Friday 27 July 2018

Printed Jeans and Basic Tees | Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC and Micro Regan

Jeans are a frequently worn option in winter for me. I do try mix things up a little in my effort to stay away from blue jeans. I have a few colourful pairs, and some really fun printed pairs. I'm wearing two printed jeans below, in a monochromatic outfit and a second more colourful one. Although I'm wearing different prints and colours, I kept to a simple outfit formula in both outfits with basic tees and cosy cardigans.

What I wore:

SAHM style: monochrome printed jeans outfit with space dye tee pop of colour micro regan bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold on wrist | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram monochrome printed jeans outfit mustard yellow rebecca minkoff micro regan bag
JacketCotton On black knit wrap cardigan
Necklace: Kmart Gold and Navy beaded necklace
Tee: thrifted Mix Apparel black marle tee
JeansSass & Bide Playman skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

No scarf as this was a rather warm winter day! In fact, when we came out of ABA mother's group and we went to grab some groceries, I took the cardigan off as it was a really warm winter afternoon. It was nice to enjoy the sunshine briefly.

I thrifted this tee a while back to replace a plain black v-neck one that I'd destroyed in the wash, and realised this hadn't been worn in a while. With the space dye print being similar to the lines on the chevron print of these jeans, I thought they would look quite nice together. I was worried the print mix was a little bold, definitely bolder than I expected when I put it on, so to keep things simple I added a plain black cardigan over the top. I'd planned to add my mustard cardigan, to match my mustard Rebecca Minkoff Micro Regan bag, but I think the black worked perfectly. It let my little bag be the touch of colour with the outfit.

I felt the silver shoes tied in nicely with the monochrome outfit, even if the necklace was gold and the bag was mustard. Really liked how well the printed jeans handled messy food covered toddler hands at the ABA mothers group too, ha! Prints are so good for disguising finger marks!


Last worn: black belted cardigan, space dye tee, Sass and Bide printed jeans, metallic silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Micro Regan.

Other ways to wear: black belted cardigan and skater dressblack tee and pink shorts, Sass and Bide printed jeans and wrap top, metallic silver ballet flats and dressRebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancy: black belted cardigan in first trimestermetallic silver ballet flats in third trimester.


Christmas In July Boxswap!


Super excited to share my first every box swap video! I did a Christmas in July surprise box swap / secret santa with some of the other Australian Mum Vloggers I've gotten to know this year.




What I wore:

SAHM Winter colourful printed jeans outfit pink leopard grey cardigan mini MAC bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC, chain strap doubled | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram pink leopard print skinny jeans blue tee neutral cardi converse mini MAC bag
NecklaceZuriCollections blue polymer clay necklace
TeeAtmos & Here Avery marle tee in navy
Jeans: Portmans pink leopard print skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC

Why I wore it:

Another day with the boys, another chance to use the same outfit formula with another pair of printed jeans. I was surprised to realise I hadn't worn this blue marle tee with the pink leopard print jeans before, I really like blue and pink together! As the outfit felt a bit bold, I thought a neutral grey cardigan would be the best layer to add. Kept me cosy too, as this is wool.

With the neutral white Converse shoes as well it was looking like a good outfit, but I decided to go even bolder with the hot pink mini MAC bag. While an even brighter shade of pink than on the leopard print jeans, it really popped and just made the outfit for me. I tried doubling the strap over a little to make it a little shorter. I do that frequently with my Rebecca Minkoff Love bag. This mini MAC is not as structured though, and the soft leather pulled a big, as you can see in the close up shot. I don't think I'll try that again!

Again, a slightly warmer day so I went without a scarf. We spent most of our time indoors too, running a couple errands and taking the boys to rhyme time at the library.


Last worn: grey wool maxi cardigan, blue marle tee, pink leopard print jeans, Converse, neon pink mini MAC.

Other ways to weargrey wool maxi cardigan and pencil skirt, blue marle tee and printed shorts, pink leopard print jeans and blazer, Converse and denim shorts, neon pink mini MAC and little black dress.

Perfect for pregnancypink leopard print jeans in second trimester, Converse in second trimester.



Printed Jeans Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

Printed jeans are easy to pair with basic tees, and neutral cardigans if the weather is cooler. You don't have to stick to neturals though! While the first monochrome outfit works, the second outfit follows the same formula but with more colourful pieces. Don't be afraid to add more colour to a printed piece.  You can stick with a colour combination you already love to make it easy.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

52 comments:

  1. your pants look so cool.
    Normally I wear dresses and skirts because I thing pants are kinda....boring. But yoursare so eyecatchy. Lovely and so amazingly combined.

    take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are a fun take on jeans! :)

      Delete
  2. You look fantastic in skinny jeans, Mica! I especially love the second outfit. The pink leopard jeans are fab and look great with that top and the gorgeous neon bag! Hope you have a lovely weekend. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looks, love your printed leggings and your jeans :) Thanks for sharing at Welcome To The #Weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) They are both printed jeans :)

      Delete
  4. I like your pink leopard tights, so sweet and fun. It's nice that you wore short top on them and long cardigan for a perfect contrast. Wishing you have a fun blogger event, enjoy your weekend!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are fun jeans, and I had a great time at the blogger event! I'm making a vlog about it now!

