Friday 9 July 2021

Kmart Tiered Midi Dresses, Chloe Paraty Bag For Kids Birthday Parties

Easy weekend outfits for a fun weekend hosting birthday parties for my son! Kept it simple with my Kmart tiered midi dresses in bold colours, sneakers for all the running around, and my cute little periwinkle blue Chloe Paraty bag that works so well with both outfits despite the different colour schemes.


What I wore:

white denim jacket and Kmart short sleeve tiered jersey midi dress in amber with Adidas Superstar sneakers Chloe paraty bag | away from blue

amber tiered dress with Chloe periwinkle small Paraty | away from blue

awayfromblue Instagram | Kmart short sleeve tiered jersey midi dress in amber with cotton on white girlfriend denim jacket


JacketCotton On girlfriend denim jacket in whitehaven
Necklace: Polka Luka Paradiso triple strand resin necklace transparent cobalt
Dress: Kmart short sleeve tiered jersey midi dress in amber 
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD, House of Harlow sunburst wrap bracelet in cobalt
BagChloe periwinkle small Paraty


Why I wore it:

My son had been asking if he could have a birthday party at this indoor play place for a while, so we decided to go for it. It meant two birthday parties - this day with his school friends running around playing and then another party the next day for family.

It was a very loud day but thankfully the play place provided us a party host, so when all the parents kept complimenting me on how well the day had gone and how smoothly everything had run I could just point to the wonderful staff who knew how to handle groups of overexcited screaming first graders much better than I!

With the bright amber dress there was no way the parents wouldn't be able to spot me as I moved around the play place, although I did add the white jacket to cover up my arms a little in case it was a cold day. The party area was upstairs and the play area downstairs so I'm glad I wore the Adidas Superstar sneakers as I had a lot of running up and down stairs during the day!

The blue necklace and wrap bracelet, although different shades from each other and the periwinkle blue Chloe Paraty bag, go so nicely with the amber midi dress. I liked how I could fit the camera in my Chloe Paraty too although I kept forgetting to take pics through the day - it just flew by so quickly! My son really enjoyed it.


Last worn: white denim jacket, earringsblue Polka Luka resin necklace, amber Kmart tiered midi dress, Adidas Superstar sneakers, Chloe periwinkle small Paraty bag.

Other ways to wearwhite denim jacket and maxi skirt, amber Kmart tiered midi dress and black accessories, Adidas Superstar sneakers with double denim, Chloe periwinkle small Paraty bag and shorts.



Chloe Handbag Collection: Past and Present






What I wore:

purple cardigan with Kmart short sleeve tiered jersey dress in Fuchsia glitter sneakers and Chloe paraty bag | awayfromblue

pink tiered dress with Chloe periwinkle small Paraty and purple cardigan | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | birthday part host outfit pink tiered midi dress with purple cardigan birthday party decorations space


Earrings: Piper gold heart earrings
Jacket: Jeanswest Peggie kimono cardigan in purple mulberry marle
Necklace: engraved interlinked silver circle family name necklace
Dress: Kmart short sleeve tiered jersey dress in Fuchsia
Shoes: Kmart sparkly silver glitter sneakers
BagChloe periwinkle small Paraty


Why I wore it:

After the hectic and extremely loud party the day before, this was much more relaxed. Instead of a room of loud first graders we invited some family around to celebrate at home. There was a small last minute panic when I realised I'd forgotten to get some fruit salad for the younger attendees and so a quick run to the shop was needed, but for the rest of the time it was a very laid back day.

I've worn a magenta pink dress with this purple cocoon cardigan for my son's birthday party in the past, I knew the purple cardigan would work with this pink dress too! I liked the silver necklace with it as well, even if the hardware on the Chloe Paraty bag is gold and I was wearing gold earrings. The necklace matched my fun glitter shoes well.

It was a lot warmer day than I anticipated - I ended up rolling up the sleeves of this cardigan for a bit and considering removing it entirely as we spent some time enjoying the sunshine and playing outside in the back garden.


Last worn: purple cocoon cardigan, heart earringscircle necklace, fuchsia Kmart tiered midi dress, silver glitter sneakers, Chloe small Paraty bag (above).

Other ways to wearpurple cocoon cardigan and shortsfuchsia Kmart tiered midi dress for dinner, silver glitter sneakers and shorts, Chloe small Paraty bag and blue sundress.

Perfect for pregnancypurple cocoon cardigan in second trimester.


How You Can Wear It:

You can easily layer up a short sleeved midi dress for a cooler day with a light jacket or cardigan. You can stick with a neutral denim jacket like in the first outfit, or go more colourful and cosy like I have in the second outfit with the purple cardigan.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

69 comments:

  1. Love that bag and the first outfit is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both these looks and great thought on wearing sneakers for hosting a kids' party; there is always so much running around to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag have such a cool shape and color. I like it so much and I hope so that you have amazing week and wish you beautiful weekend.

    www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really threw some great parties - I just did Eleanor's 4th birthday a couple of weeks ago but we're still under a lot of restrictions here (well, we were then) so it was just grandparents invited so we could keep it to fewer than 10 people - we just had it at the house and went way over the top with a Paw Patrol theme in lieu of having many guests.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I never used to be into the themes much but I'm going all out now after 2020, started in lockdown, haha! Cake and plates and cups and decorations...Hope she had a fun party despite the small guest list!

      Delete
  5. lovely outfits and you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love both of these outfits...and the bag is SO cute and stylish!😊😊

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those play places for birthday parties - just show up and done! I really like the first outfit so much - the colors are pretty on you and the necklace and bag are so complimentary to the neutral color of the dress!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first outfit is hands down my favourite outfit on you in recent memory, Mica! The amber-y yellow dress is SO GOOD with your blues, and the addition of the white sneakers and jacket help tone it down a bit. I bet you got a lot of compliment on it, as this look really suits you.

