Friday 26 May 2017

White Band Tees, Blue Maxi Skirts and Purple Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB Tote

Thank you all for your support and encouragement when I launched my first ebook on Monday! An extra big thank you to those who supported me by sharing the post or buying a copy even though they aren't pregnant. I really appreciate it, the book took me a while to write and edit and I was so excited to share with you. Shea was kind enough to say some lovely things about it in her latest post too!


Now, part two of the post I made last week, showing another two ways to wear graphic tees. This time around I'm wearing two of my Kisschasy band tees with maxi skirts. Something different from the usual graphic tee and jeans outfit, but just as easy to wear.

What I wore:

Kisschasy band tee chambray maxi skirt easy outfit purple mini MAB bag | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff purple mini MAB tote bag cross body | Away From The Blue
Tee: band tee from KissChasy "Bones and skin" tour
SkirtNoisy May long denim maxi skirt
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

Of all the Kisschasy band tees I have, this one has to be my favourite. Which is kind of funny as I missed most of the show on the Bones & Skin tour. The scary at the time (but funny afterwards) story of how we ended up spending most of the gig in a hospital waiting room will mean it's one of the more memorable shows despite only seeing a little part of it.

Wore this for a quiet Saturday running a few errands. The chambray maxi skirt is only slightly different from wearing this band tee with jeans, but I feel it's a very different look. Comfortable and perfect for a day running around with the boys. Also pleased how perfectly the graphic print lined up with the elasticated waist on the maxi skirt!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, Kisschasy band tee, chambray maxi skirt, gold Havaianas, plum Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote.

Other ways to wearKisschasy band tee and leopard print jeans, chambray maxi skirt and stripes, plum Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote and denim shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote and maternity denim.



White Graphic Tees Under $50:








What I wore:

Kisschasy Final Roar band tee striped maxi skirt SAHM Style | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum faux fur bag charm | AwayFromTheBlue
Tee: Kisschasy The Final Roar band tee
Skirt: Target navy side split maxi skirt
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

Another day, another Kisschasy band tee. This was actually the first graphic tee I got out of my wardrobe to wear after being inspired by Sheila's graphic tee outfit. I have only worn this tee a few times, as I got it when I went to the final Brisbane show before Kisschasy disbanded.

While this tee does look great with jeans (and I've worn in that way in the past) for something different I went with a trusty wardrobe staple, a maxi skirt. I wanted to be comfortable for a trip down the coast to spend some time with my parents, and this was the perfect outfit for that.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer (above), Kisschasy Final Roar concert tee, stripe maxi skirt, gold Havaianas (above), Rebecca Minkoff purple mini MAB Tote bag (above).

Other ways to wearKisschasy Final Roar concert tee and jeans, navy maxi skirt and yellow bag, gold Havaianas (above), Rebecca Minkoff purple mini MAB Tote bag and skinny jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyKisschasy Final Roar concert tee in second trimester, purple mini MAB tote bag with pink dress in second trimester.




Blue Maxi Skirts Under $50:








How You Can Wear It:


You don't need to leave all your old concert or band tees to gather dust in your wardrobe! Try pairing them with a maxi skirt for a different look. This works well with any graphic tee you'd usually just pair with jeans, but is just as easy and comfortable to wear.


Linking up with Hello Monday, On Monday We Link Up, Shoe & Tell, How I Summer, Monday Mode.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

38 comments:

  1. Great looks and congrats on your ebook!! That is so exciting!!
    Jaymie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I need to try that! I have a few graphic tees and get bored by only pairing them with denim.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that first skirt- also I seem to have missed the ebook announcement- will go check it out. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mica,

    First, congrats to launching an e-book. I will definitely check it out. That is so amazing and I can not wait to read it!
    Second, I love your look. You look stunning.
    Hugs
    Miri

    http://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice graphic tee especially the first one, I like how you styled it with light blue maxi skirt.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I jst love that shoulder bag. The colour of it is amazing. Great post.

    Leja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the combo of the graphic tee with a maxi skirt! It adds such a fun, casual vibe. I've never heard of that band, what kind of music do they play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were an Aussie band - they have sadly disbanded now. Kinda pop rock, just really fun songs! :)

      Delete
  8. I really enjoyed your big comment from yesterday, Mica, thank you! I like the idea of you doing a denim-free break - I think it will be a good challenge for you!

    I love that denim skirt in the first outfit! It's just lovely. Never heard of Kisschasy - must check them out. Congrats on your eBook! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I've been doing my own little version of the challenge for a while and it's not as hard as I thought!

      Delete
  9. So fun! I'm loving that bag :)

    Love, Lindsey
    http://www.thenomisniche.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both looks. Those skirts look so versatile they could be paired with any top and I liked that you paired them with band tees. I will do this style trick with my midi skirts soon! The cute furry friend of yours is just lovely isn't he/she? Hope to see your Autumn looks! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your graphic tees are awesome, and I love the mini MAB tote :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Congratulations!! That's so exciting! I absolutely adore both looks! Thanks for the inspiration always!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that first look. So fresh and easy to wear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Band tees are the best. They can go with so many outfits! I love it paired with the maxi!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  15. Graphic tee and maxi skirt is a combo that I never thought would go together but you look great in the combo! I'll definitely give it a try so thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love band tees! I have a Rolling Stones & Duran Duran tee. I wear them all the time. Love yours Mica!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the band tees with the maxi skirts! And of course the Rebecca Minkoff bag! Kisschasy was a great band - and certainly a memorable night at their gig!!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these pairings and the purple bag!

    Chanel | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh I'm a fan of maxis too! So easy to style and you can almost pair it with any top!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I might need to take your advice, it looks great!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  21. I forgot all about the band kisschassy haha! I love the band tshirt / long skirt combo and you look amazing! That purple bag is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha making me feel old! Soundtrack to my student days!

      Delete
  22. I need to do a graphic tee and a skirt stat! Thanks for the reminder! That chambray skirt is beautiful! And I'm crushing on your plum mini MAB! How pretty!!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking good, thanks for the inspiration :) http://www.abbylewtas.com/journal

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the skirt in the 2nd photo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your graphic t-shirt looks great with your stripe maxi!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That first light blue maxi is so pretty and it looks great on you...both outfits are very stylish, but the first one is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how graphic tees make anything casual. These two graphic tees are fabulous and I love how they look with maxi skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You're actually making me wonder where my concert/bands tee shirts went ?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are the queen of maxi skirts, Mica! You pull them off so well and I love how you styled this band tee with them! Thanks for linking up with us!!!

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  30. I still wear a band tee from the very early 2000's. I am forever grateful my mom purchased it huge for me back then. (; I think they hold the dearest memories. Even if those memories are hospital related, yikes! It means they will forever hold a story and remind you of things that have come and gone. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - it will always be a memorable gig!

      Delete
  31. Love the purple handbag! Nice additive to the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this combo definitely one for Summer

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you all for your comments - glad I could give you some inspiration for wearing your own tees! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...