Friday 24 January 2020

Maxi Skirts and V-Neck Tees With Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC Bag

I like to stick to my outfit formulas a lot, as you'll know if you follow my blog. A plain tee and a printed maxi skirt is one formula I wear often! It's such a simple outfit for a hot day, and sticking with a plain tee means you don't have to worry about prints clashing. You don't have to restrict yourself to neutrals either, I'm wearing two bright tees with equally colourful maxi skirts below.


What I wore:

cotton on raspberry tee with silver accessories and ally fashion floral boho border maxi skirt | awayfromblue

ally fashion blue border print floral maxi skirt with Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | raspberry pink tee with ally fashion blue floral maxi skirt silver accessories mum style
Necklace: Tiffany & Co silver 5th Avenue notes heart pendant necklace
TeeCotton On deep v tee in washed desert rose
SkirtAlly Fashion blue border print floral maxi skirt
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC

Why I wore it:

Wearing a lot of new pieces here! It's so fun looking at my wardrobe after Christmas and seeing all the new combinations I can come up with! This raspberry pink tee, a gift from my mum, works so nicely with this blue floral maxi skirt, another gift from my mum! While there is pink in the print of the skirt, it's a slightly different shade. I still think they work so well together though.

I kept the accessories simple, sticking with plain silver, from the silver Tiffany necklace (a Christmas gift from the boys) to the silver bracelets I never take off and the metallic silver mini MAC bag. This bag goes with everything, such a staple for me.

Had a quiet morning at home with friends - we hosted Church Online at our place for a change. It's nice having the space to be able to do things like that in our new house!


Last worn: raspberry tee, blue floral maxi skirt, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC bag. It's the first time I've worn the necklace as it was a Christmas present.

Other ways to wearraspberry tee and denim shorts, blue floral maxi skirt and turquoise tank, Rebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC bag and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancyRebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC bag in third trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC Bag Review










What I wore:

pastel yellow tee with red boho print maxi skirt and aquamarine mini mac bag | away from blue

wrap bracelet and red printed maxi skirt with Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather | away from the blue



awayfromblue Instagram | mum style yellow tee with red boho print maxi skirt outfit photo with toddler
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
TeeJeanswest essential v-neck tee in elfin yellow
Skirtthrifted Billabong 'Don't Think Of It' bikini red printed maxi skirt
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs waxed leather cream howlite beaded wrap bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather

Why I wore it:

Another bright and colourful outfit! I got this idea from Sheila and a comment she left on a previous post where I wore this red printed maxi skirt with a white tee and mustard scarf, saying the skirt would look good with a mustard tee. There is yellow on the print of the skirt so it seems like a great pairing, but I wasn't sure about the boldness of the two pieces together. When I picked up this pale yellow tee in the Jeanswest sales after Christmas, I knew I wanted to try wearing it with this skirt!

Although the red and yellow felt bold enough I couldn't resist adding a little extra colour with this aquamarine mini MAC bag. It's a firm favourite as I like the way it works with yellow! Kept the rest of my accessories simple and neutral to let the outfit shine.

This was the perfect combination of colourful and comfortable for attending a playdate with the wonderful Sasha, our kids had such a fun time together and despite a few interruptions we got a great chat in. She's such a sweet lady and blogger and I'm so glad to have had the chance to catch up with her again! Funnily enough I wore this maxi skirt last time I met up with her too!


Last worn: pale yellow tee, starburst necklace, red printed maxi skirt, studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC bag.

Other ways to wearpale yellow tee and olive shorts, red printed maxi skirt and band tee, studded sandals and navy dress, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC bag and pencil skirt.

Perfect for pregnancystudded sandals in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC bag at 39 weeks.



Printed Maxi Skirts Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A plain tee and printed maxi skirt is such an easy outfit for mum life - whether hosting friends at home or running around after your kids at the playground! For something a little different you can try a brightly coloured tee to wear with the maxi skirt, picking a colour out from the print to find the perfect colour of tee.


Linking up with Monday Runway.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

58 comments:

  1. Love these skirts and bag! You look wonderful!
    Happy weekend!:)

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that first bag - it's so pretty and that metallic will go with everything! Maxi skirts are so comfortable in hot weather, I like them so much better than shorts. Hope you have a great weekend Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love both those midi skirts - you've got me craving some warmer weather!
    Amy xx
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you have a foolproof outfit formula that just works, it really makes sense to repeat it in different combinations. Both looks are effortlessly chic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute Outfit, I´m also a big fan of long skirts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love outfit formulas too - they make getting dressed so much easier. And I love your metallic bag! Hm...I think that's one style I might need to add to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a staple in my handbag collection! :)

      Delete
  7. Such pretty skirt outfits! I'm especially loving the blue skirt but the way the red one is flowing is so beautiful! And loving the necklaces!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both such happy and bright looks, Mica! I love seeing you embrace colour! Thank you so much for the shout-out - I think the pale yellow is wonderful with that skirt, and the pop of turquoise is fab!

