Monday 5 September 2016

Stripes, Jeans, Cardigans and Rebecca Minkoff Love Bag

If you've got a good thing, why change it? Stripes, cardigans and jeans make winter dressing easy. Stripes add a little more interest than a block colour, but I still find them easy to wear with all of my printed scarves. And of course a classic grey handbag like the Rebecca Minkoff love bag goes with everything too.

What I wore:

Magenta skull scarf stripes skinny jeans Winter SAHM style Rebecca Minkoff Love bag | Away From Blue


Rebecca Minkoff charcoal grey quilted Love cross body bag black cardi | Away From The Blue
SunniesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Jacket: Cotton On black knit wrap cardigan
ScarfAlexander McQueen magenta skull scarf in roses print
TankAtmos & Here Oregon stripe tank (on sale!)
JeansJeanswest Bindi skinny 7/8 jeans in indigo luxe
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats (on sale!)
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey (on sale in pink)

Why I wore it:

Realised I hadn't worn this striped tank for a while, so got it out for another wear. Plus it gave me an excise to wear the magenta scarf I recently rediscovered in my wardrobe. Simple and comfortable outfit for running a few errands and getting some lunch. I really like the pop of colour this scarf gives to a black outfit.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, Alexander McQueen skull scarfblack cardigan, striped tank, skinny jeans, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag.

Other ways to wear: magenta skull scarf and neon tankblack cardigan and flares, striped tank and a maxi skirt, skinny jeans and a tweed jacket, silver ballet flats and printed jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag and a maxi dress.





What I wore:

Winter print mixing stripes blanket scarf flares and wool maxi cardigan | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey | AwayFromTheBlue
ScarfMarc by Marc Jacobs scarf in Island pine-print
TeeAtmos&Here 3/4 sleeve stripe tee in berry white
JeansJeanswest 'spoylt' flared jeans
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey (on sale in pink)

Why I wore it:

I liked the outfit combo above so wore a very similar thing again, just a little more colourful. Although the scarf has red in the print and the tee is more of a burgundy I think they looked nice together.

Had to take baby boy for a quick checkup. It was actually quite a warm day, I ended up taking the cardigan off by the time we got to the doctors as the tee has long sleeves. With it being spring now and it starting to warm up I think the opportunities to wear this wool cardi will come less often. I wore it 17 times over 4 months which is pretty good considering it's a very cosy wool and we had such a hot autumn and mild winter. It will definitely get more wear next year too.


Last worn: Alice wool cardigan, printed blanket scarf, striped tee, flared jeans, ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag (above).

Other ways to wearlong wool cardigan and boots, printed blanket scarf and a teal henley, striped tee and a baby bump, flared jeans and a leather jacket, ballet flats and a wrap dress, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag and denim shorts.


Linking up with On Trend, Turning Heads, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday, Midweek Inspo, What I Wore.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

54 comments:

  1. Cute black and white stripe top. Especially love the first styling of the top.

    My Small World

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the combination of scarves and printed tshirts, such mix of prints is always fun to see. I love how you styled both of these outfits, you look great.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit! That style of cardigan is what we love the most - it's versatile and it can also be worn with dresses. :)
    Hope to see more posts like these.

    http://theteelieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I've worn both of these cardigans so much over winter :)

      Delete
  4. I'm a big fan of stripes, and loving both outfits:) Fall is coming here now so it's time for us to bust out our wool cardis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe just as I'm thinking about packing mine away! :)

      Delete
  5. I agree, if you have a good uniform, stick with it! I usually do the same in Winter, except no scarf (I can never seem to style them well) and a solid sweater, haha!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes uniforms make getting dressed easy! :)

      Delete
  6. I love both of the cardigans! It's starting to get a bit cold here so I'm already living in a long grey cardigan too. Hope you enjoy your summer :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome outfits!

