Monday 1 July 2024

Maxi Dresses, Denim Jackets, Scarves and Boots

June is the start of winter in Brisbane, and it's definitely brought some scarf weather along with it! It was good to get both of these heart print scarves out again, worn with denim jackets and my Kmart tiered midi dresses for some weekend birthday parties.


What I wore:




Earrings: gold heart and pearl earrings
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Scarf: Fashion Scarf Girl love heart print tassel scarf
Dress: Kmart Whsdch Red short sleeved tiered midi dress
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
Bracelets: the usual
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

This was a busy day, with a birthday party in the morning and then Bonnie's puppy training class in the afternoon. While we were mostly indoors I wanted to be warm and cosy, so layered up this coral dress with the fun heart print tassel scarf. I really liked the scarf and dress together, even if the red in the scarf is a slightly different shade from the coral of the dress. I was sure I'd worn this scarf before but can't find it on the blog - it was one mum got me for Christmas, so surprised this is its first wear!

With the denim jacket and black ankle boots, this was nice and cosy for the day. I could fit a little extra than usual in the Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag too, perfect for extra training treats for Bonnie at the class, and I liked the matchy-matchy of it with the black ankle boots.


Last worn: heart earrings, denim jacket, coral midi dress, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid.

Other ways to weardenim jacket worn 30 ways, coral midi dress for Christmasblack ankle boots worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester, black ankle boots in second trimester.





What I wore:




JacketCotton On girlfriend denim jacket in whitehaven
Earrings: handmade pink star clay earrings made by my sister
ScarfStella McCartney heart print scarf
Dress: Kmart short sleeve tiered jersey dress in Fuchsia
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in tan
Bracelets: the usual
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

Took another opportunity to wear the dress, denim jacket, heart scarf and boots combination I liked so much above, with this fuchsia pink tiered midi dress. We had another birthday party to attend and I probably overdressed for it - it was at the arcade so when I tried to jump on one of the arcade games with my son's friend I realised a midi dress was not the most practical for a motorbike race, ha!

I did really like this outfit though, the Stella McCartney scarf is a firm favourite of mine, I love big blanket scarves! And it was so cosy, especially with the tall tan boots. The Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag didn't match my boots like it did in the outfit above, but I did appreciate the way it matched the navy in the scarf and it easily held all the essentials plus water bottles for the party.


Last worn: star earrings, white denim jacket, Stella McCartney scarf, fuchsia pink midi dress, tan boots, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag (above).

Other ways to wearwhite denim jacket and skirt, Stella McCartney scarf and jeans, fuchsia pink midi dress with yellow, tan boots and striped dress, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag and jeans.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

4 comments:

  1. Scarves are always a big YES for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you wear your maxi dresses in the colder months. I need to take this to heart!!
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. In spite of it supposedly being Summer here, I've been wearing similar outfits to yours :-) I'm loving a maxi dress and denim jacket combo and my favourite is the first one. The extra pop of colour from your scarf is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...