Monday 5 July 2021

Graphic Tees, Denim Jackets, Maxi Skirts and Converse with Chloe Paraty | Weekday Wear Link Up

Winterising my maxi skirts with some denim jackets, with mixed results after Brisbane had a much colder than usual start to winter in the early days of June!


What I wore:

denim jacket, graphic tee, red printed maxi skirt, blue converse, small paraty bag | away from blue

red printed maxi skirt with Chloe periwinkle small Paraty | awayfromblue


Jacket: Jeanswest Kitty denim biker jacket
NecklaceHouse of Harlow Dynamic necklace in gold
Tee: Primark Edinburgh white graphic tee
Skirtthrifted Billabong 'Don't Think Of It' bikini red printed maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star coast blue
BagChloe periwinkle small Paraty


Why I wore it:

This red Billabong maxi skirt has been a staple since I thrifted it nearly 4 years ago. I'm always surprised when I look in my blog archives and see it hasn't hit 30 wears yet, I wear it a lot! When I was looking through the archives to get the latest count on number of wears for this skirt I realised I hadn't worn it with this graphic tee! I've worn it with other white tees in the past and really liked the combination, so this was an obvious choice.

I picked up this tee from Primark in Edinburgh on our Europe trip in 2019, a great souvenir from our trip. With the blue graphic print on the tee, the blue denim jacket, periwinkle blue Chloe Paraty bag and blue Converse were the obvious matchy-matchy options. Even though the blue shades don't match exactly they do compliment well! The only thing I didn't like about this outfit was the necklace kept slipping down under my tee - a different necklace would have been better.

I really liked the blue and red of this - the skirt always makes me happy when I wear it and I needed something comfortable and colourful to try cheer me up for another dentist appointment.


Last worn: moto denim jacket, gold necklace, Edinburgh graphic tee, red printed maxi skirt, blue Converse All Star, Chloe periwinkle small Paraty bag.

Other ways to wearmoto denim jacket and printed jeans, Edinburgh graphic tee and floral kimono, red printed maxi skirt and striped tee, blue Converse All Star and shorts, Chloe periwinkle small Paraty bag and sundress.




Unboxing My Chloe Paraty:





What I wore:

denim jacket, band tee, navy stripe maxi skirt, converse, Chloe paraty | awayfromtheblue

navy stripe maxi skirt and Chloe periwinkle small Paraty | awayfromtheblue



Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Tee: Kisschasy The Final Roar band tee
Skirt: Target navy side split maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagChloe periwinkle small Paraty


Why I wore it:

This outfit was not such a good idea. The same formula as the one above, with a graphic band tee instead of just a regular graphic tee, another printed maxi skirt, denim jacket, Converse and the same Chloe small Paraty bag. I've even worn the tee and skirt together before too. It was a comfortable outfit for working from home, but this skirt has a slit on the side. As usually happens around this time each year, I've tried to wear it on a day that was just a little too cold for it!

I was nice and comfortable and warm while working from home but when hubby and I went out to an appointment in the evening I was regretting the skirt - it really is a warm weather option and it got so cold that night! Thankfully it was a short appointment and we could quickly go back home so I could change into something warmer. Made realise it's time to start thinking about swapping my denim jackets for leather jackets too!


Last worn: blue denim jacket, Kisschasy band tee, navy striped maxi skirt, white Converse Chucks, Chloe small Paraty bag (above).

Other ways to weardenim jacket worn 30 ways, Kisschasy band tee and jeans, navy striped maxi skirt in monochrome outfit, white Converse Chucks and bermuda shorts, Chloe small Paraty bag and culottes.

Perfect for pregnancyblue denim jacket in second trimester, Kisschasy band tee in second trimester, white Converse Chucks in second trimester.


How You Can Wear It:

Graphic tees and denim jackets are failsafe combination! You can use a printed maxi skirt to add more colour and interest to an outfit. In the first outfit the red skirt works as a contrasting colour, in the second outfit the maxi skirt ties in with the blue and white colour scheme of the rest of the outfit for a more monochromatic result.



Weekday Wear Linkup #127


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails






Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

61 comments:

  1. I like this outfit formula, I think I should use it more often for myself. I remember this red skirt as well: it's so pretty, no wonder you wear it a lot. It surprises me it still didn't hit 30 outfits. May be because of the design I remember it so well. During winter and fall I often tend to feel a little cold i my outfit because I keep on positive thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely a skirt you can't forget! Such a fun one to wear! :)

      Delete
  2. I love wearing graphic tees and a denim jacket, although it is more of a spring/ early summer thing here in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably should have kept that second outfit for spring myself, haha!

      Delete
  3. Love both of these light layered looks! That color combo in the first look is really nice! Thanks for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love denim jackets :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute! Hope you have a great week.
    Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2021/07/travel-diary-new-york-city-2021.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a skirt that looks exactly like that second one. I haven't worn it in 2 years but I haven't gotten rid of it. Maybe I will style it in the fall.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I hope you can rewear it soon! I love mine, it's a staple! Just not for cold days!

