Wednesday 29 July 2020

The Magnificent 8: Hello Yellow!

For something different, sharing a Wednesday post again. I am not yet returning to the 3 posts a week I did before Coronavirus hit, this is a special post as I've joined the Magnificent Eight! The theme today is "Hello Yellow", one I had a lot of fun with as I have quite a few yellow pieces in my wardrobe now! 

So I'm sharing two outfits, one I wore on the weekend and the other during the week for the school run. Because even though it's a blog collaboration it wouldn't be my blog if I wasn't showing you what I actually wore, would it! Scroll down to see them and find out more about the Magnificent 8 ladies!


What I wore:

mustard yellow cardigan with black nobody denim skinny jeans converse navy bag mixed print tank | awayfromblue

mustard cardigan, Rebecca Minkoff Micro Bedford zip satchel in twilight | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | hellow yellow mustard cardi mixed print tank black nobody denim skinny jeans navy micro bedford bag

Jacket: thrifted SES Fashions mustard yellow cardigan
Necklace: navy and silver circle pendant tassel necklace
Tank: thrifted Target mixed print colourful printed tank
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (c/o)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff Micro Bedford zip satchel in twilight

Why I wore it:

I had this cardigan in mind for the Hello Yellow theme and was wondering what top to wear with it, as it was so warm I decided on a tank. This tank was also thrifted, just like the cardi, and the yellow in the mixed print works so well with the mustard cardigan! It was an extremely warm day so a scarf wasn't needed, I even rolled up the sleeves of my cardigan for a bit!

Kept the rest of my outfit neutral with the Converse and my black Nobody Denim skinny jeans, and the navy Rebecca Minkoff micro Bedford bag

Simple but colourful for a warm winter day in the playground. Even though we hadn't had any COVID cases in our state for 8 days at the time I was still a little unsure about taking the kids to a playground for the first time since Iso! I seemed to be the only one worried, the playground was so busy! The kids had a blast playing there even though they had to wait their turn a few times. We used to visit playgrounds regularly before everything happened, so it was nice to get back to it, and easier on my injured knee than the exploring around local trails and empty parks that we have been doing instead the past few months.






What I wore:

yellow tee with green skinny jeans navy cardigan and accessories scarf and bedford bag | away from the blue

green and blue outfit with navy Rebecca Minkoff Micro Bedford zip satchel in twilight | awayfromblueRebecca Minkoff Micro Bedford zip satchel in twilight

awayfromtheblue Instagram | yellow tee with green skinny jeans navy scarf cardigan and bag winter school run style

Jacket: Jeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl navy Geo print tassel scarf (c/o)
Tee: Jeanswest essential v-neck tee in elfin yellow
Jeans: thrifted ASOS petite green skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagRebecca Minkoff Micro Bedford zip satchel in twilight

Why I wore it:

This outfit was pulled together from other outfits I've worn before! It's not the first time I've worn the scarf and cardigan together, and I really liked this yellow tee last time I wore it with olive green jeans so I wanted to try it with these green jeans as well. I added the navy Rebecca Minkoff micro Bedford bag as it matches so nicely with the navy scarf and cardigan, and again was a nice neutral with the bright top and jeans.

Was a quiet day - doing the school run and taking the little one out to hunt for more books at the opshops. With it being No Buy July I wasn't going to browse for clothes but thought we could go have a look for some books. The kids always like picking up a book or two whenever we stop at an opshop. And with getting back into reading over Iso after my neighbour started up a virtual book club, I wanted to have a browse of the books for myself as well! Was a fun way to spend a small part of the morning after school drop off.



How You Can Wear It:

Yellow is such a cheerful colour to wear - and it pairs well with other brights too! Try it with green, blue, navy, or keep it simple and stick with neutral black skinny jeans.





The Magnificent 8

The Magnificent 8 is a collaboration of 8 stylish women, ranging in age from early 20’s to early 80’s. The mission of this collaboration is to showcase how ageless style is. There are no age restrictions on style. So wear what you want, when you want, add a smile, and strut your style with confidence. And be sure to check out all 7 of these other amazing ladies!





Every quarter, the group chooses a theme and each create an outfit that suits our own personal tastes and fashion choices and we post them on the last Wednesday of every third month. So be sure to go check out everyone’s posts with the links above for style inspiration at any age as they show you their take on the "Hello Yellow" theme!


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

59 comments:

  1. The yellow cardigan is so cute, and a great relaxed look! The printed top suits as well! Hope you have a nice week!

    x Natalie
    Lucy and the Runaways - Blog and Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow color look so beautiful on you. I like how you style it with blue bag.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/07/summer-fragrances-2019.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO many great colors in your top - so fun! I love the video you shared of your bag too! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! I love my yellow cardigan too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to continue to wear yellow in the colder months! And you are like me: blog posts are real outfits!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes finding time for blogging as a mum so much easier as I just take a pic of what I wear each day! :)

      Delete
  6. So cool your neighbour started this virtual book club! Although I love reading so much I have to admit I never joined a book club so far - it is a great idea to do this! Love both of your looks and the colour mix of the second look is absolutely perfect!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's really helped me get back into reading! :)

      Delete
  7. Okay, I cannot decide what I love more about the first look. That cardigan is gorgeous and I am obsessed with that shirt! The print is SO fabulous.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the diversity of age in your Magnificent 8!!! That's awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great group to be involved with! :)

      Delete
  9. Mica, I love both of these outfits! The first one is super cute and reminds me of a mustard cardigan that I have and forgot about. The colors in the second outfit are so beautiful and bright and bold! Well done! I am so glad that you have joined our group! It is a really fun bunch of ladies!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so fun, I'm pleased to have joined the group!

