rebecca Minkoff bag is so gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with us at the rabbit hole and happy holidays xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hope you have a merry Christmas!

      Delete
  13. Loving the cute key chain!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Kate Spade striped bag is gorgeous in the options, as well as the bag charm. I love your first outfit! Have a wonderful weekend. :)
    FT Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT is isn't it? I have a striped bag I don't wear nearly as much as I should, but still didn't stop me drooling over that one!

      Delete
  15. The first outfit with the scarf is so cute! Love your bag picks and the keychains are adorable!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  16. handbag raincoat sounds funny but quite functional! I love the elephant charm..it's so cute

    http://dreaminloud.com/meet-sunitha-krishnan/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like a very fun product! :) Definitely unique!

      Delete
  17. Cute teal top! Good Luck on your delivery. :)

    Have a beautiful day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha that handbag raincoat is the funniest thing ever! such a necessity if you own lots of designer bags (I don't have that problem)!

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I'd imagine a necessity for anyone who likes their bags to be dry, designer or not. It is such a unique gift!

      Delete
  19. Those designer bags are a bit out of my budget - I'll stick to the accessories! How cute is that raincoat? I think shorts are an Australian summer wardrobe essential, don't you? I think you deserve a medal for surviving being pregnant in summer, and also looking so fabulous all pregnancy long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep accessories are where it's at for me this year too, not enough budget for bags sadly!

      I was pregnant over summer last time so I've had a little practice, just wasn't quite as pregnant, ha!

      Delete
  20. Hi Mica, you look lovely, I love the blue scarf with the look, and see puppy is making an appearance. I forgot your pups name? Mine will be in their Santa suits this week. You know I am a handbag girl, love your collection! I also love RM and have just a "few" of her bags. I have a new bag on my list, and I've been nice, see if Santa delivers.
    Merry Christmas!
    Xx jess
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His name is Cooper! And I wish we could get him dressed up, he hates getting dressed up. Although we do try every Christmas, ha! I bet yours look cute in their Santa suits.
      Fingers crossed for a Rebecca Minkoff bag under the tree!

      Delete
  21. Love the bags you featured! And I did not know there was such a thing as bag raincoats!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such an unexpected thing isn't it? Very fun! :)

      Delete
  22. ah so fun you can wear shorts right now! its snowing where I am at! You look super cute!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow sounds awesome! It's summer here in Australia.

      Delete
  23. Both outfits are so practical, and oh, I love your bag!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  24. This bag is beautiful! I love the checkered pattern on it. Also, bagged raincoats sound amazing!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Still loving your LV bag! That's gorgeous! You look great too!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  26. these keychains are adorable!!! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  27. The bump is growing!

    I can't think of anything else but the smilie face keyring. It's perfect.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so cute isn't it? Would look great on a tote. Which I have a few of...hmm...haha!

      Delete
  28. You look so good, I wish we could still wear shorts here too! Love that you added accessories as well, I'm saving for a Kate Spade bag, and it's been hard to resist impulse buys!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh having a bag (or any big purchase!) to save up for is a great motivator! :)

      Delete
  29. You look too cute! In love with that LV bag!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those key chains are so cute! I'm loving the monogrammed one. It's the perfect gift.
    Oh, and your bump is adorable
    Carly--Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
  31. Denim shorts are such a good summer staple, and i do love the tassels on the scarf. Thanks for sharing your handbag picks - I always have love the mini mac.
    PS Got your card this weekend!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey glad it got to you before Christmas! Yours arrived this week too! :)

      Delete
  32. SO many amazing bargains to be had! Hope Father Christmas is good to you, Mica!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping so too! No bags under the tree but definitely a few little things I've had my eye on! :)

      Delete
  33. Loving this stylish, casual looks! It's tricky to rock a scarf when the weather is hot, glad this one hit the right balance of giving the outfit a little added interest without making you too warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's hard when it's humid to add a scarf, definitely a spring or autumn/winter thing here sadly!

      Delete
  34. You are a gal who knows her handbags! I swear your collection is drool worthy! I've been hinting at a RM bag for some time now. Maybe Santa will surprise me? (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping Santa does surprise you with an RM bag - they have some cute ones! :)

      Delete
  35. Great looks! I love Jeanswest...and those keyrings are just too cute :)
    Christina ♥ https://caliope.name

    ReplyDelete
  36. I've always liked jean shorts! They look great on you!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. haha yes I definitely have more charms than I do bags! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...