Monday 12 July 2021

Striped Tee Dresses With Snoods and Denim Jackets: Weekday Wear Link Up

For today's Weekday Wear Link Up, I'm sharing what I wore when I layered up some striped tee dresses with denim jackets and cosy printed snoods for winter, back in June.


What I wore:

Converse, navy white striped tee dress, denim jacket, jean mac bag | awayfromblue

white stripe tee dress with Rebecca Minkoff Jean MAC bag in fig  | away from blue



Jacket: Jeanswest Kitty denim biker jacket
ScarfSeed Heritage Paisley print snood
Earrings: Kmart silver leaf drop chandelier earrings
Dress: thrifted Kmart white and navy long sleeve stripe tee dress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star coast blue
BagRebecca Minkoff Jean MAC bag in fig 


Why I wore it:

I really liked this outfit, although I wish it had been worn on a better day! I love this navy and white striped midi dress with pink bags, I've worn it with a neon pink bag before, and I really liked this pink Rebecca Minkoff Jean MAC crossbody bag with it too. This paisley print snood is a firm favourite and print mixes with stripes well, and it's so very cosy.

Because this is a long sleeved dress, the denim jacket was just the right layer to wear on top to keep me warm. It was a milder day and I had a lot of running around to do as well so I didn't feel the cold much.

After the school run we had to take Cooper to the vet. We were able to pick him up later in the afternoon, after I'd picked up my son from school. Sadly, it wasn't good news that afternoon as the tests confirmed that he has heart problems. Luckily they think he will still live a long life but still not the all-clear we had been hoping for.


Last worn: silver earrings, moto denim jacket, paisley print snood, white midi stripe tee dress, blue Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Jean MAC crossbody bag.

Other ways to wearmoto denim jacket and maxi dress, paisley print snood with navy blouse, white midi stripe tee dress and skull scarf, blue Converse and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff Jean MAC crossbody bag and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancy: paisley print snood in second trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Jean MAC Review:






What I wore:

white denim jacket with navy stripe tee dress, ankle boots, floral snood and green mini 5 zip bag | awayfromtheblue

Rebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag with navy tee dress | away from the blue



Earrings: Colette Joanne teal and gold multi drop disk earrings
JacketCotton On girlfriend denim jacket in whitehaven
Scarf: The Quintessential Cambridge Willow green floral snood
DressAtmos&Here navy stripe tee dress 
ShoesAtmos&Here tan Lola leather ankle boots
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag


Why I wore it:

This was a much more fun day than the one above! Jess had invited me to a little Arbonne session she had with a friend - she sells Arbonne products so I thought I'd go along and see what it was all about. With the promise of trying out a 5 step skin routine and some makeup it was going to be a relaxing spa-like morning away from the kids! 😂 I didn't buy anything but still had a good time.

Kept my outfit simple following a similar formula as the one above: with a navy striped tee dress, white denim jacket this time, and ankle boots instead of Converse, as I felt they were a bit dressier. This pretty pastel print floral snood was a Christmas present from a friend and I'm so pleased I was able to give it a wear! Decided to go with my little emerald green Rebecca Minkoff mini 5 zip bag to compliment the greens in the scarf too. Really liked the different shades of green with this navy striped dress.


How You Can Wear It:

Long sleeved tee dresses like this are a great option when the weather starts to cool, and easy to layer up with a classic denim jacket. Adding a scarf or snood lets you add more colour and print to your outfit too, as well as a little extra warmth on a winter day.


Weekday Wear Linkup #127


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails







Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

74 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you got bad news at the vet but I hope Cooper's condition is able to be managed.
    When fall and winter roll around here this is exactly how I like to dress - layers! As it heats up or cools down I can adjust accordingly without having to completely change. The print mix on the first outfit is terrific!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellyann! He's had a lot of appointments at the vet recently but we are hoping it settles down soon!

      Delete
  2. Yes both products sound really interesting =)
    My weekend was great, thanks. Hope yours was nice too =)
    Oh this sounds like much fun =)

    Great post with nice outfits =)
    Both dresses are cute but I like the second one a little bit more =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard of Arbonne but never bought anything from it. Your dress code formula works so well with both outfits. The snoods not only add warmth and comfort but are very stylish. We are in lockdown as you know :( Hope you have a great week
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So hope your lockdown is lifted soon! Scary seeing how many cases you have!

