Monday 21 November 2022

Printed Dresses And Floral Bag | Weekday Wear Link Up

Sharing two printed light long sleeve dresses I wore for hot spring days recently for today's Weekday Wear Link Up. Added my little personalised Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag for even more print and colour with these dresses.


What I wore:

Kmart long sleeve black tie neck dress in floral wisteria print with studded sandals and floral painted bag | awayfromblue

black floral dress with Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila | awayfromtheblue


Dress: Kmart long sleeve black tie neck dress in floral wisteria print
Belt: came with dress
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual
Bag: Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila


Why I wore it:

This was such a hot and humid day. I wanted to wear as little as possible while still being dressed enough for working from home and doing the school run. This dress I purchased at the Kmart clearance recently was just perfect. While it is black, it's super light and loose and I didn't belt it too tightly. With a little bit of breeze around and this providing some physical cover from the sun, I felt really quite cool in this - and a lot more pulled together than I felt on such a hot and humid day! The loose fit was just what I needed in the sticky heat.

I'd been eager to try this bag with the dress, although they are different flowers and the Wisteria print on the dress is pink and the Roses on the bag are purple, I really liked the combination together. Added sandals because it was far too hot for closed in sneakers.


Last worn: black floral print midi dress, sandalsRebecca Minkoff personalised mini MAB tote bag.

Other ways to wearblack floral print midi dress and ankle boots, sandals and maxi skirtRebecca Minkoff personalised mini MAB tote bag and pink dress.

Perfect for pregnancy: sandals in second trimester.


Overview of Detail On My Hand Painted Bag - Youtube Shorts







What I wore:

navy blue tile print boho dress sneakers floral print bag | awayfromblue

navy printed dress and Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila | awayfromblue


Dress: Jeanswest 'Chelsea' printed dress
ShoesAdidas Stan Smith sneakers in white and navy
Bracelets: the usual
Bag: Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila


Why I wore it:

Unlike the outfit above, I wasn't entirely sure this hand painted floral bag would work with this dress. But I was determined to give it a try! I really liked the navy of the dress with the floral print on the bag. Even though the tile print on the dress is an incredibly busy print, I think with the coordinating blues together in both prints, this was a nice combination. It's good I'm able to wear this bag with printed pieces, gives me more opportunity to wear it and share Sheila's beautiful artwork with everyone!

Thankfully it was a quiet day. This dress and sneakers combination was perfect for the school run, a couple of errands in the morning then working from home, and an appointment for my son in the afternoon.


Last worn: blue tile print dress, Adidas Stan Smith sneakersRebecca Minkoff personalised mini MAB tote bag (above).

Other ways to wearblue tile print dress and blazer, Adidas Stan Smith sneakers and jeansRebecca Minkoff personalised mini MAB tote bag and plain dress.

Perfect for pregnancyblue tile print dress in second trimester.


How You Can Wear It:

Printed bags do pair nicely with printed dresses! If you're unsure, stick with similar colour schemes - both these printed dresses have different amounts and shades of blue in them that work with the blue flowers on the bag.



Weekday Wear Linkup #196


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

43 comments:

  1. That floral bag is such a piece of art and I like dresses whit which you style it. Amazing combination. Also it is so interesting to see sun because at my place snowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is perfect for both of these dresses! Love the colors!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your dresses do work well with Sheila's hand painted bag, but my favourite must be the first one. It's getting really cold here, with temperatures just above freezing point, so it's kind of hard to imagine it being hot and sticky! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress and bag look so good together I'm going to have to wear them together again!

      Delete
  4. I love how well the bag co-ordinates with the first dress, it looks as if they were made for each other! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I like the floral on floral, will have to try it again!

      Delete
  5. Love both of these dresses Mica! I adore the print of the second and that painted bag is so amazing. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty printed dresses! Thanks for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mica, that bag is beautiful! I love the colors and the gorgeous flowers. It does work really well with other prints. I absolutely love that first dress! It really allows the artwork on your bag to pop, too.

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both dresses and such a pretty spring bag. I hope you have a nice week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great that your floral purse mixes so well with other prints. Blue + more blue is always a win in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look lovely. Gorgeous bag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cuteeeeeee bag!!! I totally want it too!
    I'ts the perfect complement for bot your looks, add a touch of spring and fancyness!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW. That floral purse is incredible! What a gorgeous piece that is truly so special. It looks beautiful with the dresses you wore. Such a perfect statement!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a special piece - it makes me smile every time I wear it! :)

      Delete
  13. The floral is such a great contrast. It’s so pretty and looks elegant. Hope your enjoying this season so far.
    https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2022/11/now-trending-dazzling-disco-party-edit.html?spref=pi&m=1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your customized bag is fabulous, Sheila has created a beautiful masterpiece of wearable art for you! The colors work so well with your spring dresses, and everything you've paired it with. Thanks for sharing and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Los dos vestidos son hermosos, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  16. That bag is just something else Mica. Absolutely amazing. And I love how you print mixed with both outfits by including it. Bravo!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun to try print mixing with this bag :)

      Delete
  17. I think your custom bag works wonderfully with both dresses but especially the first one! It's just such a gorgeous bag! Sheila really did a fabulous job!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. The printed dress is so pretty, and the bag is beautiful with both of these dresses.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that dark floral midi dress on you, it really does look lovely and shows off your pretty blonde hair a treat! Sheila's bag goes perfectly with the tile print dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in awe of just how amazingly well this bag goes with everything! Love it:) And the dresses are lovely as well, Mica. I've been eyeing a sewing pattern for something similar to your first dress in this post...just such a lovely piece to have in the wardrobe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you would love this if you sewed it! I am so glad I stumbled across this on sale, it's really been worn a lot since I got it!

      Delete
  21. Oh, I love that first outfit! The pairing of the bag with the dress is inspired. It works beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  22. if you ask me: it's the dress for me. I absolutely love you wearing flowers, it works perfecly with your tender facial features. The bag is absolutely amazing and I can't help but love it as well. Sheila did an outstanding job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This bag is absolutely fabulous, Mica. You look so lovely in both dresses. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This bag is absolutely fabulous, Mica. You look so lovely in both dresses. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such an easy, pretty and feminine outfit formula that can also take you easily from day to evening. Loving that wisteria print dress!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, that first dress is an inspired match for the bag, Mica! I'm amazed at how much you've paired with it. Love both outfits - stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes with so much in my wardrobe, the colours you chose are just perfect and I'm having a lot of fun wearing it! thank you again!

      Delete
  27. Your new bag goes so well with that first dress! I love the combination!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this dress hun, suits the bag so well x Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your handbag is beautiful.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love both of these beautiful dresses, Mica!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks all for your kind comments on Sheila's artwork - and for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...