Friday 2 February 2018

30 Ways To Wear: Red Rebecca Minkoff Saddle Bag - #30wears Series

This months #30wears post is a bag I've been loving lately, my Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag. It's been a few months since I did a 30 wears post with a handbag so thought it was a nice time to do one again.

I'm enjoying my #30wears series. The 30 wears challenge is committing to wear everything you buy at least 30 times. Since I have this blog with an archive of what I wear each day that extends over 6 years, it's been interesting counting up how many times I've worn things and fun to be able to put a post together showing how I've done so. There are other bags I've worn more than this one, I just realised this was over 30 wears as I've been wearing it frequently recently and so it was perfect timing to do a post on it.


#30Wears: Rebecca Minkoff Red Saddle Bag




I bought this saddle bag in the Shopbop sale in April 2016, so it's just under 2 years old, and I've worn it over 30 times since then. In terms of cost per wear, it was $154.88 and I've worn it 33 times so that's $4.69 a wear. Higher than the often-aimed-for 'cents per wear' but considering I'll have this bag in my wardrobe for a long time yet, it's not too bad, it's going to get a lot more wear.

Red Saddle Bag With Blue Outfits


Rebecca Minkoff red studded saddle bag with blue and navy outfits | awayfromtheblue

Red and blue are such a nice combination and red and navy is one of my favourite versions of this combo. You can see in all of the pics in this post that it's a colour combination that pops up frequently. I just love the touch of colour a red bag gives against a blue outfit.


Saddle Bag With Monochrome Outfits


3 ways to wear red saddle bag with monochrome maxi skirt outfits | awayfromblue

Sometimes you just want your bag to be a pop of colour with your outfit. This bright cherry red bag is the perfect touch with a monochromatic neutral outfit. Black really makes the red shine, any neutrals do really. While I love this red bag with other colours, like the blue outfits I featured above, I do love the simplicity of a monochrome outfit of neutrals and a tiny pop of colour with a statement bag like this.


Red Saddle Bag to Compliment Other Red Pieces In An Outfit


5 outfit ideas with red Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag with complimentary clothes | awayfromblue

Sometimes I like a bit of matchy matchy, and if I'm wearing something red in my outfit I'll reach for this red saddle bag. The shades don't have to match exactly, as you can see from the red maxi skirt outfit which is slightly more yellow than the cherry red of the bag. It's still a nice combination though. This is a good way to wear a colourful bag if you're unsure how to style it as you're used to more neutral ones.


Saddle Bag With Flares


retro vibe outfits flared jeans and red saddle bag from Rebecca Minkoff fall fashion | awayfromtheblue

Pairing this red saddle bag with flared jeans has such a retro vibe, and it's probably the most worn accessory with these jeans since I started my blog. I expect this combination will pop up a few more times over winter when it gets cold enough to wear these jeans again.


Red Saddle Bag With Jeans


4 ways to wear red saddle bag and skinny jeans | awayfromtheblue blog

It's not just flared jeans I wear this bag with though. Skinny jeans are my favourite jeans style, and make up the majority of my denim collection. The red saddle bag pairs so nicely with any kind of denim, from the traditional blue jeans, classic black or fun printed pairs.


Saddle Bag with Maxi Skirts


4 Ways to Wear: red saddle bag and maxi skirt outfit ideas | awayfromtheblue

Maxi skirts don't have to be tricky to accessorise. A small cross body is my usual go-to with them, but I've worn large bags with them too. This cute cross body saddle bag is the perfect pairing with any of my maxi skirts, from a plain chambray one to a printed striped skirt.



Red Saddle Bag In Winter


ways to wear red Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag in winter | awayfromblue

Red is a trending colour this winter in the northern hemisphere. There's something about any winter that makes me reach for red accessories often though. Maybe it's because of all the blacks and greys you layer with, as red is a wonderful pop against them. This spring/summer bag still gets worn frequently in winter with cosy layers. I like to wear my dresses and skirts year round as much as my bags too.


Saddle Bag in Summer


3 ways to wear denim shorts and Rebecca Minkoff red unlined saddle bag | awayfromblue

Of course, a red bag works just as well in summer as it does in winter. There's no need to keep a bag hidden away in your wardrobe for a season. I love the way this red bag looks with shorts, it's often worn with my denim shorts in summer. While it's a little small to carry all the summer pieces like hats and sunscreen, I carry the baby bag for that and just have the essentials on me like my phone, keys and wallet while I'm running around with the boys.




Where to Buy Rebecca Minkoff Unlined Saddle Bag:






More Rebecca Minkoff Saddle Bags:







30 Ways To Wear a Red Saddle Bag Video:

For something a little different, I thought I'd do a video version of this post too, so you can hear a bit more about why I chose the bag for each outfit and what my favourite outfits were. Would love to hear what you think of the video format - good or bad!




Looking for more outfit inspiration?


