Friday 13 September 2019

3 Ways To Wear Band Tees: #sparklePunchMusicMonth

A bit of a bumper post today, sharing 3 outfits in one! The wonderful Jess decided to do #SparklePunchMusicMonth on Instagram in August and invited people to join in. I couldn't turn down the chance to get some of my band tees out and reminisce about my favourite concerts and memories!

I ended up wearing three different band tees through the month, which resulted in three different ways to wear band tees I wanted to show you. Because everyone loves a good graphic tee!

What I wore:

monochrome skinny jeans converse band tee outfit with sliver mini mac bag | awayfromblue

monochrome black outfit with Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | monochrome black skinny jeans band tee outfit silver bag
JacketCotton On black knit wrap cardigan
Tee: Kisschasy The Final Roar band tee
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (c/o)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC

Why I wore it:

This band tee was one I bought at the final Kisschasy show before the band called it quits. It was a wonderful finale, even if I spent the time up the back away from the crowd as I was pregnant at the time!

A classic black and white tee with a fun print, this is a permanent fixture in my wardrobe, even if I don't wear it much. It was good to get it out again! I decided to copy the colour scheme from the tee in my outfit, sticking to black and white with the black belted cardigan, Nobody Denim skinny jeans and black and white Converse. The metallic mini MAC bag worked so nice with the monochrome.

Simple monochrome outfit for a quiet Monday with a library and playground visit.


Last worn: belted cardigan, band tee, skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC.

Other ways to wearbelted cardigan and flares, band tee and striped skirt, skinny jeans and blazer, Converse and skater dress, Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancybelted cardigan and hidden baby bump, band tee in second trimester, Converse in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC in third trimester.






What I wore:

colourful maxi skirt and band tee outfit converse and denim jacket | away from blue

red printed maxi skirt with  Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram denim jacket printed maxi skirt converse spring band tee outfit
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Tee: Kisschasy blue tape band tee
Skirt: thrifted Billabong red printed maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather

Why I wore it:

Another Kisschasy band tee, but a much more colourful outfit this time! Wore this for a warmer winter day at the playground with the boys. This Kisschasy tee hasn't been worn on the blog before, it was one of the ones in my "band tee storage box" and from one of their earlier concerts that my sister and I went to. In fact I think this tee may have been my sisters at one point?

I loved wearing it though, and I thought the blue tape print (that spells out Kisschasy) worked well with the red maxi skirt. Again I stuck with converse, comfortable shoes for running around the playground. The denim jacket I actually took off while being in the sun, it was a really warm winter day, almost summer-like! Sideways Instagram outfit pic courtesy of my 5 year old who thought that it was so funny to take the photos on an angle and we all had a good giggle!

Again I wore a Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC, this time this adorable little aquamarine one that goes so well with the red skirt and blue tee and jacket.


Last worn: denim jacket, red maxi skirt, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC. It's the first time I've worn the Kisschasy band tee on the blog.

Other ways to weardenim jacket and maxi dress, red maxi skirt and leather jacket, Converse and printed dress, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC and skinny jeans.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester, Converse in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC in third trimester.







What I wore:

colourful band tee duster and skinny jeans outfit with purple bag | away from blue

grey cardigan and skinny jeans with Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum  | awayfromblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | public holiday mum style yellow band tee with grey duster cardi and skinny jeans
JacketJeanswest Alice longline Australian wool cardigan
Tee: The Getaway Plan yellow paint splatter band tee
JeansJeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

Finally a band tee from a different band, haha! There's something so fun about the Kisschasy tees, and I went to a lot of their shows so I have quite a collection of them!

This yellow band tee is another one from the "band tee storage box" that I've added to my regular wardrobe now after this challenge. I love this tee so much. I actually got to meet Matt from The Getaway Plan while wearing it and I shared a bit of that embarrassingly flustered encounter on Instagram. One of my fave pics still though!

Yellow and purple isn't a colour combo I'd normally go for but it works so well with this print that I had to match the colour in the tee with the purple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag. With the bold yellow tee and purple bag I kept the rest of my outfit simple and neutral with my grey maxi cardigan, skinny jeans and silver ballet flats.

Comfy, cosy and colourful outfit for a public holiday day off - we headed to Ikea for brunch and got a few more things for the house.


Last worn: grey maxi cardigan, yellow band tee, grey skinny jeans, silver ballet flats, purple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag.

