Friday 12 October 2018

Spring Dresses, Cute Scarves and Rebecca Minkoff Bags

The best thing about spring weather is getting to wear more dresses! I do like to wear most of my wardrobe year round, but it's so good in spring when you can shed the layers and just wear dresses and comfortable sneakers without tights.

The colourful scarves were really just for decoration and didn't need to keep me warm, on two beautiful spring days where we made the most of the sunshine at the park.

What I wore: 

gray skater dress ASOS with silver glitter sneakers red accessories Avery bag and poppy scarf | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram | asos grey skater dress twil photo with red poppy print scarf
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl large poppy scarf in white (c/o)
DressAsos grey skater dress
Shoes: Kmart sparkly silver glitter sneakers
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag

Why I wore it:

This grey skater dress is a little worn piece in my wardrobe. In the past I've wondered why as it's always a nice piece to wear. Last worn over a year ago! Wearing it again reminded me I really should enjoy it more often, and not pass it over for more 'interesting' printed dresses.

They grey dress was a beautiful backdrop for the bold red poppy print scarf and mini Avery tote bag. Also was a nice length for walking around and playing at the playground with the boys. Being knee length I found it an okay length, even if I was a little more considerate with exactly how I crouched down to toddler level!

First time I've walked so far in these shoes - and I was really pleased they were so comfortable all day. There was a little rubbing right before we got home but I think that was because my sock slipped down. We decided to make the most of the beautiful weather and walk to a park a couple of Ks away, a little further than our usual park. The boys loved it though, it was such a nice day.


Last worn: red poppy print scarf, ASOS grey skater dress, glitter sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff mini Avery bag.

Other ways to wearpoppy print scarf and red tee, grey skater dress and purple scarf, glitter sneakers and green jeans, Rebecca Minkoff mini Avery bag and skinny jeans.

Perfect for pregnancygrey skater dress in second trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Vs Balenciaga:



Showing you more of my Rebecca Minkoff and Balenciaga collection side by side and talking about the similarities and differences of each. Since they are the two brands most common in my handbag collection, I also share my favourite and why!




What I wore:

orange crinkle scarf with aztec print elasticated waist dress and white Converse Chucks silver mini MAC bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC bag | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram | park playdate outfit converse chucks aztec print dress and orange crinkle scarf
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl plain crinkle scarf in orange (c/o)
Dress: Rivers Aztec print dress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC

Why I wore it:

Another lovely spring day, another morning at the park! Took the boys on a quick errand in the morning and then we walked to our local park to enjoy the sunshine. I love the spring days where it's warm enough to get out and get some fresh air but it's not so hot you're suffering!

I really liked the orange scarf with the Aztec print on this dress. The print wasn't as orange as I thought it would be when I was planning this outfit, but I felt the crinkles on the scarf still worked nicely with the lines in the print. I did consider adding a denim jacket to this as it was a little breezy in the morning, but I actually couldn't find it.  I had slipped off the hanger in my wardrobe, I found it later that evening. While there were a few moments during the day I felt a bit of a chill, with all of the walking and running around I was pretty warm and glad I hadn't found the jacket in time.

Picked my little silver Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC to wear with this outfit, as it felt quite busy with the bright scarf and printed dress. I loved how well it worked, it's one of those neutral bags that goes with everything. Most importantly, it slips inside the baby bag which I still carry even on trips to the park as who knows when the boys will find a puddle and I'll need that extra change of clothes!


Last worn: orange crinkle scarf, Aztec print dress, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC.

Other ways to wearorange crinkle scarf and navy dress, Aztec print dress at the beachConverse and pencil skirtRebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancyAztec print dress in second trimester, Converse in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC in third trimester.



Dresses For Spring Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

Spring weather is perfect for a simple outfit formula of sneakers and dresses. A bold bright scarf can be used to add an extra touch of colour to your outfit, and keep you warmer if the temperatures fluctuate through the day.



Linking up with Sunday Reflections, On Mondays We Link Up, Start The Week Stylish.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

77 comments:

  1. You look so pretty in both of these dresses, Mica! I love how you've styled both dresses. The red poppy scarf looks fab against the grey dress and I love how the bag matches the poppies and your sneakers match the dress! Fabulous! I love the Aztec print on the second dress and how the pattern on your scarf complements it so well and adds fabulous colour too! Hope you have a great weekend, Mica! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I love the simplicity of a dress and colourful scarf in spring :)

      Delete
  2. These are both such cute dresses, and I especially love that ASOS skater dress. You look great! And love the mix of orange with the Aztec print.
    Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy! I really should wear it more often!

      Delete
  3. Isn't it amazing just how much a scarf can transform an outfit! i love both of these - and it's lovely to see you looking so cheerful in the sun over there Mica! :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are such fun accessories for that! :)

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous outfit babe! Love how you have styled it

    www.petiteelliee.com

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red in your outfit. The scarf and the bag is a perfect pop of color with your adorable dress. They add an oomph to your look. The geometric dress is so beautiful on you and I love how you styled that beautiful silver bag with it.

    www.chez-rama.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute! Loving that red bag!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scarves are my favorite accessory! I'm loving both of these looks but my favorite is the first one with the pretty poppy scarf! Have a great weekend!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really loving that grey dress with the red accents!!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayyy for spring dresses!!! You know I love them so much, especially printed dresses!!! Love both outfits :)

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, simple dresses like this are the best in spring! :)