I hope that this post inspired out and gave you some outfit ideas for ways you can wear a red bag. If you want more inspo, you can read 30 ways to wear a red Balenciaga velo bag, or all the 33+ times I've worn this saddle bag in my blog archives.



Want to know more about the bag and what fits inside?






Linking up with Weekend Wear, Flashback Fashion, Passion for Fashion, Lizzie in Lace, Friday Faves, Shoe & Tell, Mix It Monday, Modest Monday, Hello Monday, Trend Spin.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

77 comments:

  1. I need to get more use out of my red bag that I have... this is definitely inspiring! You really make sure you get wear out of all of your pieces in your closet. I love the bag with a b/w longer cardi you have on in one of the photos.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it inspired you with your red bag! :)

      Delete
  2. I've got a red bag and I love it so! I love how yours can be worn on the shoulder and across the body too - so handy! So impressed by your 30 wears challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a fun challenge to do! I'm enjoying it! :)

      Delete
  3. You give me so much inspiration for my everyday outfits Mica!! Beautiful bag and it's amazing that it pairs perfectly with all these outfits!! Happy Friday :)

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! At first, I was wondering how you came up with 30 outfits at a go until you explained it's a compilation of your everyday outfit. I can imagine the time and effort it took to put them all together. So inspiring. Well-done, Mica!

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.:)

    amakamedia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I snap a photo on my way out the door each day which makes compiling these posts a bit easier, although they do take time to pull together.

      Delete
  5. Aww this is a clever post, talking about making a good use of what you got. This is a pretty bag and it looks nice with everything. Great to know you're enjoying summer, we're going to have a picnic this weekend for my birthday celebration :) Have a great weekend dear!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a lovely birthday and picnic! :)

      Delete
  6. Really do love these challenges you do:) Really shows how you can get creative with what is in your wardrobe, Mica! Red is such a vibrant colour one wouldn't think it would go with a lot of outfits, but it totally does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does go with so much! It's fun looking back and seeing the different ways I've worn things.

      Delete
  7. Happy Friday Mica! Great video! A wonderful way to add color to outfits is with accessories. You accessorized beautifully with your red handbag. I also love how you are maximizing your wardrobe with the 30 wears challenge.

    I pray you and your family have a blessed weekend!
    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a great way to get more wear from my wardrobe!

      Delete
  8. Such a lovely red bag. It looks great even with every outfit. You have given me an impression to use of my red bag more often :)Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could encourage you to wear your bag more! :)

      Delete
  9. That bag is so much fun! And it goes with everything!! That's why I love bright bags, even if they're a wild color you can still wear them with so much
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They can be so much more versatile than you think!

      Delete
  10. Genuinely in awe right now of your ability to style an item in so many different ways, so impressive! My favourites include maxi skirts and/or scarves and shift dresses. Very cute! Have a lovely weekend :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's always nice to look back and see how I've worn things! :)

      Delete
  11. what a great idea for a post! All of these combinations are very stylish and cute, but I think I like this bag best with blue outfits. Against all blue outfits, this red bag stands out beautifully....but it looks pretty cool with outfits that have other red items/details.

    Have an amazing weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have created many looks around this bag. All very lovely. :)

    A Shimmer, A Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a lovely blog post idea! This bag is actually gorgeous. It's such a versatile piece.

    Have an amazing weekend beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's such a fun challenge, I'm glad I can do it each month! :)

      Delete
  14. That saddle bag is cute, and it looks great with everything! Hope you all have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I really need a new bag, I just have one plain black one for work and then the diaper bag that I don't really need now anymore.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to giving up the nappy bag one day! Still using it at the moment though, it's easiest for carrying everything when I'm with the boys :)

      Delete
  16. What a fun bag! Your posts always inspire me to wear what I already own! I hope you have a great weekend!
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad I could inspire you, that's what I set out to do with these posts! :)

      Delete
  17. I love a good saddle bag, this one gives a beautiful extra pop of colour! Xx

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute bag, and I love how versatile it is, it really works well with jeans and dresses and everything in between! I've found that red is a great accessory color to make my outfits pop, and my red bag is also one of my most often used ones!

    Jenny | Geeky Posh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a red bag really can go with so much!

      Delete
  19. This is such a gorgeous bag that looks great with every outfit, Mica! I think red is such a fabulous colour that really adds vibrancy to every outfit. Hope you have a great weekend, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, all 30 ways are just amazing. You did that girl! I'm all for getting a lot of wears out of lovely pieces and this bag is no exception. Have a lovely weekend Mica!