Other ways to weargrey maxi cardigan and printed jeans, yellow band tee, grey skinny jeans in monochrome outfit, silver ballet flats and pencil skirt, purple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancysilver ballet flats in third trimester, purple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag in second trimester.



Graphic Tees Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

#sparklepunchMusicMonth challenge was a great reason to get my band tees out again, and it shows you how easy it is to wear a classic band tee - no matter the colours! Keeping things simple and wearing a graphic tee with jeans is an easy outfit option, and perfect for mum life. You can go simple and monochrome like the first outfit or be more colourful and bring out the colours in the print with your accessories like I have in the final outfit. You can also mix thing sup a little and pair a band tee with a maxi skirt like the second outfit.




Linking up with Sunday Best, Sunday Reflections, Mutton Style, On Mondays We Link Up, Modest Monday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

69 comments:

  1. All of these looks are so fun, I especially love the way you styled the tee with that red skirt! I don't have any band tees. I grew up wearing oversized Beatles tee shirts far too often, so I think I just swore them off. That needs to change though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to wear mine more often instead of just having them in a box!

      Delete
  2. I used to have a really extensive collection of band t-shirts but they just gradually fell away from my wardrobe - I love these ides on styling the few remaining ones that I do have.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm glad I kept these but need to wear them more often!

      Delete
  3. Well this was a fun post because I learned more about you! I wouldn't have guessed you were such a regular concert goer. At least...before kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, definitely harder now with kids! I don't go nearly as often as I used to!

      Delete
  4. I'm loving all these edgy looks!! This is definitely my style. You pull it off so well - and I love all the pops of color :) Have a great weekend!

    xo, allie
    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute looks!!! I actually don't own a band tee....shameful! I want an Eagles one but I can never find a good vintage one
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy one at almost every show, hah! Great souvenir!

      Delete
  6. I love a good band tee! You styled these outfits so well! Love them all.

    https://colorandgrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been embracing graphic tees more and more! They just go with everything.
    Have a great weekend Mica,
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  8. really cute purses
    http://sheismelrose.net/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm wearing my Iron Maiden band tee today!! I buy them at shows (never just at a store!) and then tend to sleep in them. :-D

    I love the yellow/purple combo, next followed by the Kisschasy tee with the red maxi. Those are both awesome outfits, perfect for showing off the tees! I like the first outfit too, but it does pale somewhat to the others - but that's a great way to get used to wearing a band tee if you haven't done it before.

    Fabulous, Mica! Have a wonderful weekend, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You looked fab in your shirt! these were bought at shows too, I can never resist picking one up when I'm at a gig!

      Delete
  10. I love graphic tees. I don't think I have any band tees right now specifically. I love your yellow one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun challenge! I'm really loving the last one, the colors are so fun and energetic! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a fun weekend!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great challenge, I love that Jess opened it up to us to participate!

      Delete
  12. hello Mica
    In your second look you look like a little girl, it doesn't even look like you already have two kids Mica !!

    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool, I have to admit I have few tees and something get in a rut in wearing them but you have done a great job Mica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing them a lot more recently! Perfect for spending time with the kids!

      Delete
  14. I love all these 3 looks with band tees so much. The first look is so stylish and I love how you made the second look feminine by adding a maxi skirt. The third look is fab too, love the colours so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like all of your look, denim jacket is really nice one.happy week end.
    New post on My Blog | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun challenge! I love all the ways you styled and tees, but my favorite has to be the first look.I just love a classic black and white outfit.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your second outfit ,especially the red skirt , you look so pretty in it. Have a beautiful weekend.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never heard of those bands!!! Is that bad? I will Google! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha maybe they didn't travel much outside of Australia?

      Delete
  19. You are so cute and pretty!
    I enjoy reading your blog!

    Cheers! <3
    Selly Chia

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE a good band tee and I especially love how you styled yours in look 2 - with a skirt and sneakers...so cute!!!

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can you believe I don't own a single concert tee? Sounds crazy!! My husband has all of his from years ago even - now they're vintage and so trendy!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!! Having you join me on this challenge was such a delightful treat, Mica! :) You look great in all of these outfits, and I'm glad that some of the tees have been freed from the "band t-shirt box" now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for opening up the challenge, I had fun participating! I need to wear my ban tees more often!

