Monday 22 March 2021

Weekday Wear Link Up: Tiered Kmart Dresses and Clutch Bags

Enjoying the last warm days of summer back in February when I wore these, wearing some Kmart tiered dresses with some clutch bags. One a more dressy outfit for the Lunar New year, the other a more casual one for a day with my sister.


What I wore:

Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress with blue resin necklace and rebecca minkoff champagne gold leo envelope clutch | awayfromblue

floral maxi dress with Rebecca Minkoff Leo envelope clutch in champagne gold  | awayfromtheblue

Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress with rebecca minkoff champagne gold leo envelope clutch | awayfromblue Instagram

Earrings: Piper gold heart earrings
Necklace: Polka Luka Paradiso triple strand resin necklace transparent cobalt
Dress: Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress
ShoesNovo Tawny rose gold sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus Disney Couture Winnie the Pooh bangle
BagRebecca Minkoff Leo envelope clutch in champagne gold 


Why I wore it:

While it's traditional to wear something new and add a bit of red and gold for Lunar new year, I'd worn all my new clothes I got for Christmas or bought in January, so I went with all old favourite, this Kmart coral coloured floral print tiered maxi dress. Trying to get it closer to 30 wears, it's at 27 already. Not bad for a $25 Kmart buy, already under $1 a wear. While the dress wasn't new, the necklace was! I got it from my bestie for Christmas and I knew I wanted to wear it with this dress, it's such a good pairing for its first wear.

I wore my rose gold sandals and my champagne Rebecca Minkoff Leo clutch for a little touch of gold with my outfit - not that I really needed the clutch to go to the in laws for our traditional banquet, as we had the kids things in their usual backpack and I could have put my stuff in there. It just helped the outfit feel a little more dressed up to have a clutch. The red nail polish is the only touch of red in my outfit.




What I wore:

Kmart short sleeve tiered jersey dress in Fuchsia with marc by marc jacobs convertible clutch worn crossbody and sneakers | away from blue

Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr Q Convertible clutch in electric violet | away from the blue


NecklaceHouse of Harlow 5 station necklace in black and silver
Dress: Kmart short sleeve tiered jersey dress in Fuchsia
Shoes: Kmart white chunky platform sneakers
Bracelets: the usual plus Marc by Marc Jacobs enamel turnlock stripey hinge black and white bangle
Bag: thrifted Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr Q Convertible clutch in electric violet with Rebecca Minkoff Crystal Star Shoulder Guitar strap


Why I wore it:

This was a much more casual day so I tried to dress down this fuchsia pink Kmart tiered midi dress with my chunky Kmart platform sneakers I'd got the weekend before. Was also a good excuse to wear my newly thrifted purple bag, this Marc by Marc Jacobs convertible clutch in electric violet. I got so lucky to find an authentic designer bag at the opshop, really pleased! Had to wear my old Marc by Marc Jacobs enamel bracelet too, a little bit of brand matchy-matchy although it matches the black and white in the Rebecca Minkoff embellished shoulder strap too.

I really liked the tiered fuchsia midi dress with the purple bag, and this was just the right thing for a busy day - I was parent helper at my son's school in the morning, then afterwards I went to the library and playground with my sister and the little one before lunch and picking up my son from school in the afternoon before sports in the evening. It was such a hot day so this loose oversized dress was perfect. Not so perfect for going down the slides with my son but it was hilarious to try!


Last worn: Kmart tiered midi dress, House of Harlow necklace, Marc by Marc Jacobs enamel bracelet, Kmart chunky platform sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff guitar strap, Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr Q Convertible clutch.

Other ways to wearKmart tiered midi dress and teal bag, Kmart chunky platform sneakers and culottes, Rebecca Minkoff guitar strap on love bag, Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr Q Convertible clutch and shorts.



How You Can Wear It:


A tiered dress is great for a hot day - and easy to dress up or down! With a pretty clutch bag for a family dinner, or add a strap to the clutch to wear it crossbody and put on some sneakers to make a tiered dress more casual.




Weekday Wear Linkup #113


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

69 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous dresses:)     

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a tiered maxi! That first one is so pretty with your new necklace from your friend - how special! The second one is perfect with your new MJ bag (such a good find). Have a super week! Sorry I could not link up - my photos would not load for some crazy reason!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame you had technical issues but thanks for trying! :)

      Delete
  3. Mica, these are both such lovely dresses! I really like the bright bold colors. And the print on the first one is so much fun! You styled them both perfectly.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, your dresses are so cute! Love both of them, especially the first one. You look lovely Mica!
    Wish you a great week,
    kisses Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these dresses are so cute on you! Love your Marc Jacobs bag with the fun guitar strap!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both dresses are lovely but that floral one is calling my name. I love the floral print and colors. Thanks for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty dresses, I especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have such beautiful dresses. I absolutely love how you paired the first dress with that gold clutch, it's so eye catching.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute! The necklace from your bestie goes perfectly with your coral maxi! And I had a chuckle imagining trying to go down a slide in a tiered maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That top dress is incredibly stunning on you - and I love it paired with that metallic purse!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving both of these dresses and you've accessorized them so beautifully! The magenta color is gorgeous but also loving the print on the first one. So glad we don't have to pick a favorite!