      Delete
  4. So sorry to read about Cooper. Love the second look, perfect for such a fun morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these outfits, such great neutrals that you can add just about any accessories you want to. Perfect everyday looks x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a T-shirt dress, as they are so comfy as well as stylish, and I love how you styled these dresses with a denim jacket and snood. I hope Cooper is doing well.
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mica, I hope you had a lovely weekend!

    Very interesting fashion proposals! I like that both outfits are like the same concept but with different jackets and dresses. You did a very nice job and actually you could also switch the jackets in order to have more combinations. Anyway I think the first one is my favorite since I LOVE stripes and you add a really interesting visual contrast between the stripes and the lenght of the jacket :)

    The touch of coral with that bag makes a really interesting contrast too!

    Ooooh but sad to hear that Cooper is not that good, I really hope he can live for more years :( Sending you my best wishes!

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pablo! Poor little dog has had a rough time lately! I definitely need to wear these again and just switch the jackets around!

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry that Cooper has heart problems. I hope that they will be able to manage his condition. Love both of these outfits, especially the striped dress!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really sorry to hear about Cooper. We took our cat to the vet last weekend because he was rapidly loosing weight and it turns out he has a heart disease as well. Fingers crossed medication will help him get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Oh no, so sorry to hear that! I hope your cat can continue to have a long life too!

      Delete
  10. Love these layered looks! So chic Mica! Praying for Cooper. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those dresses look so cute with the snoods.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mica, both of these outfits are so great. I really like both of your snoods, too! Now I am wanting fall weather to arrive! But I'm sure most of us are with this crazy heat wave sweeping across the northern hemisphere! I really like Arbonne products and have been using them for over 20 years. I hope you have a magnificent Monday!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. A good striped dress is one of my all time favs <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how I LOVE these outfits!! You always look so amazing! WOW!!
    So sad to hear about Cooper🙁 he is in my thoughts and prayers🙏🙏

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog not being well. I love both outfits on you and t-shirt dresses are so comfortable to wear for running around. I hope you have a nice week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am truly sorry to hear about your puppy troubles. It's so hard. Our pup Tanner had cognitive heart disease but did live a good life. On a happier note, you look so cute in both outfits. That sound like a fun afternoon out with your friend and a little spoiling.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfits. I like denim jackets.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry about Cooper, Mica! I've got a cat and I can imagine how you feel about... Anyway keep on hoping for the best!
    Both your outfits are perfect for the middle season: layering is the key in those periods of the year!
    Totally in love with your baby blue biker jacket!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. ¡¡Hola Mica!! Se llevan mucho las rayas, yo me he comprado este fin de semana, aprovechando las rebajas de verano algunas prendas con rallas, pero no vestidos, todo ha sido de la parte de arriba. Tus dos looks están muy bien, ideal para cuando hace un poco de frío pero no en exceso.
    Y vaya, siento lo de Cooper, espero que viva feliz muchos años más. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look amazing! Horizontal stripes don't flatter me. Wish I could find more vertical stripe pieces.

    Alexandra
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these looks so so much! I adore those blue Converse shoes. What a simple and fun way to add in an extra pop of colour. You always layer your outfits to perfection. <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello!! everything looks great. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love these looks. I am all about the dress and denim look. I am sorry to hear about Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So sorry to hear about Cooper, but it must be a relief that he'll still be able to live a long life!
    I'm loving both of your outfits, with a slight preference for the second one, the navy dress, tan ankle boots and emerald bag work so well together! Wishing you a great week ahead, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the news wasn't what we wanted but we are aware it could have been much worse!

      Delete
  25. I love your striped dress and jacket. Beautiful!
    Wish better for Cooper, hope he's okay.

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing style. Love the first dress so much :-D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loving your styling looks! And I do hope Cooper can get better or at least all managed- I feel you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I find the term "snood" confusing here - to me, a snood is a net or thin scarf for holding one's hair out of the way (you used to see them in movies from the 30s and 40s), but I see from a quick internet search that the term is applied to snug scarves that are meant to cover the hair (for cultures that do that, like Muslim or orthodox Jew). To me, this is just an eternity scarf (a scarf without ends), not a snood. It is a good word, though!

    So sorry to hear about Cooper's heart - that can be very scary! I'm glad he is okay, though.

    I love both outfits here, but I think the second one is my favourite. The shorter dress and the teal purse really look great with your denim jacket, Mica!

