Friday 16 August 2019

Chambray Maxi Skirt and Graphic Tees Worn 2 Ways

This chambray maxi skirt has been worn a lot recently - it was so close to 30 wears and I was determined to reach that number of wears before winter was over. Much like traditional denim jeans, a chambray maxi skirt also works well with graphic tees!

What I wore:

double denim chambray maxi skirt and graphic tee with Louis Vuitton neverfull for themepark mum style | awayfromblue

Louis Vuitton MM neverfull tote bag damier azur | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | seaworld double denim chambray maxi skirt and graphic tee outfit with louis vuitton neverfull
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
TeeUniqlo Mickey Mouse 'Mickey Stands' short sleeve graphic tee
SkirtNoisy May long denim maxi skirt
Shoes: Kmart sparkly silver glitter sneakers
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

Wore this for a fun day out at Seaworld on the Gold Coast with the boys. It's definitely our favourite theme park, having lots of animals for them to see and touch, animal shows, and lots of rides they can go on. I wasn't sure if it would be windy by the sea so I wore the denim jacket, but I took it off during the day as it was just too hot - a perfect day for walking around a theme park! (Yes, jackets aren't always needed in the middle of the day in Brisbane, even in winter!)

When thinking what to wear I figured I'd give my Mickey Mouse tee another wear! Last worn at Disneyland Paris, it's perfect theme park wear. I didn't feel too silly wearing it to a non-Disney park. It was a last minute purchase for our Disney trip and I was glad I bought it for that, but want to get more wear from it outside of Disney!

The Louis Vuitton Neverfull was a good carry all for a day out too, and although we did decide to take the stroller with us it wasn't really used much.


Last worn: denim jacket, Mickey mouse tee, chambray maxi skirt, glitter sneakers, Louis Vuitton Neverfull.

Other ways to weardenim jacket and floral dress, Mickey mouse tee at Disneyland, chambray maxi skirt and embellished tank, glitter sneakers and sundress, Louis Vuitton Neverfull worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester, Louis Vuitton Neverfull at 38 weeks.


30 Ways To Wear: Chambray Maxi Skirt







What I wore:

chambray maxi skirt and graphic tee with cobalt leather jacket with red micro avery tote bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote bag in red with cobalt jacket and chambray skirt | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram | chambray skirt graphic tee and leather jacket winter mum style
JacketWittner 'Santa Fe' cobalt blue leather jacket
Tee: Primark Edinburgh white graphic tee
SkirtNoisy May long denim maxi skirt
ShoesAtmos&Here tan Lola leather ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag

Why I wore it:

This is another graphic tee I wore on our Europe trip! This one I bought in Edinburgh though, as a souvenir from our time there. I actually wore it on the trip home, and thankfully for a white tee, after 26 hours in the air and 3 flights with 2 toddlers it all washed out okay 😂

With the blue graphic on the white tee, I thought I'd go matchy-matchy and wear my cobalt jacket with the chambray maxi skirt. While the cobalt leather jacket is a great match for the print on the tee, the chambray maxi skirt is a different shade of blue but still compliments it nicely. It was the perfect layer on a cold winter day too. Unlike the day above, I needed my jacket on all day!

The red bag was a fun touch of colour with all of the blue, and the tan ankle boots that go with everything also helped keep me cosy on a cooler winter day. We spent the day with my mum, having some fun before I had to face the dentist in the afternoon.


Last worn: cobalt leather jacket, Edinburgh graphic tee, chambray maxi skirt (above), tan ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery.

Other ways to wearcobalt leather jacket and printed jeans, Edinburgh graphic tee with olive, chambray maxi skirt in summer, tan ankle boots and skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery and red scarf.

Perfect for pregnancycobalt leather jacket in second trimester.



Chambray Maxi Skirts Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A chambray maxi skirt is just as easy to wear as any other denim option like jeans or shorts. A classic denim and tee option always works, and a graphic tee is a fun choice with a chambray maxi skirt. As you can see in the second outfit too it's easily layered up for cooler weather.


Linking up with Sunday Reflections, Mutton Style, On Mondays We Link Up.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

66 comments:

  1. Love the red bag and blue jacket, such a chic contrast.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don´t think I ever had a chambray maxi skirt. A short one, yes, but never the maxi version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love more chambray pieces but they are a bit of a pain to iron, haha!

      Delete
  3. Love this - such a versatile piece that can be style in many different ways. It's so easy to get into a routine of putting the same outfits together!

    Hayley || hayleyxmartin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes mum life so much easier following a formula each day too!

      Delete
  4. Both ways looks great on you Mica, your red bag is super cute!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That M.M. tee is super cute and you're always so pretty Mica!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Disney tee is beautiful :D
    Xoxo ❤
    EVENING BREEZE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've wanted to get a chambray maxi skirt the first time I saw you wear it but alas, I have yet to find one here that I like. Love how you paired it with these jackets:) And seriously, that Neverfull is such an awesome bag for days out with the kiddos. I might bust mine out again:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find one, this has been such a great piece in my wardrobe! :) Enjoy your neverfull over summer I say!

      Delete
  8. I used to have a pretty good collection of graphic tee shirts but they've all found their way out of my closet - I miss them now!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did a big purge a while back but I've noticed more creeping into my wardrobe, hah! They are so fun to wear! :)

      Delete
  9. I love it with the Mickey tee, so cute!!!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh that cobalt jacket is great! What a fun piece. Good job on keeping the white shirt clean after all that travel! LOL! And congrats on getting to (or almost getting to?) 30 wears on the maxi skirt! It's so nice when you know you've really gotten your money's worth out of an item.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I hit 30 wears with it as you can see in the video! I'm surprised it took me so long I feel I wear this skirt a lot, haha!