    Hope you're having a good week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving both of these tiered dresses, especially the bright colors <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great outfits for hot summers days, Mica! They illustrate so well how versatile a dress can be with a change of accessories. Dressed up for a holiday, or dressed down for a trip to the park. Thanks for hosting the link up, and visiting my blog and your thoughtful comments, as well. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dresses are so easy to change up with accessories! :) Thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  14. Both of these dresses are super cute! I especially love that red one, it's beautiful xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I miss wearing dresses, can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can put them on again. I love your stylings <3

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are both amazing looking dresses. What a great bright colors. That sure is perfect for festive days!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe that dress is from Kmart. I don't even think we have those anymore. It is a beautiful floral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame they closed! They are going strong here as it's a different company despite the same name - they are taking over the closing Target stores :)

      Delete
  18. That fucia dress is so gorgeous on you! I love the bright color and it was perfect for the beach!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful!
    I loved the first look, the accessories gave the look a special touch :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! I absolutely love that first dress and the accessories you paired with it. You look incredible in both outfits <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not surprised that first dress is close to 30 wears. Its colour and print are gorgeous. And I absolutely love your styling with the gold sandals and clutch. The turquoise necklace is perfect with it as well. I hope your week went off to a good start, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love wearing it, it will be so fun to look back on all the ways I have styled it when I hit that figure!

      Delete
  22. That tropical dress is giving me Summer vibes! Great necklace too!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mica
    I graduated in Economics but you are the real economist !!! $ 1 a wear is amazing !!
    I love your collection of bags, this golden clutch is very beautiful and valued the outfit! But as you know I love vibrant colors, so I liked your second dress more !!
    It is always a pleasure to participate in your link up !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love the dresses Mica. I've been trying to wear them more since it's been warming up lately!!
    OOXX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow these are both gorgeous dresses :-D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh so cute bags, really cute dresses

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I love your dress, thanks for sharing and hosting. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your Lunar year outfit is fabulous, Mica.
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  29. That first outfit is so so pretty! Love that color combination! And the clutch is so pretty too!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. You find the best dress at Kmart. All of are Kmarts went out of business.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame they closed! They are going strong here as it's a different company despite the same name - they are taking over the closing Target stores :)

      Delete
  31. That first dress is especially cute on you! Love the metallic clutch too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow! You are looking so gorgeous Mica. I love all the dresses. Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Rampdiary | Fineartandyou | Beautyandfashionfreaks 

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love that you're all dressed up in the first look, but that fuchsia tiered dress in the 2nd look is just so good!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look beautiful in these dresses! The first look is my favorite!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really like your tiered kmart dress and I'm loving how you styled it with that gorgeous blue necklace and metallic clutch! Thank you for hosting this link up!

    Life is a Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  36. Matching clothing choices for the Chinese New Year momentum.
    Have a super week!.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your Lunar New Year look, that dress is so pretty! I love the fuchsia tiered dress too, it looks really comfy but still so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely!
    And amazing that you keep track of how many times you have worn a garment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's easy - I use my blog as my daily outfit diary and so I can just search and see how many times I've worn a piece :)

      Delete
  39. Every time I see your Kmart pieces, I get so jelly! Even when we had Kmart here ages ago, I don't think ur Kmart is the same as the North American ones.:) Anyhoo, you look lovely as always, and great accessories of course.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are different companies sadly!

      Delete
  40. Super cute dresses!! I really love that first floral one and how summery it is.

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Both looks are fabuloso but I especially love the Kmart dress. Those colors and I am a sucker for a tropical print. The neckline is perfect, too. My 'girls' are quite large and I hate having low cut necklines that make me feel like everything is on display. This dress is perfection. And so is that clutch. A+

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm loving the bright tropical print on that first dress! Gorgeous!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful dresses and bags.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  44. These dresses are both so perfect for warm weather! I'm loving htese bright and cheerful colors too!

    I hope you are having a great week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  45. Some pretty dress choices here. I didn’t know about the traditions of Lunar Year, every day’s a school day, and your coral red and gold are just perfect.
    Hugs Mary x.
    thepoutingpensioner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My in-laws are Malaysian so they taught me a lot!

      Delete
  46. You look so radiant and lovely, Mica! Bright colors look awesome on you! Hope you are having a great week xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. You look amazing on both of these maxi dresses. The red one is fantastic and the fuchsia maxi dress looks amazing on you as well. Pairing it with a purple bag was a great idea. Have a great day. Happy to hear you are safe from floods.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Mica,

    You look so lovely in both those dresses- sometimes it is so good to find an occasion to wear a dress.

    Have a lovely week dear

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm loving these amazing dresses! The floral print on the first one is beautiful!

    http://roadesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow, Mica, you look smokin' in that red/turquoise/gold outfit! The gold accents are so perfect, and your bold necklace is amazing. Favourite outfit this year - so far!

    You look stunning in the bright pink too - I like that you're doing some bold necklaces here!

    Thanks so much for the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Sheila! I just love every outfit I put together with this dress!

      Delete
  51. cute dress! I love the print.
    https://www.comfycozyup.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi again Mika!

    Both options are great and even if the red dress is not new it is in really good conditions and you managed to give it a twist with the golden touches, specially with that clutch! It is a very elegant option but it is fresh and dynamic at the same time :)

    The hot pink option is also nice, that color is a really good option when you want to impress :)

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
  53. Those are both so pretty but I really like the fuchsia dress.

    ReplyDelete
  54. The long dresses look so good on you. I can't believe you went on sliding with the kids in the magenta one hahah. That must be have been fun somehow. You look beautiful and vibrant in both dresses. I really like that both are super summery in vibe. Wishing you a lovely week ahead <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Both of your dresses are so pretty. Maxi dresses are so nice to wear in warm weather.

    I hope you're having a good weekend.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oh, I love both dresses. Hard to pick a favorite though.
    Grace & Peace, Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thanks all for your lovely comments - and for joining the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...