Monday 13 February 2023

Printed Kmart culottes, Plain Tees and Yellow Crossbody | Weekday Wear Link Up

Shorts and tee for today's Weekday Wear Link Up, thanks to the late summer heatwaves in Brisbane. Got out my Kmart printed culottes, which were a must-have for me last summer but haven't been worn as much yet this summer. Paired them with plain and colourful tees, to let the shorts and the bright yellow Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bag be the focal points of my outfits.


What I wore:




Necklace: thrifted pearl and heart charm long necklace
TeeCotton On The One fitted v tee in washed red clay
Shorts: thrifted Kmart pastel soft culotte shorts in floral print
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5 zip 


Why I wore it:

When I thrifted these Kmart printed culottes, I just got them because I already had and loved another pair in a different print (that I'm wearing below). I didn't really think about what I'd wear with them, so I am pleasantly surprised when I find so many good pairings in my wardrobe for them! This clay tee matches the darker rust in the print of the shorts so well.

I like the matchy-matchy of the shorts and tee together, and although the yellow bag doesn't match any of the outfit, I thought it was a nice pop of colour. Just needed a small crossbody as I didn't need much for a quiet day. The school run, working from home, and an appointment at the vets for Cooper at lunch time.


Last worn: clay tee, heart and pearl charm necklace, Kmart pastel print culottes, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5-zip bag.

Other ways to wearclay tee and maxi skirt, Kmart pastel print culottes with pink and purple, Rebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5-zip bag and navy dress.


Rebeca Minkoff Mini 5-Zip Review:







What I wore:




Necklace: Kmart gold and navy beaded necklace
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversized tee in wine
Shorts: Kmart culotte short in navy lemon print
ShoesNovo Tawny rose gold sandals
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5 zip 


Why I wore it:

This outfit is a bit darker than the one above, but still just as good for the heat! This slouchy deep purple tee always pairs so nicely with navy. I added a bit more navy for some matchy-matchy with the necklace also.

Another super hot day, but a little more running around to do with the school run, working from home again, and errands and visit to the library in the afternoon, so I went with these rose gold sandals for comfort.

Again I wore the little yellow Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bag. It's not an exact match with the yellow in the print of the culottes, but like in the outfit above, I really like the pop of colour it adds, especially with the purple tee.

I'm determined to get to 30 wears with this tee and I'm so close, but it's a super soft mix of spandex and modal and the spandex is not holding up too well. I feel the tee gets droopier and droopier every time I wear it, haha! Not something I will be able to keep in my wardrobe for long past 30 wears unfortunately. I had a similar issue with the grey tee I purchased around the same time, made from the same materials, and it's why I prefer buying cotton tees.


Last worn: wine tee, navy and gold beaded necklace, navy printed culottes, rose gold sandals, yellow Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip (above).

Other ways to wearwine tee over a dress, navy printed culottes and mustard knit, rose gold sandals and maxi dress, yellow Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip and black jeans.

Perfect for pregnancy: wine tee in third trimester.




Weekday Wear Linkup #207


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

34 comments:

  1. The print of the second pair of shorts is super pretty! Both outfits look perfect for warm days!

    I hope you had a wonderful weekend, friend! :) We had a busy one here, but ready to get the week started!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the print of both pairs of shorts! These are the cutest summer looks!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cool factor in each of these looks! The yellow bag is a wonderful contrast. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shorts are darling on you in both outfits and I love the bright yellow bag with them! I can see why you wanted them in two colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such great shorts for summer! :)

      Delete
  5. It's so wonderful when there are pieces that are weather appropriate but still look super stylish! I love both looks. That yellow purse is gorgeous. Such a fun colour. I hope you have a fantastic week <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two perfect outfits for the heat of summer-you look so cool and comfortable! Love your cute printed culottes with the tie belt. It's such a nice surprise to find something you already know you love at the op shop. Enjoy your week and thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Short-sleeved Ts are so difficult to get to 30 wears and beyond. They shrink, they stretch out, they get "droopy" as these did...it feels like it's always something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had more success with ones that are just 100% cotton for sure, so that's what I reach for now when shopping :)

      Delete
  8. Both outfits look so cute, I love their color stories! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love a pop of colour. The yellow is so pretty and it’s a fun way to add personality into your outfit. I hope your having a lovely week so far.
    https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2023/02/inside-latest-heart-shaped-handbag-trend.html?spref=pi&m=1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both prints on the shorts, Mica! I am not sure I would call these culottes (which are wide, but typically knee-length or longer), but whatever you call 'em, these are super-cute. That is too bad about the dark purple tee, as it's a really great colour. Modal is VERY stretchy.

    Hope you have a great week - thank you for the link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Culotte shorts technically! I love them no matter what they are called, as you said they are so cute!

      Delete
  11. I always love that shape of shorts/culottes because they aren't as hot in the summer.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These shorts both have such fun prints! I love your bags here too.

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both outfits look great for hot summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you look so feminine and cute in these outfits, Mica! And, I love the bag with both!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. The yellow bag really pops against these outfits! Thanks for the link up

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute as always, Mica! Please send some of that Brisbane heat wave over here:D And I really love that yellow bag! I have some small leather scraps of that colour and have been meaning to use it....maybe for a small wallet. It adds such a great pop of colour in your outfits for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see the yellow wallet you make with the scraps! :)

      Delete
  17. Super cute outfits. Looking at them I can't wait to start wearing shorts and dresses soon.
    Hope you're having a great week so far.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving your printed shorts - like Sheila, I wouldn't call them culottes - but the first one, and outfit, is my favourite. Swooning over that gorgeous yellow bag! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You could always layer another shirt under the t-shirt to get more wear out of it.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I have layered it over a dress before :)

      Delete
  20. Muy bonitos outfits, me encantaron los dos shorts, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Always impressed that you keep track of how many wears! I wish I did but I am too lazy!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The yellow bag gives me all the Spring feels! Super cute with your looks :)) I can see myself styling that fabulous bag!

    Cheers,
    Tania
    https://inspiremyfancy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely LOVE Rebecca Minkoff bags. I find they are a GREAT size - not too big as to weigh your shoulder down, they always come with a nice crossbody strap, but they are big enough for all essentials, and have a nice boho flair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have so many bags from this brand, they are great everyday bags!

      Delete
  24. I love both outfits! The shorts look so soft and comfy! Have a great weekend!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the color of your tee in outfit #1! It has seriously become my jam. I also definitely had a tee in the same shade of dark purple and a navy skirt with a similar pattern on it, so I got a weird sense of deja vu when I saw outfit #2, like that I had created it with my own things at some point, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome you have similar pieces and wore them together too! Purple and navy are just so perfect together :)

      Delete
  26. Thanks for all your comments - and for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...