      Delete
  11. Chambray coordinates so well with denim. It's one of my favorite combinations. And you can never go wrong with a good graphic tee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this look, Great post!
    I'm following you! X.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved both ways you styled this chambray maxi skirt. That first t-shirt with a Mickey Mouse print is so adorable. Paired with a denim jacket, that was such a cute look. So great you visited Seaworld with your boys again. If we had one around here, I'd surely pay a visit. Amusement parks are fun and I like anything that has to do with the sea.

    Second styling is lovely as well. The white tee works well with the maxi and the blue leather jacket is so fabulous. Moreover, that red bag is such a great pop of colour. You look fantastic in both outfits!

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's such a great park for the kids! I'd love to go more often! We have a lot of theme parks quite near us :)

      Delete
  14. Wow 30 wears that is impressive. This chambray skirt is very pretty and subtle. I like both head to toe blue looks and the pop of red with the bag in the second look. And love the Micky graphical tee a bit more family friendly then Guns and Roses lol.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's definitely family-friendly!

      Delete
  15. Love the blue jacket with the skirt, really gorgeous!! Both looks are fab!! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love Migkey, so sweet!!
    I love your second outfit the colors and the bag are amazing!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of these outfits are so cute! I love the blue jacket you added especially in the second outfit. It's such a fun color and adds a fun bit of edge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the first one! ;)

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look stunning in all the pictures, hon! The T shirts are amazing!
    Adi xx | www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I remember some time ago I wanted a Mickey t-shirt so badly, but never got it! Maybe it's time to get one! :) Such a nice tee!

    xx Bri | www.brigitadaisy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun piece to have in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  21. You know I am in the hunt for the perfect maxi chambray skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that red purse so much. I have that same Mickey shirt. Great pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That orange-y/red bag works so well with the leather jacket, just love those colours together. Graphic tees never go out of style, and you are rockin' it with both of these outfits, Mica!

    Oh! I saw that Fluevog is opening a store in Melbourne!! You will have to go in and look at them! ;-P

    Have a great weekend, my dear! As always, thank you so much for coming to visit my blog, and for your lovely comments. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will need to check them out next time I'm in Melbourne! I used to go often for work but I'm in a new role now.

      Delete
  24. Great looks. I love the blue leather jacket... it's so unique.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You styled your chambray maxi skirt in such fun ways! I love the fun top for the first look and the pop of red in the second.

    I also love the video you shared with 30 ways to style the skirt. You're very creative with your outfits.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh the Mickey t-shirt is adorable! And I bet it brings you great memories of Disneyland Paris which is always a nice thing when we clothes that take us back to happy moments.
    I love the second look, too! The blue jacket is gorgeous and I'd wear it pretty often because it's cool and trendy <3
    I hope you have a great weekend with the family, lovely!!
    xx

    https://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love both of these looks, Mica. They are casual but stylish. I'm really loving that cobalt blue moto jacket. I love my moto jackets and can't wait until it gets cool enough that I can wear them again. Love your Mickey tee. I have a similar one, that I need to get out and wear!! Thanks for the inspiration. - Amy
    https://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you the inspiration!

      Delete
  28. I'm so jealous of your mild winters, and the chambray maxi skirt really is proving to be quite a versatile piece!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it's nice to be outside in the middle of the day enjoying the sunshine, even if it gets cold at night!

      Delete
  29. 30 wears is always so impressive! I love the look with the second jacket and the pop of colour with the bag too! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such great looks you created with a chambray skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gooooosh I love your Mickey Mouse T-shirt haha! I have one in black I brought back from Disneyworld Florida with me years and years ago :) Hope you're having a lovely weekend so far!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a versatile skirt, I really must get one for muyself! My favourite it your second outfit, as I'm totally in love with that divine leather jacket! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the contrast of orange and blue, maxi dress is such a verstalie piece
    https://www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  34. I absolutely love this outfit. Especially the chambray skirt and jeans jacket so cute!!

    xx Avalon from Simply Avalon

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your maxi skirt! It looks very chill and cute. Rocking it with the LV Neverfull is a great combo. I need to look into buying some maxi skirts - it is kind of hard wearing them when I am so short @___@.

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm petite too, had to hem this one a lot, haha!

      Delete
  36. You look so gorgeous

    https://www.abdelkhalekleblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Both T-shirts are cute, but I like the Mike Mouse x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. This chambray maxi skirt looks super cute, love the color of the blue! That Rebecca Minkoff bag is also absolutely cute and I love how the way it looks in contrasts with your outfit~

    Geraldine | https://geraldinetalks.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I see your chambray skirt is really a staple in your wardrobe and I like both ways you wore it! It is so fascinating that even on a winter day it can be in your area too hot for a denim jacket - here in Bavaria a denim jacket even in summer is too less :)
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. The Mickey tee is perfect for a day at SeaWorld! And what a great, fashionable souvenir from Edinburgh!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your skirt is beautiful, i love the styling and combination of this look.
    http://www.thestylegalaxy.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love how you were able to pull the chic out of this look with the bags. It just goes to show that bags are the best icing on the cake for any outfit. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  43. Mickey and a denim jacket! A match made in heaven and it works so well with the lighter damier tones!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  44. The skirt is really good for winter and the colour suits with everything you wore on top. My boys love Sea World too, we've been there more than the other theme parks in GC.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I've been loving the graphic tee trend lately, so i loved seeing how you styled these outfits! Great post, as always!

    https://colorandgrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. That maxi skirt is a great piece to have in your wardrobe. It looks so good with both graphic tees! I love the Mickey Mouse one and the pop of red in the second outfit!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks all for your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...