    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was going to buy a bag super similar to this one, they have a great size and they always look versitile. LOve they ways you show it here :)

    http://telltalesofdiana.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you did buy the bag - I'm so glad I got this one! :)

      Delete
  22. That's a lot of use out of a red bag. I have a few red bags in my collection and I rarely use them because I don't think they go with my outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this gave you more ideas for how to wear yours, they can go with so much! :)

      Delete
  23. Gorgeous bag! Love the studs! I think it can be styled nicely with any look!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    http://www.outlanderly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think a red bag is in general a staple in each wardrobe and your Rebecca Minkoff bag is definitely a wonderful piece! I see it goes with surprisingly many outfits and I'm convinced you will wear this bag many years.
    But what I want to ask you: do you have a table or a sheet where you put in what you have worn on each day? Or do you simply watch pictures and count how often you wore what?
    Enjoy your weekend!
    With love from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just search my blog archives and count it up! I have a label I use for my handbags which makes it easy, I can look at the label and see how many posts I have for a bag. For clothing pieces, I just search for the name and see how many times it's been worn.

      Delete
  25. First of all your outfits are all adorable. Second I adore a red purse. I carried one for several years and totally loved it. I might just need a little red purse in my life again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun colour of bag to have! :)

      Delete
  26. Loving all your outfits! You wouldn't think a red bag would be so versatile but it just goes so seamlessly with all your outfits!
    xx

    Lizzie | Takeoffs & Landings

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a pretty bag, it provides the perfect pop of color to your outfits <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love red paired with navy. And I really love that saddle bag. I almost brought this myself in tan (I think around the same time as yours since it was on sale too!) but I can't remember why I didn't go ahead. Definitely a major regret but I guess it wasn't meant to be

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thera rea lot of other cute tan bags out there though! I couldn't resist this one on major sale :)

      Delete
  29. That bag is so cute and adorable and so are the outfits! Just love them!
    Victoria-Maria xx || Vidcaria

    ReplyDelete
  30. I feel like this blog post is a good way to justify if you fancy splurging on an expensive bag - that you MUST wear it a set amount of times if you're to buy it! I think this is a really good exercise we could all do with undertaking from time to time! You've done it effortlessly!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's exactly the purpose of the #30wears challenge! You question if things will really get worn before you add them to your wardrobe :)

      Delete
  31. love these styles! great ideas for outfits
    x

    Hadas | The Fashion Matters - Luxury Blog

    ReplyDelete
  32. This handbag is so pretty and I love how much it adds to a outfit x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  33. That bag is so versatile :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  34. Red is becoming one of my favorite colors to accessorize with! And it's such a versatile color, as you've shown here. Definitely need to keep in mind the 30 wears thing, I think it's such a great way to get a lot of use out of each item - that or maybe it's time to donate!

    Sam / My Beauty Cloud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a wonderful tool to use when buying things, to ask yourself if you will wear them 30 times. It's such a good takeaway from The True Cost movie.

      Delete
  35. I love saddle bags and they do go with any outfit really. 30 looks! that's a lot of work hun! fantastic job xx

    http://www.elegantduchess.com/2018/01/30/3-reasons-your-wardrobe-needs-a-teddy-bear-coat/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take photos every day so it's not too much work coming up with the outfits - I don't do it all at once! :)

      Delete
  36. It's such a cute bag and really seems to pop against blue clothing. Love all the ways you've worn it!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! that's amazing how you have 30 ways to wear the bag! I always heard about owning a red bag is really hard to match with anything. But you matched them so well! I might end up getting a red bag afterall!!! Thanks for sharing as always!

    www.petiteandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it definitely can go with so much! :)

      Delete
  38. Such a cute bag and I love all the perfect ways you styled it!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love that bag. The color is so fun and I love how it can either accent the color in your outfit or stand out against neutrals. It really does work with so many things.
    Have a great week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  40. That bag is so perfect! The bright red is a fun accent piece and the style and size of it makes it easy to wear!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  41. One of the things I like is that by finding creative ways to reuse what you already have instead of buying others, you end up saving money. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There are so many benefits to the #30wears challenge, there's a great post about it on The True Cost movie website and the avantages!

      Delete
  42. That bag is such a fun pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  43. My favourite way is with the shift dress in navy and white! They're all unique and different though and I had no idea you could create so many different combinations with a red bag, but you can! It's proven to be a lot more versatile than I thought xx.

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is quite a versatile bag, the colour goes with more than you'd think!

      Delete
  44. I don't have a red saddle bag, but I do have a red patent leather bag that has not been getting much use. That needs to change after seeing all this fabulous inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration, hope you have a lot of fun wearing your bag again! :)

      Delete
  45. I love red accessories and especially a red handbag. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  46. You're getting a lot of wear out of that bag! It is lovely! I love it with red & navy, but it looks great with so many other colors and neutrals. Awesome post.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you all for your lovely comments. It's always so nice to see people getting ideas from the 30 wears posts, they are a lot of fun to put together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. That's such a classic bag. Loving the straightforward style, and perfect size too. Simplicity and practicality at its finest.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love that red bag - i also love how you have gotten so much use out of it. I was always scared of buying a purse of a different color because I think that I won’t wear enough of that color. Wow I was wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Yay on getting so much wear out of it !
    Totally makes it a worthy purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love love the pop of color this brings!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...