    Thanks so much for the link-party! Have a good week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun to learn these things through blogs! We don't use the term eternity scarf here but that's what these are for sure. I find it strange we use snood and not eternity scarf as usually a lot of Aussie words are American, haha!

      Delete
  29. sorry to hear about Cooper and his heart problems. I hope his quality of life will still be good.

    Your striped dresses are amazing. I love the first one...and the second darker one looks amazing paired with a light denim jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So casual and stylish at same time, I love both your outfits!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those look like they'll easily pair up with jackets and such. I bet leggings would look great under them as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I've worn the navy one with leggings often! :)

      Delete
  32. Lovely outfits as always, Mica:) Can't go wrong with stripes. I think that's the print I have the most of in my wardrobe:D And really sorry to hear about COoper's heart problem, but it sounds like it's not life-threatening....fingers crossed things get better. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes stripes are my most featured print too! I'm hoping things stay manageable for him!

      Delete
  33. Sorry to hear your pup has a heart condition, I hope it can be managed and he can still have a happy life. Both of your outfits are perfect for transitioning weather! I especially love the matching Converse and jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You always look so cute! The jacket pulls it all together, and stripes are fun!
    Sorry about Cooper. Hope he is doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That emerald green bag is stunning! What a great statement accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lindo look me encanta la chaqueta y el bolso te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  37. You'd look totally at home in San Francisco in both of these outfits! Sorry to hear about your vet visit, but hopefully you can manage your pup's condition and he can live a long, happy life!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sorry to hear about Cooper. Glad you had a nice outing with your friends.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love it how you styles snoods, not only a working piece of clothing and more of accessory in my eyes. I think both outfits (or more like an outfit formula) works great for girl parties!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am in love with both of your scarves, Mica! They are beautiful, and go with each outfit so well. I am so sorry to hear about Cooper's heart problem! I will be praying, and I'm glad to hear that he will still have a good long life ahead. Our pets are our family.

    Wishing you the brightest day ahead, my friend!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm so sorry to hear about Cooper. I hope he gets better!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Both of the dresses are so cute but I really like the striped one!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your clothes are great.

    Winter in Australia starts in June, right? We have summer now.

    ReplyDelete
  44. It's amazing how the second dress almost looks like a solid. Yet I love how you accessorized both.
    Sending lots of love to that pup of yours.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the cute print mix here with the dress and the snood, so cute!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  46. You look so good in this striped tee dress. Loving it.

    Lots of Love: Mariann Yip
    https://www.mariannyc.com/new-chapter-new-hom

    ReplyDelete
  47. Very cute outfit.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love that blue jacket on you. Also, I am sorry to hear about Cooper.

    Bisma Rauf / Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  49. The dresses are great;) have a nice day:)

    ReplyDelete
  50. So sorry to hear that Cooper has heart problems. Both these outfits are really pretty, especially the striped dress.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Your layered up dresses are so cute - I especially love the navy and white!
    Sorry you didn't get good news after Cooper's vet visit, but I think your positive outlook is the right way to feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it wasn't the news we were hoping for but we know it could have been much worse!

      Delete
  52. Sorry to hear that Cooper has heart problems and hope he is doing well. I love both these looks, especially the striped dress

    ReplyDelete
  53. Amazing looks, dear
    My fav is the first, i love this denim jacket
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  54. I am so sorry to read about Cooper. I hope he has a good day with you.
    That striped dress look so comfy, and I love the outfit! Both of outfits are perfect color combination, Mica<3

    akiko
    https://kimonosnack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. You know I am always a fan of a striped dress, and both of these looks are so cute for a cooler day! I'm sorry to hear about Cooper's health, and I hope there are some simple meds that he can take to help. Our heat wave thankfully didn't last too long, and we are back to very comfortable cool mornings and warm afternoons!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  56. Both these looks are beautiful! I love your striped tee dress! I'm sorry to hear about Cooper's heart problem, hope he feels better!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hi Mica
    I'm in love with your first outfit, stripes are a trend that I love! I like your first look most!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thanks all for your kind comments about Cooper - we are glad he's still got some more years with us and we know we are lucky it wasn't worse news!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I'm sorry to hear that you got some bad news from the vet.

    On a happier note, I love both of your outfits! Your denim jackets are lovely.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  60. Preciosos vestidos, me encanto como los combinaste, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...