    http://carinazz.blogspot.com.ee/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this bag! Reminds me a Chanel bag but for a fraction of the price :)

    http://www.michellespaige.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great budget alternative to the Chanel boy bag :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely outfit! Great post x

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both looks are cute and adorable. The first one is my favorite. LOVE your bag!!!
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. The scarf and top are a beautiful color combination!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the first outfit more as it's darker in colour and I'm naturally drawn to dark shades. I adore the pop of bright colour from the scarf too.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know, I like that RM bag so much that I am actually waiting for the price to be lowered in a local store... I am going before the end of the week, so MAYBE, just maybe we'll be bag twins ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHame you didn't get this Rebecca Minkoff bag in the end, but I do like the one you got! :)

      Delete
  14. Stripes and a cardigan are always a good idea. I am loving the magenta scarf especially. I have thought about buying that bag. Do you like it?

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the love bag, highly recommended! :) It's a little bigger than a mini MAC and perfect for fitting everything I need in :)

      Delete
  15. 2 outfits that I love equally! Stripes are so easy to wear with anything. I do think I'm leaning more towards the look with the pink scarf...slightly :)

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can never go wrong with stripes so I love both of both of these looks! That first one is my favorite--I LOVE the color of that scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a gorgeous bag!!! both outfits are great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love stripes! The stripes go so well with the scarves! Great outfits! Beautiful bag, too!

    Have a great week!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  19. That Mcqueen scarf is so good! I have the black version, but this pink makes me wish I owned that one instead :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you can go wrong no matter what colour your McQueen scarf is! :)

      Delete
  20. Love both outfits...I wish I could pull off scarves like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you! I just kind of throw them on most mornings!

      Delete
  21. Great combination! The bag suits you well, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. You can't beat the classics Mica! A striped tee will always look good and be in style. Love both outfits. I knew you would get a lot of wear out of that cardigan. It looks fabulous on you!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Kim, stripes are a classic! And yes, this cardigan has worked so hard over autumn/winter! :)

      Delete
  23. I love your print mixing with the scarves and top! Together they really add interest to your outfit! You have such a lovely collection of scarves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do like my scarves, probably have too many!

      Delete
  24. You can't beat a good striped tee, that's for sure. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  25. I feel the same way about not being able to beat the classics!

    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, 17 times is AMAZING! You got more out of it than what it was worth, so right on! Getting the most bang for your buck is the best way to shop. Glad it's warming up a little for you now. Maybe that will help with the sniffles. (; My most repeated look was kimonos and v neck tees. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe kimonos and tees will be my go-to shortly as it warms up! And yes I'm hoping that we kick all this winter sickness soon, it's been a tough couple of months.

      Delete
  27. You have such a fun collection of scarves! I would totally wear outfit number one! As a redhead, I'm wary of red stripes, but outfit number two looks great on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great pattern mixing and outfit combinations. Perfect for the beginning of fall. Being able to layer clothes is reason enough to love the fall... and anything pumpkin spice. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the color of the scarf and this french influence of stripes and adorable flats! This is the bag I was looking for initially the darker grey. Love it!
    Thanks for linking up with Turning heads tuesday
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colourful versions you got instead of the grey :)

      Delete
  30. Ah, I have the same bag in lavender! I just got it a few weeks ago at a Rebecca Minkoff event. I can't wait to wear it!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. You can never go wrong with stripes. Always smart and classic! You really got some great wear out of that cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You can never go wrong with stripes, and I love your top paired with the cardigan and pink scarf. Also love your bag!!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I adore all quilted bags...yours is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  34. SO comfy and stylish looks! Simply Beautiful!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your bag! Such a classic staple! I agree, if something in your wardrobe works, why change it?

    -Katie
    http://hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Replies
    1. Stripes and anything...haha! Stripe addict here ;)

      Delete
  37. Stripes are a classic and an excellent item to repeat! I love how you styled your stripes especially how you layered your looks!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you all for your kind comments! :) GReat to see I'm not alone in my love for stripes...and scarves!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...