Wednesday 20 September 2023

Blue Knits Over Tiered Sundresses With Converse and A Black Tote Bag

For a couple of cooler spring days recently I layered up some cosy knits over these strappy tiered sundresses and Converse outfits, with the big, practical Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote bag. Jumpers over dresses is another good way to get an extra wear from knits outside of winter, before it heats up too much.


What I wore:




Necklace: thrifted orange bead statement necklace
Jumper: thrifted Valleygirl blue knit jumper
Dress: thrifted peach and white floral print tiered sundress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagRebecca Minkoff medium unlined tote in black with shellac studded dome hardware


Why I wore it:

This was a fun day! I'd taken a little extra time off work in the afternoon so I could wrap up working from home early and attend an open day at my son's school. It was good to watch them perform, and we got to check out their classrooms and some of their work that was decorating the walls. It was a great afternoon! It was a warm day, but not quite warm enough yet for me to go bare shouldered, so I added this thin knit over the spaghetti strap sundress. I like knotting this knit over dresses!

Comfortable Converse for walking around the school campus, and then because I couldn't quite decide on a necklace with this but I felt the neckline of this knit needed a little something, I picked this bright orange necklace. Not quite a match with the print on the dress, but I liked the two together.

Big Rebecca Minkoff tote bag to store a few extra snacks for the kids that afternoon!


Last worn: cobalt knit, orange necklace, pastel tiered sundress, white Converse, Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote bag.

Other ways to wearcobalt knit and printed jeans, pastel tiered sundress and denim jacket, white Converse and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote bag and midi dress.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.




What I wore:




Jumper: Jeanswest Beth ombre stripe knit pullover jumper in navy
Necklace: thrifted flat navy statement bead necklace
Dress: Kmart Aztec print tiered little black dress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff medium unlined tote in black with shellac studded dome hardware


Why I wore it:

I realised I hadn't worn this ombre knit from my sister's wardrobe recently, so again I copied an outfit formula I liked above, with this ombre knit over the black printed tiered sundress. Just like in the first outfit I added a thrifted statement necklace. I liked this one against the navy in the knit. This knit isn't quite as thin or stretchy as the one above, so I just folded the hem under to get it to sit at a good spot with the tiers of the dress. It did annoy me through the day though as I kept fussing with it sliding around - knotting or just leaving it worn long would have worked better!

I did like the blue and black combination though, and again I went with the Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote. I didn't need to carry much, just the school run and working from home, but the black was the obvious matchy-matchy choice with the black dress and black Converse.


Last worn: ombre knit, navy necklace, black tiered sundress, black Converse, Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote bag (above).

Other ways to wearombre knit and shorts, black tiered sundress and denim jacketConverse and maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote bag with pink.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

8 comments:

  1. What you need for the second sweater is a shawl pin or the like. That way you could gather the sweater to just the spot you wanted. I bet a barrette would do in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Outfits are pretty. The first one is my Favorite. Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like both outfits, Mica, especially the blue/orange mix in the first one. I will knot t-shirts but not sweaters/jumpers. I like the idea of folding the ombre sweater up but it would annoy me too!

    I hope you have a good rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prefect causal outfits. Hope you are having a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. I particularly love your first outfit here. Wearing a knotted jumper over a sundress is such a great idea, and I'm loving the colour combo! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you were able to visit your son's school to see him perform and check out the classroom. I'm glad it all went well. I love what you wore. That blue knit jumper is super cute and I love that you knotted it. That knit ombre is stunning as well! It looks so good layered over the sundress. I hope you are having a wonderful week so far <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both so pretty, Mica! My favorite color is blue and both of these tops are perfect! :) Wishing you a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you layered these dresses, Mica! Ingenious! You look great in both outfits.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...