      Delete
  10. Fabulous to see you in your lovely dresses! Isn't spring the best time of the year! Happy weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those glitter sneakers are SO cute. Love how you've paired them with your dress.

    https://lifewithmins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy spring, Mica! I bet it feels good to be in dresses with just a scarf. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That poppy scarf screams Marimekko to me ! It such a fun piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, gets so many compliments! :)

      Delete
  14. Love the poppy scarf with the grey! Such a beautiful outfit!
    Have a happy weekend!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grey and red is a good combo, and the scarf looks really pretty together on you. I really like the ease of these outfits. I love the Aztec-style printed dress. <3
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you matched the colorful scarves to more neutral dresses. It really is so nice to be able to wear dresses without all the extra layers.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice to shed all the layers when spring arrives! :)

      Delete
  17. It's always exciting being able to wear dresses and not worry about the cold weather. Love how you paired the scarf with the bag! Your pup is cute! You're always rocking the lovely Rebecca Minkoff bags!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a few simple dresses that I struggle to accessorize for and it never crossed my mind that scarves are perfect pairing! Love both looks but the first look is my favourite. You look gorgeous as alway, Mica!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such fun things to accessorise with! :)

      Delete
  19. You always have the cutest bags :)

    http://www.glitsxgrace.com/2018/10/13/common-practices-could-that-damage-hair/

    Have a wonderful weekend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the outfit ♥

    londonkidx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. The scarf is so pretty hun!

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all the color you bring to these outfits with these pretty scarves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a great way to add more colour! :)

      Delete
  23. Totally digging the scarf. It's one of my favorite accessories.

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the colorful scarves and great RB Bags- as you shed layers, we add them here. Lol!
    Stay well Mica!
    xoxo, Elle
    https://theellediaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, the complete opposite seasons! :)

      Delete
  25. I wish I could still go without tights, but it is slowly getting cooler here and the mornings are chilly.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be nice starting to look at your winter wardrobe though! :)

      Delete
  26. Scarfs are really great accessories. Indeed it's not about keeping warm, they just enhance your outfit. I love both of them and how you wore them.

    Ngumabi xxo | ngumabisglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's nice to wear them just to add colour when you don't need to be too warm! :)

      Delete
  27. I try to do the same and get most of my clothes worn year round. Your grey dress is my favorite out of the two outfits and it's a nice color contrast with your printed scarf! Red is my favorite color but do not own a red bag - truly love RM and this one you are wearing.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a cute little red bag! I love accessorising with red :)

      Delete
  28. I love the way your poppy scarf looks with your red bag! They make such a great combination! I recently got a grey dress this past spring and I really like wearing it with brighter colors too. It makes a great background for fun accessories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! It really does make a great background, I should wear it more often! :)

      Delete
  29. I'm loving the grey skater dress! The skirt would make me feel like twirling!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love how the use of a scarf can instantly change or even improve an outfit! I definitely need to improve my collection as I literally have one!

    I also adore those sparkly sneakers, glad to hear they don't rub either as that can be the one issue with cute shoes!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can never have too many scarves, haha! I do have quite a few! :)

      Delete
  31. The spring dress and scarf are really perfectly match, love the bag anw

    TORI CHU | TFS Gelato Tint

    ReplyDelete
  32. So true! One of the best things is to wear dresses and the dresses you wore are both beautiful! I understand your thoughts that you think you should wear the first dress more often as it is really beautifu - especially with the colourful scarf!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! I really should wear it more often!

      Delete
  33. Obsessed with that first flirty dress. I adore the shape and how you styled it!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi! Cute spring ensemble! The sneakers definitely add some daytime glam and creates a sporty chic look!

    I pray you had a wonderful weekend and a happy new week ahead! We have plans this week to go horseback riding and I hope to get in a few games of tennis:)

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the pop with both the bag and scarf
    www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loved the pop of colour both with bag and scarf
    www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are both lovely spring outfits! I love how the gray dress makes the red poppy print scarf stand out. And the aztec print of the other dress is really pretty! Even thought it's fall here this is making me want to wear more dresses and scarfs. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could definitely wear this in autumn, maybe with just a little more layers, haha!

      Delete
  38. You know I love those glittery sneakers!! They're so cute, and they look great with that adorable skater dress!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the floral scarf and red bag! I forget that you can use scarves as an accessory, not just to keep your neck warm!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a fun accessory I tend to overlook in the warmer months!

      Delete
  40. Love your sneakers & that first scarf is too cute!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. That dash of red works wonderfully with your outfits, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  42. So cute! I love how you accessorized these dresses with scarves. The bright orange is such a fun, vibrant color. And what a cute twirly pose on the first dress. Who can resist? :)
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, impossible not to twirl in such a twirlable dress!

      Delete
  43. Your first look is so cute, and one I can totally duplicate, so I'll have to keep it in mind, you know, for my spring, which feels decades away right now.
    https://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope it makes you happy as this did for me when your spring rolls around! :)

      Delete
  44. That poppy scarf is so pretty with that dress. It really pops with the red. I think scarves can really change up a whole look and make a dress doable for cooler weather!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  45. Mica, I LOVE that first look--it is so fun!! It looks so pretty and springy. That skater dress is really cute too, I'm surprised you don't wear it more. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to wear it more often! :)

      Delete
  46. Oh my gosh I love the pattern on that first scarf! It is so pretty!!

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Lovely bags dear, especially the first one. Such a chic classic.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Nice One.
    http://www.allabouthealthss.com/2018/10/reasons-yoga-is-better-than-gym.html

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thanks all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...