Monday 22 July 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup: Textured Pencil Skirts In The Office With Brighter Scarves

For today's Weekday Wear Linkup I'm wearing two different textured pencil skirts to the office. I love wearing pencil skirts to work, even in winter, and these textured ones add a nice bit of interest. With the black in them, they work so nicely with my fleece-lined tights too!

What I wore:


JacketJeanswest Monica Mac coat in Indigo
ScarfMarc by Marc Jacobs bright blue stole
TopJeanswest 'Aubrey' pintuck yoke henley in deep teal
SkirtWarehouse navy jacquard pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

I really like blue and green together, so I thought this teal henley would go nicely with the navy jacquard pencil skirt. Surprisingly, despite them both being old pieces in my wardrobe, I've never worn both of them together before! I thought I'd definitely worn the cobalt scarf with the teal top at least, but nope that was a new pairing too!

With the navy skirt and blue scarf, I thought my navy mac was a good outerwear choice. It helped the teal henley stand out more too I think! The black Balenciaga part time bag is such an easy accessory, it goes with everything.


Last worn: navy mac coat, cobalt scarf, teal henley, jacquard pencil skirt, black ballet flats, Balenciaga Part Time bag.

Other ways to wearnavy mac coat and colourful pants, cobalt scarf and grey dress, teal henley and a-line skirt, jacquard pencil skirt and purple tee, black ballet flats and jeans, Balenciaga Part Time bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyteal henley in second trimester, jacquard pencil skirt in first trimester, black ballet flats in third trimester, Balenciaga Part Time bag in second trimester.


30 Ways To Wear: Balenciaga Part Time Bag









What I wore:



Jacket: Barkins beige trench coat
Earrings: Ana Luisa 'Olivia' tassel earrings in pink
ScarfAlexander McQueen magenta skull scarf in roses print
BlouseJeanswest 'Tilda' black shirt
Skirt: Cotton On 'Mica' mesh spot skirt in dusty pink
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

Another textured pencil skirt, this one again an old wardrobe favourite. Unlike the outfit combination above though, this black henley blouse is frequently worn with the pastel pink textured pencil skirt. It's a simple choice as it matches the black polka dots on the scarf nicely. The camel trench coat is another frequently worn piece with the skirt, as is the black Balenciaga part time bag.

For something a little different I picked this magenta skull scarf to really pop against the black and add a little bit of colour. Much bolder than the pastel pink of the pencil skirt, but I thought it complimented it perfectly.


Last worn: camel trench, gold tassel earrings, skull scarf, black henley, polka dot pencil skirt, silver ballet flats, Balenciaga Part Time bag (above).

Other ways to wearcamel trench and floral dress, skull scarf and little black dress, black henley and a-line skirt, polka dot pencil skirt with pearls, silver ballet flats and jeans, Balenciaga Part Time bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancycamel trench in second trimester, skull scarf in third trimester, black henley in second trimester, silver ballet flats in third trimester, Balenciaga Part Time bag in second trimester.



Textured Pencil Skirts Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A textured pencil skirt is a fun addition to your work wardrobe, and just as wearable as a plain black option. You can go very colourful and pair the skirt with a brighter top and scarf, or keep it simple with a plain black blouse.



Weekday Wear Linkup #28


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails








Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

64 comments:

  1. I love the pink polka dot skirt, and the pink shade is as sweet as you, carina! Have a beautiful new week, dear!

    Marie
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in pencil skirts Mica! Perfect for the office and the texture as well as the bright colors make these fun and interesting outfits for winter work wear!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do wear those pencil skirts so beautifully. I do like your navy and green combo. The bag is a stunner but is it heavy with all the hardware. Many thanks for the link up, enjoy your week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not heavy at all! it's very light :)

      Delete
  4. I love the monochromatic vibes of both these looks! You've inspired me to do an outfit all in tan neutral with that second one. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wear pencil skirts so well! The second look is such a fun combo! Love the polka dots!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Pencil Skirt is beautiful. Do have a great day.

    Bernie,
    The Style Fanatic
    Instagram: Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are great skirts, but I must admit I really love that Cotton On one. :) Looking fab as always. And man....that bag is just too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been such a great addition to my wardrobe!

      Delete
  8. (I had some technical difficulties, so this might be a duplicate comment.) . Anyway-
    You really are hitting my sweet spots with pencil skirts and scarves! On my to-get list, another A. McQueen skull scarf--thanks for the inspo--or not, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha one of these scarves is never enough!