      Delete
  5. Such fun jeans. You swap looked like a lot of fun. You got a lot of cute thing in it too. I also love how you sent your swap partner a gift for her kids. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It was a fun swap, and it was so nice buying for Tess as well!

      Delete
  6. I'm a huge fan of printed jeans. I probably have half a dozen of them. But those pink ones are delightful!! I love how they just seem to lighten up the entire outfit!!
    Have a great weekend, Mica!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do, they are so fun to wear!

      Delete
  7. Fun printed jeans, I love both pairs. The first pair of printed jeans look great worn with the black top and cardi...and the second pair of jeans looks lovely worn with blue tones. I don't think I ever saw that print on jeans...pink leopard print, it looks so cute. Great outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a unique print for jeans, I love it! :)

      Delete
  8. Ooh I love both of these!! It's so great that jeans come in sooooo many options now. You never have to get bored with them, haha.
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, there's always something different to try! :)

      Delete
  9. Jeans are a winter staple for me as well. I haven't done printed jeans in forever and you're inspiring me to give them a look now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, these pants are so fun! I love both outfits on you!

    Lizzie
    www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw the pink ones are adorable! Love the print on them as well. I never dared to wear prints on my legs because I have a thing with my thighs lol but you have the perfect leg shape to rock them! Jeans look so much cool and fun when printed!
    Have a lovely weekend, dear!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would look great in printed jeans! :)

      Delete
  12. You look great in skinnies, Mica - I love the pink ones, although the other ones do not ring my bell at all (they remind me of "hair metal" bands from the 80s, lol). Gold/mustard and grey is a great combination, and the bright pink bag is a super addition to your second outfit!

    Have a wonderful weekend, sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Printed jeans are fun, I have a pair with stars on them. i got them at H&M last year for $1o cant't beat that. Love the chevon print ones you are wearing too fun. And quite bold!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite bold, I love them! I'd really like to see the star print ones! :)

      Delete
  14. Oh very cute style darling~ ANavy tee with jeans for me is always the answer
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Skinny jeans are my absolute favorite. I love a tight fit and when they have a cute print on, it doesn't get better than that.
    Love your hot pink RM bag!!!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Surprisingly I love the second outfit more, despite pink not being my favorite color. It might be the heat getting to my head, ha!

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha hope you get some cooler weather soon! :)

      Delete
  17. Lovely outfits as always, you look great! Loving the contrasts and bright tones!

    Have a great weekend :)
    Amy x Wandering Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your jeans in the first photo. They are really pretty and thrifting is so fun to do because you find unique finds. That hot pink bag is to die for and I love your accessories. I hope your enjoying your weekend lovely :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/07/fall-preview-rise-of-ankle-boot.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great outfits and a very cute video! Well done. - Amy
    http://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving all your style tips with both outfits for busy moms. I wish I had someone like you showing me all the styling tips when my son was a toddler. That was over ten years ago, lol! My favorite part is what you said about hiding sticky finger prints :)) We get creative as moms. Also the Boxswap is such an awesome idea!

    xo,
    Tania
    https://inspiremyfancy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure you looked great as a toddler mum!

      Delete
  21. Both are lovely outfits, I loe how you add color to every outfit Mica. I love jeans too and it's a great option for fall and winter but at the moment, it's extremely hot here so I haven't worn jeans in months. Happy Sunday beautiful!

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I definitely can't wear jeans in summer!

      Delete
  22. Cute looks you have here dear, I absolutely love the pink leopard print jeans!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. What cool jeans! I love the second look the best with its color blocking. I adore the mix of colors especially.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both looks are gorgeous :)
    Have a great day!
    xx Katha
    showthestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. jeans are such a staple!

    Lily Loves | https://lilybassx.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-face-mask-everyone-needs.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mica hope all is well! I love your printed pants. It can definitely be a challenge to not gravitate towards blue jeans:) I love how you chose to pair with solid tees and keep the focal point on the cute pants. I'm so glad you got to enjoy some warm weather. It is extremely hot and humid here:)

    I pray you have a blessed new week pretty lady!

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Micro bags are so much fun for when you don't need to carry very much around with you, and I love the printed jeans. I only have one pair of loud (turquoise) printed denim jeans and barely ever wear them, so thanks for the inspiration babe!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should definitely wear them again! Glad I could give you some inspiration!

      Delete
  28. Thank you for introducing me to Sass & Bide and Shop Bop! They are both new to me! I love the jeans and flats, I’m always looking for interesting flats to wear to work. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could introduce you to them! :)

      Delete
  29. Hi Mica
    Well you first pair of jeans dont look like a jeans at all. Its to much black for me, my favorite its the second one. Pink is one of my favorites and i thing its a good vibes color.
    I wish you a wonderful week.
    Xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ha, I love your comment about "prints are so good at disguising finger marks!" The things we have to start taking into consideration as moms! For me, the bag makes the outfit in both of these looks! Love the colors and the style of RM bags in general.
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, motherhood makes you change your outfits in some strange ways! :)

      Delete
  31. I love the subtle print mix in your first look, and I also love how the mustard bag really pops against the black. The printed jeans add the perfect amount of edge in both of your looks too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea! This bag is such a fun pop of colour! :)

      Delete
  32. Thanks, they are actually jeans. No way leggings would be warm enough in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...