Wednesday 25 October 2023

Magnificent 8 - Simply Red

I had the hardest time coming up with outfits to share for this quarter's Magnificent 8. I was just overwhelmed with choice! We decided to feature red as it's a great power colour, but I have so much red in my wardrobe. Even though I've been wearing a lot of pink lately, I have no shortage of red things to wear. In the end I went with the most red thing I own, a dress, and then a second outfit with just a couple pops of red from accessories.


What I wore:




Earrings: neutral clay disc earrings
Necklace: thrifted wooden yellow tassel necklace
Dress: Kmart Whsdch Red short sleeved tiered midi dress
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush
Bracelets: the usual
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur Neverfull


Why I wore it:

This was a really fun day, but so hot! We headed out to try out a new park and have lunch with my family and my aunt who was visiting the coast recently. The new park was wonderful, so many different play spaces and things for the kids to enjoy! It was really good spending time with the family too, even if the park was so popular we had to wait a little to use the BBQ and cook lunch.

Knew this Kmart tiered dress would be perfect for the heat - it's nice and light for hot days, and there was a lovely breeze to keep us cool. I did wonder if this dress quite made the theme for the Magnificent 8 prompt, as it's more coral than a true red, but I decided it was close enough!

The sandals were a must have with the warm weather, and the Louis Vuitton Neverfull is always a practical choice to load up with water bottles for a BBQ in the park.


Last worn: clay earrings, Kmart coral tiered midi dress, yellow tassel necklace, gladiator sandals, Louis Vuitton MM neverfull.
 
Other ways to wearKmart coral tiered midi dress and scarfstudded sandals worn 30 waysLouis Vuitton Neverfull worn 30 ways..

Perfect for pregnancyLouis Vuitton Neverfull in third trimester.





What I wore:




ScarfAlexander McQueen red skull-print modal and cashmere-blend scarf
TankCotton On 'eternity' tank in charcoal marle
Skirt: Target animal print ruffle hem mini skirt
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus wooden beaded bracelet stack and red gem bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red


Why I wore it:

This was a much more neutral outfit than the one above, before I added all the red accessories to it. If wearing a lot of a power colour seems like too much, there is always accessories to let you add a touch of it to your outfit!

This grey tank and cute ruffle hem leopard print skirt were a great neutral base to my outfit, especially with the studded sandals. I knew the red saddle bag would be great against them, and it's roomier than it looks! I had all the essentials plus a book in there as while I was working from home, I had an appointment to attend before picking the kids up from school.

Echoed the reds and browns with the bracelet stack, but still felt this outfit was missing a little something, so added the red Alexander McQueen skull print scarf. I like print mixing with these skull scarves, even if I only wore the scarf for the school drop off in the morning, as the weather warmed up so quickly it wasn't needed later in the afternoon.


Last worn: red skull scarf, grey tank, Target animal print skirt, studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag.

Other ways to wearred skull scarf and dress, grey tank and shorts, Target animal print skirt and leather jacket, studded sandals and jeansred unlined studded saddle bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyred skull scarf in third trimester, grey tank in third trimestersandals in second trimester.


The Magnificent 8

The Magnificent 8 is a collaboration of 8 stylish women, ranging in age from early 20’s to early 80’s. The mission of this collaboration is to showcase how ageless style is. There are no age restrictions on style. So wear what you want, when you want, add a smile, and strut your style with confidence. And be sure to check out all 7 of these other amazing ladies!





Every quarter, the group chooses a theme and each create an outfit that suits our own personal tastes and fashion choices. We post them on the last Wednesday of every third month. Check out everyone’s posts with the links above for style inspiration at any age as they show you how they wear simply red.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

11 comments:

  1. I love that you have lots of red in your wardrobe. It is such a powerful colour and it looks amazing on you! That red dress is so stunning and I'm glad you were able to visit a new park and see some family. What a wonderful day! The second look is also amazing, because it really lets those red accessories shine!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that pop of red in the second outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red against the leopard. Is pure love right there. So going to have to try it out.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have a lot of red in your closet, Mica. It really looks so great on you.
    OXOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mica, red is such a gorgeous color on you! I love the first dress. It looks so cute and comfortable. And the second outfit is really fabulous! I have always liked leopard print with reds. Your red scarf and bag are absolutely brilliant. Well done, my friend!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great styling! Absolutely love the red dress with the LV tote. You look lovely!
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That coral red TOTALLY fits the theme, Mica - and such a good colour on you! I am swooning over here over your McQueen red scarf - I have two skull scarves now and would love one like that. They are pretty scarce here, though, and I won't shop online.

    Sorry for being so absent lately. Work has gotten incredibly busy and it's just sapping my energy. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fabulous in red, I love the tiered dress on you, a lovely and relaxed fit. Have a fantastic weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mica,
    Great take on simply red! The first outfit, you can't go wrong with a classic maxi dress and a great bag. Nevertheless, the second outfit with print mixing and pops of red, also delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both outfits but that red dress is so perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...