      Delete
  9. I never got into pencil skirts myself but you always make me wish I did! Maybe if I ever get back into an office setting I'll start trying them again! (I do have one but its white and printed, haha, so not really office-wear)
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That navy skirt will always be a favorite of mine. I love it every time you wear it! Same goes for that magenta scarf, actually! Love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still have a bunch of pencil skirts and I love them even with graphic tees....(that's what I'm wearing on Instagram today)!!
    Great outfits, Mica,
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous of all your layers - cannot wait for it to get cold enough for that here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love blue and green together and of course a good pencil skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bag is so cool, looks super practical with all the pockets <3

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You make me wish for fall and winter with the layering: I love your scarf collection.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous look Hun, I never go for a pencil skirt myself but it looks so lovely on you :)

    Grace Louise || www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such fabulous office wear outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your posts have me sooooooo looking forward to fall. It has been really hot here and so humid. Makes hard to even enjoy summer. I love that polkadot pencil skirt! I like wearing pencil skirts with a tee knotted at the waist.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your neutral polka dot pencil skirt has always been a favorite of mine. Seeing it with the bright pop of color is unexpected and so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Monday Mica, you look amazing in these pencil skirts, love the trench coat too.

    www.ninakobi.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look wonderful in both outfits my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that cute polka dot pencil skirt!

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pencil skirts really suit you, dear!
    I really like especially the 2nd outfit, it looks very original and stylish!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your blue and green outfit reminds me of the ocean - every shade of deep green and blue - and is very pretty on you. I thought nothing could top that, until I scrolled down to see that gorgeous outfit! The scarf really adds oomph to it - wonderful look. I am a fan of pencil skirts - they are always great in the office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I can't believe I went so long not wearing blue and green together!

      Delete
  25. I love green and blue together as well, so I'm tempted to choose your first outfit as my favourite. But then I love your second outfit as well, especially with the pop of colour provided by the magenta scarf. Both skirts are lovely, and perfect for wearing with winter tights! Have a great week, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the blue and green together :-). Pencil skirts are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the colour palette in the first set of photos - those blues and greens are all so lovely.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love pencil skirts they are so feminine and look great for any occasion. I love your textured skirt. The scarfs go with it very nicely Mica : ) xo

    www.juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Interesting post and video!

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great work outfits, Mica. I love both, but especially the way the bright pink skull scarf pops agains the black tee and camel coat. Love your style. Hope you had a good weekend. - Amy
    https://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. These outfits are both great combinations on you! I really like how the scarves compliment both outfits. I wouldn't have thought to add the magenta scarf in the second look, but it totally works!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have that McQueen scarf in black and white but the pink is so cute! Love it for Halloween, in a glam sort of way!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love big "all in one" bag, Mica.
    Your pencil skirt and scarfs are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a great post, love the bag!! I want one. <3

    https://thepromdichic.wordpress.com/2019/07/21/nature-awaits-lower-magat-eco-tourism-park/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those neutrale look good on you Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love textured pencil skirts! Since I don't "dress" for work anymore I rarely take them out to wear them but there's no way I'm getting rid of them. I really need to figure out how to work them into a casual outfit. I love the way you've styled both of them and going with the teal in the first one was a great choice! And, of course, the beautiful Balenciaga :) I hope your week is off to a great start!

    Ruth
    www.VogueFauxReal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like pencil skirts casually with tees and tanks but mine definitely get more wear in the office!

      Delete
  37. I love all your bags! This Balenciaga City one is so beautiful and a classic!

    Cats in the City

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice bag.
    I love how you wear your scarf.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oooh! I love the way you add color to your outfits with your scarves. They're both such fun shades! I also really love your polka dot skirt. It's so unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your textured pencil skirt outfits are amazing. I cannot help but to love the edgy vibes in the second polka dotted outfit. The magenta skull print scarf made the whole look pom and I just love it! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really love the way a bright scarf punches up an outfit! That cobalt blue is so pretty!

    Hope you're having a great week, Mica!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  42. Blue is my favourite scarf colour on you it seems cool tones work wonderfully, I love the pink one also.

    You always look so chic Mica!

    How are you?

    Laura xoxo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  43. You have the greatest pencil skirt collection. I so cant wait to wear my scarfs again.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oooh I love the neutrals with that pop of bright colour! Hope you're having a lovely week so far,
    Amy xx
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  45. I always love how good you are at layering, Mica.

    volunteer driver for the local authorities

    ReplyDelete
  46. I think both outfits are nice. Practical and stylish. I'm a fan of the mesh skirt so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  47. I prefer your second outfit it's more fun with the polka dots pattern!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I loved both outfits dear but the second one is my favorite! That polka dot pencil skirt is gorgeous!! And the camel coat from that same day is beautiful, definitely in my alley! ;)
    Hope you had a wonderful day, lovely!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I like this idea, great styling tip to keep creating fresh and creative outfits :)

    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  50. These are both such stylish office looks, Mica! I love the print of both of those pencil skirts. So pretty! I love how you've accessorised and the scarves are a great extra pop of colour. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  51. Both outfits look fab Mica and you look gorgeous in the pencil skirt!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love both of those textured pencil skirts! The different shades of blue and green in the first outfit look great together. And I love the way that trench coat looks!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  53. both of these outfits are so pretty and feminine....I really like how you styled skirts! The colours are fan too. The first outfits with its blue tones is wonderful and I like the unique colour combo of the second outfit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love the polka dot skirt. It is so feminine. Thank you for sharing your style with My Red Carpet.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. These pencil skirts are so fun! I love that they're not just basic black, as pencil skirts typically are.

    ReplyDelete
  56. thanks all for your sweet comments, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...