    I like the colour combo in the second outfit (and mixing metals is completely approved by me!), but it pales against the first outfit, in my opinion. LOVE the sparkly sneakers! Great finish!

    Happy birthday to your son! I remember when both of your kids were born - can you believe it's been so long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! We have known each other through blog land for so long, and I'm glad I stumbled across your blog you're always so knowledgeable and kind! :) I really loved that first outfit too!

      Delete
  9. I love both maxi dresses. Definitely my go to at kids parties too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great in both outfits as usual. It sounds like you had nice parties for you son. I hope you have a nice weekend Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks beautiful.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally obsessed with the first look!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the look sweetie!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. These maxis are superb on yu ! I especially love the colour of te first one! My post runs on Fridays so I always link up with you during the following week!! Have a fun weekend sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the white denim jacket with your rust colored dress! That is such a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lindo vestido adoro el bolso. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really rock both looks. That handbag is so nice. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello!
    you look great in these styles :) cute!
    inspiring style :)
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a busy, fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm loving both of your outfit choices, Mica, but like Sheila, my heart goes out to the first one. The amber dress is delightful and the periwinkle blue bag is just perfect with it. Happy birthday to your son, by the way! I'm glad to hear you were able to give him the birthday party of his dreams! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one is my favourite too! Yes I'm so glad we had no restrictions and could have the party he wanted!

      Delete
  21. The party place sounds wonderful! So glad to hear everyone had a good time and the staff was excellent. I love what you wore to the party. I love the colour of that tiered dress and the denim jacket over top. So stylish!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been thinking of the paraty for a while, and that color is really beautiful!
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I got this - it's the perfect bag for me, I love it!

      Delete
  23. Love both of these looks; I enjoy seeing your maxi dress/skirt and sneakers outfits because you do it so well. Congrats on making it through a busy yet fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a comfortable looking dress, love the colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooo I love the fit of those dresses; the orange is a really flattering colour on you too! The birthday party sounds fun - I'm glad they have good hosts, it would be SO stressful having to be in charge on your own haha x

    mia // https://beautiful-inspiring-creative-life.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I couldn't control a group of kids that large on my own - so thankful for the hosts!

      Delete
  26. Love the amber dress and jacket! Have a great week Mica! xx

    Danielle's Beauty Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  27. Los dos outfits son muy bonitos, pero mi preferido es el primero, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both outfits look lovely and very appropriate for a kids' party. Happy birthday to the little one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love both of these looks but the first one is my fave. Love the contrast of the yellow with the light denim and pops of blue!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. The first outfit is very pretty.

    Love that bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love both of these outfits. Great midi dresses. You look very pretty.
    I'm happy to hear you son's birthday party went to well.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look amazing in both outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love how you style this Chloé bag in 2 different color combination.
    Theses 2 outfits are beautiful.
    I love your long dresses.
    xx
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it just goes so well with so many colours! :)

      Delete
  34. Glad your son had a great birthday. Love how you paired the jacket over the first dress.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love both your outfits Mica and the bag is the star. So pretty. I love the color :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love that bag and the first outfit is absolutely gorgeous!
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy birthday to your son! How sweet that he got two parties to celebrate :) The outfit combination you chose for hosting duties is a great choice since it combines effortless style with comfort, not ot mention the colors are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a lovely dress! The bag goes very well with it. Happy belated birthday to your son!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the color of the first dress. It’s my favorite!

    Bisma Rauf / Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy birthday to your son! 😊

    I like this dress model - it is very comfortable and ... versatile.
    You have an impressive collection of bags!
    I wish you happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hope the birthday party went great this weekend! You look so cute in both looks too.That lilac color is just gorgeous on you!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  42. Sounds like your son had a lovely birthday! I love the mustard dress!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Both dresses are so cute and look great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. The maxi dresses loook beautiful and comfy! I really like the color of the first dress on you!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love that orange midi dress! You truly look amazing in the outfit and I love how you styled it with those sneakers!

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  46. Both the outfits look so beautiful in you...love how u styled it...
    Xx, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. You look very beautiful! Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! Have a great week my dear! 💐💐💐

    ReplyDelete
  48. I like the orange on so much! You look so beautiful in this outfit!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hello Mica, nice to know that you were able to throw up some celebrations! I really miss these kind of situations from the pre covid era but luckily you had a really nice time and you had food involved which is always great!

    I like both options of course, and you know I really love color! This time I'd say the amber option is my favorite and now I am realizing that I don't have a lot of things in that color.... I should get some soon :)

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm so lucky that there were no restrictions in place for my kids parties this year - it's hard when they call another 3 day lockdown and parties need to be changed up!

      Delete
  50. the first outfit is definitely perfect fora loud party in my eyes. The bag is lovely, the color has my heart

    ReplyDelete
  51. The white denim jacket looks so good with the dress! Glad you were able to enjoy some celebrations!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Both of dresses are so beautiful, and your outfits are inspiring for me!
    That party table is so cute, too!!!

    akiko
    https://kimonosnack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Mica, these dresses are so cute. I really like the tiered maxi style on you and the colors are so beautiful. It looks like such a great time was had with all the birthday celebrations! Happy Birthday to your little one! Thanks for linking with me!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love your dresses and the tiered style is so in! You know I am especially dfond of the first color. That bag is gorgeous too!
    Happy Birthday to your son!
    jess xx
    thanks for linking
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thanks all for your kind comments and for the birthday wishes for my son - he had an awesome party filled weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...