      Delete
  7. I really like both outfits, Mica. Sneakers with skirts and dresses is always such a great combination for moms! You look so great as usual, my friend.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. To me the combo graphic tee-Converse-denim/leather jacket is a must!
    I wear it pretty often too!^^
    Your outfit are both very pretty,and that bag really match them perfectly!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both amazing looks :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like both outfits very much! Graphic tees are always great to combine with almost any bottoms. I love the color combination in your first look!

    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two wonderful outfits, Mica. Love the flowy red skirt, but my favorite look this time is the second, navy and white outfit. It's one of my favorite color combos! And of course I love stripes too! Sorry you got chilly wearing it!

    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the light blue and white with the red skirt! The light blue Converse are so cute with it.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look absolutely amazing dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are experiencing the opposite here on the east coast of the US, in Maryland. It's time to peel off the layers, as summer heat and humidity both are rising! I like this outfit formula for chilly weather, though. The unexpected matching blue Converse are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking good. A graphic tee and maxi-skirt with a denim jacket is a great go-to formula for an easy put together look that is fun and modern.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Denim looks good with red! Love the layered look xx
    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo, I love your outfits! I don't wear maxi skirts enough, but you have inspired me to get them out!
    Thanks for sharing and hope you are having a great week!
    Aimsy xoxo
    Aimsy’s Antics

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mica, I love your harmonious blues in these outfits! The red skirt really pops against them. I love a graphic tee (although I don't wear them too often), and proclaiming "band love" is the best! Time to get those leather jackets out!

    Thank you so much for the link-party! I'm joining you with my own graphic tee (and it's a band tee!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely leather jacket weather here now, so windy and chilly!

      Delete
  19. I really love your maxi skirts, especially the first one. I'm also a fan of denim jacket.
    www.sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Graphic tees are super cool, I love both your outfits!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am loving both as always, Mica:) The maxi skirts really are your "thang" and you look so lovely in them. I can totally understand though about an outfit being wrong even when it looks good. At least, the appt was short so you weren't cold for long:) I hope you had a great start to the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was grateful when I could go home and warm up again, haha!

      Delete
  22. Beautiful outfits Maxi skirts are essentials and your bag is incredible too Cris
    http://www.photosbycris.com.au/?p=14701

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always like how you try to make your maxi skirts word for the colder months too. I think that's so smart.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they mostly work year round here - and on super cold days if you layer them!

      Delete
  24. Genial looks adore la chaqueta, es muy cómoda y elegante. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like how the graphic tees look with your maxi skirts! They are both so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love how the first outfit turned out. Sound like you might need to put tight on with the second skirt.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Yes leggings under maxis are good when it's super cold!

      Delete
  27. Amazing products! Blue bag is perfect. I loved it very much. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A maxi skirt, denim jacket, and graphic tee are a classic summer outfit combo! Loving both ways that you styled yours here, Mica.

    https://avecamber.blogspot.com/2021/07/summer-style-cutout-midi-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stylish as always. And still putting me to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Converse trainers and denim jackets are one of my favourite pairings! I love the outfits you've created and I adore that red skirt, it's such a pop of positivity :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great outfits, especially the jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love both of these layered looks. I didn't know denim goes so well with red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great combo! One I wear often!

      Delete
  33. Both outfits are perfect, although I'm hearing you on the slit in the second skirt :-) As I'm loving the pop of red from the first skirt, this is my favourite outfit. I do love that skirt and I'm as surprised as you are that it didn't reach 30 wears yet! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hopefully I will get there soon! This skirt deserves a 30 wears post to feature how awesome it is!

      Delete
  34. I love both these looks, Mica. I especially like the first one, because I love the colour and print of the first maxi skirt.
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the pairing of a maxi skirt with the denim jacket and both these outfits look great on you!
    Julia x
    https://juliareescoaching.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such pretty maxi skirts, Mica! Love both outfits, even though I'm sorry you got cold in the second one! I can completely understand that. I've definitely regretted some fashion options when going from hot to cold or vice-versa.

    Wishing you the brightest day!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful looks!
    My favorite was the first one, it's beautiful.

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like both the denim jacket and the bag. I also like your red maxi skirt. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I really like the red skirt with the blue details!
    Debbie
    www.yourstyledstory.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Converse with a maxi skirt or dress is such a fun, casual vibe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful outfit!

    https://www.biigthais.com/

    Kisses ;*

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Mica
    I can't remember when I wore a graphic tee and and denim jacket, I think I have to try that formula! I also love the bag!
    Have a great week!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great coast blue tennies. They look adorable with the Billabong skirt. How do you keep track of the number of times you have worn something. I am afraid there are things in my closet that have been worn fewer than five times. Probably need to part with those items, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I definitely have pieces I haven't worn all that much - I'm trying to be more aware of that and rewear pieces more often and buy less!
      Because I take a photo of what I wear each day for the blog I have this to search through when I want to see how many times I've worn things - it's a great archive to have!

      Delete
  44. I have those exact same Converse. Then again, I probably have every color of Converse since I'm usually a casual dresser and they go with most of my outfits that I already own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. That's awesome! My sister got me these for Christmas, I really need more now, haha! I only had black and white before.

      Delete
  45. Love both of these outfits. Graphic tees are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...