      Delete
  23. Such great graphic tee outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look so cute in those tees and that challenge sounded like it was so much fun. I like how you wore the first tee in such a casual look with the all stars converse. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look so cute in those tees and that challenge sounded like it was so much fun. I like how you wore the first tee in such a casual look with the all stars converse. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  26. Graphic tees are my fave! They are always so easy to dress up or down, depending on the day. Love how you styled yours! Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. Actually, I haven't worn or even owned any band tees since I was in my late 20s! But how much fun yours are, and so are the outfits you created with them. It's a toss up between the second and third outfit for me, but as they are the most colourful one, I guess you won't be surprised about that ;-) I think the yellow and purple of the last one make for one especially fabulous combo! Have a lovely Sunday, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how you styled all of these band tees! My favorite is the second outfit with the red maxi skirt. The mix of casual and chic is perfect. I hope you have a great weekend, Mica!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love all these fun casual tee looks! I can see you slowly moving towards summer while we are heading to fall. I adore that last tee!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love those t-shirts!Not what I think of band t-shirts being like!! The outfits are really attractive esp the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love all of these looks so much! Band tees are definitely a way of life for me so it's nice to see how many ways there are to wear them.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your cute looks dear, especially the last one.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I always find it so cool when people rock band tees. I haven't found one that I am totally down for yet. I love these tee pairings! Especially with the skirt.

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Mica, I love the band t-shirts you’re wearing and how you’ve styled them - great colours and pretty looks!!
    Donna ��‍♀️❤️����
    https://donnadoesdresses.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fab outfits Mica, loving the first one! Hope your having a wonderful weekend.


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are all great ways to wear band T shirt. My favorite is the second outfit x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. I loved seeing your band tees, Mica! I especially like the third one! I have a few old band tees that I've kept like Powderfinger and Nirvana. Unfortunately I must have donated my Silverchair tee ages ago, but wish I'd kept it now! Such fun memories! Hope you've had a great weekend, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shame about the Silverchair one but great you have the others! Powderfinger were awesome!

      Delete
  38. You look so cute in those tees
    Happy Sunday

    https://www.abdelkhalekleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such a fun and cute looks. I like how all of them are colorful and playful. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a nice new week.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/09/la-mer-soft-fluid-long-wear-foundation_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. Band tees are so coo! What a fun challenge and way to reminisce at the same time. Now I want to dig out some of my old tees ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you! make sure to tag Jess if you do! :)

      Delete
  41. Cool post!
    I love your blog so much, dear! :)
    Following you from now :)
    I will be very happy if you follow me back

    Have a good day!

    My blog - Новый пост - https://valerianestt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yes retro band tees are having a bit of a moment. I love all three looks all so different but equally fun! And I am loving the red skirt and purple bag.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Band tees take me back to being at uni when I'd throw one on with a pair of leggings or jeans and a chunky knit cardigan when I was rushing to get to class. I really like the third look, it reminds me of how I used to wear mine but in a more polished and put together way x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  44. The looks are so cool Love the colour bombinating in all outfits xoxo Cris
    https://photosbycris.blogspot.com/2019/09/celebrating-life-and-happiness-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love band tees paired with mom jeans or a pair of black pants!! Adding a jacket just completes the look, love these xx

    brineandbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. You fashioned all of the T-shirts so nice and how fun. I love the last fashion a lot on you. Thanks for visiting my post about our mini vacation to the Jersey Shore. Hope you have a a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Such a coincidence, I just dragged my band tee out the other day for my road trip, and it reminded me how I dragged my friend to a concert by buying her the ticket for her birthday, and how the warm up bands were lasting for so long that we had time to have burgers and go home before the concert actually started. Band tees always spark great memories <3

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, so many great memories associated with them!

      Delete
  48. Love a good graphic tee! You look so cute.
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/09/casual-outfit-idea-for-fall-leopard.html

    ReplyDelete
  49. All of these outfit are super fun. I don't own any band t-shirts.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  50. Almost all the time my band tees go with jeans, and now I got some ideas to pair my band tees. Thanks Mica :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. I really like that purple purse. I've never paired tees with skirts but it seems to be a thing now. Will have to give it a try. I like the style.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh I also love a good band tee! I'm so gutted I gave away my Smashing Pumpkins tour shirt. I wish I'd kept it!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Ah a good band tee can take you so many places in your closet! I love adding it in with a fun skirt or layered over a maxi dress. You definitely showed how versatile it is!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thanks all for your comments - glad I got you thinking about band tees in your own wardrobes too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...