    Look at your little one! He's so...not little! How awesome that you met up with Sasha! She is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila for the idea! I should try it with the mustard tee one day, but I really liked how this turned out! :)

      Delete
  9. Ah yes this look is your go to! I too love maxi skirts, they are great for the super hot summers here in NY. And how cool to post with Sheila! I follow her too. You guys should do a video together!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. haha no worries! We definitely have to catch up again! :)

      Delete
  11. Yep, I love my formulas too, haha. Jeans and sweater right now ;)
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. skirts are my all time favorite to pair up with any tees. such a lovely post



    Have a nice day
    Kinza Khushboo
    Blog
    Glamorous without the Guilt
    Bloglovin | Glamorous without the Guilt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new blue skirt is beautiful! I love the bright combinations of both of these outfits! They are eye catching and look fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is why I have mostly print skirts...they are perfect like this.
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you make the simplest pieces look great together! You can't go wrong with flip flops either. I need to find some maxi dresses that fits my height @____@. Most are for taller women. I like the different colors that you paired together too! You're not shy with steering away from neutral colors. Thanks for sharing these looks!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I find midi skirts are more maxi length sometimes! The red one I did have to have taken up, but as it was a $3 opshop find I think it was worth the investment, haha!

      Delete
  16. So cute! Love your skirts :)

    x Natalie
    Lucy and the Runaways - Blog and Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love using bags and jewellery to give an outfit a little something extra and I have that necklace too but in Tiffany blue! The bag is gorgeous and looks like the perfect size!
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like this red skirt:) It is in my taste
    https://redamancyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love maxi skirts! They are so comfy and pretty to wear too!
    Charity- https://morningsonmacedonia.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the red and yellow on you, it is such a fun color combination!

    Ashlee | https://www.maybeafterbrunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds like heaven to me to be able to wear just a maxi skirt and a tee or lightweight top, especially as I got my faux fur out today. Brr! I have a hard time choosing my favourite here, as both outfits appeal to me. I'm loving the blue and raspberry of the first, but the red maxi you wore for your meet-up with the lovely Sasha is one of my favourites of yours. I'm also loving the aqua bag you're wearing with it. Hope you're having a lovely weekend, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. you make outfits look so effortless! I have never tried maxi skirts - or dresses for that matter! Maybe when it gets warmer I will like to experiment a bit more this year!

    Hayley || hayleyxmartin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such vibrant colors! I love the yellow and red together, and the clever way you chose a bag to really pop with the top and skirt.
    As I love skirts, I will be looking into your suggestions, especially since the prices really are reasonable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Mica, this is another outfit formula that works very well for you! I love both combinations and you got the perfect tip for the 2nd combination. So wonderful you added even a colourful bag to this look!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the maxi skirts - and the bright colors. Too cold here now for those clothes though, but makes me long for hot weather.
    Grace & Peace,Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how fun and colorful both of these outfits are! Your outfit formulas are always my favorite and the tees with maxi skirts looks great. I hope you are having a great weekend!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your outfits are just nice and suitable for our kind of weather.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your outfit formula. I have been getting in to doing more outfit formulas. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make getting dressed as a busy mum so easy! :)

      Delete
  29. I love your fun color combos! And of course Mr. 3 showing off his lollipop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice to visit your blog again and yes I'm back :) These are nice and cool pieces for our hot summer. I like the idea of wearing cotton tees and maxi skirts. Happy Australia Day!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. You rock these maxi skirts so well! I must say I have always been a bit more tom-boyish in the skirt department, I always feel a bit silly when I wear a maxi skirt - but you look great! xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely skirts but for some reason maxi skirts don't look good on me :(

    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love a good maxi skirt, they're so comfortable and so flexible. That red one is very much something I'd wear, and I'd probably style it much as you have done - great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Una entrada estupenda !se te ve estupenda ! 👌👌👌 Me alegro verte por mi blog , espero verte por allí muy pronto! Feliz domingo! 💓💓💓

    ReplyDelete
  35. What cheerful outfits you've put together Mica, just looking at them makes me smile! I definitely need to be a little braver with my own colours. How lovely that you've been able to connect with another blogger in real life too!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like this formula because outfits look great on your. Thank you for sharing.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/01/carolina-herrera-good-girl-eau-de-parfum_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. You look fantastic. I love your bag!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. I loved your look, you were elegant, and the post was incredible. kisses https://beperes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm a huge fan of a plain tee with more vivid prints too. It's such an easy fail-safe outfit. I love the colour of the pink one! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  40. That is such a beautiful blue skirt! This makes me wish for summer

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. Ts and long skirts are perfect for a hot day. You look great in both of your outfits. Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The yellow and red are such pretty colors on you! The pop of color from the bag really is fab too. Hope you guys have had a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  43. It was so great meeting up with you, Mica! It was so lovely to have such a great chat and see the kids having so much fun! I love both of your pretty maxi skirts but my fave is the red one! It's so vibrant and summery! I hope to catch up with you again soon, Mica! Thanks so much for your kindness :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I had so much fun, looking forward to our next catch up! :)

      Delete
  44. Cute maxi skirts Mica, they sure do look great on you darling.


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm loving the colorblocking fun that you went for in two outfits! The V-neck tops you're wearing are so right my alley. Matter of fact, I'm wearing one in the same style in dark grey, right now! I just love how soft the fabric is! You and your friend look super adorable. And your kiddo's top made me smile :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...