      Delete
  10. I love the yellows on you Mica. It's nice you showed two different shades of it and how it goes with so much!!
    OXOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love yellow and don't wear it nearly as much as I should. What a fun group of ladies to post with. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of your cardigan looks are so cute! I always love how you incorporate color.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both of these outfits! I'm definitely missing my sweaters, leggings and scarves right now during this heat wave right now where I live! I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yellow - my favorite color. Your first outfit was my favorite. Loved the top.
    Grace & Peace, Iris
    www.irisoroginslsramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite too - can't believe I hadn't worn these pieces together before! :)

      Delete
  15. you always have such a clever way to infuse color into your wardrobe!
    xo eva

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cool post. Love the tank top in the first photo.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mica,
    First of all, welcome to the Magnificent 8. It doesn't look like yellow was a challenge for you in your wardrobe. The yellow cardigan is a great basic piece to own and your Target print top is a great compliment to the yellow cardigan.
    I do remember that you have a fabulous bag collection from my prior visits to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so excited to join the group! I do have a lot of yellow, such a cheerful colour to wear :)

      Delete
  18. You look fantabulous in yellow! Love all your outfits especially the tank top in the first photo.

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the yellow theme, the cardigan goes so well with the cute blouse with yellow accent. Nice to know you have a magnificent 8 blogger group.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful stylizations :) I really like the first look, it's my favorite combination of colors. you look fabulous :)
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice and comfortable outfits. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your mix of blue, green, and yellow! It's such a lovely combo! Good pieces, too!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mica, that first outfit - YES YES YES!! Look at your colour! You look absolutely amazing in it. I def think mustard Cons would be a good addition to your wardrobe.

    I like the second outfit, but I feel like that pale yellow tee is too wan for the bold blue and green - the tones feel off a bit. It's still a solid outfit.

    Hope you are well, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! Colourful Converse are on my wishlist to get but I haven't been to the outlets in so long - my friend rocks here yellow ones I'd love a pair too! :)

      Delete
  24. You do suit yellow, Mica, and it's such a cheerful colour, isn't it? I particularly love the bolder, mustard yellow on you, and that cardigan offsets the multicoloured tank wonderfully! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like both outfits on you Mica. I love the first outfit with the yellow cardigan. How fun to collaborate with that group of women. I hope you have a nice end of the week and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yellow is such a happy color. I wouldn't mind wearing it everyday :)
    Cute yet lovely outfits for everyday Mica!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look great in yellow! :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how you styled yellow! It really is a lovely happy color. I especially liked how you wore it with the colorful top.

    It's good that you don't have any new cases. Our cases are actually on the rise.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had a few cases now from people not following the rules, I think it's a shame we can't get rid of it completely :(

      Delete
  29. A virtual bookclub sounds fun... I've always wanted to join one, but have never had the time. I love that yellow card and the fun tank underneath! I haven't gotten back to my normal # of posts since Covid either.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iso was the perfect time to start it up and get involved as we weren't able to go anywhere else in the evenings, haha! :) I'm just wearing loungewear if I'm not leaving the house so I'm not taking pics of that, I'll continue to have less posts for a while I think as I have less outfits!

      Delete
  30. Both outfits are so bright and nice! I really like the color combinations and this wonderful bag
    http://www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oooh love your yellow cardigan! And your green jeans are just so fun! I just joined a virtual book club too and it's been so fun. That's awesome that your boys love to get books at the opshop as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the kids love books, I like reading to them even though my eldest is such a good reader! :) The virtual book club has been so fun!

      Delete
  32. Yellow is one of those colors that I always have some difficulty with! You found a great shade and I'm inspired to keep looking until I find my perfect match. Thanks for joining the Thursday Moda link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find your perfect shade of yellow soon! It's so fun to wear! :)

      Delete
  33. Ooooh I love the way you styled the yellow cardigan with the navy! That's such a cool look! I hope you have had a lovely weekend, Mica!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yellow is such a pretty color. I love the top outfit and the way you styled it. I see how important the accessories are to complete the whole look. Love it Mica. Have nice day. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I believe I have that very same mustard cardi. And I have worn the tail off it. Love the first look especially. Pretty print top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun cardigan! I'm hoping I can get a lot more wear from this one, it's an opshop find so I'm already getting great value from the $2 I spent! :)

      Delete
  36. Love these yellow outfits, Mica! The yellow and kelly green combo is particularly fun.

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well hello yellow ! this cardi was a great thrift!
    I have been looking for a yellow blazer for years now and maybe a cardi is second best, even better if thrifted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you manage to find one - I still think about the mustard blazer I left behind in an opshop one day, I'd love to see something similar again!

      Delete
  38. Thanks all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...